AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 22:22   Link #1
Falkor

Break Blade

Manga by YOSHINAGA Yunosuke, with 3 volumes (?) so far released and scanlations up to chapter 5.
I'm pretty sure nobody has already created this thread as of yet, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manga Abyss
Which to choose, the country or my friend--!? The "Continent of Cruzon", a world where people are born with magic. Lygatto, one of the rare people "without magic" in this world, is getting swallowed up in the whirlpool of a massive war. With Lygatto as the core, four close friends are connected by cruel fate in a spectacular war tale!!!

In the continent of Cruzon, an impending war between the Kingdom of Krishna and the nation of Athens is brimming. The people of this land are able to wield the crystals from the ground for whatever purpose they desire. Yet one person, Lygatto Arrow, is not. He is an "un-sorcerer", a person unable to wield the crystals. But this characteristic will enable him to pilot an ancient mecha, one strong enough to put up a fight against the invading army of Athens.
A few comments:

This is one of the very few mecha titles out there not named Gundam or Code Geass, I mean, there are very few manga titles that are mecha--strictly speaking--and Break Blade happens to be one of them. Well, to be sincere, I’m not very fond of anything mecha related, but for some strange reason, I’m really enjoying this manga--and that’s why I’m creating this thread…

The art is very clean, even if it’s not animated--and even if the manga format may not quite suit the action; the settings strongly reminded me of Escaflowne--I’m probably stretching the comparison a bit too far, but it’s just that feeling; the characters and the premise are perhaps the strongest aspects of this manga, with a protagonist who "has no powers," an impending war, and a "blurred division" between enemies and allies.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:36   Link #2
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I've read four of the scanlated five, and I can say it's quite a good series

it's the only time that I've ever seen magic and mecha intermixed as they are... shame they aren't coming out faster from the chapters

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 01:19   Link #3
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
lol I wanted to post a topic about this. And there it was a topic <3

it is one of the best mecha I read so far.

Every chapter leaves you wondering whats gonna happen next. The mangaka sure knows how to bring a cliffhanger.

I have nothing but praise for this manga. I was hesitant about reading this manga because it is mecha. I usually despise mecha, but break blade surprised me to no end. A must read for everyone I guess.

It has a relationship chart that is unique to manga/anime. Well non-h manga/anime that is.

Spoiler for my take on the unique relationship:

All I can say is that the character development is what shines in this manga.

Last edited by nadare; 2008-12-21 at 10:56.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 22:50   Link #4
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I might check this manga when there are more chapters to read but the thing that made me get interested is the spoiler in nadare's comment... you dont see that kind of triangle relationship that often in anime or mangas and certainly not one between king queen and subject...
Old 2009-06-27, 06:58   Link #5
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
If she's interested in the main character, why is she already married...? That killed it for me. It is unique but she's already sharing the same bed as the King. I don't think this one's for me.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 07:12   Link #6
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
If she's interested in the main character, why is she already married...? That killed it for me. It is unique but she's already sharing the same bed as the King. I don't think this one's for me.
Except their not sharing the same bed heck there's no signs of romantic scenes or advances between each other. Looks to me it probably was some sort of a political type marriage where they were force to marry each other eventhough they don't love each other. So far she's been sleeping in her own room by herself but now she's recently been sleeping with another girl.

Nothing is going on between the two though. heh
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 07:48   Link #7
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Wow, Mecha manga w/ mature I mean, not teenagers..lol. protagonists. To bad only a few chapters had been translated.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 12:21   Link #8
NeoSam

This manga will be getting an important announcement soon:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3201

Could it be an anime adaptation? we'll have to wait for the announcement...
Old 2009-06-27, 14:02   Link #9
Jze0
Hmmm...

If it does get an anime adaptation that would be pretty sweet considering I read the manga sometime ago and I really like it. The best part about this series is definitely the character interactions and relationships. I'm really curious how Shigwen and Hozul got married when its obvious she has a thing for Lygatto. I'm sure theres probably a good reason for it so I hope its explained soon.

I'm not sure if I heard right but is the manga licensed and if so by who? Is it already out on sale?
Old 2009-06-29, 21:33   Link #10
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

anime adaptation? Seems not enough manga material for that. I mean, nothing has been resolved in the manga at all. OVA will be good though
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:47   Link #11
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Pretty intr series so far. I've read the 3 volumes that are out so far and I'll admit that there doesn't seem to be any reason for the kings marriage to Shigwen at all. Not to mention you get the feeling that someone's lying to someone here, whether it's to Lygatto or to Zeus. One of them has been duped.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 08:33   Link #12
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

ahhh I need more of this manga...It would make for a sick show. Even if they use all anime material...I wouldn't mind.

Anime would prolly be released quicker then the scans.
Old 2009-06-30, 23:20   Link #13
Falkor

oh yes, I remember creating this thread a while ago... :P

not really sure, but I think it's already licensed, which would explain why the scanlations have been pretty much stalled.

don't think there's enough material for an anime, but it's one of those few cases you wouldn't be surprised if the announcement turns out to be true (which will make me very happy).

I think the main reason why I picked up this manga in the first place was because of the cover: girl in red cape, white boots and mini-skirt, isn't that enough of a reason? :P but what got me interested in this manga was actually the story and the slight intrigue surrounding the characters. The four used to be friends, and now they are pitied against each other for some unknown reason---this setup is just asking for something really bad to happen, but methinks there must be someone pulling the strings behind the scene.

there are not that many mecha manga out there, I mean this is probably the only one I've so far read.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 21:16   Link #14
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Anime announcement? That would be awesome. I've been enjoying it so far. Waiting on Vol 6 to be released. The question though is if the anime will be well done. The manga has some pretty detailed action scenes and a cheaply animated version of them would suck.

Also yeah, the manga is licensed by CMX. In fact, it just released yesterday in the US I think. I read their preview on their website, good translation on the whole. A little awkward in a few spots but good and close to the source material.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 01:53   Link #15
Yaluen
銀髪冒險家兼少女殺手

It's nice to have a main character in a mech series who isn't suffering from a personality disorder. The manga comes off as being a little bit...eccentric in it's mech design, which I find fairly interesting. Quite noticeable is how easily parts break off of the machines, rather it's just a chip or a large chunk of armor, as compared to shots not even making a dent on main characters' machines in other series.

Although, the main character's relationship with his rival reminds me of Kira and Athrun's relations in Gundam SEED. What's-his-name even commands a squad of his own, much like Athrun at the beginning of the series. Not really a comparison I want to think about too much, though.

Any commander who sports a pair of sunglasses all the time is instant badass in my book, by the way.
Yaluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:30   Link #16
NeoSam

The manga turned to be really getting an anime adaptation:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3238

The rumor I mentioned turned out to be true
Old 2009-07-07, 11:42   Link #17
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Politics, he is the King and she is forma important family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Wow, Mecha manga w/ mature I mean, not teenagers..lol. protagonists. To bad only a few chapters had been translated.
A lot of the older mecha series actually have adults piloting mecha and not teens.

it is only the more recent mecha animes that have kids being pilots.

Now if you want a Mecha manga with real maturity try Five Star Stories.
Old 2009-07-07, 12:16   Link #18
NeoSam

I created a thread for the anime here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83645
Old 2009-07-07, 14:12   Link #19
golthin

Quote:
yeah, she has feeling for the main character. she had to settle for the king because the main character had to leave school and return home to take care of their farm after his father died.
she doesn't even bother wearing the wedding ring as we saw. I don't see how those two can hook up, only way i see it is for the king to die.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 14:30   Link #20
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

The King and her don't share a bed and she doesn't even wear her ring.

I would say its safe to say that he is not using his Kingly rights in the best way.

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen