AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-27, 23:51   Link #1
Falkor

Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata [A Way to Make a Gentle World]

roughly translated as A Method to Make the Gentle World.

manga by TAKEBA Kumiko and serialized in Dengeki Daioh Genesis. only one chapter has been so far scanlated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-U
Yuu Tomonoga is a genius who was accepted to an American university at the young age of 13 and later accepted into the university's graduate program. Unfortunately, he loses funding for his research, but decides to drop out and continue the research on his own. He travels back to Japan in hopes of getting funding, but he quickly runs out of money for daily living. Luckily, he gets a call from an old friend and accepts his offer to teach at an all-girls school.
Link

a few comments:

this manga caught my attention the other day. there's only one chapter available, but it already looks very promising and interesting. I liked what little of story we got so far; I also liked the art and the character designs (the girls in particular are very pleasing to the eyes; and they are easy to tell apart, too). glasses teacher, surprisingly enough, does not annoy me in the slightest, even though he is the male character. he has this "I-don't-belong-here" look/attitude that it's so very entertaining and refreshing to see, especially when interacting with the girls (his reaction and embarrassment was certainly priceless, like the moment "that" question/remark came up).

I can't quite remember that many manga (or anime) where you have a math-loving-girl. she not only appears to be very good at it, but she is also very interested in the subject. maybe that's why she caught my attention, and it's now the one character I'm liking the most (oh and she looks somewhat mysterious). next one would be that black-haired girl, who didn't have that many lines or any particular scene of importance. but she is giving away these evil vibes of someone who would scheme "interesting" situations just for fun; and I can't help but enjoy this kind of character whenever I see it---I get the feeling I'm going to like her even more. (oh and her character design is reminding of someone I've seen before, but can't quite remember).

by the way, I spotted a hand-holding scene (which happens to be in an all-girls school), but I don't want to read too much between the lines. :P

hopefully this is not a short-lived manga. I would really hate to see it end soon.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 00:38   Link #2
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahh I was thinking of making a thread for this when it first appeared but really couldn't be arsed, was gonna leave it be till a few more chapters were out.

I recall seeing the RAW for this way back and read the premise which appealed to me alot, was then hoping someone would pick it up and low and behold scan was out later on!(I was so chuffed)

I really like the art and character designs...really really like characters...alot, very nice indeed.
This story does appeal greatly as it's something a little different and hopefully will be a good read.
Initial impressions of the characters is all good, surprisingly not anything to dislike from the get go.
Old 2010-02-28, 07:16   Link #3
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

It does start very strongly. I like the main character's archetype especially when it's done right -- skinny guy with an attitude is always fun -- and the troubled background of a post-scandal school makes the environment a bit edgier and less "let there be school crushes" than usual. The art is wonderfully done and all the character designs are very pleasing to the eye. I agree with you two, this is going to be interesting.

Although I think the author pushed his age down a little too much, lol. 13 at uni, 19 a teacher!? He's younger than me!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 20:33   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

YAY! 2nd chapter is oot!

Very good chapter and guess for me, wasn't wrong to pin high hopes on this series after reading the 1st chapter.
Yuu is rather amusing in a odd way and he isn't really typical in many ways either. Even tho he gets into some typical situations at times, which btw don't come across as "OMG faceplam" worthy in anyway.
He's very liable and pretty fun see how he goes about doing stuff.
Also really quite liking Haruka now as well, troubled past is always quite exiting in a way depending on what it is, nothing too dark but enough that it keeps things exciting.
Rest of cast is pretty good as well, Drunk sensei maybe abit cliche but like I care when she's hawt as hell
I'm really liking the art for this series, very good.

God I can't wait for more, only hope we don't have to wait as long for next chapter, I was always checking up on this periodically for new releases.
Old 2010-06-25, 20:48   Link #5
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
God I can't wait for more, only hope we don't have to wait as long for next chapter, I was always checking up on this periodically for new releases.
Hate to break the news to you but the series is quarterly so your going to have to wait quite a bit for releases to come out.
Old 2010-06-25, 21:09   Link #6
Who

And because it's a quarterly annual release, I'm gonna have to start over from chapter 1 every time. Not that I mind though.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 00:05   Link #7
Falkor

guys, remember that patience is a virtue. if you wait long enough you will be rewarded. :P

chapter 02

I get the feeling that the main character, were he to end up with someone at some point, it would be with his female colleague. :P it's kinda nice that he has no romantic interest (or any interest whatsoever) in his students---which is quite an unique and curious aspect of his character. so far, he appears to be only interested in fulfilling his role as a teacher---sadly to no avail; it's funny how everything end ups backfiring. by the way, I can't get enough of how she keeps reminding him of his virginity. not sure if one of the girls is going to develop romantic feelings---maybe yes, maybe not; but I want to think that this tension between his character and the day-to-day romantic-less interaction with his female students is what's making this manga so far very interesting to read, especially for this kind of school setting.

Haruka had some really nice moments, but...

I knew I would be liking that black-haired girl ever since the first chapter... her name was Toono, I think. she is how I imagined she would be. liked her character; loved her slightly cunning/scheming personality. I would love to see more of her. not enough Aoi, but Haruka and Toono more than made up for it. :P

can't wait for more.

by the way, I think he has an imouto.... :O
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 00:39   Link #8
yongshun

Somehow this reminds me a little of Negima! minus all the magic and other supernatural stuff.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 10:26   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Hate to break the news to you but the series is quarterly so your going to have to wait quite a bit for releases to come out.
Ah so that is what they meant, they had a note about releases but I didn't quite get it, brain fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
guys, remember that patience is a virtue. if you wait long enough you will be rewarded. :P

chapter 02

I get the feeling that the main character, were he to end up with someone at some point, it would be with his female colleague. :P it's kinda nice that he has no romantic interest (or any interest whatsoever) in his students---which is quite an unique and curious aspect of his character. so far, he appears to be only interested in fulfilling his role as a teacher---sadly to no avail; it's funny how everything end ups backfiring. by the way, I can't get enough of how she keeps reminding him of his virginity. not sure if one of the girls is going to develop romantic feelings---maybe yes, maybe not; but I want to think that this tension between his character and the day-to-day romantic-less interaction with his female students is what's making this manga so far very interesting to read, especially for this kind of school setting.
Yea I really like how he doesn't go all gaga over the girls or have his mind drifting in the gutter at every moment, it's somewhat refreshing and interesting to read.

Quote:
Haruka had some really nice moments, but...

I knew I would be liking that black-haired girl ever since the first chapter... her name was Toono, I think. she is how I imagined she would be. liked her character; loved her slightly cunning/scheming personality. I would love to see more of her. not enough Aoi, but Haruka and Toono more than made up for it. :P
She has the sexy messy hair look, it's always gonna draw people in plus add her amusing personality and you got your self some win!

Quote:
by the way, I think he has an imouto.... :O
Yea noticed that, he has a little brother and sister, I can only hope we get to see more of them
Old 2011-03-30, 22:22   Link #10
Xacual

Well chapter 3 is out and we get more development on the Hirose side of things. I wonder why she doesn't want to admit to being smart? From chapter 2 we saw that her brother thinks she is useless. The other girls are also on the move to snare the teacher which I thought was amusing.

We also got to see Tomonaga's past a bit which was good to see. Wish this wasn't a quarterly series though I have to go back and read through the previous chapters everytime a new one comes out.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 01:35   Link #11
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Her mother you mean.

I was actually thinking the other day how sad the scanlation seems to have dropped off, so this is quite a pleasant surprise. Given the schedule I think the scans still have to catch up so hopefully we might see some more soon.

Although I thought how his old teacher warned him that he was a sheep among wolves was kind of funny.
Old 2011-03-31, 01:50   Link #12
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^Her mother you mean.

I was actually thinking the other day how sad the scanlation seems to have dropped off, so this is quite a pleasant surprise. Given the schedule I think the scans still have to catch up so hopefully we might see some more soon.

Although I thought how his old teacher warned him that he was a sheep among wolves was kind of funny.
Damn my mistake, I really thought it looked like a guy and they mentioned mom being and work and dad being gone so just assumed older brother...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-31, 05:55   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

YAY! After so long we got a new chapter, I was begining to lose hope!

really nice chapter overall, surprising how well the author managed to cram so much info into 30 odd pages and not make it seem rushed or over crowded.

Even managed to get a little service, some black lacy kind d(^_^)b

haha don't know why but the glasses lass almost fainting made me really chuckle for some reason, hell she is the basically the female ver of Tomonaga
Old 2011-03-31, 06:47   Link #14
jzmagic
flargansbog

I really like the story, but the magazine is released 4 times a year? Wait is killer
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 20:08   Link #15
jzmagic
flargansbog

Chapter 5 is out, Haruka is fully in love with Yuu, Aoi is along the way too.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 02:47   Link #16
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

See, when a girl says "I thought he was cool, just a little bit," it generally means you got her hook, line, and sinker.

But dude deserved it.
Old 2011-10-18, 08:09   Link #17
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

You know I really love how this series goes.

Yuu is really surprisingly cool for a geek
I mean he's throwning into a enviroment any young man would be anxious/weary or find daunting about and especially under certain circumstances surrounding some of the girls.
He doesn't freak out like other male teachers from other series you see, instead he uses his brain and keeps his cool pretty well.
As socially awkward as he may be or seem, he does pretty well at fitting in.
On etiny moment that I think comes across really well is when Aoi asks about a notebook and he causally explains it.
It's good to know and see a Male lead that has the brains and doesn't end up a wimpering idiot when it comes to the opposite sex and use that grey matter.

Now for fanboy shipping, I'm all aboard the Haruka X Yuu ship, it's gotta happen!
I don't have anything aginst Aoi but she doesn't interest me as much as Haruka.
Saying that I'd love to see Toono and Kayo get involved, that would be great cause it's a pity that the 2 dark haired beauties are left out
But then I guess that would end up being a harem of sorts and actually I'm very content with this being a love triangle.
But then I always love seeing other girls thrown into the mix to spice it up and provide them cute little jealous moments from another girl and I'd loved to see a jealous Haruka.
I think the female teacher would be good source of jealously for the other girls

Looking forward to whats to come, do we get a confession from Haruka? How will Yuu handle that? what kinda melodrama/drama will we get?!

......the wait is gonna be killer
Old 2011-10-18, 09:02   Link #18
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Now for fanboy shipping, I'm all aboard the Haruka X Yuu ship, it's gotta happen!
I don't have anything aginst Aoi but she doesn't interest me as much as Haruka.
Saying that I'd love to see Toono and Kayo get involved, that would be great cause it's a pity that the 2 dark haired beauties are left out
But then I guess that would end up being a harem of sorts and actually I'm very content with this being a love triangle.
But then I always love seeing other girls thrown into the mix to spice it up and provide them cute little jealous moments from another girl and I'd loved to see a jealous Haruka.
I think the female teacher would be good source of jealously for the other girls

Looking forward to whats to come, do we get a confession from Haruka? How will Yuu handle that? what kinda melodrama/drama will we get?!

......the wait is gonna be killer
The wait has been killer ever since the start of the series, damn quarterly magazines.

Also surprisingly enough I think that Yuu will manage to not get with either of them. Right now it just doesn't seem like he has interests in doing anything with any of the girls and I think the series might go more along the lines of him helping them out like seen in chapter 5 or how he's trying to help Aoi out. I'm really curious about what Aoi's problem is. Is it her family life?

Old 2011-10-18, 10:03   Link #19
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The wait has been killer ever since the start of the series, damn quarterly magazines.

Also surprisingly enough I think that Yuu will manage to not get with either of them. Right now it just doesn't seem like he has interests in doing anything with any of the girls and I think the series might go more along the lines of him helping them out like seen in chapter 5 or how he's trying to help Aoi out. I'm really curious about what Aoi's problem is. Is it her family life?
Part of me thinks that Yuu won't or at least try not to get involved, I think it will be played that he's smart enough to not get involved with his students but in the end will anyway(I always forget that he is only a few years older and that plays in favor of him getting with someone)
Altho whether or not he gets together with either or any I do think is still up in the air, could just go as you say and him helping the girls out but obviously I'm hoping for something
I think the student/teacher thing will be a big obstacle to overcome or at least provide the juciy drama.

On the note about Aoi, I forgot to add ot my previous post.
Even tho I said she isn't of much interest, thats just in comparison to Haruka but towards the sotry I think she will add quite abit.
I do like the little inner thoughts we got in ch5, her odd fascination with Yuu but also her complex towards him.
And then there is her family background as well, which hopefully should add to it all.
If I had to say I could see this very well ending with Yuu X Aoi but tbh I don't want that, even if I'd be fine with it.

Also seems we do have a sorta Yuu fascination going on
Old 2011-10-18, 10:18   Link #20
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

ah, some taboo relationship between teacher and student. Delicious!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character development, romance, seinen, shounen