Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-08-20, 23:31   Link #41
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm just happy to see people with a passion to chase their curiosity, that's all.
Nothing wrong with curiosity; I just find it the difference between believing in extraterrestrial life elsewhere in the universe and making UFOs out of airplane lights...

Of course, if drugs or alcohol were involved in any alleged Bigfoot sighting, we can just flush that down the pooper...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 15:33   Link #42
Hey Boss!
あの。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
Not a religious person I see.
Not Exactly,
I believe big foot and religion is two different subjects!
Hey Boss! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 16:38   Link #43
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Nothing wrong with curiosity; I just find it the difference between believing in extraterrestrial life elsewhere in the universe and making UFOs out of airplane lights...

Of course, if drugs or alcohol were involved in any alleged Bigfoot sighting, we can just flush that down the pooper...
I believe there's a strong possibility of alien life out in the universe. I'm not sold on the idea that they visit us. But, there are lots of reports over the years so *something* is going on. Even if it's not aliens, at least people are trying to figure out what the deal is. It's hard to write off some of the sightings and experiences as public delusion.

But yeah I'm gonna have to draw the line at lizard people and mole men living below the earth's crust. Even I'll admit some of the theories get a little crazy. But if we're attacked by moles using Giant Drills we'll never hear the end of "I told you so!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Boss! View Post
Not Exactly,
I believe big foot and religion is two different subjects!
My point was that it's ok to believe in a deity you've never seen but something like Bigfoot stretches the limits of credibility? I mean, think about it. There are hundreds of millions (billions?) of people who have a strong faith in God(s). And no scientist is closer today than they were centuries ago in determining if any God is actually real.

Now I'm not trying to make a jab at religion. But it's always interesting to me how people can say "well this is ok to believe in, but this isn't." What distinguishes the two beliefs? Why is one ok but one isn't?

Is it because of the level of belief? God is an all powerful being who can be anywhere and everywhere at once....and Bigfoot is just a smelly walking ape who shows up in beef jerky commercials. Does it make it easier for people to believe in Bigfoot less because he doesn't perform miracles and watch over your loved ones?

Anyway, what I'm driving at is that the human race is full of people who challenge what we've established with new suppositions and ideas. We're an inherently curious lot, and that's of course come back to burn us on more than a few occasions. But this world wouldn't exist without those people who are labeled as heretics, non believers, crackpots, wackos, dreamers, radicals, free thinkers, and other terms because they chose to chase their ideas to the end.

Some of the greatest discoveries we've made were because someone was looking for one thing and stumbled upon another. You know, like the Americas while heading to India. WTF THE EARTH WAS FLAT! I remember as a child being taught that Christopher Columbus was the man who discovered America....and then learning that Vikings predated him, and then learning Indians might have originated from Asia before all of them even.

Brontosaurus was an oops, it's actually Apatasaurus. Dinosaurs might have given rise to birds. Dinosaurs might have been warm blooded after all. Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens may be different off shoots of the same genus. We're always learning something new that challenges what we used to "know". Atomic. Sub Atomic. Quantum.

At the very least, crazy people should be appreciated for keeping life interesting. ^^
Old 2008-08-21, 16:58   Link #44
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Yeah, I have to admit, even if things are a little off-the-wall, they make things interesting...

I'll touch back when I have children and convince them the existence of Santa Clause, and see if my cynicism fades into hypocracy...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-08-21, 23:17   Link #45
Hey Boss!
あの。。。

Solace..you do make a point but i still see that some people are too focus with religion and the whole "Bigfoot" stuff ,What we see is what we believe.. some people think, but I say that the mind is so strong that it can make you see Bigfoot, ghost,and etc. I believe in what I believe and believe in what I see ,That's it! This might sound stupid and yeah it might be stupid. The world is full of mystery and puzzle ..we just got to live for a tomorrow!
Hey Boss! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 14:37   Link #46
Amray

This story is even more so less convincing than that skeleton of a Griffin that someone "found". Not to mention the remains of that Pixie, which also happened to be a fake.

Bigfoot, much like Dracula, is a fictional creature made by mans thoughts. Although Dracula was based on a real person but that is something entirely different. And just because some random individual makes up these creatures from the top of their head does not mean that they may or may not actually exist. It is a load of dilly dally.

Although there were those extremely convincing remains of a giant. I mean, we have all heard of the story "Jack and the Beanstalk" have we not? Well personally, I blame Jack for this;

Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 21:45   Link #47
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Bigfoot, much like Dracula, is a fictional creature made by mans thoughts.
If Vlad III knew where you lived, he'd have you impaled for such blasphemous talk!
Old 2008-08-23, 22:19   Link #48
Daughter!

Wow, I actually looked at the picture of what they thought was the body for the first time. I think they used that suit in Harry and the Hendersons.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 07:20   Link #49
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
If Vlad III knew where you lived, he'd have you impaled for such blasphemous talk!
Which is why I stated this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Although Dracula was based on a real person but that is something entirely different.
And by saying that, yes, I did in fact mean Vlad Tepes III.
Alas, he was not a vampire. Just an impaler. A story in which I am most interested in, may I add.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 02:27   Link #50
Echoes

In a documentary I saw about Vlad, they mentioned that he actually did dip his bread in the blood of his victims and ate it at his dinner-table. I never bothered to fact-check that, but it's indeed a very interesting tale regardless. There's no wonder lengends were spun about this man.

Too bad vampires are underrepresented today. If people are going to believe in something there's no evidence for, at least make it something cool.
Old 2008-08-26, 09:58   Link #51
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

Too bad vampires are underrepresented today. If people are going to believe in something there's no evidence for, at least make it something cool.
They're probably taking a bunch of iron tablets
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
myth