AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-05-27, 01:30   Link #16181
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
What the hell is *KSSSSSSHHH* exactly?
Transition to Universe A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I think it's supposed to be static.

Anyway... why is Haruhi's hairband mentioned? I thought that was a detail left solely to visuals.
In the novels, yes. We're not a novel.

We're a VISUAL novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Because it's a visual novel, I doubt that the scene will be *of* Kyon walking from the station and show Haruhi in the window - it's more likely that that's a transition sentence, so as to let the reader know early what precisely is going on. Background at that point seems likely to be 'random outside area'.
Yes. Exactly. Although the background is "Kitaguchi Station", but...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 01:44   Link #16182
Jintor

EDITJOB GET!

Spoiler for September the First, Day 0, Universe 1- Brigade HQ- Poker in a Clubroom:

I changed the first bit for two reasons: One, nobody, not even Kyon, would use 'cognitive function' in a sentence like that for any reasons except to be a smartarse, and two, 'a path I've followed' seemed like a good idea to my mind.

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-05-27 at 08:28.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 01:52   Link #16183
Jintor

EDITJOB 2 GET

Spoiler for September the First, Day 0, Universe 1- Brigade HQ: Decision Point:

Easy enough.

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-05-27 at 08:30.
Old 2009-05-27, 01:54   Link #16184
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
In the novels, yes. We're not a novel.

We're a VISUAL novel.
Technically speaking, it's not mentioned in anything else, either... but I'll drop it, due to the transition thing and all.

Quote:
One, nobody, not even Kyon, would use 'cognitive function' in a sentence like that for any reasons except to be a smartarse
Which is why it works.

*e* Also, your second editjob might be in need of an editjob in itself.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 01:55   Link #16185
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Jintor, you're kinda tired, huh?

Quote:
Which is why it works.

Exactly.
Old 2009-05-27, 01:56   Link #16186
Jintor

Overruled.

Seriously though, it doesn't work there.

"Every day after school, I somehow find myself walking towards the old school building. My legs turn corners and traverse staircases as though they have a mind of their own, requiring no intervention from my brain to traverse the path I've followed every day for nearly half a year."

"Every day after school, I somehow find myself walking towards the old school building. My legs turn corners and traverse staircases as though they have a mind of their own, requiring no cognitive function to traverse the path I've followed every day for nearly half a year."

Among other things, it would be 'cognitive functionality' there, not cognitive function... and I think Ituski's the better smartarse to use those kinds of words.
Old 2009-05-27, 02:01   Link #16187
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Overruled.

"Every day after school, I somehow find myself walking towards the old school building. My legs turn corners and traverse staircases as though they have a mind of their own, requiring no intervention from my brain to traverse the path I've followed every day for nearly half a year."

"Every day after school, I somehow find myself walking towards the old school building. My legs turn corners and traverse staircases as though they have a mind of their own, requiring no cognitive function to traverse the path I've followed every day for nearly half a year."

Among other things, it would be 'cognitive functionality' there, not cognitive function... and I think Ituski's the better smartarse to use those kinds of words.
How about "requiring no extraneous impulses from my central nervous system"?

...Dammit, I need to go to bed.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:02   Link #16188
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Overruled.

Keep tellin' yourself that, bro.

Sure, that's fine.
Old 2009-05-27, 02:18   Link #16189
Jintor

SUPER EDITJOB GET

Spoiler for September the First, Day 0, Universe 1: Restaurant- This Isn't a Date!:

Hah. This was fun. I liked the 'window-shopping young couples' bit. Also, I was trying to work out a way to sneak 'And in enduring, grow strong' in there, but it felt too out of character for Kyon.

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-05-27 at 08:33.
Old 2009-05-27, 02:21   Link #16190
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Don't forget that he always refers to Itsuki as "Koizumi", eh?

Quote:
Hah. This was fun. I liked the 'window-shopping young couples' bit.
I can't claim credit for that, that's Kyon's description of the station from Vol. 1.
Old 2009-05-27, 02:27   Link #16191
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Methinks that Haruhi forcing Kyon to pay for her lunch is a subtle way of getting him to go on a few dates with her. Or I could be reading into things too much.

*e* I mean actually stating that he has to in advance. He generally does it anyway, due to the "whoever arrives last pays" rule the Brigade has.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-05-27, 02:27   Link #16192
Jintor

Oh yes, apologies. But you managed to make Kyon and Haruhi one of those window-shopping couples, which is what I liked the most.

/EDIT And if you take this part, don't forget to maybe have quick references to Kyon having to pay for Haruhi's lunch for the next few days. (DebtSlave = True, perhaps?)

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-05-27 at 03:04.
Old 2009-05-27, 09:03   Link #16193
ryanasaurus0077
Nostalgia Critic's #1 fan

I'm currently working on a script for a web series based on Seitenkan, and judging from what I've seen on this thread, my script and Kaisos's version are going to diverge at the sixth chapter of the first light novel. Oh, and in the web series, I'd like to be Haruki, and in my script he wears 3-D glasses. Other than the spots where I posted my ideas, though, both versions are essentially going to be the same story. How's that sound, the idea of a web series based on Seitenkan?
Old 2009-05-27, 10:20   Link #16194
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanasaurus0077 View Post
in my script he wears 3-D glasses.
. . . Why would he wear 3D glasses?
Old 2009-05-27, 10:48   Link #16195
ryanasaurus0077

Quote:
. . . Why would he wear 3D glasses?
Probably as a counterpart to Haruhi's ribbon/headband/whatever-the-hell-you-like-to-call-it.
Old 2009-05-27, 11:21   Link #16196
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanasaurus0077 View Post
*snip*
Spoiler for oh wow:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 11:44   Link #16197
ryanasaurus0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
*snip*
Now that image was totally uncalled for. You want your version of Haruki to wear a monocle? I laugh at your Victorian tastes!

Oh, and the reason why I want Haruki to wear 3-D glasses is because I want a counterpart to Haruhi's ribbon. Can't you accept that reason without *snipping* my thread in a quote? Or do I have to keep the script to myself in order to avoid a *snip*?
Old 2009-05-27, 12:10   Link #16198
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

It seems a rather incoherent thing to do, considering the headband Haruki ussually wears is an analogue for the Ribbon Haruhi had.

Frankly man, it's a bad idea.
Old 2009-05-27, 12:18   Link #16199
ryanasaurus0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
It seems a rather incoherent thing to do, considering the headband Haruki ussually wears is an analogue for the Ribbon Haruhi had.

Frankly man, it's a bad idea.
How about Haruki wear the 3-D glasses just over his forehead most of the time? The only times he'll wear the glasses over his eyes is when:

A) He's in a melancholy state (like in most of the first chapter), and

B) He means serious business (like when Kyonko shows up late to an inspection of Nishinomiya for aliens, time travelers, and ESPers in the fourth chapter).

Oh, and my inspiration was the character page for Haruki on harupedia.org, where it's stated that he could wear goggles. I took it one step further and gave Haruki the 3-D glasses he'll be wearing in the web series I'm planning.
Old 2009-05-27, 12:49   Link #16200
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

You're free to do whatever you like when. That doesn't mean anyone will be particularly interested though.

Allot of people like the Haruhi Gender bending because of the character design. Giving Haruki 3d glasses (random?) is a pretty significant department from that design, so allot of people aren't going to like it.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan