AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 123 54.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 31.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.88%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-11, 12:48   Link #21
M.D. Geist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
How about watching Haruhi suck (at the game that is) and 10% of the people here understanding why she does. Answer: It's a personality quirk (I too tend to pool my stats into strength and speed in most games that let me, but that's because I focus on not getting hit which I'm really good at if you've ever seen me play DMC 3. Anyway though you can't do that in Strategy games like this, SRW maybe but not a fleet battle game.).
Before the ppl here could clear all my questions, at least 2 days would have passed
Old 2006-06-11, 12:49   Link #22
Akyra

a lil off topic, but what's the name of the anime for the screencaps above suzumiya screencaps from the 2chan link?
Old 2006-06-11, 13:14   Link #23
BChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra
a lil off topic, but what's the name of the anime for the screencaps above suzumiya screencaps from the 2chan link?
I think it is called Sunflower (by direct translation of the title)
Old 2006-06-11, 13:31   Link #24
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
*More of this and soon, we will see Haruhi Wars...*
Old 2006-06-11, 14:29   Link #25
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Or MS Gundam in pre-MS days.
(and of all things... live alive next XD)...
whoa.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-11, 14:52   Link #26
Omniscient

Episode 11 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-11, 14:55   Link #27
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I know this is porobably not considered important compared to the space battles...

But just to point out, the board game Kyon and Itsuki are playing at the start of the episode involves a Go board and Go play pieces, but they are NOT playing Go.

They are playing Gomoku; put it simply, it's "connect five".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomoku

You can tell the difference even from a distance, because most Gomoku games has a cluster in the center rather than Go, where it's traditionally starts from near one of the edges.
Old 2006-06-11, 15:02   Link #28
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

They were supposively playing go... in the novel. This would be a variation from the book. Mikuru boiling tea is intact in the story (much shortened initial dialog though). Haruhi coming in though was more intact.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-11, 15:11   Link #29
M.D. Geist

anyone got the go screenshot ?
cant analyze if its really go with epi10 ...

Playing in the center of a 19x19 go board isnt really that strange, although pros prefer the corners

looking at the position in epi 10 i thought of a fierce go battle game ^^
Old 2006-06-11, 15:11   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

BwahHAHAHAHAHA!!!
At 15:37, Haruhi demanded a Gundam launch, which doesn't exist in the game. We got an extremely pixelated/censored image of an RX-78-2 Gundam launching!
Old 2006-06-11, 15:14   Link #31
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Is this a reference to one of the Star Trek movies? 8)

Spoiler:

It was hilarious seeing Yuki wave the mouse in the air, trying to figure the interface out. 8)
Old 2006-06-11, 15:19   Link #32
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The counterhack scene was absolutely wicked. Part of combat remind of Nadesico for some reason... hehe. (Gravity Blast anyone?) Although a bit of Yamato in that too.

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-06-11 at 15:35.
Old 2006-06-11, 15:21   Link #33
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
BwahHAHAHAHAHA!!!
At 15:37, Haruhi demanded a Gundam launch, which doesn't exist in the game. We got an extremely pixelated/censored image of an RX-78-2 Gundam launching!
Hilarious stuff now that I know what happened lol. My sides hurt after the shot of the panicking neko man crew on Mikuru's ship
Old 2006-06-11, 15:37   Link #34
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Oh, there appears to be a rather major change in the game...

The computer club team had two cheats turned on when they played. The full-map cheat, and the teleport hack.

In the novel, Yuki deactivated the map cheat. Since none of the CC team had done any exploring, they effectively went completely blind. This part matches the anime.

In the novel, Yuki hacked the teleport cheat so that when the CC president tried to use it, his lone flagship and the entire SOS fleet gets teleported to the same spot together.

But in the anime, Yuki appeared to have merely disabled the teleport. Instead, she used "Formation U" (I learned that from LoGH) using all her mini-fleets and shepherded the CC president Flagship into the rest of the SOS fleet.
Yuki also got the honour to deliver the coup de grâce using the Wave-Motion Cannon. (Better known to Starcraft players as the Terran Battle-cruiser Yamato Cannon.)
The cannon is artistic licence... That wasn't in the novel. Still, this is even more a Yuki-centric episode than expected. She is just SO cool.
Old 2006-06-11, 15:43   Link #35
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
OMFG this episode is so hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing when they kept switching the fully orchastrated music to the crappy midi. The entire SOS crew (and Mikuru's subordinates) were hilarious. KyoAni seems to really hit their stride in terms of animation this episode too. I'm sure the hardcore Starcraft gamers are peeing in their pants watching this episode. Rating: 12/10.
Old 2006-06-11, 15:52   Link #36
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(Why do you think I've been raving about this thing since last week ><. I am sure anyone that game feels the same)

The Day of Sagittarius turns out to be Fleet Command in 2d somewhat afterall. It actually feels a little like Super Robot War with the stats to the right but not really.

Old 2006-06-11, 16:00   Link #37
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
(Why do you think I've been raving about this thing since last week ><. I am sure anyone that game feels the same)

The Day of Sagittarius turns out to be Fleet Command in 2d somewhat afterall. It actually feels a little like Super Robot War with the stats to the right but not really.
Actually, it most resemble the "Legend of Galactic Heroes" PC game, with the fleets almost identical in combat style.

A clue is in one of the novel quotes, when, tiring of silly orders from Haruhi, Kyon laments that there isn't a "mutiny" button he could press and attempt to overthrow her.
In the LoGH PC game, you do have the mutiny button.

Thus I suspect the novel author had the LoGH games in mind when designing DoS III.
Old 2006-06-11, 16:04   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
...It was hilarious seeing Yuki wave the mouse in the air, trying to figure the interface out. 8)
I was wondering if it was a reference to Wii.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-06-11, 16:04   Link #39
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Actually, it most resemble the "Legend of Galactic Heroes" PC game, with the fleets almost identical in combat style.

A clue is in one of the novel quotes, when, tiring of silly orders from Haruhi, Kyon laments that there isn't a "mutiny" button he could press and attempt to overthrow her.
In the LoGH PC game, you do have the mutiny button.

Thus I suspect the novel author had the LoGH games in mind when designing DoS III.
Too bad I've never played them. I would like to give it a try... being an old RTS junkie starting from C&C days I have no excuse.

01:05... beam ya missile wo "Piko Piko?" <- Not AIR tribute I hope...

(flashback to Live Alive was hilerious btw)

The details to the naming of the fleets is there as well as the setup of speed and offensive on the GUI. It has now been clearly established that the OS is WINXP.

15:00-15:20... Dies Irae disappears from Kyon's target lock out of the blue. That was lovely. (by hack)

Old 2006-06-11, 16:12   Link #40
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Too bad I've never played them. I would like to give it a try... being an old RTS junkie starting from C&C days I have no excuse.

01:05... beam ya missile wo "Piko Piko?" <- Not AIR tribute I hope...

(flashback to Live Alive was hilerious btw)
The major difference between the LoGH PC game and traditional RTS, is that in LoGH you have to fight for your own promotions. You don't get automatically promoted as each victory piles on; you have to play politics and search for openings. What amount of military resources at your command depends on your military rank.
(All this, of course, while you are trying to win the war against the enemy.)

The point of the "Mutiny" button, is that a successful mutiny automatically makes you the emperor of your people. As such the entire army becomes yours to control, and you would only have to worry about the battles rather than politics from that point on.