AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 15:38   Link #1581
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
God know, it's got enough cliches to keep the otakus satisfied.
I wouldn't hold my breath; these things can sometimes be harder to predict than some Cosmic Phenomenon in the Universe.

An unofficial way to tell if a show is popular with them is to see how many fanarts have been made... Which doesn't seem to be alot

Still, the super best case scenario is the series reaches 10k in sales, I dare not hope for more.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:57   Link #1582
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

The LN has around 2 million in sales...

As for the anime, who knows.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 16:48   Link #1583
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post

Yeah. I still remember the incredible difference between the Kimikiss game sales and the anime sales. Shows that anime can be a disaster despite a very sucessful original source if it takes too much liberties with the story.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 17:57   Link #1584
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
An unofficial way to tell if a show is popular with them is to see how many fanarts have been made... Which doesn't seem to be alot
I find this a little funny, last season we had a little talk like this for Infinite Stratos, about which girls were most popular merely based on their total fanart count

But you're right, I don't see anyone posting a bunch of Aria art here daily, even the Dog Days thread was invaded with some fanart

Anyways, I just can't keep Riko's uniform out of my head something about it is so cute
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 18:07   Link #1585
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I find this a little funny, last season we had a little talk like this for Infinite Stratos, about which girls were most popular merely based on their total fanart count

But you're right, I don't see anyone posting a bunch of Aria art here daily, even the Dog Days thread was invaded with some fanart

Anyways, I just can't keep Riko's uniform out of my head something about it is so cute
Well to be fair I could probably find some fan art to throw in if we really want to have it in the thread . While there isn't a ton this early in the series there is some out there.

I'll say Riko's customizing of her uniform is a positive thing in my book .
Old 2011-04-24, 19:12   Link #1586
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
So we can confirm that Aria-chan is at least booksmart. The way she dives into things to solve by force could be described as "rash". But you can be rash and still be very intelligent.

If nobody's posting Aria fanart, I might have to draw some

..........and also AriaxKin art.

Do they have a shipping name?
Old 2011-04-24, 19:14   Link #1587
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
As far as unofficial ways are concerned: number of fan-arts, number of shoops (sfw/nsfw), and lastly but not least, 2ch's thread number.
and guess what? I.S. performed excellently in all those departments.
Something I don't see HnA being able to emulate. But, we'll see... still too early to say anything.
Old 2011-04-24, 19:47   Link #1588
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Ugh... I dropped I.S. because it was just so bad. :\
Old 2011-04-24, 20:18   Link #1589
tsunade666

fanart, nsfw and 2ch thread as bases if it's popular? well that's true but it still wouldn't mean it's successful in sale. All anime live for the sale. And if HnA sales more than 10000 then it's a hit but if comes near 15000 I can see the future of vol 4.
Old 2011-04-24, 20:29   Link #1590
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
fanart, nsfw and 2ch thread as bases if it's popular? well that's true but it still wouldn't mean it's successful in sale. All anime live for the sale. And if HnA sales more than 10000 then it's a hit but if comes near 15000 I can see the future of vol 4.
Average anime only sells about 4-5k. I mean ZnT and SoraOto sold about 8k but they both got multiple seasons. If it reaches 7k I'd expect a second season.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:41   Link #1591
tsunade666

if it reach 5k it has a chance of getting 2nd season but most of anime this season are great so it's hard to pick. But having a 10k sales gives the highest chance to have 2nd season. Plus this season of Aria wouldn't be enough to introduce the story
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-25, 06:13   Link #1592
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Average anime only sells about 4-5k. I mean ZnT and SoraOto sold about 8k but they both got multiple seasons. If it reaches 7k I'd expect a second season.
Well as far as about novels ZnT novels were pretty popular and the number iof doujins for the ZnT was pretty big too which kind of made to believe its popularity. The problem is that anime kept on screwing and screwing up and by the third season very little people cared about it.

Still sales were not that utterly bad really.

I know that kimikiss is one of the more recent examples where the original source is very popular but the anime adaptation utterly fails in sales... Does anyone else know more of such titles where the adaptation would fail pretty miserably despite the original source's success?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 06:40   Link #1593
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
I'll like to know how that happened considering the LN has only managed to sell around 36k for the opening week of the latest volume and that the first volume has only sold just under 100k in total.

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Apr 11 - 17
Light Novels
15, *6,562 *,*98,192 Hidan no Aria vol.1

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Mar 28 - Apr 3
Light Novels
*8, *15,298 *,*51,746 Hidan no Aria vol.9

2 million sales for 8 volumes (considering 9 just came out) means it avg 250,000 copies per volume which means it's as big as Durarara and outsells the Nisio Monogatari novels lol....

Quote:
It popped in the Amazon top 100 a few times after the first episode but episode 2 did nothing to put in back in. Certainly not doing as well as it's predecessor in the time slot which was upto #28 after 3 weeks and in the 50-60's after the first two episodes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 06:54   Link #1594
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Sure, I can tell you how it happened.

People bought the book.

If you want to ask me 'why', I don't know.

http://mantan-web.jp/2011/04/13/2011...00046000c.html
Top of the 2nd paragraph.

「緋弾のアリア」は、累計190万部を突破している人気シリーズ
"Hidan no Aria" has broken through 190*10,000 (1.9 million) sales, a popular series.

Well, where are you getting your information from? Oo
Mine could be inaccurate.
Old 2011-04-25, 07:00   Link #1595
Westlo
Lets be reality

My figures are based off Oricon's light novel rankings, considering we have an entire thread devoted to Oricon's DVD/BD sales I think they should be alright...
Old 2011-04-25, 07:12   Link #1596
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

In TBS website, they said in the news that the novel and manga has sold a total of 2.4mil copies.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/aria/news/news.html
2011/4/15 原作小説・コミックシリーズ累計240万部突破!

Still searching mediafactory site for possible info of sales only for novels.
Old 2011-04-25, 07:16   Link #1597
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wouldn't be surprised if those were shipped figures and not sold. Generally when you see companies brag about sales figures they're talking shipped. Sony do it a lot when talking about MOVE for instance... you generally have to get past the PR and go into Oricon and the like to see what things have actually sold. Like the next big thing in manga Shingeki no Kyojin (on track to be FMA big) has shipped 4 million copies for the first 4 volumes but has only sold like 700,000 each for the first 4. Which pre anime and that early is fantastic... lol @ Shueisha/Jump thinking the mangaka didn't have what it takes...
Old 2011-04-25, 07:58   Link #1598
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

累計240万部突破?
すごいね.

That mangaka put massive amounts of research behind the story. Aside from that, it's pretty intriguing in itself.

I guess I better get back to work now.
Old 2011-04-25, 15:04   Link #1599
Argent Solbright
Vega, The Swooping Eagle

Haven't watch this yet (but very soon I will). How many volumes they'll probably animate? It will be a great pity if they doesn't animate until the partway of volume 5. The novels from after the end of volume 3 are just so good I can't but continously feeling 'WOW' and laughing like a madman reading it.
Old 2011-04-25, 15:36   Link #1600
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Three.

Yeah I know, volume 4 was full of epic.

Well, climax of first arc was epic in general.

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere