AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2013-02-09, 15:41   Link #21
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I recently encountered some "nightcore" songs and didn't mind it, but I wasn't aware that it was its own genre. Are there any original nightcore mixes, or are they all just pitch-shifted and/or tempo-modified versions of songs?
Old 2013-02-09, 15:54   Link #22
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I recently encountered some "nightcore" songs and didn't mind it, but I wasn't aware that it was its own genre. Are there any original nightcore mixes, or are they all just pitch-shifted and/or tempo-modified versions of songs?
Nightcore is nothing official, it is a more or less Fanmade genre.
Because of that, it isn't written anywhere what kind of music it is, leading to many misunderstandings.

However, Nightcore itself is not something original, it is a style of an edited song who's Pitch and Tempo are risen as well as possible Bass-line.

I strongly suggest you to check out a site called Nightcore Universe for more information about it. :)
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 15:55   Link #23
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
It was kind of funny how a little over a year ago, those two announced they were making a comeback. I was pretty excited, but they've only made 2 (3?) songs since... All good stuff though, just was expecting more.
Same here, was kind of a let down. :)
Old 2013-02-09, 15:57   Link #24
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Yes, How did I miss this thread.
I absolutely adore Nightcore.

I remember my VERY first nightcore I listened to was Moonlight Shadow / Butterfly.

When I listen or hear those I get an blast from the past.
Yeah, I like the Butterfly too, would like to suggest a UK Hardcore edit of it as well by S3RL:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-09, 16:05   Link #25
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Nightcore is nothing official, it is a more or less Fanmade genre.
Because of that, it isn't written anywhere what kind of music it is, leading to many misunderstandings.

However, Nightcore itself is not something original, it is a style of an edited song who's Pitch and Tempo are risen as well as possible Bass-line.

I strongly suggest you to check out a site called Nightcore Universe for more information about it.
I see, thanks for the clarification.
Old 2013-02-09, 16:13   Link #26
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
I see, thanks for the clarification.
You are very welcome. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to share my first Nightcore I ever listened to.
I still think it is an amazing one.

Nightcore - Stamp on the Ground

YouTube
Old 2013-03-05, 11:32   Link #27
Haiprbim
Banned

I've requested a title change of the thread from Nightcore to Nightcore Discussion & Sharing Thread.
I think it truly shows the point of this thread now, hope you guys like it!

Also, here is some awesome Nightcore for you:
YouTube
Old 2013-03-05, 19:38   Link #28
Kreceir

YouTube
YouTube

good old classic what is still left from my playlist I made in 2006 in youtube that didn't get removed.

I subscribed to a LOT of people back then that regularly updated Nightcore, but since Youtube got bought by Google the channels slowly disappeared.
Including the channels that had one of my favourites Eurodance / Nightcore.
Old 2013-03-06, 00:43   Link #29
Haiprbim
Banned

Yeah, you must carefully observe what music usually gets taken down and what doesn't.
A website called Nightcore Universe has a special thread for that in which the community members help each other out on what songs get removed massively and are not safe to upload.

Thanks on sharing!
Old 2013-03-06, 20:25   Link #30
Ledgem
Love Yourself

For the sake of discussion, I'll remark that I've encountered a few more Nightcore mixes since my initial posts. I encountered some that were made from songs that I've heard before, and that slanted my opinion against Nightcore. I'm a fan of original remixes, but when I know what the original song sounds like then the Nightcore shifts are very apparent and sound somewhat cheap. If I don't know the original song then many Nightcore modifications sound pleasing, but I'd imagine that if I heard the original then my opinion of those would change, too. Is that how it is for most people, or do people find that they prefer the Nightcore mixes over the originals?
Old 2013-03-07, 06:02   Link #31
Kreceir

{My English is Horrid I'm sorry.}
About that, Sometimes I think the originals are better then the Nightcore mix since the lyrics and the original pacing of the song just makes it rather weird to listen to if you compare them.

Usually I tend to listen to the Nightcore version first if I know that their is an original version of it, and I tend to like the Nightcore version more.

I'm hope that make sense... If not I'll think about it again so I can give you an better Reply.

YouTube
Old 2013-03-07, 08:28   Link #32
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
For the sake of discussion, I'll remark that I've encountered a few more Nightcore mixes since my initial posts. I encountered some that were made from songs that I've heard before, and that slanted my opinion against Nightcore. I'm a fan of original remixes, but when I know what the original song sounds like then the Nightcore shifts are very apparent and sound somewhat cheap. If I don't know the original song then many Nightcore modifications sound pleasing, but I'd imagine that if I heard the original then my opinion of those would change, too. Is that how it is for most people, or do people find that they prefer the Nightcore mixes over the originals?
For me personally, Nightcore is not cheap, but that only goes for true Nightcore.
As said in the first post, those are edits of Trance/Dance/Techno songs with vocals, making the beat faster and more lively, as well as the pitched sounds making it cuter.
Now, many other genres are titled "Nightcore" over YouTube as well, such as Rock, Pop, and so on, but those are not Nightcores, but Speed Edits and truly do sound cheap.
Old 2013-03-07, 08:31   Link #33
Kreceir

I agree that ''rock and pop'' songs sped up and named with that title ''Nightcore'' is cheap.
I don't like those at all.
Old 2013-03-07, 08:35   Link #34
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
{My English is Horrid I'm sorry.}
About that, Sometimes I think the originals are better then the Nightcore mix since the lyrics and the original pacing of the song just makes it rather weird to listen to if you compare them.

Usually I tend to listen to the Nightcore version first if I know that their is an original version of it, and I tend to like the Nightcore version more.

I'm hope that make sense... If not I'll think about it again so I can give you an better Reply.

YouTube
This is an example for the last post I made.
That song is not an original Moonlight Shadow but Italobrothers' Remix and they changed it's genre into Dance, so that it is a Nightcore and I personally think it sounds better than the original. The original from Italobrothers is too slow now, hehe.
Old 2013-03-07, 08:42   Link #35
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
I agree that ''rock and pop'' songs sped up and named with that title ''Nightcore'' is cheap.
I don't like those at all.
Yeah, that just shows how little people know or just want to stand out while giving wrong information.
I was also shocked to see all the inaccurate explanations at the urban dictionary about "Nightcore".

Really, if you want to to know what Nightcore is exactly, I suggest you to check out a site called Nightcore Universe. A thread made by Kirby there explains it wonderfully.

Just a sec, I'll post a link to it, purely to let people read the explanation.
Update: Here it is: http://www.nightcoreuniverse.net/vie...php?f=17&t=930
Old 2013-03-16, 08:30   Link #36
Haiprbim
Banned

I have updated the first post a little, adding the link to the full explanation of What is Nightcore?

Nightcore - Every Time We Touch (Cash Cash Remix)
YouTube
Old 2013-03-17, 07:55   Link #37
Hoaviet

I quite liked
"Angel of Darkness" nightcore song, very catchy.

Angel of Darkness Angel of Darkness duem dah blah something catchy

I wonder what PON PON (I think thats what it's called) would sound like in nightcore.
http://youtu.be/jAPBQLTNtFE

Someone bet me to it. (hmm how do you add that youtube viewer thing)
Old 2013-03-17, 08:28   Link #38
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoaviet View Post
I quite liked
"Angel of Darkness" nightcore song, very catchy.

Angel of Darkness Angel of Darkness duem dah blah something catchy

I wonder what PON PON (I think thats what it's called) would sound like in nightcore.
http://youtu.be/jAPBQLTNtFE

Someone bet me to it. (hmm how do you add that youtube viewer thing)
Angel of Darkness cannot be Nightcored, but only Speed Edited.
Meanwhile, PONPONPON can be Nightcore and as we can see, it already was. :)

As for the YouTube video inserting, you have to put in (yt)URL/Link to the video(/yt).
The (yt) and (/yt) must be in square brackets though. [yt] and [/yt]
Give it a try. :)
Old 2013-03-21, 14:18   Link #39
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Would you be allowed to alter anything about the song other than speed an pitch and still call it nightcore?

I'm asking, because there seem to be multiple genres that are doing something almost like it and I'm interested in how much they would intersect.

For example there is basicly a whole subgenre of 'anime songs played faster' (example artists: moro, dj sharpnel).
Sometimes these songs are heavily mixed and sampled, but in some cases it's really just the original song played faster with a new beat on top.

The timeline and outcome would suggest these styles have been influenced by either nightcore, or happy hardcore (or both?). How'd you see the relation between those two?

Edit for example of uhm... hardcorized Mitsudomoe 2 OP and original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhuVubjTD4 <- original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZu3ZCcgOCU <- with more bass oO

Last edited by Dhomochevsky; 2013-03-21 at 15:20.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 15:02   Link #40
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Would you be allowed to alter anything about the song other than speed an pitch and still call it nightcore?

I'm asking, because there seem to be multiple genres that are doing something almost like it and I'm interested in how much they would intersect.

For example there is basicly a whole subgenre of 'anime songs played faster' (example artists: moro, dj sharpnel).
Sometimes these songs are heavily mixed and sampled, but in some cases it's really just the original song played faster with a new beat on top.

The timeline and outcome would suggest these styles have been influenced by either nightcore, or happy hardcore (or both?). How'd you see the relation between those two?
Besides Pitch and Tempo, a Bass-line can be added, but it must go with the melody.
For example, giving it a Dubstep-like bass-line might change it into something close to NightStep.

Now, as far as it goes for Happy Hardcore, it is nothing like Nightcore.
While Nightcore is an edit of an existing song, Happy Hardcore is original.
Happy Hardcore is a happier, cuter addition of UK Hardcore.

Hope I cleared some things out. :)

Tags
nightcore