AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 15:47   Link #381
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Could "Pion" and "Oyag" actually be short for the satellites Pioneer and Voyager?
Makes sense also consider the human heritage project
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:10   Link #382
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Could "Pion" and "Oyag" actually be short for the satellites Pioneer and Voyager?
Wow good theory. So Pioneer and Voyager probe merged with an Alien AI robot race, have now returned to Earth in their new forms, cause mayhem and in order for them to leave they have to merge with a fairy to create a new race.

Wait hang on, this sounds oddly familiar.
Old 2012-07-29, 16:11   Link #383
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Wow good theory. So Pioneer and Voyager probe merged with an Alien AI robot race, have now returned to Earth in their new forms, cause mayhem and in order for them to leave they have to merge with a fairy to create a new race.

Wait hang on, this sounds oddly familiar.
at least they aren't asking for Whales
Old 2012-07-29, 18:39   Link #384
00Coyote

Spoiler for ep 5:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 19:14   Link #385
Qilin
Romanticist

Maybe this is just me, but I could swear that series gets more morbid with each passing arc.
Old 2012-07-29, 23:55   Link #386
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

It's still a weird and fun episode for me.

Also, slimes in an artificial ruin? Kind of reminds Ancient Dream from Utawarerumono game... Yikes.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 00:37   Link #387
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

this week ep.5

another day fairies being object using here food then black slate drop.
main's grandpa see it just nothing so mention explore & festival time.
main see fairy trying to mention but ignore then cue fairy leave.
cause fairy afraid of EM waves so here book & ring for luck.
main read book the fairies give from safe to yikes if see a fairy.
cause reach 0 fairy get pancake, shot down, & lose.
festival time with all the lights with main meet cat girl named pion.
who had bit memory lost & search for someone.
next day explore main & assistant get lost in elevator ride.
enter area with little supply oh ring drop on tea cue it a fairy.
so with fairy they search then see slime creatures & run.
enter medical room see stuff mention with no EM waves.
another slime then slate it but robo-dog yikes.
oh here pino to the rescue.

to be continued...
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 02:56   Link #388
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Maybe this is just me, but I could swear that series gets more morbid with each passing arc.
Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting as well.

And it seems to me like they're going back in time, given that they're still talking about doing the Human Monument project, which had already failed back in episode 1. I wonder if later events get foreshadowed in this arc (specifically what was mentioned in that manual the fairies gave her).

Seeing where this will lead us is going to be very interesting, to say the least.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:35   Link #389
novalysis

Quote:
It's always been morbid from the first episode....

Jinrui is a morbid surrealistic satire with a dissonant bright color palette.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 05:07   Link #390
Lukeman1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting as well.

And it seems to me like they're going back in time, given that they're still talking about doing the Human Monument project, which had already failed back in episode 1. I wonder if later events get foreshadowed in this arc (specifically what was mentioned in that manual the fairies gave her).

Seeing where this will lead us is going to be very interesting, to say the least.
It seems like they're pulling a Haruhi, and airing the eps out of chronological order.
I hate the fact that every 2nd episode of this show ends on a cliffhanger-type scene.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 05:12   Link #391
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
It seems like they're pulling a Haruhi, and airing the eps out of chronological order.
I hate the fact that every 2nd episode of this show ends on a cliffhanger-type scene.
The difference here is that the arcs tend to stand alone quite well. Outside of minor references to previous arcs, the time shifts aren't anywhere as jarring as they were in Haruhi.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:13   Link #392
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Another difference is that timeline in the original Haruhi novels is out of order too, it's just that KyoAni were animating them faithfully.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 06:29   Link #393
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
That's a feature the writer and director decided on, early on the production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
The out-of-order presentation was very well known domestically, but unfortunately it's considered a feature/bug here, for well known reasons
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 08:23   Link #394
kemal_1915

Finished ep 5
problem appeared
there are two short stories in each volume and they make 2 eps for each story
so it is 4 eps for each volume
this arc spans the whole volume 3 but there are only 2 eps
a lot of content has gone missing and makes people feel disjoint
their adventure should much longer and there are some characterizations about assistant-san
and you guy has already noticed the shift of timeline
this arc is before the 1st and 2nd arc
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 12:35   Link #395
SQA

Quote:
The first episode of the series started with a semi-sentient bread mascot committing suicide and asking the series main characters to eat it, if they had any pity for its existence.

No, it's been pretty consistent.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 00:56   Link #396
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm still trying to piece together the clues here, after like 2 days of thinking, to no avail.

Some of them are easier than others, like the 'oyaji' Pion was talking about is not technically her father, but that oyage the MC found on the way. Bah, lost on translation there.

But others are not so easy. Like for example, the fairies are susceptible to EM waves, but here we have an uninhabited structure used to block EM waves. Connection here? Or those monoliths, where one seemingly fell from the sky to make a crater, but the other one is lying in a junk pile underground what looks to be a bunker? Clues aren't really matching up here.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 01:18   Link #397
whitecloud

The timeline of the series quite disordered lt's bugging me, let see if i can make a good flow out of it...

so i guess the beginning supposed to be this arc then (let's just say this arc is the monolith arc) since watashi first met UNESCO director, the hair still long and first introduced to human monument project.

now im a bit confused about whether after this the manga arc came first or factory arc since i do not know, in factory arc the hair become sentient but in the factory arc there is no sign of the sentient hair...even though that not exactly a problem, some say manga arc came first can somebody confirm?

in my opinion the after this arc something happen and her hair is forcefully cut off somehow and she had to leave the village for sometime to most likely go to school (which shown in the OP) the return back to the village that start the factory arc with the headless chicken and all
that AVE MARIA (lol)

after that the manga arc where she met Y that supposed to continue the human monument project but become engrossed in BL manga convention (haha).

of course the reverse could also happen which the manga arc happen first then she leave for sometime (which mean there is some arc in between)and then the factory arc

why i insist she leave for sometime? because in episode 1 she look like she arrived from long journey and being called sensei by the other girl reinforced the idea she most likely go to school/college somewhere...while in the current arc nobody called her sensei
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 01:27   Link #398
SQA

Your attempting to connect what are mostly Sci-fi series references together. Most of them won't have much effect on what is actually going on. Some points:

- A Japanese listener would here Pion say "Oyaji", for old man. It's actually "Oyage", which is missing a V and an R for Voyager. This, and Pion's name (likely) are a concept borrowed from the first Star Trek movie.

- "EM waves" are "denpa" in the standard tense that is used in Japanese. It can also be used to mean "psycho" or "crazy". (It's apparently the result of a murder case from 1981 where the murder claimed the "denpa" made him do it.) So the Fairies may be running from the Microwave generated electricity (a wonderful SimCity reference) or they're running from the psycho humans... or both. It's Japanese word play.

- The Monoliths are obviously a 2001: A Space Odyssey references, but they might just be a heatplate debris from the Space Shuttle or other space object. Given that one apparently summoned Pion, there's a good chance it's more like that.

- Pion fought Friender from Casshern, another Sci-Fi reference. I'm not sure which catgirl android Pion is supposed to reference, however.

So, a lot of the references are just for that reason. There's definitely going to be severe mockery of the Shounen-type genres in this arc, given the 0f - 20f rating scales. Which would lead me to think that a lot of the references are simply just references.

Lastly, when she opened the door to the outside, part of me thought it might be a Dark City reference. Which would be really fitting, since the Fairies seem to act pretty close to the villains in that movie.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 03:26   Link #399
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
- A Japanese listener would here Pion say "Oyaji", for old man. It's actually "Oyage", which is missing a V and an R for Voyager. This, and Pion's name (likely) are a concept borrowed from the first Star Trek movie.
Which in turn were borrowed from the Voyager and Pioneer projects that dealt with space exploration.
Old 2012-07-31, 09:29   Link #400
kemal_1915

post some fairies' pics
Images
lovely fairies
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
strange fairies:D
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I want this one!
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen