AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 15:17   Link #9701
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Plus, if ever there were a time to do a time-skip, it would've been this awful arc that Hata telegraphed wouldn't mean much since the movie/anime already showed aftermath of it.
Well the movie/anime showed the aftermath of part of the plot too (In regards to Nagi getting her mansion back), so I mean I don't see the difference. There's not a lot of suspense in this next arc either. How it all happens is what matters. The same goes for the doujinshi arc.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 16:16   Link #9702
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

from the title, I almost think we're having time skip... thanks God... it's Hata-sensei... no way he would do that

will the plot moved??? I'm sure Hayate's bro will have some clue to advance the story
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 16:28   Link #9703
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, you're imposing your own values regarding work ethics onto others. Believe it or not, some people have the will power to overachieve on their job not because they love it, but because it's a stepping stone to what they truly want out of their lives. That does not mean they love everything.
I agree with that. At the same time, it is still a chore that one has to do. I never got the vibe from the manga that Ruka truly felt being an idol was a chore. Had Ruka not met Hayate, I doubt she would ever have entertained the idea of quitting as an idol. But, that's just the way I saw things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
That traveling doctor sure knows many people. Now she has also stumbled across Hayate's brother in the past. Hopefully this leads to a good arc. That entire manga competition business was boring and dragged out in my opinion.
It looks like Dr. Kurosu was brought in explicitly to move certain plot threads forward or even to a conclusion, as happened with Ruka.

Quote:
Ruka, please do us a favor and take Kayura with you too.
Well, we already know that isn't happening. ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Also, I'm looking forward to the next arc if it's about finding Hayate's brother. However, unlike some people, I'm fully aware that it's likely we'll get lots of silly nonsense strips first
I thought the gag chapters would start with this one. I was surprised to get more aftermath and a touch on Hayate's brother.

Still, Hayate's brother would seem to be required to get Athena's story going again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
I've a feeling that we will get a time skip in not so distant future.
I think the only time skips will be for the CTMEOY story. Since the story in the movie covers a very short period of time, skipping that really doesn't count, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Well the movie/anime showed the aftermath of part of the plot too (In regards to Nagi getting her mansion back), so I mean I don't see the difference. There's not a lot of suspense in this next arc either. How it all happens is what matters. The same goes for the doujinshi arc.
I agree. It is the journey that's the fun part. For the doujinshi arc, I liked the journey. I didn't know for sure how Hata-sensei would pull it off and have Nagi triumph over Ruka, but the journey there was fun to me.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 17:16   Link #9704
GlassesLady
dat apple

Well, that was a nice way to close this arc. I fully expect, at the very end of this series, a distant finale/flash-forward showing how their rematch goes down. (Also, so that's where the shot of the cans was from...)

[wmg]Kurosu is Ikusa with amnesia and a sex change! ... I don't know why I thought of that. Ignore me. :P

As for the next few arcs- we know Nagi gets the mansion back, yes. But we don't know how, and more importantly we don't know what else might go down in the process. CTMEOY really only gave away the bare minimum of what happened between where the manga was and where it started.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 19:45   Link #9705
madmac

Quote:
[wmg]Kurosu is Ikusa with amnesia and a sex change! ... I don't know why I thought of that. Ignore me. :P
Nah, Ikusa's a lifeguard part time, clearly. I'd say you guys really need to read Heroes of the Sea, but it was never translated, so...(Hilarious, though.)

It was a better epilogue then I expected. I thought the "lets do this again in 10 years" thing was pretty poignant, myself. Good, low-key way to wrap up the arc, which I did think was pretty baller when it was moving.

Quote:
As for the next few arcs- we know Nagi gets the mansion back, yes. But we don't know how, and more importantly we don't know what else might go down in the process. CTMEOY really only gave away the bare minimum of what happened between where the manga was and where it started.
Exactly. The doujin competition was a bit of a give away, but we don't really know squat about what else happened from CTMEOY.

With timeskips in general, the catch-22 Hata has to deal with is that he only allotted himself a year to work with for the entire manga. Plus, like I said earlier I suspect he was intentionally stalling for a while because the summer arc was his last real chance to take an extended break before things got real again.

Time skips after Christmas are still on the table I think. (Hope, really.) Though maybe just as an extended epilogue.

Quote:
Still, Hayate's brother would seem to be required to get Athena's story going again.
The whole Ikusa subplot was not something I expected to be tackled yet, but yeah, it totally makes sense that it needs to happen to continue Athena's story. Throw in a Kings Jewel subplot so Nagi can get her inheritance back and you can make it a three-fer. Really looking forward to all this.

Last edited by madmac; 2013-11-11 at 21:26.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 15:14   Link #9706
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Nah, Ikusa's a lifeguard part time, clearly. I'd say you guys really need to read Heroes of the Sea, but it was never translated, so...(Hilarious, though.)

It was a better epilogue then I expected. I thought the "lets do this again in 10 years" thing was pretty poignant, myself. Good, low-key way to wrap up the arc, which I did think was pretty baller when it was moving.
I actually own Heroes of the Sea in japanese. Can't read a word of it, though. :P (I also have that promotional "volume 0"...)

And totally agreed. I'd use a thumbs-up emote if this forum had one. Oh, here, I can just use this

Old 2013-11-12, 18:58   Link #9707
MCAL

Of interesting note... Was re-reading Ruka's introduction arc which included the moment before A-tan reverted back to a child, and she (A-tan) does mention Hayate brother there, so there might be a connection.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-12 at 19:14.
Old 2013-11-12, 23:11   Link #9708
aldw

Not sure how true the Shiranui=Ikusa theory is atm...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 23:22   Link #9709
ices
Working Hard

^ Considering the mark, i agree with you. that was a possibility.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:34   Link #9710
GlassesLady
dat apple

It's a possibility. Remember that the ghost priest guy used to have a similar scar on his forehead, which Hata removed- supposedly because it was too hard to draw, but I think he said on his blog at some point it was because he didn't want people mistakenly associating him with an unrelated character with a similar scar. So the fact that Shiranui retains that mark may mean something...

On the other hand, perhaps Hata thinks even HnG's fandom isn't silly enough to draw a connection between a cat and a person like that. :P I suppose time will tell.

Old 2013-11-13, 12:54   Link #9711
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
It's a possibility. Remember that the ghost priest guy used to have a similar scar on his forehead, which Hata removed- supposedly because it was too hard to draw, but I think he said on his blog at some point it was because he didn't want people mistakenly associating him with an unrelated character with a similar scar. So the fact that Shiranui retains that mark may mean something...

On the other hand, perhaps Hata thinks even HnG's fandom isn't silly enough to draw a connection between a cat and a person like that. :P I suppose time will tell.
Woah... If that was the case, then the possibility that Ikusa = Shiranui is pretty high. I wonder whether this phenomena related to the king jewels. If A-tan could become a kid then Ikusa becomes a cat isn't strange, right?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 18:43   Link #9712
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Woah... If that was the case, then the possibility that Ikusa = Shiranui is pretty high. I wonder whether this phenomena related to the king jewels. If A-tan could become a kid then Ikusa becomes a cat isn't strange, right?
Well, like I said right below that, it may mean nothing at all. But you have a good point that there's precedent (sort of) for this.

Old 2013-11-13, 19:33   Link #9713
madmac

On the other hand, it's unlikely Kurosu could have met Ikusa recently if he's been a kitten all this time.
Old 2013-11-13, 21:37   Link #9714
GlassesLady
dat apple

That would depend on how recently Kurosu met Ikusa, though. It may seem like many many years, but in HnG time, it's only been a couple months since Shiranui popped up. It does rule out him turning into a kitten right after EotW, but that's unlikely anyway given that kittens tend to age and stop being kittens within a couple years. Unless he's an unaging kitten.

... This manga.

Old 2013-11-13, 22:14   Link #9715
GDB

Or she could've met him a week ago, but it was really Ikusa from 5 years ago/from now. Wouldn't be the first instance of random ass time travel, and I doubt it'll be the last.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 00:11   Link #9716
MCAL

Quote:
Or she could've met him a week ago, but it was really Ikusa from 5 years ago/from now. Wouldn't be the first instance of random ass time travel, and I doubt it'll be the last.
Wait... Where does this time travel theory come from? By this I mean I am aware time travel has happened in the story with Hayate (Radical Dreamers), but I mean in Ikusa's case...

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-14 at 00:29.
Old 2013-11-14, 07:59   Link #9717
GDB

I'm just throwing stuff out there as possibilities since someone said they had to have met a while back if Ikusa is Shiranui. Since time travel has happened before, we cannot assume that to be the case.
Old 2013-11-14, 08:44   Link #9718
madmac

I still think the Shiranui thing is a red herring. If the kitten was Ikusa, you'd expect some sort of foreshadowing or hint somewhere that he wasn't just a normal kitten other then just the scar. I can't remember the last time he appeared in the manga anyways. Ghost Cat chapters? I think Tama has gotten more attention in the last few years, and that's saying something.

I'm also rather interested to see Athena come back, in large part because in recent chapters Alice has come a long way in opening up and making friends with most of the main cast. She was super detached from everyone except Hayate in the Mykonos arc, so it could be interesting to see how much her behavior changes after having three months to get to know everyone and their...eccentricities.
Old 2013-11-14, 09:05   Link #9719
mitsuganae

I hope the upcoming stuff regarding Hayate's brother will somehow involve the secret room. That particular thread has always had me wondering . . .
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 10:24   Link #9720
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I still think the Shiranui thing is a red herring. If the kitten was Ikusa, you'd expect some sort of foreshadowing or hint somewhere that he wasn't just a normal kitten other then just the scar. I can't remember the last time he appeared in the manga anyways. Ghost Cat chapters? I think Tama has gotten more attention in the last few years, and that's saying something.
Disappearing from the manga around the time Athena showed up... perhaps that is saying something.

Also, the cat made a Keikaku Doori face. It clearly isn't a normal cat.

Tags
comedy, shounen