2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 14:57   Link #1241
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Eh, its happened before, and if it does then he's there to lend a hand against it if that is the case. You have to have more faith, that what he saw in peoples hearts will overcome such threats and allow this peace to remain. Legends, Ideas, Symbols, they last the longest and go the farthest with their message more then anything else I feel and so long as people keep those things in their hearts as Lelouch believes they will then such a time of prosperity will last and endure I feel
Yea that has never worked and will never work.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:58   Link #1242
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dominion View Post
All of this argumentation is funny.

Here is the one and only truth. Lelouch is both alive and dead.

Simply, if Sunrise wants to make a movie or OVA, the cart driver was Lelouch.

If not, then Lelouch actually did die for your sins.
You know, even if they don't make an OVA their is still enough to suggest he is still alive regardless. And Jesus came back last I recalled after dying for our sins and whatnot... <_<
Old 2008-09-28, 14:58   Link #1243
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousylaus View Post
If Lelouch is alive and went to live a happy life with CC, Suzaku sure got screwed big time, hiding behind the mask forever and working to fix this mess and bring happiness to everyone at the expense of his.

Lelouch is dead, but if people want to believe he's alive suits yourselves
Your also forgetting about Kallen who still thinks Lelouch is dead as well.

I would rather think his dead than believe that his an alive asshole.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:58   Link #1244
lancer4life

Lelouch vi Britannia is dead but Lelouch Lamperouge lives, now as L.L.
lancer4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:58   Link #1245
Trace-X

I personally feel Lelouch probably lived. There's the cart driver etc... stuff, but there's also the fact that when Charles "vanished", right before that Lelouch got Geass in his other eye as well, when Charles was clutching his throat with the hand the Geass symbol was on. Since C.C. gave him Geass V.V.'s code wouldn't disable the Geass, which would lead me to believe Lelouch got both.

Lelouch having both a code and Geass would also explain the title Code Geass.
Trace-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:59   Link #1246
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
I agree totally. All of these hint at one thing - Lelouch is alive. Taniguchi's history and throwbacks prove this point.
I'd like to add that for the few people I've seen commenting that Suzaku is the immortal one now..I think it's ridiculous. When Suzuka said "I accept THAT geass", you have to remember that in the scene where they showed suzaku and lelouche discussing the plan, that lelouche said that geass is kinda like wishes. Something about the wishes of the people. So all Suzuka really means by that is that he's the guardian/fulfiller of the people's wishes now. It's his responsibility to help maintain peace. As for what nunnaly says while she's there by lelouche's corpse after she sees his memories. There are two explanations. One is that lelouche himself didn't know that he'd be immortal, and thus nunnaly wouldn't know since there are no memories of it (doubtful). We also have to take into account that the memory transfer could've just been partial. Or that nunnaly did find out after the memory transfer that lelouche would still be alive, but is just as heartbroken that she'll never be able to see him again (for the sake of ensuring that they don't take any risks that might reveal to the world that he's still alive). Think about it, if you loved someone, but you'd never be able to see them again ever, in practice, it's almost the same thing as if they're dead.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:00   Link #1247
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Your also forgetting about Kallen who still thinks Lelouch is dead as well.

I would rather think his dead than believe that his an alive asshole.
Hey, she got the good end, far as I'm concerned she's lucky and if him being though to be dead is going to keep that going, then so be it

Uhh, weren't you just complaining about him running away if he died. Now that he's alive you think he'd just give up on everything he built? It's up to the new world and the generation born from it to uphold the ideals now made viable for them to follow, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't stick around and see how it all goes if he is still around anyway, I thought that would suit your taste better in this case
Old 2008-09-28, 15:00   Link #1248
Magna20

Some people will believe that is he is alive, other will believe that he is death.
There is a reason the creator left the ending so open as it is.
Magna20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:01   Link #1249
5_of_Spades

Quote:
Eh, its happened before, and if it does then he's there to lend a hand against it if that is the case. You have to have more faith, that what he saw in peoples hearts will overcome such threats and allow this peace to remain. Legends, Ideas, Symbols, they last the longest and go the farthest with their message more then anything else I feel and so long as people keep those things in their hearts as Lelouch believes they will then such a time of prosperity will last and endure I feel
The thing is, people tend to forget their past mistake, even with history as a mirror. And all it takes for people to forget, is the passing of two or three generations, sad but true. I can see Lulu's plan last for a while, fail, and a new Zero to rise again, perhaps in imitation of the hero image that Lelouch set up.

Countries and people unite and split and unite again as a set course of history, often with great physical and political conflicts, and often, ironically, because people at the time are aiming for something "better" and "different" with the heart that Lelouch so trusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I would love to see another story set in the CG universe, but set a century or two down the road, and have war break out... wonder what would happen
I'd love an OVA right about now.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:01   Link #1250
shinigami99

Oh i can see it now, the beginning of R3, 5 years later, everybody has finished school. Geass was never removed from the world so peace cannot exist for too long. Then a new group who controls all geass users comes up and is not satisfied with the world they have now. They deliberately try to spark some conflicts in the supposed peaceful world. Lelouch and C.C. who are very much alive, are both fighting alone and anonymously against this threat, trying to keep both their identities hidden as well as the identities of the enemies. However, the force and burden is too great for them and the entire world now knows about this group. The world is now under grave danger since there is internal conflicts with the governments forcing a breaking up of UFN and Brittania again. Lelouch and C.C. now have to make their appearance known to the world so that they can lend their assistance to avert this threat. How will the world handle their reappearance

P.S. what crack do you think im smoking when i wrote this??jk i think its a very good idea for fanfiction tho
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:01   Link #1251
The_Dominion

Quote:
You know, even if they don't make an OVA their is still enough to suggest he is still alive regardless. And Jesus came back last I recalled after dying for our sins and whatnot... <_<
Thats not the point. The point is, it was intentionally left ambigous for the reason of having the option to continue the story. For all intents and purposes he is really dead, that is until Sunrise decides he isn't.
The_Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:02   Link #1252
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post
Assuming if he did became immortal he could had simply took CC code and left her to live a mortal life. If that is the case then all the people he cares about will die as he continues to live for eternity. So in a sense he is screwed and can't go back to his old life. Lelouch would have to live with his sins for eternity as he keep losing important people.
didn't he also promise to fulfill c.c.'s wish/make her happy. that she'll die with a smile on her face..and wouldn't she? if she got to die after living a natural life in peace and quiet in the countryside with lelouche
Old 2008-09-28, 15:02   Link #1253
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

LMAO @ Schneizel being obedient and still under the Geass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeGeass View Post
Lelouch is, most definitely, alive at the end of the show. As several others have mentioned, it would appear that CC's Code was transferred to Lelouch upon his death, which also triggered the memory transfer to Nunnaly, similar to how CC transferred to Lelouch's in an earlier episode. Someone brought up that no real pact was made to justify such a transfer, but then again, I don't believe we're ever told that such a pact is necessary for a Code to transfer. Others have stated that transferring Code means the previous owner dies; false. Transferring Code only means the previous owner becomes mortal. VV died because of sustaining mortal injuries prior to transferring that killed him after transferring, and the nun died of her own will. Finally, the intentional blocking of the driver's features, his gentleman-style clothing which does not befit a farmer, and the INTENTIONAL camera pan up purposely revealing a side of the driver are far too obvious nods to an identity being kept hidden. CC is speaking to him, and as said earlier (rough paraphrasing here): "Geass, the power of kings, causes isolation to its user...well, I guess that's not entirely true, eh Lelouch?"

keypoints here:
-code transfer for Lelouch immortality
-code transfer doesn't mean previous owner dies, just becomes mortal
-blocking of driver's features and camera pan close up on driver's side too intentional, not a technique one uses for an obscure no-name cart driver
-CC's final line, directed towards lelouch, about geass not causing isolation after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
It works out for C.C. too, she doesn't want to live forever..so that means if she's mortal now, she gets to live a normal natural life with lelouche until old age or natural causes gets her...it's lelouche's turn to carry the burden CC has carried
That's another excellent and marvelous point. After all, why else would C.C. be so happy and be wandering around in the middle of nowhere? It's pretty clear that he's alive and fulfilled her wish.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:03   Link #1254
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Good idea, but.... yeah, that's got a lot of cracks in it

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:03   Link #1255
Hiku

Well regarding Lelouch status, I'd like to believe that he is alive. But because C.C. cried and Suzaku cried, it seems more like he is dead.

But for those who want to add another factor into the plausibility that Lelouch is alive, there's one thing I noticed. I'm not sure how Nunnaly could see a vision of Lelouch and Suzaku's conversations when she touched his hand. Isn't that something that C.C. could do by touching Lelouch? Maybe he had a Code after all...
Old 2008-09-28, 15:03   Link #1256
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ thats a good point with the code thing.

ooh, this ep almost made up for the crap that was the rest of the series. i want that insert song that played towards the end. so good.

anyways, my only thought was, ohgi lives. wtf. he's one of my most hated anime characters this season.

but yeah, tear jerker in some ways. 9/10 because in a sense it did redeem the season and tied up some of the loose ends.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:04   Link #1257
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Lelouch isn't actually Jesus, he just thinks he is.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:05   Link #1258
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
Well regarding Lelouch status, I'd like to believe that he is alive. But because C.C. cried and Suzaku cried, it seems more like he is dead.

But for those who want to add another factor into the plausibility that Lelouch is alive, there's one thing I noticed. I'm not sure how Nunnaly could see a vision of Lelouch and Suzaku's conversations when she touched his hand. Isn't that something that C.C. could do by touching Lelouch? Maybe he had a Code after all...
this point alone should clear everything up...only immortals with the code have the memory transfer thing going on
Old 2008-09-28, 15:05   Link #1259
Lelouch71
Black Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna20 View Post
Some people will believe that is he is alive, other will believe that he is death.
There is a reason the creator left the ending so open as it is.
Hence the creators being the true evil bastards of the Code Geass universe. Everyone have just been mindraped by this ambiguous ending.
Lelouch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:05   Link #1260
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
^^ thats a good point with the code thing.

ooh, this ep almost made up for the crap that was the rest of the series. i want that insert song that played towards the end. so good.

anyways, my only thought was, ohgi lives. wtf. he's one of my most hated anime characters this season.

but yeah, tear jerker in some ways. 9/10 because in a sense it did redeem the season and tied up some of the loose ends.
HAHAHA I hated Ougi too. I loved Lelouch though, So I wish the plausible death wasnt there
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote