AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-26, 00:27   Link #81
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yes you need an original Key to set-up your initial account...Thus if your like me and have no use for a box and a dvd you can simply buy a key and download the client.

Still not 100% sure if I want to get back into MMOs again...Got burned out on WoW and WAR was a disappointment. Guess I can always just flip the 50 bucks and try it for the first month and see what will see...Hopefully the bad community Kyero exampled will be the minority...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 07:15   Link #82
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
Yes you need an original Key to set-up your initial account...Thus if your like me and have no use for a box and a dvd you can simply buy a key and download the client.

Still not 100% sure if I want to get back into MMOs again...Got burned out on WoW and WAR was a disappointment. Guess I can always just flip the 50 bucks and try it for the first month and see what will see...Hopefully the bad community Kyero exampled will be the minority...
and hopefuly no People makin Big headed ugly freaks with names like "kissme" pretty awkward when they just follow you around askin to be loved

But that was the beta, I doubt all of them are gonna be in it. Hopefuly there will be more than 10 Servers. The beta only had 1 for a while, then 2 ._. sooooooooooo crouded.
Old 2009-06-26, 08:32   Link #83
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Yeah I hope that too. I have had my share of games where there are only 2 servers or so, both very crowded and it makes it awful to play due lag. Even if you have super computer, game at this degree already requires quite some from your PC, and if there are 1000 people on the area wherever you go = Massive lag X_X
Old 2009-06-26, 17:54   Link #84
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
But that was the beta, I doubt all of them are gonna be in it. Hopefuly there will be more than 10 Servers. The beta only had 1 for a while, then 2 ._. sooooooooooo crouded.

You can switch channels to avoid the crowd.

I highly doubt NCsoft will just have two servers when the game goes live. Perhaps 2 servers well into Open Beta just to stress test, but we should see at least 7 servers when the game goes live.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 18:09   Link #85
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
You can switch channels to avoid the crowd.

I highly doubt NCsoft will just have two servers when the game goes live. Perhaps 2 servers well into Open Beta just to stress test, but we should see at least 7 servers when the game goes live.
Bah they use channels? I probably shouldn't be surprised as I've seen many games use them before, but I've never been a fan of them. Having one seamless world per server always feels more in keeping with the concept of a "Massive" game to me.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 19:11   Link #86
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

wait so it doesnt matter what channel you make a character on? you can pick what server you want to log in with that character?

I hope its like that, but at the same time that limits Character names >< I want to call my Gladiator "Izanagi"
Old 2009-06-27, 03:49   Link #87
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
wait so it doesnt matter what channel you make a character on? you can pick what server you want to log in with that character?

I hope its like that, but at the same time that limits Character names >< I want to call my Gladiator "Izanagi"
It's under one of the commands, as I don't have the GUI in front of me at the moment, I can't recall exactly where you can change it at. Channels are a part of a server, so you can't switch servers. In all honesty though, it doesn't really matter as channels no longer exist after 20.

So basically.... channels are created to curb the massive influx of new players and lack of mobs in the newbie zones.
Old 2009-07-04, 09:06   Link #88
EoT
~~

Started playing the beta tonight and I have to say the graphics are beautiful

The game play reminds me a lot like WoW but the interface is a lot better and the music is very nice.

Cannot wait till the game actually comes out.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 22:56   Link #89
Xacual

So is it going to be follow the more Asian game design in that once you start reaching higher levels you're forced into grouping and other activities? I don't exactly mind that but it would really limit my playing sometimes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 04:49   Link #90
Velsy

I played lineage 2 back in the day for 2 or so years, then returned to priv servers on and off, fortunate to make cardinal hero on the priv server many times . Unless you ebayed, sold gold or worked with farmers, it was very hard to do high end stuff on retail.

As for Aion, I had a friend playing chinese beta, he said he was liking it and sent me a few really nice looking pictures. I've been asked a few times in the past to come play Aion when it comes. But I just stated.... only if I can play a human char !!!

human warriors ftw !!

I wanted to play the beta, but think I missed out or so. still undecided if I will play when it goes retail. But I will keep an eye on it.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 08:34   Link #91
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So is it going to be follow the more Asian game design in that once you start reaching higher levels you're forced into grouping and other activities? I don't exactly mind that but it would really limit my playing sometimes.
You can solo to end game. I believe the first 45 (lvl 50 is cap in kAion) on the Chinese servers ended up soloing his way there with a Chanter buffbot.
Old 2009-07-06, 13:21   Link #92
Xacual

So he used a bot to group with. That's not soloing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:49   Link #93
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I personally don't like things from NC, they tend to fall back on their stupid habit of "milking a cow to death then beat the dead body for a few drops more of milk". Any games of theirs is fun in the beginning, then they will milk the game past the point where they are suppose to make new contents for them, but they still won't make anything new because they feel they can still milk some more, and turn off the players over time. That's that what happened to Tabula Rasa and that's what I can foresee in this game.

Last edited by gummybear; 2009-07-06 at 15:49.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 16:13   Link #94
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
You can solo to end game. I believe the first 45 (lvl 50 is cap in kAion) on the Chinese servers ended up soloing his way there with a Chanter buffbot.
You could just cut the process and solo with a cleric, seems pretty stupidly awesome 'overpowered'. Atleast seemed that way from the start. Might give this game a shot on private servers, can't afford p2p atm.
Old 2009-07-07, 02:30   Link #95
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Looks pretty cool!!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 19:40   Link #96
Xion Valkyrie

Game is coming out soon. Nobody else on Animesuki is getting it?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 20:49   Link #97
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Game is coming out soon. Nobody else on Animesuki is getting it?
*holds hand up* yo Plan on making a Templar, gladiator and Assassian.
Old 2009-08-14, 00:02   Link #98
Olaguer

Is this pay 2 play?
Olaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 00:41   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaguer View Post
Is this pay 2 play?
Yes... its pay to play. you should do a little more research instead of asking a simple question. no offence.
Old 2009-08-14, 02:47   Link #100
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

i'm really thinkgin about getting it
But im too busy with Guild Wars >_<..and then i have my PS3 ._.

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows