AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-29, 03:10   Link #1
ShiShiHaato

Elemental Battle Academy

Update: This guide now covers the Full Version of the game. Sections that have been modified include Controls (element attacks, specifically), Characters (Missing hidden char for now), Items, and Menu.

This information covers the new game released by Fly-System called Elemental Battle Academy. You can download the demo directly from their site if you wanna try it out. I have no Japanese skills, so some stuff may not translate into exactly what I say it is, but some of it should be fairly accurate (except for the element attack names. I made most of those up, and only four or five are accurate). I created this guide as a reference to help new players learn the controls of the game and understand as many of the menus as I could figure out. So without further ado.. the playable characters!

Spoiler for Plum Scarlet:

Spoiler for Lierre Verde:

Spoiler for Noce Marone:

Spoiler for Limone Flaus:

Spoiler for Cyneria Kyanos:

Spoiler for Aprico Creer:

Before going any farther, it might be important to understand the interface of the game, so here it is.

1. Character Console
2. Weapon Gauge
3. Weapon Switch Window
4. Time limit
5. Radar
6. Battle message ( Usually reports kills made on other players )
7. Points gauge per team. This does not appear in single battle, instead the kills are shown in the form of medals on the left hand side of the screen like in the previous images.

1. HP Gauge
2. Elemental Burst Gauge ( EB Gauge )
3. Elemental Power Gauge ( EP Gauge, Has 10 Bars )

1. Ammo/Ammo Gauge
2. Weapon Type
3. Weapon Name

Moving right along, this is the Main menu screen. There are 10 options starting from the first option down.

1. Story Mode
2. Arcade Mode
-Single Battle
-Team Battle
3. Network Mode
4. Shop
5. Game Option
a. Dunno
b. Dunno
c. Dunno
d. BGM Volume( Go figure xD )
e. Sound effect Volume
f. Voice Volume
g. Dunno
h. Story mode difficulty I think. If not, it's computer difficulty, though that's kind of strange when you can set the computer levels in arcade mode already.
6. Play Records
7. Dressing Room
8. Replays
9. Training Mode
10. Exit

For those of you who wanted to go through the training mode to get the hang of it, I've created a list of the steps to take to pass training mode. Please note that I may have changed my keyboard configuration a little, so some keys won't be the same, however, it will tell you what keys are needed for what step in the text box during training.

Spoiler for Training Mode:

This is the Battle Options Screen, the screen you see after you choose your characters and the opponent's characters. This is a heck of a lot of options, but I spent all night last night figuring out what all of them were. For the most part. One of them I was unsure of.

Spoiler for Battle Option Screen:

Now for the moment people have probably been waiting for: Controls and Mechanics. This explains just about everything to the game's controls.

Move - WASD keys
Aim/camera operation - Mouse
Jump/confirm choice ( Menu ) - Space bar
Air dash - Space bar while in the air. Can only air dash once.
Aim projectile weapon - hold C or hold right click on mouse
Fire projectile weapon/attack with melee weapon - Left CTRL or Left click on mouse. Melee attacks have a short multihit combo.
Weapon Switch - Press up or down on the keyboard OR scroll the mouse wheel to activate the weapon switch menu. You can switch weapons with the scroll wheel or use up and down on the keyboard when the menu is open to shift between weapons in that category. You can use left and right on the keyboard, OR press right click to shift categories between melee and projectile.
Direct weapon switching - keys 1-10 on the keyboard. You can set weapons as hotkeys. Don't know how to do this yet.
Pick up discarded weapons/Use Mounted Stage Weaponry/Cancel ( Menu ) - B.
Discard Weapons - Press B while highlighting the weapon you wish to discard in the weapon switch menu. If you are looking at another weapon and the pick-up symbol is there, you will trade the weapon you drop for the one you are looking at. Keep in mind that there is a limit to the weapons you can carry. It is measured in the stars on the weapons. Each character has a total of ten stars alotted to them. The stronger a weapon is, the more stars it has.
Take cover ( Walls/pillars ) - Stand near the wall and press Z. You can attack from cover by pressing the melee/projectile firing key, this will cause your character to look around the corner and shoot once. You can fire in succession, however you cannot fire again without detaching yourself from the wall, or so my experience has been.
Dodge/Avoid - Left Shift + WASD keys
Center camera - V
Lock on - X
Strafe - While locked on ( X ) WASD
Large radar Display - Q, displays large area radar for a few seconds. Use it to determine enemy positions.

Element Attack - E ( Consumes Elemental Power Gauge, 7 Bars ) A finishing move that consumes the EB gauge. Launches an elemental attack that changes, depending on which melee weapon you have equipped and the element of the character. There are five weapons which do not have Elemental Attacks. Those are Knives, Shortswords, Pistols, Machine Guns, and Landmines.

Elemental Burst - Shift + E ( Consumes Elemental Burst Gauge while active ) Releases the full capacity of elemental power and activates Elemental Burst mode.

Elemental Attack: Second Stage ( Elemental Burst Mode Only ) - Uses your elemental attack while in element burst mode, releasing the weapon system's maximum power output, allowing the use of a devastating super finisher move. This move is still based on the weapon equipped and Element of the character, so likewise, weapons that do not have elemental attacks do not have Second Stage attacks.

Spirit Protection - On each stage, a spirit animal appears at random inside a circular field of glowing energy. Stepping into this circle will bless your character with advanced abilities for a period of time, activating Spirit Protection Mode. The spirit for each character is different, so Plum can only pick up Haati, the fox spirit. You can see what spirit is on the map and where by opening the map with Q.

Elemental Jump ( Spirit Protection Mode ) - Shift + Space. Allows for an incredibly high jump, making places that were unreachable before accessible. Also makes for an awesome escape. Using this near a wall allows you to jump up the wall, then kick off of it. In order to kick off the wall, you have to face the camera away from the wall after you perform the first jump, and then press Shift + Space again. Holding Space will allow you to stick to the wall for a few moments.

Elemental Charge ( Spirit Protection Mode ) - Shift + Space when locked onto enemy
( Holding X ). Causes your character to fly towards and through the locked on enemy, knocking them into the air and damaging them.

Elemental Reverse ( Spirit Protection Mode ) - Shift + Space when locked onto an enemy at close range. Causes your character to jump behind your enemy at high speed.

Maximum Burst Mode ( Spirit Protection Mode ) - Shift + E. Activating Elemental Burst Mode while in Spirit Protection Mode will activate Maximum Burst mode. In this mode, attack power is greatly enhanced, and using Melee attacks on the enemy will release Element Crystals of the character's element that will float about the area they are released in. These will be explained in the next description.

Elemental Maximum ( Maximum Burst Mode ) - In order to activate Elemental Maximum, you must activate your element attack with Shift+E While in Maximum Burst Mode. This is the super final ultimate map attack, usable only once. Releases element power in a violent explosion of magic. This special is character based, and has nothing to do with the weapon equipped. This will also cause any nearby floating Element Crystals to Explode when the special finishes, making the attack even more devastating to the opponent. The Element Crystals are character specific.

Switch camera type - NUM5. Don't know what this does yet, I don't have a numberpad on my laptop, sorry. Description says it switches between objective and subjective view.

Display Scope - To use scopes with the keyboard, press C twice. I noticed that this is one of the controls I modified. This is originally NUM5 I believe. If it is, then Switch Camera type refers to switching between first person and scope.

And that's it. Credit goes to Fly-System for creating this game and for the images I used from their site. I do not own these images or this game, as they are property of Fly-System. This Guide however, is copyright © to me, ShiShiHaato 04/29/2010. If you wish to use it or host it somewhere else, you must ask my permission first.

Last edited by ShiShiHaato; 2010-05-30 at 21:27. Reason: Information Update
ShiShiHaato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 04:37   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Isn't this that POP guy's art?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 05:44   Link #3
ShiShiHaato

Not sure. I wouldn't know anything about the game, other than it is being developed by Fly-System. Sorry. Can't read Japanese, so I wouldn't be able to look up the answer. If you can read Japanese, you'd probably find your answer on their site.
Old 2010-04-29, 06:04   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Isn't this that POP guy's art?
Yes its designed by him. Now you should buy and play this game.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 06:10   Link #5
ShiShiHaato

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yes its designed by him. Now you should buy and play this game.
Is the game out already? I heard the trial version came out during the winter comiket from somewhere, and the trial only just updated to ver. 0.81 recently.
Old 2010-04-29, 06:14   Link #6
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiShiHaato View Post
Is the game out already? I heard the trial version came out during the winter comiket from somewhere, and the trial only just updated to ver. 0.81 recently.
That I do not know. What I know is that Kaioshin loves POP's lolis, he should buy the game when its out.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 06:40   Link #7
ShiShiHaato

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
That I do not know. What I know is that Kaioshin loves POP's lolis, he should buy the game when its out.
Hohoh, I understand it now. >:] They are very well drawn, and cute. Heck, I gotta get the game when it's out. This guide is still incomplete. xD
Old 2010-04-29, 15:35   Link #8
InB4Haruhi
ロリPOP

The game was released at Comic1 yesterday. I love that Rie Kugimiya and Aki Toyosaki are in this.
InB4Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 19:14   Link #9
ShiShiHaato

Quote:
Originally Posted by InB4Haruhi View Post
The game was released at Comic1 yesterday. I love that Rie Kugimiya and Aki Toyosaki are in this.
Well shoot, I gotta get some money together and get it so I can complete this guide D:> Thanks for letting me know!
Old 2010-05-07, 09:20   Link #10
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
trial 0.82 and full ver 1.01 patch is released.Misc fix,i think.
Old 2010-05-10, 07:54   Link #11
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

what kind of game is this? Doujin single player game? or MMORPG?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 08:24   Link #12
Siegel Clyne

ELEMENTAL BATTLE ACADEMY Cast: Double Rie

エレメンタルバトルアカデミー

キャスト

名前:プラム=スカーレット
       CV:田中理恵

名前:リエル=ヴェルデ
       CV:釘宮理恵

名前:ノーチェ=マローネ
       CV:能登麻美子

名前:リモーネ=フラーウス
       CV:松岡由貴

名前:サイネリア=キュアノス
       CV:日笠陽子

名前:アプリコ=クレール
       CV:豊崎愛生

名前:フィオレ=イリュシオン
       CV:真堂圭

名前:闇の精霊アルプトラオム
       CV:岩崎征実

ELEMENTAL BATTLE ACADEMY

Cast

Plum Scarlett: Tanaka Rie

Lierre Verde: Kugimiya Rie

Noce Marone: Noto Mamiko

Limone Flaus: Matsuoka Yuki

Cyneria Kyanos: Hikasa Youko

Aprico Creer: Toyosaki Aki

Fiore Illusion: Shindou Kei

Yami no Shouryou Alptraum: Iwasaki Masami

I am not sure about the romanizations of the character family names.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2010-05-10 at 08:43.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 14:21   Link #13
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
what kind of game is this? Doujin single player game? or MMORPG?
Single and multi-player arena combat, with tons of gun/swordplay.
Old 2010-05-11, 04:53   Link #14
Phenix

Well, i'm playing the trial version recently.
It's a quite interesting game, i think.
Now I'm expecting the full version.
Phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 14:38   Link #15
ShiShiHaato

@Siegel Clyne

So it is Marone? I wasnt sure if it was Marone or Malone. Thanks for correcting me.

@Phenix

yeah, me too. I never got to get into Magical Battle Arena when a lot of people played it online, so I really want to get into this game. It's play style is really interesting.
Old 2010-05-14, 08:48   Link #16
Phenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiShiHaato View Post
@Siegel Clyne

So it is Marone? I wasnt sure if it was Marone or Malone. Thanks for correcting me.

@Phenix

yeah, me too. I never got to get into Magical Battle Arena when a lot of people played it online, so I really want to get into this game. It's play style is really interesting.
Well, infact i'm also playing Magical Battle Arena, which is quite similar with EBA. I just love games of this kind.
Phenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 13:55   Link #17
amjzz

I just played the full version.

Its quite fun, however...is there a way to hide the UI?.

It doesnt let me take good screenshots.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 21:32   Link #18
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Same here, it was great. I'm still looking for a controller config for my logitech dual-action controller though. But the translations of the keyboard ones here is nice too, since I might be needing to use the keyboard instead..
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 22:56   Link #19
Kougust
teh lass assasin

where can i download the full version?
i really need the full ver
please share
it's really adiking game ._.

Last edited by Kougust; 2010-05-24 at 03:00.
Kougust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-24, 14:08   Link #20
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kougust View Post
where can i download the full version?
i really need the full ver
please share
it's really adiking game ._.
You should find it in Doujin Style