AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-19, 07:08   Link #2041
Johnny
Working the bags...

He wouldn't be completely isolated in Tokyo. His sister is there and we all seen how she uses him as a maid/cook when she was at home. Plus I think we'll be seeing more of our conniving vixen, Rin as well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 07:33   Link #2042
ZeKeR
Superbad

Well this will get interesting.... Im pretty sure Eba will let him look like a total loser going to Tokyo and all
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 07:45   Link #2043
van.Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Let's just assume for a moment that he's wrong. He'd then be stuck in Tokyo for at least half a year, isolated and frustrated.

Whoever transfers in such a situation without even SEEING her first is a first-class tard. Sorry. (IMHO he should have visited her in person a month ago, but that's another story)
In one of the former chapters, it was mentioned after the breakup Haruto even traveled to Tokyo to try to meet Eba in person. This is his last chance to contact her.
van.Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 08:02   Link #2044
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
He wouldn't be completely isolated in Tokyo. His sister is there and we all seen how she uses him as a maid/cook when she was at home. Plus I think we'll be seeing more of our conniving vixen, Rin as well...
i'm really looking forward to see his sister again, she's always been a good guide for him and beside that she's not too bad in the eye-candy department either
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 08:23   Link #2045
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Talk about a very naive and risky decision ^_^

Why the heck doesn't he visit her in person first to see? Transferring there is such a ridiculously risky thing to do...

My my my
He's mentioned before that he wants to go to Tokyo anyway. I think he said definitely for university? So, really, he's just going a bit earlier than previously planned.

But I kind of groaned at the last couple pages. I am not looking forward to seeing the story dragged out even more than it already has been. Though I think part of the problem is the weekly 18 pages. I tend to prefer biweekly or monthly 40 pages, I guess, because the weekly 18 feels like it's a constant cliffhanger that never has any resolution at all.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 08:28   Link #2046
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa. Didn't see that one coming. Good stuff.

• I think this could give new life to the series. A few new characters, new school, stuff like that.

• Guess we were wrong for thinking Yuzuki would show up for the Summer festival.

• That determined face is going to get over used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Epic turn of events but it seems that Kanzaki fans are inflamed over this
Yeah, it's a real bummer. She was doing so well too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Hmm, I'm sure it was mentioned before about Haruto transferring to Tokyo. I don't remember if it was the next semester or when he goes to college, but I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere before. I suppose we can safely assume he'll be transferring at the same school Eba attends?
He said that he'd go after high school, not in the middle of the year.

Quote:
Let's just assume for a moment that he's wrong. He'd then be stuck in Tokyo for at least half a year, isolated and frustrated.

Whoever transfers in such a situation without even SEEING her first is a first-class tard. Sorry. (IMHO he should have visited her in person a month ago, but that's another story)
Yeah, it's a pretty rash decision. I hope he goes to a different school at least, but it's not like he's going to fail. We know what the outcome is going to be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Yes! More Rin! That is good news right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
i'm really looking forward to see his sister again, she's always been a good guide for him and beside that she's not too bad in the eye-candy department either
That is for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
But I kind of groaned at the last couple pages. I am not looking forward to seeing the story dragged out even more than it already has been. Though I think part of the problem is the weekly 18 pages. I tend to prefer biweekly or monthly 40 pages, I guess, because the weekly 18 feels like it's a constant cliffhanger that never has any resolution at all.
Agreed. It certainly does feel like that right now. But not all of the chapters end like this. Besides, when you watch a TV show there is often a mini-cliffhanger before most commercials, lol.
Old 2010-01-19, 14:41   Link #2047
HF2008

I believe at the time the letter was written, it was true that Eba did not have a boyfriend. However, the question is now, is this still the truth? Haruto wasted time.
HF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 16:57   Link #2048
Noblesse

im just wondering if we could see a cameo of yamato and suzuka in the later chapters
Noblesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 17:51   Link #2049
H23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse View Post
im just wondering if we could see a cameo of yamato and suzuka in the later chapters
Well, the stage for that is pretty much set up already... I'm sure we'll see them.. along with their kids
Old 2010-01-19, 20:36   Link #2050
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse View Post
I was thinking about this before. I think timeline wise...
Spoiler for Suzuka:
Use spoiler tags for Suzuka. Some people may not have read it yet. I read this series before Suzuka, so yeah.
Old 2010-01-20, 00:48   Link #2051
velvet nightmare

i really really hope the story doesn't continue permanently in tokyo. if it did, it would take away from the meaning of the title and the whole atmosphere that makes up half of the characters.

in any case, i can't really predict where the story is headed, could be good/bad, not sure. but i have a feeling kanzaki is done for a long time, if haruto does end up coming back and going for her, it'd be a pretty shitty ending/result. though she really must like him a lot to consider herself an 'option'. feels kind of demeaning lol
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 01:55   Link #2052
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I was thinking about this before. I think timeline wise...
Spoiler for Suzuka:
Spoiler for Suzuka:
Old 2010-01-20, 02:52   Link #2053
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
i really really hope the story doesn't continue permanently in tokyo. if it did, it would take away from the meaning of the title and the whole atmosphere that makes up half of the characters.
not necessarily. Kimi no Iru Machi translate to 'The Town Where You Live'. The beginning of the manga had Yuzuki coming to where Haruto lived but now it is the opposite with Haruto going to where Yuzuki lives. Things have just been reversed. So the title still applies to this situation.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 03:21   Link #2054
jzmagic
flargansbog

LOL Just thought, what if Haruto turned out to be that "other guy" that dates Honoka somewhere in Tokyo, you know the one that causes Yammato to cry.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 08:45   Link #2055
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
Well, it doesn't have to be permanent, but it would make for a nice change for a while.

Quote:
in any case, i can't really predict where the story is headed, could be good/bad, not sure. but i have a feeling kanzaki is done for a long time, if haruto does end up coming back and going for her, it'd be a pretty shitty ending/result. though she really must like him a lot to consider herself an 'option'. feels kind of demeaning lol
Yeah. Nanami end is pretty much null now. I do feel bad for her. I hope she doesn't wait too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
Spoiler for Suzuka:
Spoiler for Suzuka:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
not necessarily. Kimi no Iru Machi translate to 'The Town Where You Live'. The beginning of the manga had Yuzuki coming to where Haruto lived but now it is the opposite with Haruto going to where Yuzuki lives. Things have just been reversed. So the title still applies to this situation.
Exactly. It would make a lot of sense if that were to happen too. It's good that the title in general like not and not specific, like Suzuka. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
LOL Just thought, what if Haruto turned out to be that "other guy" that dates Honoka somewhere in Tokyo, you know the one that causes Yammato to cry.
That would be awesome. Except the guy she dates worked with her, so that won't happen.

EDIT: Does anyone remember what chapters of Suzuka were referenced in KnIM? I am trying to get a timeline comparison, but am having no luck. There are so many chapters.
Spoiler for Suzuka:

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-01-20 at 13:53.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:33   Link #2056
justavisitor

finally able to read the latest chapter...it's like reading detective manga and the main hero keeps picking up the hints that readers have forgotten about (who would have remembered those dialogue from Eba anyway!!! )

And..hmm clever move by Seo...now he can basically start all over again for the next n chapters ..now I only wonder is Haruto at the same age of Yamato's cousin....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2010-01-21 at 11:50.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 00:46   Link #2057
H23

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
..now I only wonder is Haruto at the same aga of Yamato's cousin....
Good point again!... Man Seo can make so many cameo connections from Suzuka in the upcoming arc for this manga, lets hope he utilizes them!
Old 2010-01-21, 08:07   Link #2058
ZeKeR
Superbad

The crossing over of characters from his previous works.... a very nice but sadly RARELY used concept..... we MIGHT see someone in Suzuka there
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 12:24   Link #2059
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
The crossing over of characters from his previous works.... a very nice but sadly RARELY used concept..... we MIGHT see someone in Suzuka there
thats very true n' all very few cross overs happen but the fact it's kinda happened here before we stand a good chance of it happening again, not that I'm bothered about it in anyway.
I'm just wanting to find out the reason behind the letter, can only hope theres no beating around the bush about it all.
Old 2010-01-21, 15:14   Link #2060
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I don't really care about seeing other characters from Suzuka. Sure, it'll be fun, but it's not a big deal.

I hope that Yuzuki goes to the same school as Yamato, Suzuka, and the rest did though. Seeing Yuzuki in the same uniform...I'll be set.

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life