AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-23, 15:32   Link #741
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Although it will be nice if Etoile, or whatever her real name is, will be Arslan's partner but I don't think that will happen. It will certainly bring quite a bit of trouble and commotion if Arslan is to choose to have a Lusitanian as a Queen - after all that had already gone on. Also, she is not even of royal blood, so even more problems.

Anyway, looks like Grieve will be saying goodbye to the group next episode. ): I guess Farangis lost her hold on him.

It's kind of sad that with the knights and lords here, Farangis, Grieve and some others don't get to join in on the strategic meetings like they did when it was just their small little group.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 15:43   Link #742
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Although it will be nice if Etoile, or whatever her real name is, will be Arslan's partner but I don't think that will happen. It will certainly bring quite a bit of trouble and commotion if Arslan is to choose to have a Lusitanian as a Queen - after all that had already gone on. Also, she is not even of royal blood, so even more problems.

Anyway, looks like Grieve will be saying goodbye to the group next episode. ): I guess Farangis lost her hold on him.

It's kind of sad that with the knights and lords here, Farangis, Grieve and some others don't get to join in on the strategic meetings like they did when it was just their small little group.
She is of royal blood probably. After all she is a page of high-ranked lusitanian lord and commanding officer herself. And her caretaker is some high-ranked dude. And such a marriage could be a good guaranty for peace treaty with Lusitania. But as I read, it really won't happen.

And I think Gieve will have to leave because of conflict with some parsian lords. Probably Arslan will have to demote it to keep balance in the army
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 16:59   Link #743
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Annddd...Bodin got away.

Darn.

Other than that a pretty good episode - I do like the chemistry between Arslan and Etoile character wise, whether it flowers into king-queen or no.
Old 2015-08-23, 17:29   Link #744
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I know everyone is thinking that Etoile is a girl now, but I still am not sure myself. He seems to have a hard time trying to "act" like a girl, even speaking like a girl was hard for him. Also, his thoughts didn't seem to suggest that he was female, he even seemed to be embarrassed that Arslan treated him as a female. I know the original had him as a girl, but I'm still not sure about this version, and I really think they are playing with us. "Is it a he or a she? We're going to keep you guessing. "

Sorry if I'm not on the bandwagon with everyone else.
Sorry to ruin your yaoi fantasies, but she's a she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

Actually wedding a noble from an opposing nation is how peace is made back in the dark ages, it's how the french kept the english from constantly invading them.

Last edited by Flower; 2015-08-23 at 17:39. Reason: Please do not double post...use the edit button instead.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 17:40   Link #745
Vash1306
Pancakes

Just started watching the series and loving it. Anyone how well the series is doing in Japan in terms of rating and Blu-ray sales? Hope the series gets a second season. I remember reading that the 25 episodes we will cover all of the manga (the current iteration of it) and volume 2 of the light novels.
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 18:03   Link #746
RDNexus

Actually, they are already adapting Vol04 of the Novels...
They may be aiming to reach the end of Vol05 in this adaption...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 18:20   Link #747
Wandering Soul

Arslan and Etoile's interactions were pretty good. I guess we have a candidate for future queen.

Bodin getting away means he can now potentially cause trouble somewhere down the road. Hopefully Narsus will get his chance to kill him.

It seems like trouble with the lords will cause Gieve to leave the group next episode.
Old 2015-08-23, 18:22   Link #748
Vash1306
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Actually, they are already adapting Vol04 of the Novels...
They may be aiming to reach the end of Vol05 in this adaption...
Volume 4?! So the light novel has 14 volumes. Is it complete Wikipedia list it as ongoing. If it is only 14 volumes. I hope it gets a second season to adapt through volume 14!
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 19:14   Link #749
RDNexus

First, as far as I know, they are Bulk Novels, like GATE's, meaning each volume is bigger than a LN's.
Second, it's still ongoing, since the author publishes new volumes at an erroneous pace... As far as I know...
Third, since this Anime Adaption started from Arakawa's Manga Adaption, I'm not sure if they're gonna wait for the Manga to catch up to where the series is probably gonna stop and advance from there before betting on a Season2...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 22:33   Link #750
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 20

Thank goodness Etoile told him what he need to hear. Now we won't have to worry about this "conceding the throne to Hermes" business. He lost rights to that long ago. He would just be Andragoras Mark 2 anyway.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 22:37   Link #751
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

So, it was a she after all.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 23:42   Link #752
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Sorry to ruin your yaoi fantasies, but she's a she.
Not a very good argument, and please, I don't see everything in ships. Etoile and Arslan can always just be good friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
You got it wrong. This character is canonically a girl posing as a boy in novels. And there's no reason to change this fact. Character is even voiced by female seiyuu. All this behavior its not because "she" is a boy who tries to pose as a girl (for that see Elam scenes in earlier ep). Just that:

a) Behaving like a lady is out of character for her. She always were a military brat
b) She hates parsians so being touched by them is to much for her
c) She tried not to make Arslan find out that she is "that boy"
As I already said, I know what was in the original, but I also know that this version changed some things. You do make some good arguments, but I think if they were really going to say that he was female, they would do a bigger reveal and really have it stated what his sex is. Here, it just seems like they are being elusive. Maybe he really is a she, but I'm just not convinced. I'll wait for concrete evidence. Not just because of a female seiyuu, not just because of a cross dressing spy mission, I need it to be actually said. Maybe I'm being stubborn, but that's what I need.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 00:39   Link #753
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Any chance the other kid was a girl or will it be a bromance?
I saw the femaleness possibility in the first episode! The only girl if she really was a girl worthy of Arslan
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 02:22   Link #754
mickbis

A bit naive trap and A headstrong reverse trap...

They are so perfect for each other
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 04:21   Link #755
@GEMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
In another site, she was named Estelle
But I'd like for someone who reads the Novels to PM me about her and her role in the overall story.
Me too please
Old 2015-08-24, 05:39   Link #756
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
Volume 4?! So the light novel has 14 volumes. Is it complete Wikipedia list it as ongoing. If it is only 14 volumes. I hope it gets a second season to adapt through volume 14!
It's not a light novel, but a whole novel that got adopted into anime/manga, similiar to Gate.

Most l ight novel don't have al ot of page, and use rather simple wording, this is a full novel, similiar to the english Song of Ice and Fire type fo writing.
Old 2015-08-24, 09:19   Link #757
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
And I think Gieve will have to leave because of conflict with some parsian lords. Probably Arslan will have to demote it to keep balance in the army
Sorry to put things so coarsely in expressing my opinion, but those Parsian lords have done fuck all to warrant demoting anybody from Arslan's inner circle. That's just ridiculous to lose one very valuable ally because he may not get along with someone who hasn't earned that right to be in that circle.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 09:56   Link #758
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Lords have armies with them while one man even trusted and competent can't replace the army.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 10:08   Link #759
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Sorry to put things so coarsely in expressing my opinion, but those Parsian lords have done fuck all to warrant demoting anybody from Arslan's inner circle. That's just ridiculous to lose one very valuable ally because he may not get along with someone who hasn't earned that right to be in that circle.
As competent as Gieve is, not even he can replace all the soldiers that the lords are bringing in.
Old 2015-08-24, 12:01   Link #760
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
They have spent their entire adult lives keeping the people in their domains loyal enough to them so that when their lord (Arslan) needs an army, he gets an army. Furthermore, if Arslan keeps the young nobodies as his primary advisers, if anything goes wrong, Arslan will be entirely blamed and the soldiers would lose faith in the person they're fighting for (or they might demand Narsus' execution).
Irisiel is offline   Reply With Quote