AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-15, 09:39   Link #2141
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Honestly, I thought the episode was fine for the most part, but that's because I consider it a natural consequence of Episode 12 due to Nine Alpha feeding Ichigo information and Zero Two growing more reckless.

It's the fanbase that's the problem. I might be on board the Zero Two and Hiro / Ichigo and Goro train, but even I acknowledge right now that neither pairing is good for each other.

@ Anh
If she'd tried to force her way to him sooner, Nana would have had her tranquilized again and Hiro's not stupid enough to not grasp that to get to him she had to go through Miku, who was guarding the door, and the others. It would have been the same result.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:41   Link #2142
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I think this development is cool

I mean, Hiro is attached to 02 because she gave him a raison d'etre by enabling him to pilot again, not because romantic attraction
In the first place, Hiro lost his piloting aptitude because little devil 02

So... Good riddance, monster

Now let's hope Hiro can pair with Ichigo by some miracle
If it was that simple, then they could have just found the reason in her blood and give Hiro an antidote. I was thinking that the mindwipe prob had more to do with it.

I hope Hiro can pair with Ichigo also. That's prob now the only way he can help 02 is with his team behind him. Though really 02 burned her last bridge so we should just get beyond her and to the rest of the story and world setting. There's more to this than just Hiro x 02. I want to see more of Hiro and why he is considered "special". I want to see more of Mitsuru x Kokoro. I want to see where Kokoro and the baby book goes.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:43   Link #2143
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
As divided as those everywhere else. And loads of praise for Goro being the only real person with a brain
Goro suffering is what annoy them the more from what read so far.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:47   Link #2144
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

I hope Hiro can pair with Ichigo also.
For the sake of God, leave Goro alone...

If this happens, Ichigo can die the most horrible death for all I care.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:47   Link #2145
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Goro suffering is what annoy them the more from what read so far.
Goro's pretty much the unambiguous nice guy in the group. He just wants his best friend and the girl he likes to be happy. The problem is that comes at the expense of his happiness, and given the beating he's gotten in this episode and when he was getting ready to kill himself, his health.

Even so, Ichigo's really not required to return his affection. We want him to be happy, but if that means we have to force a pairing that doesn't mesh with them both then that's not healthy. That's why while I want them to be together, I acknowledge that right now neither one is suited for the other.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:48   Link #2146
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post

@ Anh
If she'd tried to force her way to him sooner, Nana would have had her tranquilized again and Hiro's not stupid enough to not grasp that to get to him she had to go through Miku, who was guarding the door, and the others. It would have been the same result.
Nana doesn't seem to care that much. And she didn't actually need to beat up everyone. She has the strength and speed to avoid or push them out of her way.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:48   Link #2147
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
She said it was because she wanted to be with her Darling in the last episode and this one. In the last episode, she noticed they were different because of their blood after he got cocked with the gun to the head. In this one, she mentioned that she was doing it for him. In this episode, there's also a slight scene where she's talking to APE while the voice over mentions that she thought killing enough of them would move her to being human, which is the exact moment we see they told her the lie that led up to this.
Either way it's not like she really has a choice in whether or not she kills her stamen. There is a certain amount of consciousness to it to the extent that she can accelerate the process or hold it back a bit, but either way her stamen will be harmed/die whether she liked it or not. It's not surprising that tries to find lies to justify it and it was certainly wrong for her to accelerate it on Hiro (and Mitsuru) the way she did but ultimately people shouldn't be placed under such circumstances in the first place and it's unfair to hold them fully responsible for what they do under such extreme circumstances that they mostly have no control over.

At the end of the day, those circumstances aren't gonna get any better which is why ZeroTwo does need a real personality change (even if it's unfair to expect it) because that's the only way she'll get the happiness she wants. But I think it's always worth bearing mind that the real blame and responsibility should be directed at the higher ups.

Quote:
And her turning human wouldn't stop the torture. After all, they'd have to figure out how she turned human in the first place when the previous samples they had (mentioned in last episode) didn't and that requires science.
Hence why I used the qualifier "she thinks".
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:49   Link #2148
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
For the sake of God, leave Goro alone...

If this happens, Ichigo can die the most horrible death for all I care.
You can pair with someone in a mech without being a life partner. Just think of it as Ichigo getting a harem. Ichigo gets the 2 best guys (cute, faithful, empathetic and smart) in the series. Lots of shoujo titles and games do this.

She's been going down the harem route for a while now. I think it's time to make it official. Goro can take a break once in a while and let Hiro have a go. Since she is 02's mirror in the series and 02 has a harem (whether she likes them or not), Ichigo should have one too.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:50   Link #2149
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
You can pair with someone in a mech without being a life partner. Just think of it as Ichigo getting a harem. Ichigo gets the 2 best guys (cute, faithful, empathetic and smart) in the series.
Yeah, right, a thot...
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:51   Link #2150
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Goro's pretty much the unambiguous nice guy in the group. He just wants his best friend and the girl he likes to be happy. The problem is that comes at the expense of his happiness, and given the beating he's gotten in this episode and when he was getting ready to kill himself, his health.

Even so, Ichigo's really not required to return his affection. We want him to be happy, but if that means we have to force a pairing that doesn't mesh with them both then that's not healthy. That's why while I want them to be together, I acknowledge that right now neither one is suited for the other.
Ehhh, people no longer wanted Goro with Ichigo for a while. Not denying they still exist. But now it's just a small number.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:52   Link #2151
Haak
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 27
Jesus Chirst, the only monster here is this insane activity level on this thread...
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:54   Link #2152
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They all had legit reasons for doing what they did. Well, when it comes to 02, I'm not sure about "legit", but don't expect sanity from someone who's been raised as she has. Frankly, she's been a lot more patient than I expected her to be. She proved it in the end, she didn't have to take the squad's restriction. She could have forced her way in much earlier. It'd probably have turned out better, too.
Yeah, logically speaking, everyone is a victim here. But the way it was presented....the drama, it's like White Album 2 on steroids. Pushing into "let's see how many crying faces we can make har har har" territory. Hiro at the end just seals the deal


Although Goro's situation was just uncalled for.....that was plain dirty. may you tank it well my man, show em how it's done
__________________

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:54   Link #2153
HtwoN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Ehhh, people no longer wanted Goro with Ichigo for a while. Not denying they still exist. But now it's just a small number.
Ichigo: "Goro you're the best mate I could have"
Also Ichigo: "Hiro I will do everything to drive with you"

I can see why. Goro deserves better.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:55   Link #2154
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Hiro: "eh? Nandatte?" as he looks to the sky.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:56   Link #2155
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They all had legit reasons for doing what they did. Well, when it comes to 02, I'm not sure about "legit", but don't expect sanity from someone who's been raised as she has. Frankly, she's been a lot more patient than I expected her to be. She proved it in the end, she didn't have to take the squad's restriction. She could have forced her way in much earlier. It'd probably have turned out better, too.
Something else has to be going on that she reacted in that way... I think she's still blindsided by the true darling reveal and/or was manipulated into
a wild goose chase for true darling.

Most of her possessive schtick is sort of an act though, and she's not really abusive at all, at least in the sense that Abuse 101 would have been to sow distrust yet she hasn't come between Hiro and the rest of 13 until now.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 09:57   Link #2156
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Either way it's not like she really has a choice in whether or not she kills her stamen. There is a certain amount of consciousness to it to the extent that she can accelerate the process or hold it back a bit, but either way her stamen will be harmed/die whether she liked it or not. It's not surprising that tries to find lies to justify it and it was certainly wrong for her to accelerate it on Hiro (and Mitsuru) the way she did but ultimately people shouldn't be placed under such circumstances in the first place and it's unfair to hold them fully responsible for what they do under such extreme circumstances that they mostly have no control over.

At the end of the day, those circumstances aren't gonna get any better which is why ZeroTwo does need a real personality change (even if it's unfair to expect it) because that's the only way she'll get the happiness she wants. But I think it's always worth bearing mind that the real blame and responsibility should be directed at the higher ups.
She has limited control, that's true. But she can accelerate the process, and did so intentionally on the person who was the only one who could ride with her without a problem as far as she knew. She made the effort because Hiro, as far as she knew, wasn't her Darling despite doing his best to try and please her.

And I blame the Higher Ups plenty. They constantly lie and use these kids. But at the same time, Zero Two's actions in Episode 12 and 14 are largely by her choice. If she hadn't been actively trying to kill Hiro to become human, but trying to accept what she had, if she hadn't attacked the others, but explained herself to them first, then I wouldn't hold her as responsible.

Zero Two only cared about chasing being human and tried to kill Hiro, but when she learned he was who she was looking for she only cared about talking to him and not the others around her who fought with her and also cared about Hiro.

She has to open up to more than just him if she's going to grow.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:03   Link #2157
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Hiro: "eh? Nandatte?" as he looks to the sky.
Hiro is allowed to have a last look of regret before succumbing to being a member of the Ichigo harem as Ichigo x Hiro was the original pair before 02/mindwipe happened.

Resistance is futile.

Besides, Ichigo has to be there to knock reality back into Hiro as Goro knocks reality back into Ichigo. This is the perfect team setup ( a three-person mecha) which is what was happening when they were young ( a triplet, not a pair).
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:05   Link #2158
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
The question is, can Ichigo force him to to that? I'm not so sure.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:05   Link #2159
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
So now Hiroshi Seko is being blamed for doing in DarliFra just like he did Kabaneri.....what did he do to Kabaneri again?

Anyway this ep is loads better than Kabaneri....We don't have mindless characters blindly worshipping stereotypical boring villians yet
__________________

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:07   Link #2160
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hiro is allowed to have a last look of regret before succumbing to being a member of the Ichigo harem.

Resistance is futile.

Besides, Ichigo has to be there to knock reality back into Hiro as Goro knocks reality back into Ichigo. This is the perfect team setup ( a three-person mecha).
Sadly for her, he doesn't cares for her opinion. Sure, her well being is there, but that aside, Ichigo is beyond friend zone, she has reached the family zone .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So now Hiroshi Seko is being blamed for doing in DarliFra just like he did Kabaneri.....what did he do to Kabaneri again?

Anyway this ep is loads better than Kabaneri....We don't have mindless characters blindly worshipping stereotypical boring villians yet
Biba twirling his mustache?
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.