AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 06:19   Link #61
Raviel

^The remote controls are the hilts of the blades, if you'll notice there are slots on them where the blades are attached.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 06:34   Link #62
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
My plan during the 100 years of peace....

Traps for Titans

> Landmines - that right for the weight of an average Titan... This won't exploded even a human steps on it...

> Holes w/ iron stakes below it - same as the landmine... won't collapse under 100kg weight.

**Should be place on the streets....

For Escape > Underground tunnels fit for human height only under every house that has a common exit to the next level.

Additional Defence > Iron Gates, small enough for carts to pass...

I'll be furious if they can't make those but could make thousands of kilometer wall...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 08:51   Link #63
Raviel

They already tried the stakes (or maybe I was blind and saw something else near the gates), I don't think landmines like that would be practical since Titan sizes vary so much.

Also, I don't think placing traps in streets would be as effective as bolstering wall defenses and improving the capability of the garrison troops to seal wall breaches quickly.

The rest is.......well......huge spoilers.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:17   Link #64
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The idea of building traps wouldn't be bad at all. They could place harpoons at the bottom so that the Titans would remain stuck.

This would give at least a few more time for the population to escape in case of another invasion.

But apart from slowing down them it wouldn't achieve much else.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 17:55   Link #65
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
They already tried the stakes (or maybe I was blind and saw something else near the gates), I don't think landmines like that would be practical since Titan sizes vary so much.
I think one day is enough to decide to how strong the landmines they will be making,,,, more if they got 100 years to plan.. or they never planned of making an offensive at all..

Quote:
A wise man in times of peace prepares for war
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Also, I don't think placing traps in streets would be as effective as bolstering wall defenses and improving the capability of the garrison troops to seal wall breaches quickly.
The objective to to keep a many Titans trap as long as possible to prepare for an offensive.

Pin down half of the enemy while fighting the rest. Kill the others after wards with fire and guns...
Old 2013-05-01, 18:00   Link #66
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Complacency is, ironically, a very dangerous thing.
They spent 100 years with the walls protecting them...I dunno if they even found the need to plan for such things until the Titans came knocking.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 18:33   Link #67
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Complacency is, ironically, a very dangerous thing.
They spent 100 years with the walls protecting them...I dunno if they even found the need to plan for such things until the Titans came knocking.
Well we have seen that somehow they bolstered their defenses now, but it was absolutely of no consequence for the colossal Titan.

Old 2013-05-03, 10:55   Link #68
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

This is just a reminder: if the anime hasn't covered it, it's considered a SPOILER and can't be posted here. Also, don't single out a particular part of a post and hint that it's a spoiler...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 05:11   Link #69
NoemiChan
Banned

I seen the latest episode.... The blade might work but its.... suicide.... They might all die if they continue like this....

The 3D's risk is much higher than its benefits... Injury and miscalculations is very high....
Old 2013-05-05, 09:39   Link #70
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I didn't know think they could whip around like Spider Man, but they still got owned I really wonder what's going to happen next.
Old 2013-05-05, 09:42   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The problem with traps is that they'd have to be smart (meaning, someone would have to man them), and maintained. And at most they'll slow down one titan each. It's not a bad idea, but it's not a cure-all either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 10:02   Link #72
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This shot makes me think that they should have made that moat a lot wider and that they should have created a system to quickly destroy the bridge in case of emergency.

Old 2013-05-05, 10:05   Link #73
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

This shot makes me think that they should have made that moat a lot wider and that they should have created a system to quickly destroy the bridge in case of emergency.
Though we've seen that some deviants can jump like freaking kangaroos.
Old 2013-05-05, 10:09   Link #74
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah but if titans that can jump like kangaroos are deviant that means most of them can't.

Old 2013-05-05, 11:04   Link #75
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

They should have made some hot oil traps too, but I think they thought they were safe within the wall forever. So they didn't bother making traps in case the Titans broke the wall. .
Old 2013-05-05, 11:09   Link #76
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
but I think they thought they were safe within the wall forever. So they didn't bother making traps in case the Titans broke the wall. .
That was true before, not now. They even said that they have plans to counter the Colossal and the armored titans. They were expecting them.

Old 2013-05-05, 11:22   Link #77
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm willing to bet that the best anti-titan defenses are put up in the inner most walls while the rest just get these shabby traps that barely slow them down.
Old 2013-05-05, 11:53   Link #78
SagaraSouske

I would just train a ton of archers and crossbow man that can utilize 3D gear to move around or shoot while riding a horse. Maneuver around the titans and shoot their neck with concentrated fire. Even if 90 Arrows/Bolts miss, 10 hit, it's better then engaging in melee combat.
Old 2013-05-05, 12:11   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd train some, too, but don't expect them to do more than slow the Titans down. (Though i guess getting the eyes could be useful).

Spoiler for manga, detail on Titan physiology:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 13:12   Link #80
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I seen the latest episode.... The blade might work but its.... suicide.... They might all die if they continue like this....

The 3D's risk is much higher than its benefits... Injury and miscalculations is very high....
The deaths in episode 5 weren't due to any problems with the 3D gear though. They were cause by rash actions and bad luck.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote