Koji Fox: "Let's talk about...."
*Slide with red background, font color black and in caps, COCKS*
Moderator: "Wait what?"
Old 2016-10-16, 23:29   Link #2662
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I read that they are going to revamp the battle system..I wonder in what sense and how?

To be frank, I think FF14 battle system was rather slow and lacking....Will they improve this aspect or it will be just a minor tweak?
The main thing they talked about improving was streamlining the amount of redundant skills, clearing up damage-over-time skills so that people aren't constantly forced to stare at the DoT area the whole time, and reorganizing cross-class skills into roles (which is probably helpful given the strongly-hinted Red Mage class).

This kind of streamlining could lead to an overall speed up (they did discuss this before), but I can't say that I find it particularly slow in end-game content. FFXIV's battle content has a lot of layers, and by the time you get to end-game content it becomes a fairly finely-timed dance between regular skills, off-cooldown skills, battle mechanics, and (in some cases) alternate stances and/or positionals. The biggest problem with the battle system, I think, is that it starts out so excruciatingly simple, which gives a lot of people a very bad impression of it. If they did streamline the skills but sped everything up, perhaps it would help people better-appreciate the classes/jobs from the start.
Old 2016-10-16, 23:51   Link #2663
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
At any rate it really wouldn't make any sense for that to be a reason not to make SAM a tank in FFXI. WAR wouldn't be a tank either in FFXIV if that was the case.
The parallel doesn't hold Warrior & Dark knight were a DPS first & an off-tank second in FFXI than ever being a main tank with their skill set (and plenty of classes played as DPS first & off-tanks second in FFXI). Hence why Samurai is different because their skillset (along with monks & ninjas) pushed them to be tanks for a lot of content, thus why SE would prefer they be true DPS in XI, and the fact that monks & ninjas were made dps here means Samurai will be as well, imo.

Spoiler for FF11 stuff:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 07:24   Link #2664
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotohono View Post
The parallel doesn't hold Warrior & Dark knight were a DPS first & an off-tank second in FFXI than ever being a main tank with their skill set (and plenty of classes played as DPS first & off-tanks second in FFXI). Hence why Samurai is different because their skillset (along with monks & ninjas) pushed them to be tanks for a lot of content, thus why SE would prefer they be true DPS in XI, and the fact that monks & ninjas were made dps here means Samurai will be as well, imo.
You are talking about stuff that I've never seen nor heard about in 4 years of playing FFXI. DRK and MNK being used as tanks in FFXI? SAM being used as main tank?

Let's even say that that happened in your server, if it was unheard of by someone that has played 4 years (365 days of playtime when I did my last log out) it probably wasn't so widespread to affect FFXIV.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2016-10-17 at 09:15.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 08:45   Link #2665
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The main thing they talked about improving was streamlining the amount of redundant skills, clearing up damage-over-time skills so that people aren't constantly forced to stare at the DoT area the whole time, and reorganizing cross-class skills into roles (which is probably helpful given the strongly-hinted Red Mage class).

This kind of streamlining could lead to an overall speed up (they did discuss this before), but I can't say that I find it particularly slow in end-game content. FFXIV's battle content has a lot of layers, and by the time you get to end-game content it becomes a fairly finely-timed dance between regular skills, off-cooldown skills, battle mechanics, and (in some cases) alternate stances and/or positionals. The biggest problem with the battle system, I think, is that it starts out so excruciatingly simple, which gives a lot of people a very bad impression of it. If they did streamline the skills but sped everything up, perhaps it would help people better-appreciate the classes/jobs from the start.
I see. Thanks for the info. Yeah, you were right about the battle system at low-level. I had been like spamming 2 or 3 skills over and over when my character was under Lv20.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 09:46   Link #2666
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So patch 3.45 will include more PoTD content and probably the last leg of the Relic quest line.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 20:10   Link #2667
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So patch 3.45 will include more PoTD content and probably the last leg of the Relic quest line.
Additional 150 floors to the current POTD and the 2nd last leg; they will not give the relic welders an i270 weapon when the Scripture weapon is still locked to i260 for non-raiders
Old 2016-10-18, 20:22   Link #2668
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I270 relic will probably be in 3.55 though I assume that step will not be that hard since the time gap between 3.55 and 4.0 will be shorter.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2016-10-18 at 21:20.
Old 2016-10-18, 21:08   Link #2669
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I see. Thanks for the info. Yeah, you were right about the battle system at low-level. I had been like spamming 2 or 3 skills over and over when my character was under Lv20.
Yeah, it's pretty brutal, particularly if you're coming from another MMO so already know the basic system. But yeah, I will say that it does get better as the layers increase. It's not my favourite MMO battle system, but it does at least make up for its slow start.
Old 2016-10-20, 14:15   Link #2670
Galaxian

Finally got MNK to lv60. It's my 4th job to max out, but since it share the accessories with DRG (my main) its ilevel has shot past DRK (my first alt).
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 07:11   Link #2671
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So this 240 to 260 upgrade quest requires 50 Singing Clusters. Ways to obtain Singing Clusters:

- 1 SC a day on a Daily Expert Roulette
- 10 SC weekly on 3 Daily Levelling Roulettes with or without daily tome bonus.
- 1 SC per 150 Lore Tomes.

So if you do this diligently you can easily finish the 260 step in 2 weeks. Thank you SE.
Old 2016-11-01, 10:02   Link #2672
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
This was supposed to be a joke, but the new relic NPC are actually like that!

Old 2016-11-01, 11:30   Link #2673
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
So this 240 to 260 upgrade quest requires 50 Singing Clusters. Ways to obtain Singing Clusters:

- 1 SC a day on a Daily Expert Roulette
- 10 SC weekly on 3 Daily Levelling Roulettes with or without daily tome bonus.
- 1 SC per 150 Lore Tomes.

So if you do this diligently you can easily finish the 260 step in 2 weeks. Thank you SE.
Two weeks? Why would you need two weeks?

Ten singing crystals per day from the Levelling Roulette means you can easily get the 50 you need in five days. As you noted, you just need to complete a Levelling Roulette. It doesn't have to be the one that gives a daily tomestone bonus.

I fully expect hardcore players to sport the new relics within 24 hours.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-01, 13:34   Link #2674
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Two weeks? Why would you need two weeks?

Ten singing crystals per day from the Levelling Roulette means you can easily get the 50 you need in five days. As you noted, you just need to complete a Levelling Roulette. It doesn't have to be the one that gives a daily tomestone bonus.

I fully expect hardcore players to sport the new relics within 24 hours.
The 10 SC for leveling roulette is accomplished by finishing 3 of them, not one, and it's locked out to occur once a week.
Old 2016-11-01, 18:53   Link #2675
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I came in with enough Lores for ten crystals. Did the weekly and got ten more. Running Alex and the rouellet got me 5 more. Got half in one day. If I aim for 2-3 a day I can be finished by the time the next weekly rolls in.
Old 2016-11-02, 03:07   Link #2676
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Well I came in with enough Lores for ten crystals. Did the weekly and got ten more. Running Alex and the rouellet got me 5 more. Got half in one day. If I aim for 2-3 a day I can be finished by the time the next weekly rolls in.
That would be logical since the players who are aiming for the Scriptures weapons will be able to get it next week (a.k.a A12 7 weeks farm).
Would have been silly to give us a quest lasting for a month.

But there is no way i'm farming the Lab for Lores.
I'd much rather be late by a week or two than burning myself up with this dungeon.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 09:55   Link #2677
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
That would be logical since the players who are aiming for the Scriptures weapons will be able to get it next week (a.k.a A12 7 weeks farm).
Would have been silly to give us a quest lasting for a month.
At the price of 1000 scripture which relic owners can spend in other shire equipment thus getting ahead on item level by comparison. Not to mention the fact that anima relic have higher cumulative secondary stats than shire melded with level V materia. (and in most cases better stat allocations)

I wouldn't say it would have been silly if this step was a bit more grindy, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Old 2016-11-13, 19:20   Link #2678
Galaxian

So how many more Anima steps are we expecting after the Singing Clusters?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 19:40   Link #2679
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So how many more Anima steps are we expecting after the Singing Clusters?
Wouldn't it be just one to get to 270, with patch 3.55 ?
Got no info, just my personal guess.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 23:27   Link #2680
cyberdemon

some info on 3.5

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/25...oming-january/

Tags
mmorpg