AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 4 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 47.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-24, 08:53   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 13!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-12-25, 12:56   Link #2
Mentar
Banned

*lol*

Oh my god, Machs catches himself a firecracker ^_^

Yes, "filler", but I don't mind this one in the least. Pure enjoyment!
Old 2006-12-26, 01:15   Link #3
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Screenshots from episode 13 courtesy of Random Curiosity. Don't look at it if you don't want to be spoiled! (not like some of you are gonna listen to me )
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-26, 07:53   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

First time in ages for this show that I considered pulling a 9. In the end I settled for 8, but that was an excellent ep. Besides, it's difficult not to like Septieme...

And the best part of all: WE'RE BACK AT THE MAIN ARC! Episode 14 obviously kicks off the main storyline, and I've got a hunch that this one will be pursued for a long while without side distractions.

Nice!
Old 2006-12-26, 11:53   Link #5
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Yep, I hugely enjoyed this ep also. Saitou Chiwa as Septieme-hime was awesome, I hope she returns later in the series. Nurse Rosette's back too, with a re-enforced bottle this time.

Next week though looks back on track with the Flammenwerfers from the OP.
Old 2006-12-26, 19:27   Link #6
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Nurse Rosette's back too, with a re-enforced bottle this time.
LOL that was all i need to consider giving this ep a 10 ~ cant wait to watch

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-26, 21:14   Link #7
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Nurse Rosette's back too, with a re-enforced bottle this time.
Eighth sign of the Apocalypse: Furudanuki makes a prediction (from back in episode #5 no less) that actually comes true. The world will be ending shortly. Please mute your cell phones. Have a nice day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
I won't be surprised if your demand is met. Given how often Oland gets injured, he will probably be in and out of the hospital on a regular basis. The script writers might very well decide to make the nurse's determination to "get a sample this time no matter what!" into a recurring joke for comic relief.
Old 2006-12-27, 08:42   Link #8
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

There's an official favourite character poll on the website, and with only one appearance Septieme-hime is third, behind Alice in second and Orland, way ahead in first. Machs and Mercury-go tie at fourth place
Old 2006-12-27, 20:14   Link #9
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rough Yet Delicious

This was an enjoyable episode for not saying that it was a waste. Quite on the contrary it was productive on the scene that we see another side of politics dealt in that fictional historical period.

Loderia's dissent is basically derived from skirmishes between members of its own royalty. The kingdom is severely fractured in regards to injunctions of its own political base, because all heirs competitively vie for the throne disregarding the value of their blood relations.
In summary, history has taught the Loderian to pick up as a habit to use their neighbors weaknesses in respect to terms of one's own character, social skills, professional proficciency, the political context, and the monarchy to one own advantage.

I cannot stop feeling sorry a great bit for Septiéme, because she has experienced a fearful and unstable childhood and has grown to get use to intimidate others by means of psychological extortion, blackmail, or emotional breakdown, due since she's still a child, in order for her survival.

Ok. Casting aside the explanation, Septiéme makes the episode itself a solid worth, and Machs becoming the babysitter commoner to please her demands cannot make it to fail either.

As I have given serious thoughts, after learning that Chiwa Saito was the seiyuu who provided Septiéme's voice, IMO she's just as spunky and selfishly unrestrained just like Hazuki from Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~.
Septiéme even makes use of her royal status to boast a position of power to intimidate the poor pedestrians crossing her paths.

On the other hand, I cannot quite explain it properly, but she also reminded me of Rosetta from Kaleido Star.

In the physical aspects, Septiéme is quite comparable mainly to C.C. and likely Shirley from Code GEASS, and on a minor comparison to Hazuki, who I alreay mentioned before. Lastly, another minor comparison to Teletha Testarrosa from Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid! in reference to the same hair color.

There were GOLDEN moments in the episode:

1. Septiéme french kissing Machs. Oreld proved my suspicions for me.
2. Stekkin's frenetic face at the steering wheel.
3. Nurse fourth... or is it the fifth? failed attempt to extract another sample from Oland.

One of other thing that I liked the episode was because how Septiéme is introduced at the very beginning, which makes the audience believe initially that she's an antagonist or villain but was later proven she's not.

BTW, at the very end of the previous episode Leonil was having a toast with another man.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-27, 22:30   Link #10
wakingisaiah

won't download?

for some reason i am getting a tracker error. I haven't gotten one of these in like forever. any ideas how to get around this?
Old 2006-12-27, 23:46   Link #11
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

LOLI LIEKS SOLDIER

That was above average for a PS filler ep, but I still didn't think it was great, mostly because it was fairly predictable up until near the end. I also couldn't get past how backward the customs of Septiéme's country were. It did seem a bit much that sibling rivalries were encouraged, to the point that family members murder each other for the sake of ambition, etc, etc. I didn't find it totally realistic, which is something that is fairly important in establishing universes like the setting of PS, IMO.

Other than that, this ep got a lot of yawns from me until the kiss at the end. More than half way through and only now beginning to touch on the main plot means that this show has gone far too slow.
Old 2006-12-28, 04:06   Link #12
DrewGSR

decent filler episode, glad to see were back on track for the next episode.
Old 2006-12-28, 06:59   Link #13
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Man... the Pumpkin Scissors forums look so lonely. Do so many people really dislike it that much? I find myself enjoying all the episodes so far.

I highly enjoyed this episode, although it felt a little bit rushed.

Narf.
Old 2006-12-28, 07:09   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
weee loli

have to admit that Septiéme is indeed quite cute ^_^ but there is also this "adult" side towards her personality in that she has to take a lot of grown up strain on her shoulders ~ as machs has said she is somewat like alice

highlights ~
if anyone here has seen RM plz tell me...doesnt she just look like suigintou? O.o

Spoiler for cute:

Spoiler for the kiss:

and oh hell
Spoiler:

for a filler its the best ive seen so far

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-28, 07:17   Link #15
Skane
Anime Snark

Just for kicks,

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-28, 09:33   Link #16
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
highlights ~
if anyone here has seen RM plz tell me...doesnt she just look like suigintou? O.o

Yeah in one or two shots she does look like Gin. That one of her with her hair over her eyes especially. Personalities are completely polar though I'm not a huge RM fan, liked the first series though. I'll check out the OAV when it get subbed properly.Uh-oh off topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Man... the Pumpkin Scissors forums look so lonely. Do so many people really dislike it that much? I find myself enjoying all the episodes so far...
Hopefully as we move back into the main story next week things will pick up. I don't think those who have been watching PS since ep 1 have abandoned it, they just wish it would get on with the main story rather than these stand alone character driven episodes.
Old 2006-12-28, 12:39   Link #17
Skane
Anime Snark

A quick question to the manga readers. Does Lt. Webner have a thing or two for Machs? She appeared to be acting all jealous or stuff at the end of the episode.

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-28, 12:49   Link #18
Jer
(((( _°Д°)))~hwat!?

Send a message via MSN to Jer
Quote:
Man... the Pumpkin Scissors forums look so lonely. Do so many people really dislike it that much? I find myself enjoying all the episodes so far.
Probably because the previous episodes were so boring that nobody even bother to post. To others, it might just be a waste of time. Few of my friends already quited PS but I'm still clinging to it hoping for something nice at the end. :3

Alright, this filler wasn't that bad after all mainly because I just love lolis with white hair. I must admit Septiéme is cute BUT deadly. She kinda reminds me of Ilya from FSN.
Overall, and enjoyable episode.
Old 2006-12-28, 17:32   Link #19
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thumbs up

Well I was going to give up on the show one point aswell...I think it was the one with the cabin in the snowy mountains or some such. But after this episode im glad I stuck it out.

Although saying its the best filler episode yet probably isnt a great achievement to most it was still one of the most enjoyable episode of PS for me yet. The princess was cute...the kiss was unexpected...and the bottle returned.

Throw in alittle crazy driving and a few scenes to prove that machs isnt just a bookworm and im more then satisfied.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2006-12-28, 17:36   Link #20
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
A quick question to the manga readers. Does Lt. Webner have a thing or two for Machs? She appeared to be acting all jealous or stuff at the end of the episode.

Cheers.

Yeah, I want to know too, she seem to display the classic, "I'm-pretending-to-tease-you-by-stranglation-because-really-im-jealous-and-i-want-to-punish-you-HARD" kinda fixed smile on her face.

Ah, i love those types of females, especially since that red hair lass, is the "laid-back/cool" type.
plus when she was leaning on Mach, you can really see she has some fine pair of puppies.....