AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 00:27   Link #241
Silverwyrm

Ok I'm a fan now I love shows like this, also i liked the of or the record, though right away it gave me a rozen maiden feeling from the sound. I'm not good with music, but are the two ops (musically) related?

Anyways, I loved the awkward feelings int his ep, when they were in his hospital room you could really feel it, then his introduction to he class....the dead silence seemed to go for so long without anyone moving an inch or batting an eyelash.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 00:48   Link #242
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Ok I'm a fan now I love shows like this, also i liked the of or the record, though right away it gave me a rozen maiden feeling from the sound. I'm not good with music, but are the two ops (musically) related?

Anyways, I loved the awkward feelings int his ep, when they were in his hospital room you could really feel it, then his introduction to he class....the dead silence seemed to go for so long without anyone moving an inch or batting an eyelash.
LOLZ, you would notice everyone was passing signals around and were trying NOT TO look at the window side seat behind the class. Whether they knew about the ghost or curse or whatever or they know the MC's mom has something to do with Mei's dead, supposing she IS dead, all their actions are a total giveaway.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 02:00   Link #243
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I learned something after watching the first episode: Do not watch this late at night!

The deadpan music, the quite and still classroom, the dark hallway of the morgue...

First episode in and it's already making me think: This is how a horror anime should be done right.

There are so many things to notice in this first episode:
Spoiler:

A lot of things seem to be wrong or out of place, and I'm curious now what's going to happen next. Even I'm asking: "Who's going to die now?"

The whole hospital scene in the elevator felt like a scene out of Silent Hill or Paranormal Activity or The Grudge.

God, I love it when Japan does horror-- they really know how to scare you, or make you feel scared.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 02:51   Link #244
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Yes, they are both by the same group, ALI PROJECT. Personally, most of their songs (especially the more recent ones) are a bust for me, though there were few rare jewels that I really liked, such as the themes from Rozen Maiden. One of their songs, 'pastel pure' is one of my favorite anime themes, which happens to go completely against their customary dark-themed tunes. The one in this anime is actually is a turn for the better; I didn't skip the OP .

And it looks like we will finally have a proper horror anime after so long. Lets see if PA will deliver. And as usual, Itou Noichi's characters are pleasing to the eyes.
Old 2012-01-11, 03:16   Link #245
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
And it looks like we will finally have a proper horror anime after so long. Lets see if PA will deliver. And as usual, Itou Noichi's characters are pleasing to the eyes.
Yup, a long time coming. Like I told my friend, I've been aching for a good horror for quite a long while, something along Higurashi's level or better.

I'm crossing my fingers and hope PA Works will not let me down. The first episode was a great start. Somehow I regret watching it at night still, I have to get to bed since I work tomorrow.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 06:55   Link #246
TaroYamada

Another move version will be released in this summer!
But i guess anime one is always better than movie one...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Onlie shop www.soukou-japan-trading.com
Facebook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/soukou.japan.trading
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TaroYamada15
Otaku Report (blog): http://soukou-japan-trading.blogspot.com/
TaroYamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 07:41   Link #247
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Yup, a long time coming. Like I told my friend, I've been aching for a good horror for quite a long while, something along Higurashi's level or better.

I'm crossing my fingers and hope PA Works will not let me down. The first episode was a great start. Somehow I regret watching it at night still, I have to get to bed since I work tomorrow.
Well there's Tasogare Otome next season although that is more mystery...
Old 2012-01-11, 09:03   Link #248
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

A bad OP and ED can kill a show for me, and this is the show of the season that is in danger of this death. The OP is inappropriate for the show, and just plain bad. The ED is merely forgetably average.

On the plus side, the atmosphere is nailed. And awkward conversations are chuckle-worthy. I like the establishment of characters so far, and I also like the whole THERE'S SOMETHING THEY'RE NOT TELLING HIM obviousness. I merely am afraid of a passive protagonist now, as with such an obvious cover-up going on, not challenging them on it would be entirely too lame.

I'll be skipping the OP from here on. Which I never do. But the show seems just strong enough to get me over that personal peeve.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:51   Link #249
Qikz

I had no idea what this was when I started watching it and I'm glad I didn't watch it late at night, god that was creepy o_O
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 10:16   Link #250
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroYamada View Post
Another move version will be released in this summer!
But i guess anime one is always better than movie one...
Clean, pressed shirts. Well groomed hair. Door that looks like ti came straight from Home Depot (or Japanese equivalent). Did everyone involved with the great J-Horror films of the '90s die?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 10:18   Link #251
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

It seemed to me Kouichi's full name and not just his family name is the problem. What if this Kouichi is the reincarnation of the original killer? It looked like Kouichi or someone who looks like him was present in the flashback prologue from one of the pics.

Boy, that was a bad way to go. Stabbed and/or decapitated and dumped into a river. I kept thinking "What's in the bag?" and then hoping it wasn't a head. Also that boat in the flashback was suspicious too.
Old 2012-01-11, 10:26   Link #252
TeaAnyOne
Dazzling the Stage!

Send a message via MSN to TeaAnyOne
TeaAnyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 10:53   Link #253
kitten320

Somehow I expected more... it didn't creep me out one bit. For now the main heroine is just meh... the only ones who creep me a bit are the classmates who are 100% hiding something. they were suspicious from the first moment they appeared on screen.

Well the discussion at the end made some things rolling in main heroes head so hopefully he will progress things next episode.
Old 2012-01-11, 23:06   Link #254
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, this show is only slightly creepy. haha. the atmosphere is simply AMAZING. PA works delivers again with the visuals. hopefully they can get the story this time too. character designs are all unique and there are definitely a few gems i want to know more about based on looks alone.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 00:18   Link #255
Xaturas

Hmmmm to be frank I'm not good with horror stories, I just don't watch them and Saw and similiar movies are pointless to me. For the games I only played a little of dead space. Anyway lets get to the story.

For me it wasn't scary as much as it was mysterious, a kind of detective story to be more precise.
Opening is so similiar to some anime song that its not even funny, and it completely doesn't fit.
Ending is kinda ok, wonder if they will use something similiar to anime from 2011 (Forgot its name but it was about dead kids fighting in afterlife and had suzumiya haruhi alike) where in the ending characters were disappearing after they died/passed away from after life.

Ok lets get to the story.
Someone previously mentioned Seito Sakakibara murder incident in Japan. I read the wiki and it was kinda O_o, a 14y old boy killing a girl with a hammer and then decapitating a boy and leaving his mauled head in front of school, while stuffing a message in his mouth.
Hmmm it seems that they can go this way.
No matter how the story will unfold there are some *hints* before the opening.
We see misaki being stabbed by knife (or something similiar), loot of blood coming out from her also her eye widening. Then she got dumped down into a dam. Theres also a picture of old class but I didn't find will to look trough it to find misaki but there seemed to be some look-alikes there.
Most important part is probably Our main character look-alike or to be precise him (face/hair below eyes 100% match) standing in the rain having an evil grin.
So to sum it up I wonder how will they play it out, will he kill someone, will they die because of their health or will the dolls play some major part (most likely).

Funny parts:

Sometimes in the most eaier moments or at least thats what authors wanted you can hear funny electronic sound similiar to dead space (dunno why ^^).

When the heart ill dude said that he want to run I was like

"hahahahahaha dude you will run, sure you will run trying to get away from something chasing you, and then you will die from heart attack ^^".

Ohh and I thought about making signature/avatar from that lol girl falling on her face, and the meganekko eyes widening but I gave up, it ain't worth it ^^.

I would forgot, the boat before the opening was soooooo *Nice Boat* I was like dude its School Days no matter how you look at it, gimme makotos head time to play football.

Last but not least good show for watching, considering that this season theres mostly Moe blob animes, with Moe blobs mecha animes, and more echi moeblobs slice of life animes + some good animes from previous season running 2nd cour.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 03:56   Link #256
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
+ some good animes from previous season running 2nd cour.
Really? I didn't find any. :-P
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 05:03   Link #257
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
When the heart ill dude said that he want to run I was like

"hahahahahaha dude you will run, sure you will run trying to get away from something chasing you, and then you will die from heart attack ^^".
Lol, you're horrible. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 05:12   Link #258
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for eh? ain't this the grandma? and i saw the grandfather too but not his face:
Old 2012-01-12, 09:23   Link #259
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Aside from the questionable OP that was pretty nice. It wasn't over the top cheesy like Mirai Nikki, but it set up everything well so that I'm wondering what's happening next. Though I surely hope PA works isn't gonna crash and burn.

Undead moe eh?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 11:42   Link #260
klare

interesting, eps 1 is better than expected, but i feel the Rozen-like OP is not suitable for this show as some had mentioned

i am guessing there are 2 "Mei", one dead one alive

Tags
horror, seinen