AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Old 2012-11-22, 13:08   Link #101
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Yes, I do find the gags funny. Let me ask you something instead. How do you know the extent of that certain compromise? You sound like you know everything about it. Ok, something you wanted to be hinted at was not hinted at yet. But there's plenty of episodes left to do it. Is it enough to already judge the direction of the story and say that certain plot device will be ignored in the anime? To me, it's not. So, am I missing something?
What do you want? For me to tell you one of the important plot devices and ruin the overall story? If that's your desire, then direct yourself to spoiler threads, don't be taking it out on me. In my own personal opinion, I do believe you're missing something.

This so called "hint" as you call it is not something you can just toss into later episodes, it's something that needs to get built up throughout the entire series. Now the story is not exactly ruined, but the overall effect is greatly lowered, and I do mean greatly. This is what my complaint is based on.

Let me put it this way, this will not be related to LB at all, it's just an example as to what I'm trying to say. Take almost any kind of shoujo series, have the female MC spend most of her time falling in love male MC "A" and hardly notices male MC "B." The usual fall in and out of love happens, male MC "B" is still pretty much unknown to the female MC. Now all of a sudden, female MC falls in love with Male MC "B" in the last episode, the end. Now, there was no prior build up throughout the show that indicated that female MC would go in that direction. Would this be acceptable? Would this make sense?

Spoiler for Example from Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-22 at 16:34.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 19:59   Link #102
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think KyoAni has one particular strength that makes it ideal for adaptations of long VNs. And that's that KyoAni is very good at sort of "papering over" boring sections of a story.

The clearest example of this is actually not a VN adaption, but rather the Hyouka one.

KyoAni is good at using visual flair and creativity to make even the dullest of episodes at least mildly enjoyable and noteworthy.

JC Staff doesn't have that though, and in fairness, most animation studios don't.

So I think what KyoAni was able to do was make the slow, long build-up of the Key narratives seem as good as they possibly could be. It made their more lackluster moments seem decently entertaining and noteworthy at least.
It depends, and I have to admit JC staff wasn't going to have an easy time, since adapting the thing is very cumbersome and not easily handled. It's just that I wanted to point out that Kyoto Animation also had a very hard time creating a coherent narrative too. They did though. I'm just not fond of "omfg Kyoani could have done infinitely better" To me, Kyoto Animation wins by default when it comes to Key stuff. Unless you want to watch Toei's Clannad, or as I call it "Attack of the Lens Flare"

But you are right. They often did cover up its weaker points with more polish. For one, Key original designs for the first three games were not good at all, lol.

On the other hand, there's some really bad original material that they had added in too. And of course, a lot of complaints tend to be directed at the endings, simply because it's quite hard to combine them all into something that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I tried (see the threads on Episodes 3 and 6), while trying to avoid speculating (and attracting the attention of the spoilermasters).
I don't think most of the people are interested in my opinions.
Be more interesting then. Just kidding. There are many people that read forums and do not respond, so just to let you know... some people might be agreeing with you.

Quote:
Lack of animation doesn't actually bug me that much. It's when things go off-scale or faces up-close go derpy that my jimmies get rustled.
Those would cross the line into very bad animation (lol Deen). But lack of animation gives a stuttery feel and feels cheap. When you compare it to Pet no whatever which is airing at the same time, it really shows.

That's one thing Kyoto is good at-- using that fluid animation to compensate for umm whatever else is missing.

And that's one thing I'd like to shoot back at Triple on the last part of his post. I think the greatest strength of Kyoani is simply to not look bad when it's bad (sup Endless Eight) JC Staff well...

Spoiler for Analogy:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-11-22 at 20:15.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 21:49   Link #103
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@snuffle and bigdeal000: Humor is totally subjective. Even outright comedies may not be able to tickle your funny bones, but it's not the fault of the show itself. Honestly, I find Masato's "kinniku yay yay" and the overall humor of the Little Busters gang amusing.

Quote:
Be more interesting then. Just kidding. There are many people that read forums and do not respond, so just to let you know... some people might be agreeing with you.
Hopefully, they would at least make their support visible in words. Not that I'm advocating circlejerking, though. I just wanted those anime-only watchers who enjoy the series to speak out more.

Quote:
But lack of animation gives a stuttery feel and feels cheap.
I'm completely used to that (see Bakemonogatari, aka "Microsoft PowerPoint, the animated series").
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 00:37   Link #104
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm completely used to that (see Bakemonogatari, aka "Microsoft PowerPoint, the animated series").
Not a good example for me lol. When I first saw the tv version, my thought was "this shit is unwatchable"

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 14:04   Link #105
Dirty_Harry

Quote:
Fate/Stay Night is similar - Saber and Rin are the only two serious contenders for Shirou. I vaguely recall a fanservicey episode or two where other girls hit on Shirou, but Shirou never really shows an interest in any girl other than Saber or Rin.
This is wrong. Sakura's route is probably the most important route.

And everything you said is not true for Little Busters, since the multiples routes and connections is extremely important to the main plot, unlike most romance VNs as Mashiro-Iro.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 12:00   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just realized that Komari's seiyuu (Natsumi Yanase) whom I hated so much in the anime voiced Chihiro in Ef. I had always assumed that was Yuko Goto all these years...

I actually liked her in Ef, so it's weird I can't stand her voice now. I should listen to her performance in Ef again to find out if it's any different.
Old 2012-12-21, 00:02   Link #107
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Spoiler for Analogy:
And Madhouse would outsource the whole act to China and/or Korea
Old 2013-01-09, 15:24   Link #108
Serphirs

lol
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...sters-tv-anime
Serphirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 15:24   Link #109
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Crunchyroll got this as a simulcast starting with Episode 14. I imagine that CR will have the first 13 episodes up within a few weeks to a month.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-busters-anime
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 23:14   Link #110
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And Sentai gets anther one
Old 2013-01-18, 04:38   Link #111
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Three popular phrases were voted (during niconama) by the fans to be shouted out in the background during battle scenes: "Bibidi-Babidi-Boo", "If it helps, use my muscle too!", and "Wait- Not there-".
Old 2013-01-19, 23:48   Link #112
Kudryavka

Late, but I'm glad Little Busters finally got an anime after we'd been waiting for so long! I hope they do EX as well
Spoiler for I guess a spoiler for new fans?:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 10:57   Link #113
alunde
osananajimi

For more romance, I like what was done with Amagami: treating each main girl as an independent arc: but that doesn't allow much scope for a "common route" and over-all plot, except for cameo appearances, and things like the school festival.

I suppose that wouldn't work here.
Old 2013-01-20, 17:38   Link #114
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunde View Post
For more romance, I like what was done with Amagami: treating each main girl as an independent arc: but that doesn't allow much scope for a "common route" and over-all plot, except for cameo appearances, and things like the school festival.

I suppose that wouldn't work here.
It could. Animate the common route first, and each route as seemingly independent... and as this is a no spoiler thread, I'd end here. The Amagami style was actually, IMO one of the better ways to handle Little Busters.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:49   Link #115
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Crunchyroll will have the first two episodes available tomorrow at 6 pm. PST/ 9 pm EST. They'll post 2 to 3 episodes every week after that until they catch up with what they have already streamed.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...e-busters-1-13

I am glad that I will be able to start watching this anime starting this weekend(since I don't like using fansubs) and have been wanting to watch more Key anime.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:56   Link #116
Kudryavka

Sasami episodes confirmed?!
Old 2013-02-18, 11:43   Link #117
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
So, wait...

Spoiler for Possible game spoilers?:

Little Busters - The show were every girl either wants to get into Riki's pants or wants to bully the girls that do.
Old 2013-02-18, 11:57   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
So, wait...

Little Busters - The show were every girl either wants to get into Riki's pants or wants to bully the girls that do.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-18, 13:06   Link #119
Kudryavka

Quote:
So, wait...

What can I say, girls got a thing for bishounen and moe boys. I think for some it would be a dream come true to have fun with a pretty boy

But seriously, that is just how eroge work. Every girl wants to get into your pants, even when you're playing a character eons lamer than coolio cutesy Riki.
Old 2013-02-18, 13:46   Link #120
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
What can I say, girls got a thing for bishounen and moe boys. I think for some it would be a dream come true to have fun with a pretty boy

But seriously, that is just how eroge work.
Really? Because Clannad and Kanon had named girls that had no arc or route with Tomoya/Yuichi. At least their anime shows had such girls. And for me, that made their anime worlds more realistic and hence easier to buy into.