AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-18, 18:40   Link #41
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe Netflix's US customers like to binge watch titles so simulcasting it would not make any of their viewers happy.
This is something that only Fuji TV could answer, I mean, it was they who produced the anime block in which this anime is broadcast and are considered the producers of the series. Maybe Netflix will simply obey their guidelines and give priority to the Japanese audience? which is usually the case with the anime that Netflix has licensed. Nanatsu no Taizai and Kakegurui are just a few examples.

About the series, I think the production is beautiful, but it's still not something that makes me anxious to watch weekly.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 20:06   Link #42
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Daft Punk is playing at my... AI? The modern day music references are becoming kind of interesting... I dunno about all the product placement though. Curious about Crystal.

I'm intrigued enough with the series to not wait on Netflix but as far as drama unless there's some kind of major twist I really kind of expect things are going to stay rather fluffy.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 20:19   Link #43
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm fuckin loving this show. It's funny that these two are conducting in guerrilla music performances, but I hope they get their time to shine in an official capacity soon. The little snippet with DJ Ertegun really makes me wanna go to a rave. With the whole AI aspect and how they seem to dominate what people's tastes in music are, I hope that this doesn't put electronic music in a bad light and pit it against the good "real and live" music lol. But we've yet to see other singers/musicians in this show, so we'll see. The realistic use of social media and the product placement also helps make the show more believable. And I love how they design Tuesday's mom to look like the stereotypical "white person". She's so ugly lol.

if only instagram posts showed up here
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwXPmzLn..._web_copy_link
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-18, 22:54   Link #44
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't really get the feeling there's going to be a conflict between the two. They're both too nice. Carole didn't even get angry when she saw the mess Tuesday made. The drama will come from Tuesday and her family situation. Then Angela.

Although with two cour, anything is possible.
Carole is a better person than me as I usually feel the urge to kick someone's ass when they just leave their dishes in the sink and expect me to wash them without asking.
Old 2019-04-18, 23:18   Link #45
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

The stage performance in episode 2 is the best one minute and thirty seconds I've seen in an anime in a long time. Just like Roddy, I was mesmerized.

So far, my only gripe is with the obnoxious drunk, Gus. Unless he very quickly cleans up his act, he is definitely going to put a damper on my enjoyment of the series.

And, contrary to the uninformed that think that Carole & Tuesday's singers are Canadian, wrong. Nai Br.XX, Carole's singer, is from New York and Celeina Ann, Tuesday's, was born and lives in Tokyo. If you watch the Carole & Tuesday Story of a Miracle videos, you can see that Ann is as fluent in Japanese as the VAs. I doubt very much that she would consider herself Western seeing that her own website is in Japanese.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-19, 00:44   Link #46
Magewolf

So far the music has not been doing anything for me at all. Which is a problem if the whole show is supposed to revolve around it. It seems very "elevator music"-ish , like some easy listening song you have heard a thousand times playing in stores but can not remember any of the tune or lyrics of.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-19, 19:08   Link #47
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm having a hard time believing that Timberland boots and Cyndi Lauper are still a thing on Mars a century or more from now. And they need a few more songs. But it is lovely to look at.

I'll take Bon and Sen's performance at the school festival over this one for now.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

All the kids running to the auditorium was bit over-the-top, but it gave Watanabe something to show besides just the two of them performing for four-and-a-half minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
This is something that only Fuji TV could answer, I mean, it was they who produced the anime block in which this anime is broadcast and are considered the producers of the series.
Which "block" is that? It's not noitaminA; their current show is Sarazanmai.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2019-04-19 at 19:32.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-19, 19:19   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm having a hard time believing that Timberland boots and Cyndi Lauper are still a thing on Mars a century or more from now. And they need a few more songs. But it is lovely to look at.

I'll take Bon and Sen's performance at the school festival over this one for now.
Sensei, I praise your gift for understatement.

It's not just Timberland and Cyndi - the "future" in this so far reminds me of one of those Adachi series where everything looks like 1989 except one of the kids has a flip phone.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-19, 20:30   Link #49
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's not just Timberland and Cyndi - the "future" in this so far reminds me of one of those Adachi series where everything looks like 1989 except one of the kids has a flip phone.
And "Mars" might as well be Brooklyn.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-19, 20:56   Link #50
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:

Which "block" is that? It's not noitaminA; their current show is Sarazanmai.

+Ultra, created in October 2018, oficial site: http://plus-ultra.tv/

info: https://myanimelist.net/news/54284886
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-20, 13:35   Link #51
grecefar

the song is getting to me, like little by little is getting more beautiful... this is getting nice to see with only two chapters.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-20, 19:28   Link #52
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
I'm having a hard time believing that Timberland boots and Cyndi Lauper are still a thing on Mars a century or more from now....
And... No one remembers that guy named Elvis, right? He debuted on the Ed Sullivan Show 63 years ago and now he's completely forgotten, right? And nobody wears Levi's anymore since s they're old hat, having first appeared well over a century ago. And what was that guy's name, oh yeah, Mozart... I don't have a hard time believing that a brand and a singer could still be in use or popular well past their sell-buy date (or that an anime is repleat with not so subtle brand name advertising), but I do have a hard time believing that communication technology would have virtually stagnated (cell phones, specifically) at today's level, although that upload speed was quite impressive.

Quote:
I'll take Bon and Sen's performance at the school festival over this one for now... All the kids running to the auditorium was bit over-the-top, but it gave Watanabe something to show besides just the two of them performing for four-and-a-half minutes.
Thanks for posting that. It's been a long time since I last saw it. Of course it's kinda like comparing apples to walnuts. A couple of my other favorite anime performances are Haruhi's God Knows and Nodame's Rhapsody in Blue.
Old 2019-04-20, 20:03   Link #53
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

God Knows is probably the best insert song I've seen. Hirano was at the top of her game at this point in her career.

YouTube

The Rhapsody in Blue performance is also a favorite of mine though I like the live-action version even more.

YouTube

I think, with the exception of Mine's actor, they are playing this live. Certainly the soloists like the clarinetist look to be actually performing, not just acting with the music dubbed in. Playing instruments while dancing around like that must have been pretty challenging even for professional musicians.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2019-04-20 at 20:23.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 12:42   Link #54
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
God Knows is probably the best insert song I've seen.
I can't help but agree with you. I bought all the various DVDs, but this one performance is the single thing I like the most about the whole series. I even made my own clip of the performance (in both Japanese and English, though I prefer the English version) and have watched them countless times.
Old 2019-04-23, 06:29   Link #55
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

For me the best music performance in anime was from ep. 1 or 2 (do not remember) of Angel Beats!

And this series is still keeping a good level. Hope they'll manage not to drop it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-25, 12:22   Link #56
videoman190

Quote:
Some new easter eggs in this episode for fun:

1. Same currency as Cowboy Bebop

2. Whatsapp emoji sculpture

3. Girl with a Balloon (Banksy), a.k.a. half-shredded artwork

4. Use of Wikipedia

5. Gus mentions "Justin", "Picotaro", "Brian Epstein", and possibly "Bruno's performance on Mars"
Two things I see this episode. I knew it wouldn't be this easy and Tuesday's mom doesn't give a "beep" a bout her running away as long it doesn't cause some scandal.

This is only the beginning.

Last edited by videoman190; 2019-04-25 at 12:48.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-25, 16:19   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tuesday best girl.

The references and product placement might have helped give this anime a sense of realism if it wasn't set in the fucking future. Instead, it comes off as incredibly jarring. Their depiction of the future is unimaginative as hell too, they basically put touchscreens everywhere and called it a day. I don't see any point in having this set so far into the future (AI making music didn't require this much of a timeskip) and on Mars to boot. It feels like they just did that so they could slap a "sci-fi" tag on it and attract more people.
Old 2019-04-25, 19:35   Link #58
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The parody of Vogue's 73 Questions got me.

ROUND AND ROUND, THE DANCING LAUNDRY~
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-25, 20:44   Link #59
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

episode 3

I know that the writers will pull some asspull miracle and turn Gus into the best manager on Mars, but while they were running away from the Narcissist's estate I just couldn't help but wish he would keel over with with a heart attack. He is every bit an egotist as the Narcissist, but at least the Narcissist isn't a has-been (or never-was) drunken sod. As it is now, agreeing to have Gus be their manager looks like a really stupid mistake.
Old 2019-04-25, 22:08   Link #60
HandofFate

i think the DJ did the right call, C&T don't really seem like the demographic his club goes for.
And he didn't care that they cost him probably hundred thousands of dollar worth of damage in his big home.

Tags
music, sci-fi