AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-05, 23:52   Link #1621
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I don't think Touma and Misaki had the kind of relationship of being lovey dovey. Maybe Misaki was in a similar position to Misaka, only Misaki was more forward in her interest as she would flirt with him instead finding ways to use her powers on him in a moot struggle.
Who knows. But you would be surprised if it turns out that Misaki is really struggling. Plus, she seemed to had a relationship with Touma long before the latter met Mikoto. If she didn't mention 'relationship' to him in NT7, then how would she know how to bypass his IB to deliver a telepathic message at the right angle, as intel gathering alone is unreliable to her to successfully perform that because the attempts on analyzing his IB were always close to failure. Either way, Kamachi should seriously need to describe what relationship she had with Touma.
Old 2013-10-06, 00:07   Link #1622
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
I don't think Touma and Misaki had the kind of relationship of being lovey dovey. Maybe Misaki was in a similar position to Misaka, only Misaki was more forward in her interest as she would flirt with him instead finding ways to use her powers on him in a moot struggle.
Of course they didn't have a lovey dovey relationship. It was a joke lol (Because of the trend recently XD)

But Misaki does indeed love Touma with a passion lol

And who knows, they may really have had a close relationship somewhat.
Old 2013-10-06, 00:18   Link #1623
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well going by how Touma referred to Misaki as a "level 5 who can enter peopl's minds in Tokiwadai", I'm not sure if the feeling were reciprocated. Hence I say her position is similar to Misaka's current place. One-sided interest to crush to love.
Old 2013-10-06, 01:10   Link #1624
Exthiel
A Romaticist

Well our only major clue to their relation was that talk between Touma and Misaki. Also Misaki attracting Touma is probably her way of messing with Misaka.
Old 2013-10-06, 02:01   Link #1625
Shinhwa
Banned

But she knows about Imagine Breaker and knows how to bypass it to some extent... Which means she and he may have interacted more...
Old 2013-10-06, 04:59   Link #1626
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
But she knows about Imagine Breaker and knows how to bypass it to some extent... Which means she and he may have interacted more...
and in some way or another something lead to misaki knowing touma's imagine breaker. furthermore misaki knows touma deeply knowing his personality
Old 2013-10-06, 05:15   Link #1627
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
and in some way or another something lead to misaki knowing touma's imagine breaker. furthermore misaki knows touma deeply knowing his personality
Logically speaking, it's more likely through long-term relations. For me, it's impossible that she knows jack craps about him (Touma's dense personality and IB itself) just by intel gathering.

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2013-10-06, 18:16   Link #1628
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Quote:
Well going by how Touma referred to Misaki as a "level 5 who can enter peopl's minds in Tokiwadai", I'm not sure if the feeling were reciprocated. Hence I say her position is similar to Misaka's current place. One-sided interest to crush to love.
Finally someone being reasonable about it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Spoiler for speculation:
Who knows, but I feel like those lines:
Quote:
No matter how many times I ask or our paths cross, the answer is always the same(...)After all, these repeated coincidences cannot be explained logically☆”
Seems to imply more irregular encounters than a truly steady friendship. My guts feeling though.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-08, 01:41   Link #1629
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

replying from the Railgun manga thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
not so sure with that really. maybe a couple more than I thought but a lot of them dont have him making any plans/goals with how to defeat them, just the plain old dispel whatever is in front of him to get close.

let me propose a guy in series for a proper example of that: shiage hamazura. from what ive glimpsed, he manage to beat a strong opponent by using their pride and outsmarting them.

part of this problem is probably inherent from the very nature of touma's power. its really too OP by itself, so to compensate for the story its limited to just 1 hand and it only works on supernatural.
but its still pretty OP, its kind of "last boss" type of power, where all the good guys powers cant harm the villain no matter how powerful since he'll just negate it. then that would be where they try to find some way around that to beat him.

No you see, his power being ''too OP'' doesn't matter because the fights are still interesting and the enemies still find a way to counter it, which leads to him needing to find away around their counter.

Stiyl: used Innocentius
Izzard: used things that were faster than Touma could touch
Accelerator: used the wind/plasma
Tsuchimikado: used dirty fighting
Sherry: smashed the ground and tried to have the tunnel collapes
Tatemiya: too fast/used illusions
Agnese: Touma didn't know where the attacks would come from
Oriana: Used a combination on spells and close combat, then used her grand spell which Touma negated but it was actually a bomb inside of a bomb sort of thing
Vento: Her attacks were hard to predict, Touma was getting hit by the debris of the the attack and she attacked others

and heck nearly everyone is OP in this series, but its not about who is more OP. Accelerator gets beaten the shit of by people weaker than,

and I don't see how dispelling what he wants is a problem, that's his power
, he's suppose to use it, but by his opponents countering it, it's obvious that he needs more than just that
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-10-08, 01:59   Link #1630
desrtsku
Nympholept

From the Railgun thread as well.
Quote:
@desrtsku
for accel, its not just those wind attacks. he was throwing touma around with those steel bars/containers as well as ground attacks.
The metal bars and containers already failed to kill the guy and the rock missed once Touma got used to it. Wind was the most effective things against Touma based on what he saw. Please get in the mind of the guy instead of using your omniscient 3rd POV : "throwing rocks at the guy, throwing metal bar, dust explosions!! ... why is he still standing! Who's that guy!? I don't like him! Ok

Quote:
for that girl, she still did manage to throw him around a bit with the spells. maybe if she was running out on spells id understand the usage of all at the same time...
I already said it in my point, she only hit him because of feints and tricks. And she was just keeping up with that effective strategy, just with a version supposedly powerful enough to knock him in one go. By making him think he can cancel the entire spell while he'll only succeed in cancelling half of it ... and it HIT. It's just still wasn't powerful enough to knock him out, she's have won if she had like 10-11 more left.

Quote:
now if only those fans stop saying he's so good at the fights... he's still proven that he has some deduction but they really ought to stop saying touma's that good against anything supernatural.
But he is good, that's diehard fact. But he is not the best, that's why he loses most of his fights.
Old 2013-10-08, 16:14   Link #1631
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I hope Touma win first place this year in kono light novel, he deserves it, I mean, he was often (at least for me) the high point of the books this year.
Old 2013-10-08, 17:08   Link #1632
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I hope Touma win first place this year in kono light novel, he deserves it, I mean, he was often (at least for me) the high point of the books this year.
I'm hoping too!
Hopefully the Kirito hype has died down since the anime ended and Touma should get even more popularity after Railgun S
when will the popularity poll come out anyways?

Old 2013-10-08, 18:36   Link #1633
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
I'm hoping too!
Hopefully the Kirito hype has died down since the anime ended and Touma should get even more popularity after Railgun S
Yeah, I also hope Touma wins since anime viewers finally got to se the real Kamijou Touma in action, also hope Index 3 keeps it up since from now on is when we see Toumas foghting style evolve culminating in the epic rematch in Russia, I predict Lessar won't be the only one... ''excited'' when that fight airs.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:36   Link #1634
Goldzero

Quote:
I'm hoping too!
somewhere around this or next month i believe. touma and accelerator better be in the top 2.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:40   Link #1635
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
somewhere around this or next month i believe. touma and accelerator better be in the top 2.
We're talking about the overall character, right? Since he's already got 2nd place in Best Male.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:46   Link #1636
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
We're talking about the overall character, right? Since he's already got 2nd place in Best Male.
yup, pretty much.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:48   Link #1637
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

From the Railgun thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Umm yes please, but please do so in the LN thread since it Railgun hasn't even come close to this area.
Okay, so this is what you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
While many people mistakenly say that Touma just won against Accelerator with his right hand, they fail to mention that even in his rage Accelerator noticed that it isn't just the right hand and fighting skill that's helping Touma. He's the only character who has openly acknowledged Touma's
Spoiler for Touma:
I think it's safe to say it without spoiler text, so to be blunt:
Precognition is not an esper power
To be more precise, it is more akin to ''sufficiently advanced analysis and/or instinct'' than real clairvoyance. This is not Raven Baxter's it's the future I can see, but really an enhanced intution developped through countless battles. Read those excerpts for further understanding (important parts bolded):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 20
By depending on the defense from the ability to negate any ability to avoid being killed instantly, to buy time and use it for maximum gain. By experiencing the impacts on one’s own body and using that data as the basis to find the best way to get out of the situation alive.

(...)

The Level 0 probably didn’t realize it himself.

How to use his ability in its fullest potential, using the aftermath as a basis, and then change tactics to fight according to the situation. He was probably just combining those with his reflex. As for the Railgun making everything made of metal vibrate around her, he probably didn’t take note of it explicitly but took it in using his peripheral vision, and processed it deep inside him. So, success was not guaranteed. On the other hand, if he actively tried to take note of these things it was more likely to fail.
This too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT6
Precognition.

After so many battles with both scientific espers and occult magicians that they were commonplace for him, Kamijou had obtained that sense that resembled the instinct of an artisan. When he tried to understand it himself, it only threw off its accuracy.
And this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensa in NT7
Your precognition can be prevented by restricting the information you can take in. I’m a cyborg, remember? We don’t even have to get into electrophysiology to know that humans can’t stop slight muscle movements no matter how hard they try. However, I control everything with machines, so I can truly freeze my expression. If I wanted to, I could be as still as a statue.”
What all of those prove? That Touma's precognition is not a ''power'', it's really just him subconsciously taking information from his opponent and the environment in a one-on-one battle, only.

If you are still not convinced, Touma having precognition would imply he emits an AIM field of some sort, even in a tiny amount.

He doesn't, as explained there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazakiri in volume 6
“my body is formed through…all the esper powers in Academy City…if that person is an esper, the moment his weak energy enters my body, it would have erased my body in an instant.”
Granted, it talks about IB, but wouldn't precognition be linked to IB since they kinda work together?

Hope you understand why I said it was false.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2013-10-08, 19:10   Link #1638
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
From the Railgun thread:

Okay, so this is what you said:

I think it's safe to say it without spoiler text, so to be blunt:
Precognition is not an esper power
To be more precise, it is more akin to ''sufficiently advanced analysis and/or instinct'' than real clairvoyance. This is not Raven Baxter's it's the future I can see, but really an enhanced intution developped through countless battles. Read those excerpts for further understanding (important parts bolded):

This too:

And this:

What all of those prove? That Touma's precognition is not a ''power'', it's really just him subconsciously taking information from his opponent and the environment in a one-on-one battle, only.

If you are still not convinced, Touma having precognition would imply he emits an AIM field of some sort, even in a tiny amount.

He doesn't, as explained there:

Granted, it talks about IB, but wouldn't precognition be linked to IB since they kinda work together?

Hope you understand why I said it was false.
Fans have also speculated that kamijou precog works as a spiritual power(not exactly a power) but works in a way that seems somewhat to relate too. i believe there was a article about that in the index wiki about kamijou precog.
Old 2013-10-08, 19:17   Link #1639
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
in overall he should get 2nd
in Males he should get 1st, that's what I'm talking about

Mikoto will sadly get 1st overall tho

Old 2013-10-08, 19:28   Link #1640
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
in overall he should get 2nd
in Males he should get 1st, that's what I'm talking about

Mikoto will sadly get 1st overall tho
I'll be fine if they both get the two top spots, since they're my favorite characters in the series. Would be pretty cool if the first 5 or so spots got taken over by TAMNI/TAKNR verse characters. wait, has something like that ever happened?