AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 07:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka [LN/M] - Character Speculation/Theories: Lina

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all speculation, theories, and general discussion related to Lina.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourites.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for characters you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel or Social Groups.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 09:35.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 13:22   Link #2
nosaer

Even Tatsuya himself admitted that Lina could've got him. she didn't, but it was a very close fight between 2 people not trying to kill each other...and if you look at it that way, then He hasn't fought a top notch magician who actually was trying to kill him.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 09:38.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 13:51   Link #3
Echizen777

Tatsuya was at complete disadvantage against Lina there. Gram Dispersion was useless, her attacks too fast and he needed to stay concentrated so that he could bypass Parade. Even six shots of his Decomposition only made thin holes on her. Makes me wonder why Lina didn't use Parade against Miyuki. She can even maintain it under her ZI...
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 14:18   Link #4
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya was at complete disadvantage against Lina there. Gram Dispersion was useless, her attacks too fast and he needed to stay concentrated so that he could bypass Parade. Even six shots of his Decomposition only made thin holes on her. Makes me wonder why Lina didn't use Parade against Miyuki. She can even maintain it under her ZI...
Tatsuya's intention was to just make thin holes on her, not decompose her whole body. Lina didn't use Parade against Miyuki because that would be useless. Miyuki's specialized in wide area magic, Parade only prevents Lina's Eidos to be direct targeted by magics like 'Mist Dispersal' and 'Rupture'.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 14:28   Link #5
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
The reason Tatsuya didn't use gram dispersion on Heavy Metal Burst was to avoid the plasma dispersing

Spoiler for Gram Dispersal and Heavy Metal Burst:

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 09:40.
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 15:11   Link #6
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Tatsuya's intention was to just make thin holes on her, not decompose her whole body. Lina didn't use Parade against Miyuki because that would be useless. Miyuki's specialized in wide area magic, Parade only prevents Lina's Eidos to be direct targeted by magics like 'Mist Dispersal' and 'Rupture'.
He didn't want to kill her so he aimed for specific points to knock her out. 4 shots managed to do thin holes, meaning that 2 were nullified and 4 made only thin holes instead of a big one like contrarily to Blanche's minions. Lina's barrier us THAT strong. Parade would have been useful because it is an enhnced DF and DF is the classic CM to prevent event modification/magic. Even Shizuku's DF could nuliffy some of Miyuki's attacks. And according to V9 there areonly 2 ways to break it. It would have been extremely useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post
The reason Tatsuya didn't use gram dispersion on Heavy Metal Burst was to avoid the plasma dispersing

Yeah, so it was useless and given the speed of her attacks he would have never been able to nuliffy any
beam with Gram Demolition, without taking in account how hard it would be to counter Lina's attacks. The parasites were using self acceleration and superpowers in the spoilers.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 09:41.
Old 2014-05-18, 17:03   Link #7
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
He didn't want to kill her so he aimed for specific points to knock her out. 4 shots managed to do thin holes, meaning that 2 were nullified and 4 made only thin holes instead of a big one like contrarily to Blanche's minions. Lina's barrier us THAT strong. Parade would have been useful because it is an enhnced DF and DF is the classic CM to prevent event modification/magic. Even Shizuku's DF could nuliffy some of Miyuki's attacks. And according to V9 there areonly 2 ways to break it. It would have been extremely useful.
The size of Lina's wounds were the same as the guys from Blanche. Tatsuya intended to just make the holes thin, why make them bigger? The size of the holes had nothing to do with Lina's barrier.

Parade just alters and disguise the user's Eidos. It does not protect the user from physical attacks. For example, Parade cannot protect the user from the cold air produced by Niflheim.
Old 2014-05-18, 17:28   Link #8
Echizen777

Ophis: The holes were microscopic and only 4 managed to bypass it. Miyuki's cold wind is formed by magic so by preventing event modification, you are protected. Parade is even better than DF.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 10:13.
Old 2014-05-18, 17:44   Link #9
Ophis
Dragon God

Quote:
Ophis: The holes were microscopic and only 4 managed to bypass it. Miyuki's cold wind is formed by magic so by preventing event modification, you are protected. Parade is even better than DF.
The size of the holes was the intended result. I don't get what you're getting at.

DF prevents your Eidos of being altered by magic, it does not prevent you from receiving magical attacks.

Vol 9 Chapter 7
Quote:
Unfortunately, I simply don't have the skill to cast area effect magic.
Tatsuya himself said that area effect magic would had work.
Old 2014-05-18, 20:15   Link #10
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakiri View Post

Which supports the claim "Lina's casting speed is faster than Gram Dispersion"

Since he acknowledged the threat of HMB, he would have prevented the magic sequence from completion IF HE COULD. In this case, he didn't decompose magic sequence because decomposing it now would have made thing worse. If he's really faster than Lina, he should have decomposed HMB when the its magic sequence was still in constructing period but the fact that his only option is to decompose its already completed magic sequence or not could be implied that Lina's casting speed has surpassed Tatsuya's Gram Dispersion.

P.S. but why we are discussing this? shouldn't this go to Visitor Arc or Character Power threads?
Old 2014-05-18, 22:29   Link #11
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Which supports the claim "Lina's casting speed is faster than Gram Dispersion"

Since he acknowledged the threat of HMB, he would have prevented the magic sequence from completion IF HE COULD. In this case, he didn't decompose magic sequence because decomposing it now would have made thing worse. If he's really faster than Lina, he should have decomposed HMB when the its magic sequence was still in constructing period but the fact that his only option is to decompose its already completed magic sequence or not could be implied that Lina's casting speed has surpassed Tatsuya's Gram Dispersion.

P.S. but why we are discussing this? shouldn't this go to Visitor Arc or Character Power threads?
I think Lina deserves her own character thread, personally. She's one of Tatsuya's peer mages that posses a threat to Tatsuya.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-19, 02:17   Link #12
Echizen777

Quote:
The size of the holes was the intended result. I don't get what you're getting at.

DF prevents your Eidos of being altered by magic, it does not prevent you from receiving magical attacks.

Vol 9 Chapter 7

Tatsuya himself said that area effect magic would had work.
She asked him if he could have not locate her and attack and he responded thay he can't use. AOE magic. Tatsuya didn't even locate her. He used a non magical attack to hit the true body. It was said that her Parade can even stay under Miyuki's ZI. This is another proof that AOE don't necesarily work. True AOE can be good if you attack in an area where the dummy and the true body are located but thz attack power will decide everything. DF is the classic CM, magic attacks work by altery the information body of the target. To prevent it, you use DF and you are safe but it's useless against normal attacks. Tatsuya's magic worked perfectly against Blanche. Against Lina 2 were nullified and 4 stuck to her limbs until they managed to dig microscopic holes. Had it worked perfectly, she would have lost consciousness nonetheless.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-19 at 09:44.
Old 2014-05-21, 08:28   Link #13
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Here's my theory: Lina will play the Judas Iscariot of the 12 Apostles. And will find herself on the side of Satan(Tatsuya) and Cocytus(Miyuki).
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 10:06   Link #14
IceHism

2nd fav girl. She better appear again. She is too cool not to.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 10:27   Link #15
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
2nd fav girl. She better appear again. She is too cool not to.
Indeed. She's guaranteed another appearance. You don't write a girl this awesome only to cast her away after just one arc. She'll play a major role in the future.
Old 2014-05-22, 18:16   Link #16
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

OK, I just discovered something awesome.

Sirius is intimately tied to the Shiva mythology. I'm going to look more into this and see what it may have to do with the story, but for now here's what I have:

1) Shiva is the lord of Sirius.

2) The star Sirius is the star of Shiva.

3) The black dog(Sirius) is just a much as symbol of Shiva as the White Bull (Nandi). And accompanies him in his wrathful aspects.

There's a little more but I'm having trouble phrasing it right. Anyway, I think it's worth looking into. (Actually, this might partially explain her Kali connection, because Kali is a wrathful aspect of Shakti(Parvati) and the black dog, Sirius, accompanies Shiva only when he's in his destructive mode.
Old 2014-05-22, 19:25   Link #17
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post

Sirius is intimately tied to the Shiva mythology. I'm going to look more into this and see what it may have to do with the story, but for now here's what I have:

3) The black dog(Sirius) is just a much as symbol of Shiva as the White Bull (Nandi). And accompanies him in his wrathful aspects.

There's a little more but I'm having trouble phrasing it right. Anyway, I think it's worth looking into. (Actually, this might partially explain her Kali connection, because Kali is a wrathful aspect of Shakti(Parvati) and the black dog, Sirius, accompanies Shiva only when he's in his destructive mode.
hmmm now that u say this this kind of made me think lina and tatsuya will go on a full blown war with country no a slaughter of a country or Continent
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 05:31   Link #18
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post

Oh, very interesting! Well I guess this confirms Lina's coming back as Tatsuya's ally - maybe during some kind of large-scale conflict?
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 06:03   Link #19
Ophis
Dragon God

I think it would be nice to see Tatsuya going to the USNA on a mission to help Lina. It would be refreshing to see Tatsuya infiltrating a foreign nation.
Old 2014-05-23, 06:51   Link #20
Chris38

Quote:
I think it would be nice to see Tatsuya going to the USNA on a mission to help Lina. It would be refreshing to see Tatsuya infiltrating a foreign nation.
Unfortunately, I doubt that the Yotsuba / Japanese military / government will let Tatsuya do something like that.

Especially, if his reason for traveling aboard would be something that is going to further mess up the delicate balance that the Mahouka world was in ... before Tatsuya 'accidentally' killed one of the 13 Apostles...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote