AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 15:05   Link #241
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
A result of the change in the medium.
You'd think, but it's surprising how many adaptations screw up on this point.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 15:26   Link #242
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Incidentally, regarding the episode count, one thing I wanted to throw out there is that next episode appears to be split in two parts (with a different title for each half). So it's possible that when they said "45 episodes", some of those were full-length, and some of those were half-length. If that's the case, it would probably be a two-cour show, which I think would make more sense for a late-night show rather than than the unusual "45" count. Of course, time will tell if even the 45 number is based in fact.
Old 2012-04-04, 15:33   Link #243
Clarste
Human

Assuming it keeps following the manga, there really shouldn't be many half-episodes. It adopts an arc format after around chapter 9, and some of the chapters before that two chapter mini-arcs too (and thus would fill an entire episode on their own). So even if that was the case it'd only have maybe 4 less episodes than we'd expect.
Old 2012-04-04, 17:56   Link #244
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Incidentally, regarding the episode count, one thing I wanted to throw out there is that next episode appears to be split in two parts (with a different title for each half). So it's possible that when they said "45 episodes", some of those were full-length, and some of those were half-length. If that's the case, it would probably be a two-cour show, which I think would make more sense for a late-night show rather than than the unusual "45" count. Of course, time will tell if even the 45 number is based in fact.
The 45 episodes citation is a TV schedule listing. So no, provided that it's legit, that would be 45 full standard episodes.

Dunno what the response here at Animesuki will be quite yet, but given the scope of the anime project, I'm thinking it's possible we might get big enough to justify a subforum. lol, not to get too far ahead of myself at this stage, though...

The wait for subs is pretty harsh. I'll be pretty disappointed if (as things are looking right now) this series doesn't get licensed for simulcast.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 18:29   Link #245
Misdreavius

Well seeing as the initial premise of this anime is one of the most hated story ideas out there (I've seen lots of people complain about student councils), and since many people hate the idea of a perfect character (though Medaka should be an exception), and since it's Gainax (read: boobs), I don't expect the feedback for this series to be anything but negative EXCEPT for the people who've read the manga and knows about the major shift that's will eventually come, which it will considering that Unzen is in the bloody OP.

Though I seriously hope that not every negative comment is about the fanservice, seeing as this is pretty much Gainax standard. I mean, didn't Yoko's boobs do something similar throughout TTGL?

Oh and Toyosaki's voice isn't THAT bad, though I definitely would have preferred a much deeper authoritative voice, but at least she's tolerable. Oh and Shiranui's voice is perfect.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 19:19   Link #246
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
Oh and Toyosaki's voice isn't THAT bad, though I definitely would have preferred a much deeper authoritative voice, but at least she's tolerable.
I liked it. Early Medaka was always more of a cute than a tough character, so I think it fits.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 22:26   Link #247
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Watched the OP... Everything about about felt kind of weak and forgettable (especially the song). Meh. I'll save my true impressions for the episode itself, though.
Old 2012-04-04, 22:28   Link #248
bumbayker

Hmm... I wonder why fansub groups are overlooking this series? I would have thought an anime produced by Gainax would attract some. I've checked some of their websites and none have announced that they'll work on translating it.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 23:00   Link #249
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Hmm... I wonder why fansub groups are overlooking this series? I would have thought an anime produced by Gainax would attract some. I've checked some of their websites and none have announced that they'll work on translating it.
This hasn't even been out for 24 hours,give them time
Old 2012-04-04, 23:33   Link #250
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
deleted post

Last edited by Iby; 2012-04-05 at 15:59.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 23:47   Link #251
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The 45 episodes citation is a TV schedule listing. So no, provided that it's legit, that would be 45 full standard episodes....
I think I have found that citation (it was posted here as a jpg). There is now a note on the page -- and on the pages for other shows -- saying that they've done their best to get the right episode count, but the numbers are not totally certain. They ask that anyone who knows for sure let them know.

I think it's pretty daring for the producers to go right ahead and schedule so many episodes for a late-night anime before they know how well the show is being received. But this is a popular manga, so it's possible that the 45 is a year, minus the time the show is (maybe?) pre-empted for the Olympics, etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 00:07   Link #252
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think it's worth asking - has Gainax ever done a series of that length? I don't believe they have, and that seems like an odd choice for the first one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 00:28   Link #253
Clarste
Human

Not sure why it'd be an odder choice than anything else. It's a reasonably successful Shounen Jump manga by a bestselling author whose anime adaptations are also bestselling. There are worse things to invest in.
Old 2012-04-05, 00:33   Link #254
Misdreavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think it's worth asking - has Gainax ever done a series of that length? I don't believe they have, and that seems like an odd choice for the first one.
If the 45 episodes is to be believed, then I believe that it might be because it's a Shounen Jump series, and almost all of the shounen jump series that have been adapted that I can think off the top of my head have at least 24 or more episodes, or run for quite a long time. I also kind of expect Kuroko no Basketball to run for some time too.

I'm also hoping that somebody in the production department went... "WAIT, 24 episodes is not enough to even get to Kumagawa, we need at least 45 episodes guys to do a proper adaptation but still get to the good part."
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 00:39   Link #255
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Not a manga reader but from the few things I've seen from a few later chapters,if there's one shonen jump manga that seems right for gainax it's this one.
Not to mention the "gainaxing" potential of Medaka
Old 2012-04-05, 00:45   Link #256
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdreavius View Post
If the 45 episodes is to be believed, then I believe that it might be because it's a Shounen Jump series, and almost all of the shounen jump series that have been adapted that I can think off the top of my head have at least 24 or more episodes, or run for quite a long time. I also kind of expect Kuroko no Basketball to run for some time too.
Bakuman was only 25 episodes for the first season. It got a second season later, but they were still playing it safe with the episode count.
Old 2012-04-05, 01:17   Link #257
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i liked the first episode, but the thing that really shined for me was the BGM, the op wasnt that great but was still good, some people seemed to not have liked it much, but the truth is that the manga dint starst strong either, and didnt get as good until the last student council member showed up.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:30   Link #258
larethian

The manga was in danger of getting canceled for quite a while. So I doubt that the initial phase of this anime will be outstanding. I'm not sure about later parts since I was totally bored throughout the first 40 over chapters, or somewhere there, and gave up...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 03:01   Link #259
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I do remember few late-night animes that have more than 26 episodes (split cour shows excluded) : GTO is a great example for what I'm talking about. However, these kinds of episode counts for late-night shows are more present in the 90s than nowadays.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 03:05   Link #260
Akarin

The first episode was good and faithful to the manga. I probably won't watch the next episode because 45 episodes are too much for me to watch. brb reading ch.141 manga.

Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ wants you.

Ep1 avatars
. . .
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen