AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 21:03   Link #1921
Elestia

Re-watching the scene where Suzuha is eating the cake, and I just had to make a quick edit to the scene.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3...teinsgate1.jpg

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-06-22 at 21:29. Reason: Do not use spoiler tags to hide images; use thumbnails or post a link
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 21:09   Link #1922
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Ok where do I get one of those? Seriously! :O
Just Google "Kurisu T shirt." There's also a grey and black version.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 21:13   Link #1923
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Re-watching the scene where Suzuha is eating the cake, and I just had to make a quick edit to the scene.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3...teinsgate1.jpg
Haha. Thats awesome!

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-06-22 at 21:29. Reason: Removed spoiler tags from quoted post
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 21:20   Link #1924
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to Madoka Magica:
Spoiler for addition:
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 21:28   Link #1925
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is the last reminder:

Do use a properly-labelled spoiler tag if...
  • ...you are comparing this show to any other show
  • ...answering questions about current or past events using the source material
  • ...comparing to other adaptations of the source material
  • ...posting about a new episode if you're watching the raw before the subs are out

Do not use a spoiler tag (just post right in the thread) if...
  • ...you are posting speculation (and have no source material knowledge)
  • ...you are posting images (use thumbnails and post them right in the thread; don't post large images)
  • ...you are posting about an episode that has already aired in English (including the current episode)

Do not post at all in this thread if...
  • ...you are going to reveal any future events from the game
  • ...you are going to give any hints or "nudges" about what to expect in coming episodes
  • ...you are speculating on future events using game knowledge
  • ...you are going to post a "retort image"

I trust this is sufficiently clear, but more details can be found in the Spoiler Policy. From now on, please expect warnings and infractions to be issued. If you're not sure if something requires spoiler tags, please feel free to ask any member of the staff before making your post.

Thanks...
Old 2011-06-22, 21:29   Link #1926
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Nope, there's nothing wrong with you RB: Moeka was smoking hot even if she deserves to be feed to the fishies for removing that wonderful "TUTURU!" from the world.
Okay, I'm glad it wasn't just me. I just felt kind of bad since Mayuri was being killed and all and most of my thought process was "HOT DAMN LOOKIT THAT GIRL IN BLACK LEATHER" up until she pulled the trigger.
Old 2011-06-22, 21:37   Link #1927
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
You still need a lifter though, right?

I refuse to believe that Suzuha just ran away. It's not in her personality to run from danger. She ran for a purpose.
Lol the LHC itself is the lifter.
And no I don't know how a TV can 'lift' the same as the LHC. I know that both the microwave and the LHC generate mini black holes.

And to whomever said about not using the Leaper.

Geez! They just completed it in the last episode and everyone is getting taken away? Of course he's going to use it next! Isn't that one obvious?

DMail Limitations - Can go any distance in time (roughly 20 years) can send 18 chars. Uses Microwave
Time Leaper Limitations - Can only go 48 hours in the past, sending the memories of 4tb with it. Uses LHC

Now the better question , is Kurisu working for SERN or what? I want to see Moeka go up to her and kneel down or something.. haha
I can't believe that SERN is just plugged into Okabe's house. Is it that stupid Lama game? Was it REALLY looking at them?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 22:47   Link #1928
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Question to the mod...
How do I post images as thumbnail?
Old 2011-06-22, 23:17   Link #1929
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Question to the mod...
How do I post images as thumbnail?
When you upload an image on most any image host (including Imageshack), a "Thumbnail Forum Link" is one of the options they give to you. You just have to copy/paste the code they give you into the forum and it'll automatically create a clickable thumbnail. Almost every other image host is the same.

For example, the image posted above would give you something like:
Code:
[url=http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3635/horriblesubssteinsgate1.jpg][img]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3635/horriblesubssteinsgate1.th.jpg[/img][/url]
And when you put that in the forum it turns out like this:

(Not that I am trying to encourage people from posting these sorts of silly meme images, which are kind of frowned upon... ...but you get the idea.)
Old 2011-06-22, 23:41   Link #1930
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(Not that I am trying to encourage people from posting these sorts of silly meme images, which are kind of frowned upon... ...but you get the idea.)
Will do. Does that mean the 4-koma gaijin memes are frowned upon too?
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 00:12   Link #1931
Starlightz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Lol the LHC itself is the lifter.
And no I don't know how a TV can 'lift' the same as the LHC. I know that both the microwave and the LHC generate mini black holes.

DMail Limitations - Can go any distance in time (roughly 20 years) can send 18 chars. Uses Microwave
Time Leaper Limitations - Can only go 48 hours in the past, sending the memories of 4tb with it. Uses LHC
I think you are misunderstanding it a little bit. I don't know if it's different in the VN, but according to ep 12, time leap uses the Microwave.
Kurisu-tina's explanation went like this (at least in my sub) - her machine reads the nerve pulse signals (memory in the brain), then encode it to electric signals - which have the size of 3.24 TB. Since the Phone Microwave can only send a little more than 36 bytes, there is a problem with the data size, so they send it to LHC, generate a black hole to compress the data to ~36 bytes, then send it back and use the same method as D-Mail (aka using the Phone Microwave) to send those data to the past. LHC works as the device to compress data, not the one that sending data back to the past (the microwave), so they would still need the TV to be on to Time Leap.
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 03:35   Link #1932
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post
I think you are misunderstanding it a little bit. I don't know if it's different in the VN, but according to ep 12, time leap uses the Microwave.
Kurisu-tina's explanation went like this (at least in my sub) - her machine reads the nerve pulse signals (memory in the brain), then encode it to electric signals - which have the size of 3.24 TB. Since the Phone Microwave can only send a little more than 36 bytes, there is a problem with the data size, so they send it to LHC, generate a black hole to compress the data to ~36 bytes, then send it back and use the same method as D-Mail (aka using the Phone Microwave) to send those data to the past. LHC works as the device to compress data, not the one that sending data back to the past (the microwave), so they would still need the TV to be on to Time Leap.
That's what I got, too. Plus: the 48-hour limit is a limit of the brain biology, not of the technology: if the brain states are too different, the transfer won't work (or might drive you mad).

What I don't get is:

a) where do they send the data to? I mean what's the phone number of your brain.

b) How does the brain receive the data? Do they envelope your head in an electromagnetic cloud? Talk about a headache...

c) How does the brain extract the compressed data?

Oh, well. No point thinking too deeply about this.

Also, does receiving future memories maybe create a "reading Steiner" (through intertemporal quantum entanglement, maybe?)?

Finally, are we sure Mayuri is dead? What's with the watch which is sent flying and we get a shot of it broken? Is that a reminder that it stopped earlier, symbolising time run out, or are they pulling the old object-gets-in-the-way-of-bullet trick (bullet bounced off watch and grazed Mayuri's calves)? Just wondering about the watch, here. I do think she died, but the watch confuses me. (I mean she wouldn't be the first one in the show. Kurisu died first.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 03:36   Link #1933
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

^Through the cellphone.

More Chanxco avatars:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-06-23 at 11:51. Reason: Do not use spoiler tags to hide images...
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 05:21   Link #1934
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
That's what I got, too. Plus: the 48-hour limit is a limit of the brain biology, not of the technology: if the brain states are too different, the transfer won't work (or might drive you mad).

What I don't get is:

a) where do they send the data to? I mean what's the phone number of your brain.

b) How does the brain receive the data? Do they envelope your head in an electromagnetic cloud? Talk about a headache...

c) How does the brain extract the compressed data?

Oh, well. No point thinking too deeply about this.

Also, does receiving future memories maybe create a "reading Steiner" (through intertemporal quantum entanglement, maybe?)?

Finally, are we sure Mayuri is dead? What's with the watch which is sent flying and we get a shot of it broken? Is that a reminder that it stopped earlier, symbolising time run out, or are they pulling the old object-gets-in-the-way-of-bullet trick (bullet bounced off watch and grazed Mayuri's calves)? Just wondering about the watch, here. I do think she died, but the watch confuses me. (I mean she wouldn't be the first one in the show. Kurisu died first.)
Let's try answering these without spoiling too much.

Spoiler for Comparison to the Game:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-06-23 at 11:55. Reason: If you're comparing to the game, you must use properly-labeled spoiler tags.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 06:16   Link #1935
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Question guys...
What is this FB that Moeka is muttering about...

And I'm looking forward for Episode 13 because of this...

Okabe x Mayuri = Homura x Madoka (Even though I'm a Okarin x Kurisu shipper...)
Old 2011-06-23, 07:25   Link #1936
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Question guys...
What is this FB that Moeka is muttering about...

And I'm looking forward for Episode 13 because of this...

Okabe x Mayuri = Homura x Madoka (Even though I'm a Okarin x Kurisu shipper...)
she was muttering for FaceBook luls
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 07:46   Link #1937
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Spoiler for Comparison screenshot to the scene in the game:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-06-23 at 12:01. Reason: Please use a properly-labeled spoiler tag
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 07:53   Link #1938
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
I already missed tutturu~
Dammit, I've had the Imperial Tuturu March going through my head all morning now!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-06-23 at 12:04. Reason: Removed the pointless spoiler tag in the quote
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 08:14   Link #1939
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Just Google "Kurisu T shirt." There's also a grey and black version.
Ok just saw the price. Now excuse me while I go cry in a corner since that's absolutely insane!

for those curious: it's 35 to 45 bucks!
Old 2011-06-23, 08:35   Link #1940
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

*Computes 45 Dollars to Philippine Peso...*
Oh goddammit...
*curls in a corner and weeps bitterly...*
(for the curious... I'll be going to spend 2,500 Pesos if I decided to get one...)

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation