AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-18, 20:34   Link #501
Xion Valkyrie

New class revealed!

Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:23   Link #502
Xacual

Another one? Wow I'm astounded.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 16:52   Link #503
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

They seriously need to re-visualize the skills for the original classes lolz. These new classes' skills are pretty bad@ss looking compared to the regular ones.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 16:23   Link #504
RobotCat
In a Box

4.5 is out. I took a long break from the game but the new update and class looks pretty pretty fun. PvE wise it comes with the Aethertech class, some new end game instances, and even more streamlined campaigns and more free gear to help you hit end game in under a week (fastest 1-65 Aethertech took 16.5 hours).

PvP wise, the 65Aug2 gear has been moved to R1, with new 1/2/3/4 star gear added too. The new GP system replaces the old AP based abyss ranking. Also, Upper Abyss forts have new instances that can drop stuff you need for the new PvP gear.

Last edited by RobotCat; 2014-02-10 at 17:32.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 12:08   Link #505
Xacual

Yeah I tried to log in but I got the error that my accounts associated with that master account don't exist and it won't let me log in. My random extra account I made when aion went f2p logged in fine and it's aion account is still there. Kind of pisses me off to be honest. I checked the character search and my characters on Siel still show up so they must exist at least.

Not sure why I can't get into my account though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-02-07, 20:14   Link #506
RobotCat
In a Box

Try filing a ticket, they usually get resolved pretty quickly. In the meantime you can try out the Aethertech on the new account.
Old 2014-02-08, 16:11   Link #507
Xacual

Yeah I filed a ticket yesterday and got a response within 30 minutes, I was pretty surprised. Got into my account but couldn't make any new characters so I had to delete two of my lower levels which was fine, it was just a level 10 and level 6. Played around with a Songweaver a bit, seemed pretty damn OP to me though at the starting levels. Didn't get a chance to try out Aethertech yet, don't know between gunslinger or aethertech which one I want.

The Fast-Track server is pretty nice too. It seems pretty annoying that you can't use chat channels if you're below 20. Trying to find a mentor for the daily in verteron was basically impossible.

Old 2014-02-10, 17:26   Link #508
RobotCat
In a Box

The chat thing is pretty bad, but you can use the Grouping tool to post that you're looking for a mentor, much easier than having to spam in LFG every 30 seconds. Anyways, with the new 'growth' quests it's now unnecessary to do the mentor quests. They give you so much gear every 5 levels that you don't have to rely on the coins from mentor quests anymore.

As for Songweaver/Aethertech/Gunslinger, here's how they breakdown:

Songweaver: Very much a support class later on. They get kind of boring to play in the 30-40's because you don't get many new damage skills until much later. If you run a instance and there's no cleric you'll be expected to heal. They are decent at solo PvP although they work much better in a group. You need to slot Magical Accuracy and Magic Boost stones for PvP.

Gunslinger: Very strong class that's extremely easy to solo pvp with. Very easy to gear as you only need Magic Boost for both PvE and PvP in most cases. Highly mobile with high burst damage.

Aethertech: This is a tank/support magic based class. You can tank any instance in the game with it (better than gladiators, not as good as templars). In PvP, damage is low but it has a ton of AOE skills as well as very strong group support skills. It also has one of the most powerskills in the game, drillbore, which removes ALL protective buffs from a target. However, because it has low base magical accuracy a lot of Magical Accuracy is needed in pvp, so lower damage.
Old 2014-02-10, 22:30   Link #509
Xacual

For songweaver I seem to do about the same damage as my sorcerer and without any of the downtime since I have so many mp restore in comparison. It's a little ridiculous, though both my sorcerer and songweaver are only in the low 30s now.

Leveling the gunslinger now and it's another pretty crazy one with no downtime, just got the water shot that restores mp. It seems like the new classes make the old dps classes pretty much useless.

Old 2014-02-11, 00:56   Link #510
RobotCat
In a Box

The new classes are designed to be friendly to newer players. Most of the old classes are nearly unplayable until at least 42 as a lot of them didn't get their 'defining' skill until then.

Sorc is still king of DPS. It's beat out in burst damage by gunslingers but pull far ahead once you extend the time in combat. Downtime is not an issue in late game because everyone chugs mana pots.
Old 2014-02-11, 17:38   Link #511
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

You guys makes me want to come back to my midget level 55 gladiator that has hardly any decent gear on him , but with only a week and a half of winter break left before school resumes, I may or may not >_<

Old 2015-07-10, 09:47   Link #512
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Came back to the game. It has changed a lot since I last played especially with this new patch, Aion Upheaval. They re-did the stigma system/skill system (got rid of some skills and stigmas). Not sure if I like it yet, would have to hit level 65 (currently level 63). Playing on Israphel and my previous guild DIM MAK, accepted me back and are helping me out again on my gladiator. The game is a lot more friendly, or should I say convenient/easy mode at least until you hit level 65 for end-game dungeons and PvP. I'm actually getting addicted again (probably because Cabal 2 was so disappointing to me).

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows