AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 57.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-16, 02:53   Link #61
sheeplet

Excellent episode.

The flashback felt a bit off though. They were unnecessary if you ask me, since I'm pretty sure the events of the Level 6 Shift are already hammered deeply into the minds of the audience. Also did not digging the friendship themes JC Staff added, but I guess that's just me.

About the profit thing you guys were discussing earlier. Academy City's goal is to create something beyond Level 5, 'to understand the truth of the world and to be able to understand god's response' or something like that. I think that's what profit means in this case.
sheeplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 03:34   Link #62
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Not exactly. AC won't make any money off of making Accelerator level 6 but he's still number one because of it. In fact they are actually losing money by spending a fortune making Accelerator level six, just the clones alone would cost 3,600,000,000 yen ($38,181,600.00 in US dollars) plus all the other expenses (paying ITEM, paying Accelerator, buying 20000 rifles, etc).
I somehow find the mental image of Accelerator drawing an income to be highly amusing...
Old 2013-06-16, 04:36   Link #63
Traece
:cool:

You know, I do love a good anti-climax, but I think that this episode had one of the most hilarious ones I've seen yet.

So it looks like we're starting to breach into Index territory, eh? It should be interesting to see how they handle this in relation to people who haven't seen Index, as I am one of those people. If they even need to worry about it at all...
Old 2013-06-16, 07:01   Link #64
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

An excellent episode, the only down side is the bit of weird pacing near the end and Touma.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 07:06   Link #65
RJ TAYLER

Perhaps it was her way of Mystic-ly squaring it up with her opponent?
Old 2013-06-16, 10:56   Link #66
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This is just a note that I moved 20 posts to a new thread on Motivations and Morality. Hopefully that allows the topic to grow and follow its own direction beyond the scope of just this current episode.
Is there any way to make the morality thread part of the railgun forum? Otherwise, I feel like people won't really be able to tell if it's updated as easily, but I'm not too sure...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 11:22   Link #67
Goldzero

everything about this episode was amazing(and the highlight of the episode was clearly kamijou touma) can't wait to see the next episode. though this has noting to do with the episode it seems like everywhere i go people are exited about touma reappearance in railgun.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 11:33   Link #68
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Am I the only one who made a serious Excalibur face when I saw Touma?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 13:33   Link #69
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
mugino just got ownd
Old 2013-06-16, 14:32   Link #70
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
everything about this episode was amazing(and the highlight of the episode was clearly kamijou touma) can't wait to see the next episode. though this has noting to do with the episode it seems like everywhere i go people are exited about touma reappearance in railgun.
Well... for the people who are desperately waiting for season 3 and the Index movie: Touma's appearance is like a dream come true. Plus... who doesn't like the fact that his animation was highly improved... even though I didn't exactly like his new animation in episode 10... episode 1 was better IMO.

I want to see Touma animated next episode with gusto.

Part of the reason everyone was so happy to see Touma most likely was also that as we've seen Touma appear in railgun season 1 (strictly sticking to railgun) Touma always seems to lighten the mood by being funny in some way, even in the episode preview this was entirely noticeable.

Touma makes Mikoto happy as we've seen so far... and everyone teases her about her liking him *cough* *Kiyama* This is a side of her I've missed for a while... So it's nice seeing her with guys who aren't usually trying to beat her up or who are delinquents. In contrast... she tries to beat him up as we've seen...

What is there not to like?

I mean along with Mikoto... he's one of the main characters of Raildex which is why he has cameos in railgun (something that I'm sure that Railgun watchers also know by now...)... so why not be excited?

I think the last three episodes were really really good. Did you guys like episode 10 or episode 5 more?... it's tough for me to actually decide.

Episode 10 is twice as far so shouldn't it be twice as good, but it wasn't? Just kidding
Old 2013-06-16, 14:56   Link #71
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well... for the people who are desperately waiting for season 3 and the Index movie: Touma's appearance is like a dream come true. Plus... who doesn't like the fact that his animation was highly improved... even though I didn't exactly like his new animation in episode 10... episode 1 was better IMO.

I want to see Touma animated next episode with gusto.

Part of the reason everyone was so happy to see Touma most likely was also that as we've seen Touma appear in railgun season 1 (strictly sticking to railgun) Touma always seems to lighten the mood by being funny in some way, even in the episode preview this was entirely noticeable.

Touma makes Mikoto happy as we've seen so far... and everyone teases her about her liking him *cough* *Kiyama* This is a side of her I've missed for a while... So it's nice seeing her with guys who aren't usually trying to beat her up or who are delinquents. In contrast... she tries to beat him up as we've seen...

What is there not to like?

I mean along with Mikoto... he's one of the main characters of Raildex which is why he has cameos in railgun (something that I'm sure that Railgun watchers also know by now...)... so why not be excited?

I think the last three episodes were really really good. Did you guys like episode 10 or episode 5 more?... it's tough for me to actually decide.

Episode 10 is twice as far so shouldn't it be twice as good, but it wasn't? Just kidding
i pretty much loved everything about railgun S at this moment. but i won't lie the most exciting part for me was touma showing up. i guess one of the main reasons to why toumaxmisaka is so popular is because of the fact how touma makes mikoto happy and shine at her best(i literaly stopped caring about shipping's but even so i can't get over the fact about how good the chemistry they have).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 16:25   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Am I the only one who made a serious Excalibur face when I saw Touma?
Excalibur face sounds about accurate. That makes at least two of us.
Old 2013-06-16, 17:16   Link #73
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, thats the naiveness that makes Mikoto's character.

Thats why Mugino was so amused, she saw that outcome and saw trough Mikoto's thinking pattern.

Btw, given how pretty much higher ups send the #4 why not the #2. I know Mikoto would lose against someone who is just behind Accelerator but sending some who is behind her... I see that to be kind of dumb.
A reddit user actually broke down the reasons for which Misaka should have curbstomped Accelerator in that fight:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...acters/cacs6po

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 17:52   Link #74
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Except the creation of the scalar field itself has a direction--that being from Mikoto. It'd originate from her and spread off like dominos; it can't be applied uniformly over a massive area. Accelerator would just reflect that off of him automatically like he does everything else.

Not that this is the episode to discuss it on.
Old 2013-06-16, 17:58   Link #75
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
A reddit user actually broke down the reasons for which Misaka should have curbstomped Accelerator in that fight:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...acters/cacs6po
Good joke. I like it .

That user needs to study more about scalar vectors... seriously .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 18:30   Link #76
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Good joke. I like it .

That user needs to study more about scalar vectors... seriously .
Lol. He's actually slightly right, even if he's wrong. His mistake is as he says it himself: personal reality is actually the way you interpret things. Supposing Mikoto's attack could be interpreted as a scalar field by her... Accelerator could interpret the attack as a vector field because it's equivalent... so he could reflect it. He's #1 because he has a stronger personal reality as we've heard time and time again already in season 1, personal reality= power and in this case profit as well...

I'm pretty sure it's obvious the vectors that Accelerator can use are physical and not abstract like the guy posted... he's just playing with the definition of vector... vector doesn't have to refer to an abstract concept... I'm an aspiring pure mathematician... so I know this fact much better than an aspiring physicist would no matter how pure they say they are... pure math, abstract concepts tend to go together perfectly especially when you are talking about vectors... lol... anyway.... my reaction to that:

One thing from that relevant to episode 10 was this though: if what the user were saying were true, all of her clones could beat up Accelerator as well and this wouldn't be a problem... in fact, Mugino wants Mikoto to experience the darkness of Academy city because she still thinks like a middle schooler and is too naive.

The funimation subtitles also had the fact that research=profit btw, but they said ultra for Chou... I'm mentally scarred. CHOU!=ULTRA... I feel bad for the upcoming dubs... I hope its fixed... but I sincerely doubt it... it's possible though...

Mikoto is sinking into the darkness...

BTW: I love dragon quest so I enjoyed the reference:

There needs to be a meme with Accelerator killing these

Old 2013-06-16, 18:31   Link #77
freeofgreed

Quote:
Btw, given how pretty much higher ups send the #4 why not the #2. I know Mikoto would lose against someone who is just behind Accelerator but sending some who is behind her... I see that to be kind of dumb.
The level 5s aren't assassins that can just be sent out as pleased. Mugino could've easily just denied the job if she didn't want to do it and the highers ups wouldn't have been able to do squat about it. Just like how no one can force Mikasa to do anything, no one can force the #2 to do anything he/she doesn't want to do either. Mugino is a mercenary and they paid her, which is why they were able to send her.

Also they didn't know who was the one blowing up the facility. For all they knew it could've been a level 3 or 4, and they probably thought just having the #4 was overkill.
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 18:37   Link #78
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeofgreed View Post
The level 5s aren't assassins that can just be sent out as pleased. Mugino could've easily just denied the job if she didn't want to do it and the highers ups wouldn't have been able to do squat about it. Just like how no one can force Mikasa to do anything, no one can force the #2 to do anything he/she doesn't want to do either. Mugino is a mercenary and they paid her, which is why they were able to send her.

Also they didn't know who was the one blowing up the facility. For all they knew it could've been a level 3 or 4, and they probably thought just having the #4 was overkill.
No... they thought it was probably Mikoto, I'm sure... They just didn't want to get rid of someone who is still possibly of some value if she got stronger...

And... they don't need to force them... they need to know the level 5's psyches so they can manipulate them to doing what they want them to do... that's what we've been seeing with Accelerator so far anyway...
Old 2013-06-16, 18:38   Link #79
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Excalibur face sounds about accurate. That makes at least two of us.
there we go touma fans....

this eps really showed me or maybe exceed my expectation of the fight..... , give it 10/10...

and dat preview....made my side hurt because of laugh
Old 2013-06-16, 18:39   Link #80
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeofgreed View Post

There is a diference, ITEM as group does the dirty jobs for those higher ups. In the other hand, its known so far Mikoto is the public face of Academy City, when they want to draw new students they tell the story Mikoto became Level 5 from scratch. Thats why the ones who hired Mugino and co kept Mikoto identity as a secret.

Also, its not about forcing them but giving to them an offer they can't refuse, they didn't force Accelerator but persuaded him to do so, he has his reasons and maybe Mugino has her own reasons to do dirty jobs just like Frenda, Saiai, etc and how they got twisted on the way.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote