AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-23, 11:38   Link #681
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
To that list I add the entirety of episode 7.
I agree to all that plus episode 7 which just rocked my pants off. Also, i am going throw episode 1 in there when Alto is carrying Sheryl while shes singing for some reason that scene hit my heart really hard maybe because i felt what they meeting would lead to in the future along with Ranka's and Alto's first meeting followed by the oh so familiar amature pilot in a new fighting trying to catch a girl while she falling from the sky JEE i wonder where i first saw that kind of scene
Old 2008-09-23, 13:19   Link #682
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleaFeng View Post
Second season!

LET'S FUND IT!!
Mmmmm that sounds mighty fine to my fanboy heart... but i couldnt shake off the feeling that Kawamori is going to break my heart this time with the last episode

The scene with Alto and Sheryl embracing at Saotome's house and Alto finally confessing to Sheryl before he sets off already have my heart aching like crazy.

The last few episodes, Alto x Sheryl overthrown my personal best couple in anime which Jinto x Lafiel from Banner of the Stars held for many years.
Old 2008-09-23, 14:09   Link #683
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
The last few episodes, Alto x Sheryl overthrown my personal best couple in anime which Jinto x Lafiel from Banner of the Stars held for many years.
Jinto x Lafiel is definitely one of the more dynamic couples out there. Unfortunately, in the novel they have yet to progress to where they are in the anime. With the 4th novel out, there is a long way to go for those two.

But, the novels are funny as hell:

Jinto: Hey.

Abh Girl: Please address me as class president.

Jinto: Class pres... huh?

Class President: That is a traditional nickname for our family.

Jinto: ... So uh, I've always wanted to ask, what is that thing on your head?

CP: Glasses! Haven't you seen one before?

Jinto: Of course I have, I just never knew anyone would actually use it.

CP: Hmm, thats a fairly normal response.

Jinto: Are you nearsighted?

CP: Yeah.

Jinto: You are Abh?

CP: Yeah.

Jinto: And you are near sighted? Can't you just fix it in the infirmary?

CP: Don't say something stupid like that!

Jinto: Is there a special reason for this?

CP: Being near-sighted is a family tradition!

Jinto: What? Why?

CP: Because it is a tradition that members of our family must secure and protect! That is what makes our family unique!

Jinto: Being near-sighted?

CP: Yes, now do you understand!?

Jinto: ...

- - - - -

Young Spore: I am the Countess, and I have decided I will work in six hours, why can't I decide when I want to work?

Butler: Of course you can, but I must inform you, after six hours, upon the return of your mother, we must report everything to her.

Young Spore: Wait a minute!

Butler: So, we shall await for your arrival within 6 hours.

Young Spore: Wait, don't play tricks with me!

Butler: Of course not, how dare us do such a thing?

Young Spore: Then as Countess, I order you not to report to my mother.

Butler: Of course, after all, I cannot report anything before she returns.

Young Spore: I suppose this order would be obeyed even until after my mother's return?

Butler: Countess, when your mother returns, your power as head of this household would be relinquished and returned to her. Under any circumstances, we must obey your mother's orders then.

Spore: So before she returns, I have absolute power over my own house.

Butler: *nods*

Spore: Then as the head of this house, close the space ports and prevent my mother from making entry!

Butler: Absolutely, but I must remind you, she is returning via a battlecruiser. It is heavily armed with an array of beam weaponry and fully loaded with nuclear arsenal.

Spore: Yes, yes of course. But she would not dare attack her own house, no?

Butler: I cannot answer that. You are her daughter, you understand her best.

Spore: . . .

Butler: But, as you are currently the master of this house, and as a royal servant to this family, I shall obey your orders and bravely relinquish the thoughts of death despite having to face the awe in the form of her personal fleet.

Spore: . . .

- Tak (Other dynamic couples include Hayami x Shibamura -Gunparade March-, but thats another story)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-23, 16:34   Link #684
chupacabra

Hmm i wonder what happened this week, nobody has the episode 25 even thou " it was" suppose to be released on the 22
Old 2008-09-23, 16:36   Link #685
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabra View Post
Hmm i wonder what happened this week, nobody has the episode 25 even thou " it was" suppose to be released on the 22
huh? episode 25 airs on the 25th
Old 2008-09-23, 16:39   Link #686
chupacabra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
huh? episode 25 airs on the 25th
Oh lol, i guess the blog i visit is 3 days behind lol.

But isn't it ironic, that the episode number 25 air on the september 25
Old 2008-09-23, 16:46   Link #687
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And for Macross title 25th birthday as well
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-23, 16:47   Link #688
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
I'm guessing they did it in purpose

Old 2008-09-23, 17:20   Link #689
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That's also my opinion. Less than two days away... what a bittersweet feeling...

Old 2008-09-23, 17:38   Link #690
SagaraSouske

Had to say something just because Jinto x Lafiel is mentioned. One of my favorite couples. The whole world in Crest/Banner of Stars could have been developed into so much more if not for the lack of ambition from the author.
Old 2008-09-23, 18:27   Link #691
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Just watched the episode again and, man... they'll HAVE to deliver at least as much in the next one. This was pure gold, really.

Can't get to the ending and not tear up a bit. Maybe I'm too emotional?

Old 2008-09-23, 18:30   Link #692
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Had to say something just because Jinto x Lafiel is mentioned. One of my favorite couples. The whole world in Crest/Banner of Stars could have been developed into so much more if not for the lack of ambition from the author.
Well, he has a lot of ambition. He is just lazy. Up to date, there is already 7 novels plus a side novel. No, the series on written format is not close to being over.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-23, 19:03   Link #693
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, he has a lot of ambition. He is just lazy. Up to date, there is already 7 novels plus a side novel. No, the series on written format is not close to being over.

- Tak
That was my nicer way of saying he is lazy =p
Old 2008-09-23, 21:56   Link #694
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
What are the others 4tran? I have experienced quite a few "perfect" moments myself.
  • The whole sequence at the Zentradi mall in episode 5. This is my favorite episode of anime of the last five years or so.
  • The send off and concert/battle intermix of episodes 6 and 7.
  • Grace blowing up Gallia IV in episode 13.
  • Ranka showing up to sing "Ai Oboete Imasu ka" in episode 24.
Of all of these, the last one is the most powerful, but I still liked the Zentradi mall the most. I think that one of the reasons why there've been so many great moments in Macross Frontier is that the creators love working on it, and a lot of that joy carries over to the show itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I wouldnt mind a second season time break open my piggy bank. How much does it cost to make a top quality anime these days?
I don't think that finance is going to be a problem. Macross Frontier is looking to be one of the most profitable anime of the last couple of years that doesn't carry either the "Gundam" or "Geass" monickers. If Kawamori is interested in making a sequel, a spin off or a completely different Macross show, Satelite and Big West are going to back him up on it. The real sticking point is whether he's going to be interested, and whether there's another good story to tell. Honestly, I'd rather wait the extra five years for another extraordinary work rather than six months for a mediocre one.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-09-23 at 22:07.
Old 2008-09-23, 22:06   Link #695
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Just watched the episode again and, man... they'll HAVE to deliver at least as much in the next one. This was pure gold, really.

Can't get to the ending and not tear up a bit. Maybe I'm too emotional?
i watched the battle like 10 times at least.
Old 2008-09-23, 22:18   Link #696
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
You know, there are times when I wonder to myself why I watch anime. What always happens is that eventually I come across that perfect moment when a show just works, and in every imaginable way, and I get my answer. In episode 24, I experienced just such a rare moment of perfection when mega-Ranka showed up and started singing "Ai, Oboete Imasu ka". All in all, episodes 20-23 have been fantastic, but 24 surpassed them by far. From the different character moments to the combat choreography, I loved it. It definitely helps to confirm my decision to place Macross Frontier as one of my favorites. I really hope that the final episode lives up to the run so far.
4tran showing actual passion and enthusiasm for something in anime he loves...I think I'm going cry...Oh $hit tears are actually rolling down my face now...LOL I knew there was a heart in that tin exterior^^...

MacF is definatley a show that has so much quality in so many areas...I too have been swept up by many scenes in this show, but the huge Ranka-hologram battle was simply breathtaking on another level...
Old 2008-09-23, 22:53   Link #697
golthin

My main reasons to watch episode 25 are...

See how Alto survived his VF being shot down.
See how Alto saves Ranka.
See how Sheryl is cured of her illness.
See how the people of MF survive.
See If nane returns luca's feelings.

LT is unimportant because that was already decided in episode 21.
Old 2008-09-23, 23:17   Link #698
MaiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't think that finance is going to be a problem. Macross Frontier is looking to be one of the most profitable anime of the last couple of years that doesn't carry either the "Gundam" or "Geass" monickers. If Kawamori is interested in making a sequel, a spin off or a completely different Macross show, Satelite and Big West are going to back him up on it. The real sticking point is whether he's going to be interested, and whether there's another good story to tell. Honestly, I'd rather wait the extra five years for another extraordinary work rather than six months for a mediocre one.
Kawamori said in his interview that he sees limitless possibilities for Macross, so it's likely not going to end here. But who knows, it might be a few years before we see another one. We'll all be suffering from withdrawal soon enough.
Old 2008-09-23, 23:51   Link #699
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Kawamori said in his interview that he sees limitless possibilities for Macross, so it's likely not going to end here. But who knows, it might be a few years before we see another one. We'll all be suffering from withdrawal soon enough.
of course! there are supposed to be a lot of MF type colonies out there with different cultures .
Old 2008-09-24, 00:42   Link #700
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
4tran showing actual passion and enthusiasm for something in anime he loves...I think I'm going cry...Oh $hit tears are actually rolling down my face now...LOL I knew there was a heart in that tin exterior^^...
What's so surprising about that? I've been a big fan of Macross Frontier from the very beginning; I just haven't posted all that much recently because Real Life (TM) intervened. Besides, it's not as if I don't gush about other shows as well: it's just that they tend not to be very mainstream, or obscure (Touka Gettan), or a little older (Noein), or all of the above. And of course, there isn't all that much to discuss about a lot of my favorite shows; Macross Frontier simply doesn't happen to be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
This is help a great deal since all of the Macross works are so very different from one another. As long as the basic tripod (variable fighters, singing, love triangle) is preserved, and the story takes place in the same universe, there's a lot of room for new adventures. It's also obvious that the creators are playing around with more ideas than would fit Macross Frontier alone, so it's mostly a matter of Kawamori working up the motivation to put together a new work. Still, he sort of likes taking his time at this kind of thing, so it may be a while yet before we see anything else. Hopefully, the next work won't be the 30th Anniversary.