AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-08-06, 11:57   Link #3461
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That and the fact the opposing AA is not really high.
The moment you get more AA capable enemy ships, the ryuusei efficiency plummets like hell and your bauxite drops a lot.

That's also why you barely consume any bauxite in spring E5, because the only attacking planes are usually Suisei 12 or the Type 62.
Old 2014-08-06, 12:57   Link #3462
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I've never actually tried to confirm this in say PVP where you got 100+AA ships. I do remember sucking up several hundred baux killing a Yamato before come to think of it. If Midway features this sort of lineup at every node, I would expect to lose more than a thousand per run...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 13:06   Link #3463
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ You can't lose over a thousand bauxite per run. That's like 200 planes (more than 2 units of Kaga) worth of bauxite and there's no way you'd lose that many if you're not being stupid and load your CVs with 0 air power.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 14:52   Link #3464
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, that's never happened, but we've never had to field multiple CVs and we've never had multiple enemies with more than 100AA. It's pretty much just pessimism at work. No enemy use things similar to sanshikidan yet...
and yes, I distinctly remember losing a good chuck of baux against that one Yamato thanks to her sanshikidan. Swore off of using CVs against any BB in PVP ever since.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-08-06, 14:57   Link #3465
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ Oh you can still use CV. Just load their smallest slot with dive bombers and 15.5cm / Saiun in every other slots and she'll do nice damage against BBs and CVs alike, and won't cost you more bauxite than the smallest slot is worth. Unless ofc you want to fight for air power which I wouldn't bother if the opponent has Kaga/CV combo or 3+CVs.
Old 2014-08-06, 15:14   Link #3466
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I usually strip the CV of everything and stuff'em with 15.5 and the Saiun. It's just easier to have them level at 3-2A or 5-4A.

Old 2014-08-06, 16:12   Link #3467
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
75% win rate for sorties, 5 free dorm slots, and 20 free equipment slots. Oh and to be on the safe side log in to DMM too/refresh API.
The first and third requirements are unproblematic, I don't think anybody should have a problem with them.
For the second, I have exactly 5 slots left. Generally I've been thinking whether to buy additional slots, is it worth it, or should I get rid of ships I don't really use?
Old 2014-08-06, 16:15   Link #3468
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Let's be simple: there are currently 135 unique ships (59 DD, 18 CL, 3 CLT, 18 CA(V), 13 BB(V), 16 CV(L), 6SS, 2 special), and that's not counting their alternative/non kai versions (Chito/Chiyo Sisters, Taigei).
That means you need to get rid of more than 40 of your ships if you want to have an eligible state for an event, and that's considering 1) you have no duplicate 2) you will scrap new ships you've got 3) you won't have space for modernization fodder

Even if you keep only 21 DD (6 special + 15 for expeditions), you aren't going anywhere unless you do major cuts.

Simply put, you are going to pay for extra slots sooner or later, or you are going to get rid of a LOT of ships, including potential kai ni.
Old 2014-08-06, 16:20   Link #3469
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
^ You can't lose over a thousand bauxite per run. That's like 200 planes (more than 2 units of Kaga) worth of bauxite and there's no way you'd lose that many if you're not being stupid and load your CVs with 0 air power.
...or when you load your team with 4 CLV, full with blue planes ro farm 3-2a, and accidentalky pressed continue (and then click on formation) after first node...

500 bauxite worth of mistake, think i done it twice in the past
Old 2014-08-06, 16:27   Link #3470
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^ ...but why would you click on formation, the horror!
Old 2014-08-06, 17:35   Link #3471
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
^ ...but why would you click on formation, the horror!
^ This. You realize if you close the page before selecting formation, you can skip the battle right?
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 18:27   Link #3472
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Watching anime while i was grinding. Forgot and thought i was subcheesing 2-3.

They all were fatigued too....
Old 2014-08-06, 21:16   Link #3473
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
One day to go, and with that splurge on Sanshikidan the other day, I'm down to 26k ammo. That's not much of a buffer, but RNG willing, should get through the first three maps. The problem of course, is if it turns out that the AI segment will have more than that so... All that can be done now is hope and continue stockpiling. Given how I'll likely wait out the first three days though, I should have gotten over 30k by then, then I'll jump into the event proper as I did with the Anniversary.

At this point though, all I can say is for all of those participating, good luck. I doubt Klash or Lantern will have trouble, with their line-ups and resources, but for the rest of us, ah, well don't sweat it too much.
Old 2014-08-06, 23:45   Link #3474
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Hmm if the support shelling (for boss and earlier node) using red planes, then that means we won't need as many blue planes?

I should discharge all my Tenzan squad then (at high there were 17 of them. But slowly been replaced by Ruyuusei and Ryuusei Kai now only 6 left)
Old 2014-08-06, 23:57   Link #3475
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I've stockpiled like I've never had before. I guess it's time to open up the coffers and see if it's enough.
I think that I would rather put blue planes in. Any chance of taking out a DD or two in the opening bombardment would increase the odds of beating the boss.

Old 2014-08-07, 00:11   Link #3476
demino_hellsin
That one guy

even when not ready for it. Would you guys recommend doing events? Or is it one of those resource draining wastelands that leave you with nothing if you're not good enough?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 03:07   Link #3477
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
even when not ready for it. Would you guys recommend doing events? Or is it one of those resource draining wastelands that leave you with nothing if you're not good enough?
You have to try it yourself to see if it works for you. That is the beauty of Kancolle, there is no set formula, and we simply can't tell what gonna happen

For example back when i started the game and haven't even cleared 3-2 and don't even know about double hit set up yet, I still could do up to 3rd map (E-3). But for the event after that, I ended up stuck in E-2 for a whole day and burnt a bunch of resources.

It's all depend on the nature of the event, and do you have equipment or ships (or luck) to do it
Old 2014-08-07, 06:44   Link #3478
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Hello Oyodo.
Old 2014-08-07, 06:56   Link #3479
demino_hellsin
That one guy

ermagerd. ASW ship? Light Cruiser then?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 06:57   Link #3480
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Ooyodo was a light cruiser, yes. See here.

First and last of her class, she met her end literally close to the port she was constructed in -- Kure, and in shallow enough waters at that.

Edit Edit: Mission briefing start!

Quote:
「艦これ」夏イベント:期間限定海域に挑む予定の提督の皆さんへ、夏イベの先行情報をこれよりお届けします 。

期間限定海域で展開される作戦は、
二正面二段階作戦となる【AL作戦 / MI作戦】です。

それぞれの作戦に投入した艦娘は、他の作戦への投入はできません。艦隊戦力の配分、温存にもどうかご留意く ださい。
※例えば、AL作戦に投入した艦娘は、MI作戦に投入できません。
※同じ艦名でも別の艦は、それぞれ運用できます。
※装備は、各作戦で共有して運用できます。

同作戦開始直後、まず【AL作戦】が発動されます。
【AL作戦】は、
『北方AL海域へ進出せよ!』
『陽動作戦!北方港湾を叩け!』
より構成されます。

【AL作戦】を完遂することで、新艦娘…
白露型駆逐艦「春雨」
大淀型軽巡洋艦「大淀」
などの入手が可能です。
また、これまでのイベントで登場した艦娘との邂逅チャンスもあります。着任されてあまり月日のたっていない 提督は、ぜひ【AL作戦】完遂を目標として頂ければ幸いです
Welp, the tweet's just confirming what we already know. Oh, and Shiratsuyu-class Harusame and CL Ooyodo will be the ones to get for the AL segment.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-08-07 at 08:32.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls