AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-03, 22:50   Link #641
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Reading the new chapter, something just crossed my mind: Alicia and Beth were "reporting back" to the Organization.

In that case, it is actually possible they DID went to the West, but felt the new youki and felt obligated to return to the East to report this.....in other words, the map may be correct(despite messing up Helen's eyes).

However, that does sound weird. By the time Raciella awakened, they and the AE's should have been on Riful's doorstep. Aside from still not seeing any AE's, is Alicia that fast that should could make it all the way to the West and back to the HQ in such a short time?

Miria gives off the impression that Alicia is a rocket, It depends more on how well and far Alicia can sense. Sensing Riful the first time at the Witch's Maw gave me the impression she was close by, and not a million miles away at HQ.
Old 2009-06-03, 22:54   Link #642
dee32

Since Luciela was dead and Rafaela now is too. Any chance the new consciousness waking up is the yoma parts of both them.
Old 2009-06-03, 22:55   Link #643
necrosis6

Hm, all i have to say is why didn't Raphela tell Clare what the big mistake was rather than fight her. The naked fanservice at the end was rather overdone imo. It's like a rule in shonen manga for women to get naked during a fight. Anyways, I'll not comment on the interpretation of the fight between Clare/Raphela since there isn't enough information to completely understand what was going on then. What are people's opinion on what the one mistake that Clare made? If it was simply awakening Raphela, it could've been said quickly. Raphela didn't really know much about Clare in particular so it's not like the mistake is that the dragon kin are a lie made up by Rubel.
My speculation on what the big mistake is that the mistake is partial awakening without being aware of the consequences. Raphela was slowly disappearing from the merger. To me, it seems like the awakened part of the mind slowly ate the human part. What if every partial awakening that a claymore, part of their mind becomes awakened and slowly eats away at the human part. Raphela could've seen what had happened to her slowly happening to Clare and wanted to warn Clare about it so that Clare could better protect her mind. I've always been a big fan of having the partial awakening having some sort of drawback.
With regards to Clare getting a power-up, I personally hope that she never reaches abyssal level, while not being completely awakened. If she ever became abyssal in power, then it would make most of the other ghosts pointless and it's easy enough for all of the AO level characters to kill each other off. Personally, I thought that the whole point of introducing the AE were to give the ghosts someone of their level to fight to the death with. It would be pointless to give Clare a super power up when she's powerful enough as is.
Old 2009-06-03, 22:57   Link #644
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
Since Luciela was dead and Rafaela now is too. Any chance the new consciousness waking up is the yoma parts of both them.
Hence, my "monster with a few fuses blown" comment. Stuff will hit the fan.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:01   Link #645
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Clare picks a new power up! Rafaela's Memories! We don't know what that does yet but stay tuned...for another month
Old 2009-06-03, 23:03   Link #646
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Rapha is a cunning old lady. Her memories would teach Clare lots of stuff.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:06   Link #647
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis6 View Post
reaches abyssal level, while not being completely awakened. If she ever became abyssal in power, then it would make most of the other ghosts pointless and it's easy enough for all of the AO level characters to kill each other off. Personally, I thought that the whole point of introducing the AE were to give the ghosts someone of their level to fight to the death with. It would be pointless to give Clare a super power up when she's powerful enough as is.
Huh? How is Claire powerful enough as it is? It's up to Yagi, but it's presumed if she's ever going to fight Priscilla, she's going to need to be strong enough. I doubt if he makes them fight eachother, that Claire is going to be the weaker one.

Who cares if the other Ghosts are weaker? Criminey, I feel like I keep repeating myself over and over again: When on earth did power level dictate importance? This is not a typical shonen manga so it should stop being treated as such. Everyone has something to offer; if they didn't, Yagi would have just killed them off. Raki is the weakest person right now in the manga, but he's still alive because he is important and has a purpose to serve. Claire is the protagonist so it makes sense that she steadily gets stronger and naturally reaches the Abyssal stage without having to awake. How is it easy for the AO's to kill eachother off? that doesn't make sense.The AE's are a dangerous threat to everyone regardless of how powerful they are because of their ability to adapt to anything.

God, post after post feels like I'm repeating myself for no reason. Maybe I should just start copying and pasting from now on.

Quote:
We don't know what that does yet but stay tuned...for another month
Like yezhanquan says, even if she didn't get a powerup, she'll get her memories to help correct her mistake, and Claire will have all of Raphala's experience, specifically battle experience. That's technically a powerup.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:10   Link #648
Supermutant

I thought it was a really exciting chapter, but I was a little let down by the additional questions raised. What was it, I wonder that Clare is doing wrong; is it the desire for revenge? Rafaela has some experience with revenge... but hasn't had much contact with Clare, so that may be coming out of left field.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:12   Link #649
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

If we assume that Rafaela's memories contain her battle instinct, techniques, and basically the best ways she knew how to fight, then that would undoubtedly help Clare's battle potential.

Instead of a massive energy boost like certain shows use, the 'experience transfer' power up plot device seems a little more reasonable.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:13   Link #650
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Rapha is a cunning old lady. Her memories would teach Clare lots of stuff.
She is already teaching Clare how to transform like a magic girl
Old 2009-06-03, 23:14   Link #651
dee32

Did anyone notice that Rubel, Tabitha, Clarice ,and Miata not shown on the map. Another thing the location Raki is at now could it possibly be the town he and Clare got separated at?
Old 2009-06-03, 23:27   Link #652
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

All I can say on Clare is that with each arc, she's getting replaced bit by bit with spare parts from others.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:28   Link #653
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
All I can say on Clare is that with each arc, she's getting replaced bit by bit with spare parts from others.
I'm waiting for the FrankenClare picture to pop up.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:29   Link #654
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
She is already teaching Clare how to transform like a magic girl
jajajajajajja

And yes, Raphaella's memories are a HUGE powerup, I think the battle demonstrated Raphaella and Claire were equal in power, but the former was dominating at first because of her skills, not brute strength. So if Claire has her memories now, that would make her as dangerous as Raphaella, but Claire has another abilities, so...today Claire is closest than ever to be a number one.
Old 2009-06-03, 23:45   Link #655
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I noticed something page 15, Rafaela said that Clare would understand her mistake though her body. Is that a clue, or it just means the memory that is in her body?

Edit:
Ok, it might not be a clue, on page 26-27 Rafaela told Clare to put all of her memory into her body.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:07   Link #656
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

One of my favorite recent chapters by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-06-04, 00:17   Link #657
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm waiting for the FrankenClare picture to pop up.
If Clare is the monster, who is Dr. Frankenstein? I have this feel that someone just made another move on the chessboard. Moving into mid-game, me thinks.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:19   Link #658
SagaraSouske

On Panel 16 in raw (page 15 in One Manga), Rafaela said:

"Kokokara saki ni, Omai ga sono karada de rikai suro beki kodo da..."

One Manga translate this to:

"From here on, you must come to understand through that body you bear."

It is a bit confusing in the context of the previous panel with the mistake.

It would be better translated to be:

(Unsaid: "Enough of this") "Now you must use that body of yours to learn..."

Rafaela is basically telling Clare to fight.
Old 2009-06-04, 00:28   Link #659
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Clare is now forever known as the lego claymore

1 more month of waiting ;_;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-06-04, 01:16   Link #660
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

we need the Teresa part of Clare to rise up.. its been far too long since we've heard from her. and yeah, Clare got her power up. Org has Alicia and Beth and the AEs, Riful is Riful, Raki has Pris, and the 7 have Clare. it'll be interesting to see how powerful she is now. hopefully they'll show a stalemate with A and B.
Closed Thread