AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2023-03-11, 07:46   Link #1601
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tanezaki in both leading and supporting.
Old 2023-03-11, 21:40   Link #1602
Frontier

I only just found out Chika Anzai and Junya Enoki are cousins .
Old 2023-03-12, 07:30   Link #1603
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I only just found out Chika Anzai and Junya Enoki are cousins .
And I'm finding out just now too

I had no idea.
Old 2023-03-29, 04:09   Link #1604
saya_leviathan

Since this is a voice actor discussion thread, there's this news recently about Sony selling AI-replicated voice based on several popular voice actors for audiobooks. (Article is in Japanese)

One of the voice actors is the late Kenji Utsumi and I don't know if they asked for permission from his family.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-29, 16:06   Link #1605
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Since this is a voice actor discussion thread, there's this news recently about Sony selling AI-replicated voice based on several popular voice actors for audiobooks. (Article is in Japanese)

One of the voice actors is the late Kenji Utsumi and I don't know if they asked for permission from his family.
Apparently they did which is the only part of this I find acceptable (since it was their decision).
Old 2023-03-31, 09:42   Link #1606
saya_leviathan

Voice Actor Takahiro Sakurai Ends Contract With Talent Agency

Given that he lost his role in the Mononoke movie and the Ayaka anime, I think this is it for him.
Old 2023-03-31, 15:00   Link #1607
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Voice Actor Takahiro Sakurai Ends Contract With Talent Agency

Given that he lost his role in the Mononoke movie and the Ayaka anime, I think this is it for him.
Dang man, his friend/CEO and some other friends in the agency were making themselves look bad by trying to defend him, but all for naught eh?

But hmm...
I think he's still acting his characters for next season's Kimetsu and Ousama Ranking though. Also I think they recently announced something for that show with 5 boys and he was still acting his role.
Unfortunately will still have some roles in the future it seems

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-25, 02:14   Link #1608
saya_leviathan

Naomi Ozara announced her marriage and her pregnancy.
https://twitter.com/osorasan703/stat...Jj0_-RZ8A&s=19
Old 2023-05-25, 10:12   Link #1609
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Sakurai brought a mix of intelligence, humor and menace to the "medicine-seller" role that I doubt anyone else can capture. Probably the first male voice-actor I paid serious attention to after hearing this performance.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-26, 16:43   Link #1610
Frontier

Quote:
Naomi Ozara announced her marriage and her pregnancy.
https://twitter.com/osorasan703/stat...Jj0_-RZ8A&s=19
Congratulations !
Old 2023-06-07, 23:10   Link #1611
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Tomoyo Kurosawa announced her marriage

https://twitter.com/TomoyoKurosawa/s...41213674631168

Her notable roles are: Misaki (Bang Dream), Kumiko (Hibike Euphonium), Amiya (Arknights) and Rebecca (Cyberpunk: Edgerunners)
Old 2023-06-08, 02:12   Link #1612
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Mentioning Misaki but not Phos, for example. WTF?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-08, 09:40   Link #1613
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Tomoyo Kurosawa announced her marriage

https://twitter.com/TomoyoKurosawa/s...41213674631168

Her notable roles are: Misaki (Bang Dream), Kumiko (Hibike Euphonium), Amiya (Arknights) and Rebecca (Cyberpunk: Edgerunners)
Congratulations! Coming off her amazing turn as Mitsumi in Skip and Loafer !
Old 2023-06-18, 00:53   Link #1614
kuudererules

Sachika Misawa looks different in Instagram recently. It seems she's going through depression.
Spoiler for image:
If you have the time, please send her a message of support. We must prevent an incident like Hana Kimura.

For those who don't know Sachika Misawa diagnosed with inferiority complex, a psychological syndrome that appears when a person failed from anything, resulted in feeling insecure and dropped self-esteem, and much worse, thinking that he/she is not worth for living caused by her failure. When she return from hiatus in 2022, Haters (seems like from bandori franchise) "attack" her caused by her performance quality that got dropped.

She already delete her Twitter and most of her photo in Instagram.
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-18, 08:24   Link #1615
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
On that topic, Megumi/Ai Nakajima confessed some time ago that she suffered from a mix of inferiority complex and "imposter syndrome" (for haters she is just Ranka Lee). This also explain the gaps in her career.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-18, 10:30   Link #1616
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuudererules View Post
Sachika Misawa looks different in Instagram recently. It seems she's going through depression.
Spoiler for image:
If you have the time, please send her a message of support. We must prevent an incident like Hana Kimura.

For those who don't know Sachika Misawa diagnosed with inferiority complex, a psychological syndrome that appears when a person failed from anything, resulted in feeling insecure and dropped self-esteem, and much worse, thinking that he/she is not worth for living caused by her failure. When she return from hiatus in 2022, Haters (seems like from bandori franchise) "attack" her caused by her performance quality that got dropped.

She already delete her Twitter and most of her photo in Instagram.
OMG looks like she's not taking care of herself for long time.

Considering she eventually quit her agency by March 2023, her absence (on gacha game I played) make sense now.
Even if workplace able to contact her to do the role, she likely reluctant to do it and have difficulty to come back due to pressure.

I don't think haters will be all specific from Bandori franchise, AFAIK some Japanese netizen are into nitpicking any actor / actress that cannot held their role importance.
Sachika Misawa started as Kuroyukihime (MC of Accel World) but her role afterwards mostly non-main characters, with no big title. So when idea of her performance dropped appear, she became an easy target.
Old 2023-06-18, 14:01   Link #1617
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
On that topic, Megumi/Ai Nakajima confessed some time ago that she suffered from a mix of inferiority complex and "imposter syndrome" (for haters she is just Ranka Lee). This also explain the gaps in her career.
I thought it was pretty well known that Nakajima Magumi suffered a lot and even took an Hiatus from singing for a bit thanks to that. It also doesn't help that she's half-Filipino which lead to some very "harsh" comments from a section of the "fandom".
Old 2023-06-18, 18:10   Link #1618
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know who Sachika Misawa but I feel sorry for her. Sending her support messages is nice but what she needs is to get out of the internet ASAP. I don't remember which celebrity said it, but they said that a single negative comment had far more weight than a hundred positive/supportive ones. The internet is just not a good place to look for support.
Old 2023-06-18, 18:55   Link #1619
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know who Sachika Misawa but I feel sorry for her. Sending her support messages is nice but what she needs is to get out of the internet ASAP. I don't remember which celebrity said it, but they said that a single negative comment had far more weight than a hundred positive/supportive ones. The internet is just not a good place to look for support.
Surprised you never heard of her. She may be not the most famous one but Accel World (her first big main role) and Aldnoah.Zero at least are pretty known series. Her character in Bang Dream is also pretty popular, but it is a niche thing.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 06:28   Link #1620
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Surprised you never heard of her. She may be not the most famous one but Accel World (her first big main role) and Aldnoah.Zero at least are pretty known series. Her character in Bang Dream is also pretty popular, but it is a niche thing.
I didn't know her by name, but yeah, I know some of her roles after looking it up.