AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 21:09   Link #4361
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Actually I am looking for a team to adopt(become fan of), I dont want to run to Man U because they are a global brand. I know that somebody was tell me to join Liverpool and they do have a nice squad.
Rising and Kira gave good advice.

Personally I've never chosen a side in the EPL, as I don't have any personal ties. I just watch the imo most interesting fixture in a given week, same for the Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:41   Link #4362
justavisitor

you don't need to choose a team, at the right moment you will know which team to support.

I always like Man U a bit more than other team, but not by much. But after I witnessed the amazing comeback by Man United at 1999 first hand (in front of TV of course XD), I know I will never cheer for other super team (like Braca) when they play against Man United

It's also how I become a fan of michael schumacher after I see his superb drive in wet back in 1995 Belgian Grand Prix. (lol I think I just leak out my age info XD)

So just enjoy watching the game, no need to become a fan in a hurry, when the time comes you will know which team to support, even when the team is not doing well
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 21:42   Link #4363
ChampDream
Alive

....so nobody here saw how Real Madrid said good bye to la copa del rey
Old 2013-05-18, 06:36   Link #4364
Bri

I've only seen a match summary. Real apparently hit the post like 3 times, and there was a lot of drama.
Old 2013-05-18, 10:07   Link #4365
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Actually I am looking for a team to adopt(become fan of), I dont want to run to Man U because they are a global brand. I know that somebody was tell me to join Liverpool and they do have a nice squad.
Hmm, a little advice. You dont become a fan of a club because someone told you to.
You need to watch the game more often. Find a club that is matched to your feeling. Either because that team has your favourite player / coach, or either because you like the team policy.

And I seconded risingstar3110's suggestion. Watch football game for another year. Don't limit it to EPL, but also Serie A, Bundesliga, Primera Division, or any other division you love to watch.

If you need any assistance, feel free to post it on this thread.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:42   Link #4366
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just realised all winning managers in EPL last two seasons probably will be gone by the start of the next....

- 2011/12 League Cup winner: Kenny Daglish, sacked
- 2011/12 CL and FA cup winner: Di Mateo Sacked
- 2011/12 EPL winner: Mancini sacked
- 2012/13 EPL winner: Alex Ferguson retired
- 2012/13 Europa winner: Benitez, leaving for permanent job
- 2012/13 FA Cup winner: Matinez, club relegated , gonna move some where?
- 2012/13 League Cup winner: Laudrup, gonna moves somewhere too?
Old 2013-05-18, 16:18   Link #4367
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Arsenal is.... well being rumoured to start spending at last.... Or they really head for self destruction if keeps not winning anything...
It's been a painful eight-year drought but Arsenal is quite a ways off from self-destruction.

As for Laudrup, I hope he stays; he's good for the league.
Old 2013-05-18, 17:27   Link #4368
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Actually, I need some help, I decided to start getting into EPL/J-League since my love for NBA is almost gone and I need something new plus last World Cup was awesome. I been doing the research about it, if yall have any good recommendations, i am all ears.
I don't follow club team these days, the only thing I really follow strongly is my national team and my favorite players in Europe. Ji Sung Park was my favorite player of all time, when he played fro Utd I followed them very strongly. After he left I just didn't care about them. I think at least finding a player you really like is a start, then perhaps you can start to love certain club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
- 2012/13 League Cup winner: Laudrup, gonna moves somewhere too?
He mentioned this before and he most likely won't. His reasoning was that after working so hard for so many years in one club then finally move to a big club, you are likely to be fired after few years for one bad season. He does not like that kind of environment and would rather stay in a smaller team like Swansea, where he would have more stability. Frankly, I agree with him. Most clubs these days are nuts and don't understand the meaning of stability.
Old 2013-05-18, 20:02   Link #4369
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@TD
Well, that starts when the era of glamourous clubs (clubs being bought by powerful tycoon all around the world), first being the example of Chelsea.
Most of them want an instant success.
If they want stability, they wont invest a lot of money to make transfer rate and wage rate gone up in a nuts...

And because of that, player have definite say of where he wants to play (where the highest bidder is). Remember Robinho, Eden Hazard, or Hulk case?
Old 2013-05-18, 20:18   Link #4370
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Wow, those are some very cool replies and I will take them to heart. For right now, I probably be checking out Liverpool, they are a young team and they are going to get better, but I will be on hear chatting up with y'all folks. I do check out MLS time to time (underrated) and I do cheer for the Seattle Sounders from time to time.
Old 2013-05-19, 04:28   Link #4371
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Neki Ecko
You might want to watch tonight's MU game. After all, this is the last game of MU under SAF's hand.

And I am praying that Arsenal will get a win in Newcastle. Finishing above Tottenham and get a CL qualification is a must...
Old 2013-05-19, 06:21   Link #4372
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

-glances up at all the Prem talk-

Pfft, the league below the Premier League is where it's at. nPower Championship all the way

I mean, just look at this:

(TOWN is my team, Huddersfield). Talk about a mental final day.

There was drama at the top too with Hull and Watford fighting for promotion, whilst Leicester, Bolton and Nottingham Forest all competed for the final play-off spot.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 10:53   Link #4373
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
@Neki Ecko
You might want to watch tonight's MU game. After all, this is the last game of MU under SAF's hand.

And I am praying that Arsenal will get a win in Newcastle. Finishing above Tottenham and get a CL qualification is a must...
i am looking at the Arsenal/Newcastle battle and I am quite like it, there was a few times that Arsenal almost scored, its very exciting .
Old 2013-05-19, 14:43   Link #4374
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
@Neki Ecko
The attack did great today, but the back 4 and the goalkeeper were total rubbish today. To me, there's no excuse in wasting a 3-goal lead even when there's nothing at stakes or even when the boss is asking the players to have fun.

Phil Jones and Jonny Evans better be ready for harder times ahead... because David Moyes won't allow such mistake-prone players to continue like that without some serious time in the doghouse.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 14:50   Link #4375
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
@Neki Ecko

Mission accomplished. Now, let's this truly is the summer Wenger really splashes some cash.
Old 2013-05-19, 14:58   Link #4376
Bri

Tottenham again didn't make it. They're probably going to lose Bale as well.
Old 2013-05-19, 15:27   Link #4377
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Tottenham again didn't make it. They're probably going to lose Bale as well.
And with all the talk about going into a bigger club should Spurs don't make it, the rumor mill won't stop at all before the transfer window is shut.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 17:23   Link #4378
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
And with all the talk about going into a bigger club should Spurs don't make it, the rumor mill won't stop at all before the transfer window is shut.
that's how it always is. every summer. and bale scored another bale-esque goal today. haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:10   Link #4379
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah too bad Arsenal didnt get a third place.
I feel last night Arsenal play a really really save (eventhough it is still bad for my heart) game.
But I really appreciate Koscielny performance last night.

Hope we will see him remain at Arsenal next season.
Bring in new RB (as Sagna 99% will leave), DM (to rotate between Arteta), and CF.
And please dont sell current first XI...
And sell those deadwood still eating Arsenal's wage...
Old 2013-05-20, 02:00   Link #4380
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Being an Arsenal fan is suffering (thank Saint Arsène for Koscielny!), but tonight I'd at least sleep well knowing that being a Spurs fan is worse.

Their best performance in decades, with their best squad in so long, and a struggling Arsenal that lost its captain and best goalscorer in yet another summer drama *still* got over them by one point!

Plus, us Arsenal fans won't have to look forward to yet another messy transfer saga while Spurs will feel the pain of what we went through with Bale.

Now it's up to Wenger and the board to really do something big this transfer season and set the team up for a serious challenge next season. Mancini is gone; Ferguson has retired; Rafa will leave and The Special One will need time to settle in. All the big title challengers are in transition. If there's ever a moment to regain initiative...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer