AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-03-19, 16:47   Link #201
Ero-Senn1n

There's just one thing that i don't like about this chapter, and maybe i can generalize to the whole manga. I'm not a feminist or something like that, on the contrary, but i have a problem with the manga: why are some girls/mothers almost never mentioned, not only they play no role in the plot but they aren't even mentioned when they definitely should be. In this chapter Naruto never asks about his mother, it's ok that he is happy about his father, but just like in the case of many other ninja it feels as if the characters don't even care about their mother. The same thing with Kakashi: mother and Rin were never mentioned. And so on with many other ninja. Whenever a mother plays some important role in the story she is already dead and is presented in half or at most one manga page. I hoped that at least Kushina will be an exception and we will get some information/story, but we won't get info right now, maybe in the future.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:50   Link #202
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Manga Chapters arent Books.... No offense. but I am sure something will occur when this is over when he will look at Tsunade and others and ask why he wasnt told or/and about both parents history.
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:50   Link #203
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
That and Madara is starting to be found out, although Sasuke shouldve known Madara was twisting the truth to suit his own ends immediatly when he claimed that he and the Uchiha didnt control the Kyubi, yet the Kyubi knows Madara by name and Sasuke witnessed that.
But Sasuke is a hormonal dumbass, so Ill forget that.
Since when did Sasuke care so much about who was behind that attack? Last I read, his main goal is to kill whoever is responsible for giving “that order”. How do you even know hes not keeping the kyuubi mentioning Madaras name in mind? Didn’t he say he was attempting to use akatsuki? He already knows about “the price you pay for controlling the nine tailed beast”. When was it said that the rest of the Uchiha clan controlled the kyuubi with madara? How is he of all people a “hormonal dumbass”? What the hell, really?
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:54   Link #204
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Chapter looks interesting thus far, It's nice to see a reappearance from Minato despite many people's gripes with him showing up.
Old 2009-03-19, 16:55   Link #205
Nosauz

I'm guessing that kishi grew up in a patriarchal society, and so his values stem from that. Even if the mother was the inforcer, for many families during that era, the father was still the head of the house even if he wasn't home. I remember using my mom as a way to sway my father into letting me do things that if I were to ask directly would warrant a no. I guess also it realy inflates the cast, Narutoverse is not small at all, and I think since Yondaime/Minato is an already established character that is already quite popular with fans, it doesn't make sense if in the alloted one chapter you divide the time to show a character that is already rarley shown split it with a lesser known character. I really don't think he writes the stories in sexist way, you have strong women in the series, its just introducing characters that you don't plan on developing can only confuse the audience especially with a work that spans for this long.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 16:55   Link #206
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
If you want to go that way, Emperor Jimmu (the first Emperor of Japan) is supposed to be the grandson of the grandson of the son of Amaterasu...
<pray for it not to happen> (but then, Japan has a long history of internal strife and even had eras when the Emperor was powerless, so the Emperor isn't exactly the best example of a peace keeper)
I was actually thinking more of Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi (with a little less subjugation ), but if Sasuke becomes emperor, then Emperor Jimmu could be an adequate example.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:03   Link #207
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I was actually thinking more of Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi (with a little less subjugation ), but if Sasuke becomes emperor, then Emperor Jimmu could be an adequate example.
Well, he unified China, but civil war broke out not even 3 years after his death "and everything that worked for the First Emperor had crumbled away within a short period" (quoting wikipedia. History of China is not taught in my country and I didn't know anything about him)
Not a very good example either. Anyways, we are getting offtopic.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:05   Link #208
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post
Since when did Sasuke care so much about who was behind that attack? Last I read, his main goal is to kill whoever is responsible for giving “that order”. How do you even know hes not keeping the kyuubi mentioning Madaras name in mind? Didn’t he say he was attempting to use akatsuki? He already knows about “the price you pay for controlling the nine tailed beast”. How is he of all people a “hormonal dumbass”? What the hell, really?

Hes not , thats where the dumbass part comes from. The hormonal part comes from that even if hes remembering what the kyubi said, but he is not attempting to go after the guy who began the chain of events, he is totally hormonal, I mean, priority number one should be to destroy the roots of the problem first and then do his vengeance on Konoha thing afterwards if he feels so inclined. But he is simply taking the "feel good" approach and just going after the percieved direct cause without regards to the other problems that Madara has/will cause if he acts on his behalf, even if he plans to betray him in the future.

But in anycase, that is the reason I would say that.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:08   Link #209
El_Negro
Smurfee

^^ That and u guys just plain & simple hate sasuke's guts and hope naruto beats the shit outta him
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:12   Link #210
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Hes not , thats where the dumbass part comes from. The hormonal part comes from that even if hes remembering what the kyubi said, but he is not attempting to go after the guy who began the chain of events, he is totally hormonal, I mean, priority number one should be to destroy the roots of the problem first and then do his vengeance on Konoha thing afterwards if he feels so inclined. But he is simply taking the "feel good" approach and just going after the percieved direct cause without regards to the other problems that Madara has/will cause if he acts on his behalf, even if he plans to betray him in the future.

But in anycase, that is the reason I would say that.
Haha Sasuke kick Madara's ass!!! I'd pay to see that. Sasuke is still light-years ahead against a SHARINGAN MASTER!!!

so far we don't even know what's in his head, who knows, he could be going for easy targets such as silently dispatching the elders after getting the necessary info and then deal with Madara for last (after all why join a man who aided your brother in slaughtering your clan!??? after all Madara could've killed his parents not itachi) so far we don't what the hell is Sasuke's hidden agenda, after all he did state that Hawk is using Ataksuki just as much as Ataksuki is using them.

PS: Madara did tell him he & itachi were responsible for the clan's genocide after the order was given
Old 2009-03-19, 17:14   Link #211
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Well, he unified China, but civil war broke out not even 3 years after his death "and everything that worked for the First Emperor had crumbled away within a short period" (quoting wikipedia. History of China is not taught in my country and I didn't know anything about him)
Not a very good example either. Anyways, we are getting offtopic.
LOL, I did not know that. I only remener him for being the first Chinese Emperor and for building the first roads as well as the Great Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Negro View Post
^^ That and u guys just plain & simple hate sasuke's guts and hope naruto beats the shit outta him
You don't have to hate Sasuke to hope that Naruto beats the shit out of him .
Old 2009-03-19, 17:15   Link #212
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Old 2009-03-19, 17:16   Link #213
El_Negro
Smurfee

^^ I doubt they'll fight, that might just be a halfway fight cuz Naruto gotta tell him the truth, the choice is up for sasuke to believe or not. I doubt a spiritual witness such as Naruto dad could tell him personally, Naruto's gonna need Konoha History 101
Old 2009-03-19, 17:17   Link #214
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Like i though after Yondaime's speech , Naruto go back in normal and power up .
Average chapter .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:34   Link #215
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I dont dislike Sasuke, but after the things with his bro and then his new angle with regards to Konoha, the attitude just got stale, up to that point I wouldve defended him.

Quote:
Haha Sasuke kick Madara's ass!!! I'd pay to see that. Sasuke is still light-years ahead against [B]a SHARINGAN MASTER
I suggested Sasuke might intend to betray him, but I never said Sasuke wouldnt get ownt in the process.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:37   Link #216
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Bummer. I was expecting Minato to unlock some hax ability of the seal, or give some kind of power to Naruto, or something like that. But in the end, all he did was put Kyuubi back in its cage... Only Sasuke gets the free power ups...
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:53   Link #217
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Bummer. I was expecting Minato to unlock some hax ability of the seal, or give some kind of power to Naruto, or something like that. But in the end, all he did was put Kyuubi back in its cage... Only Sasuke gets the free power ups...
Senjutsu is probably the most haxx ability in the entire series (it heals, it gives Naruto an unknown/non-observable chakra supply, it gives him extra strength, extra speed, et cetera, et cetera). About the only problem with Senjutsu is the fact that it has a time limit, but adequate planning gets rid of said time limit.
Old 2009-03-19, 17:56   Link #218
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I don't get why he only sealed one half of the kyubi. Even that wasn't properly explained
Perhaps someone here knows the answer for that.
As i understood it the 4th will never come back and it is the last time he could restore the kyubi seal.
If only half of the kyubi is inside naruto does that mean that the kyubi is only half that powerfull than he was before? How was Killerbees sealing done? Has he only half of the eight tails inside him too?(i doubt that)

IMO killerbee will be narutos final teacher after that there will be probably no one who could teach him anything.
Old 2009-03-19, 18:04   Link #219
kakakka

Quote:
killerbee will be narutos final teacher after that there will be probably no one who could teach him anything.
TBH, I'll be looking forward to that day...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 18:06   Link #220
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
There's just one thing that i don't like about this chapter, and maybe i can generalize to the whole manga. I'm not a feminist or something like that, on the contrary, but i have a problem with the manga: why are some girls/mothers almost never mentioned, not only they play no role in the plot but they aren't even mentioned when they definitely should be. In this chapter Naruto never asks about his mother, it's ok that he is happy about his father, but just like in the case of many other ninja it feels as if the characters don't even care about their mother. The same thing with Kakashi: mother and Rin were never mentioned. And so on with many other ninja. Whenever a mother plays some important role in the story she is already dead and is presented in half or at most one manga page. I hoped that at least Kushina will be an exception and we will get some information/story, but we won't get info right now, maybe in the future.
You could say the same about Kiba's father, we just don't know much about the families of any character. In this case Naruto didn't have a lot of time to ask questions, his first one was understandably about the Kyuubi and after that Yondaime gave his speech and then ran out of time.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote