AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-18, 20:34   Link #101
Rainbowman

Ugh. -_- I'm getting bored with this chapter. If there are any hiatuses with the story I'd want to know why.
Old 2008-08-18, 22:10   Link #102
chitgoks

it's going to even get more boring if the 3rd admiral's going to be another logia

sheesh
Old 2008-08-18, 22:21   Link #103
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Ugh. -_- I'm getting bored with this chapter. If there are any hiatuses with the story I'd want to know why.
This past week was a short end of summer holiday. So, don't worry, a new chapter will be out in a few days .
Old 2008-08-18, 23:00   Link #104
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This past week was a short end of summer holiday. So, don't worry, a new chapter will be out in a few days .
I should hope so, I'm hoping the chaos in this current arc would end soon in a few more chapters.
Old 2008-08-19, 12:35   Link #105
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
it's going to even get more boring if the 3rd admiral's going to be another logia

sheesh

Yeah, a lot of people are guessing that Akainu will have some sort of lava/magma-based power. Now, I wouldn't have minded this idea if we didn't already have a heat-based power with Ace.

I'm actually kinda hoping that Akainu will have something more unique, like say, a blood fruit. He could use the blood in his body to form weapons and various tools (since after all, blood does contain iron. ) I'd guess that a blood fruit would give the user something like an extra heart (possibly more) to prevent the user from dying due to excessive blood loss....

And yeah, there's a chapter this week. The spoiler should appear by tomorrow, or at least later today....
Old 2008-08-19, 12:57   Link #106
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm actually kinda hoping that Akainu will have something more unique, like say, a blood fruit. He could use the blood in his body to form weapons and various tools (since after all, blood does contain iron. ) I'd guess that a blood fruit would give the user something like an extra heart (possibly more) to prevent the user from dying due to excessive blood loss....
I wouldn't mind Akainu being a Blood User (which probably would not be a Logia), except for the fact that there is a current manga being released, called Deadman Wonderland, about super powers based around using blood as a means of offensive or defensive weapons. So, Oda would have to deal with the direct comparissons, something he has managed to avoid with a great many of his powers currently.
Old 2008-08-19, 13:55   Link #107
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Yellow Monkey is kicking everybody's butts, Your all dead.
And no one thinks about using a mirror.
Old 2008-08-19, 14:06   Link #108
Rainbowman

Quote:
Yeah, a lot of people are guessing that Akainu will have some sort of lava/magma-based power. Now, I wouldn't have minded this idea if we didn't already have a heat-based power with Ace.
Well there are 2 heat-based devil fruits- 1 canon and 1 filler

Canon: Mera Mera no mi eaten by Ace which we all know
Filler: Atsu Atsu no mi eaten by Don Achino from the Ice Hunter arc in the anime

Now I'm not sure if this Devil Fruit counts as heat-based:
Kachi Kachi no mi eaten by Bear King

Personally with that Devil Fruit I hope they dub in English: the Forge Forge fruit because it looks like Bear King can heat his body so he can become harder much like a sword being forged.

Anywho if there is more than one heat-based Devil Fruit, then it's possible that Akainu would have a lava/magma-based power.
Old 2008-08-19, 16:34   Link #109
marvelB

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Akainu being a Blood User (which probably would not be a Logia), except for the fact that there is a current manga being released, called Deadman Wonderland, about super powers based around using blood as a means of offensive or defensive weapons. So, Oda would have to deal with the direct comparissons, something he has managed to avoid with a great many of his powers currently.

Eh, I've seen blood used as a weapon before in other mangas. For example, in Flame of Recca, one of the later villains, Hiruko, had a Madougu weapon that manipulated blood (it also acted as a second heart, which is where I got the idea for a blood fruit adding an extra heart). In part 5 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, a villain named Risotto had a Stand called Metallica which directly manipulates the iron in blood (for example, he can make stuff like razor blades and scissors form inside another person's body to rip them apart from the inside out). I think that Oda can pull off a blood-based ability well enough in his own wacky ways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
And no one thinks about using a mirror.

While a mirror would be the most obvious thing to use to defend against Kizaru's attacks, we don't really know how useful they may be. Chances are, he can amplify the power of his beams to the point that mirror shields are useless...
Old 2008-08-19, 17:34   Link #110
james0246

Quote:
Eh, I've seen blood used as a weapon before in other mangas. For example, in Flame of Recca, one of the later villains, Hiruko, had a Madougu weapon that manipulated blood (it also acted as a second heart, which is where I got the idea for a blood fruit adding an extra heart). In part 5 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, a villain named Risotto had a Stand called Metallica which directly manipulates the iron in blood (for example, he can make stuff like razor blades and scissors form inside another person's body to rip them apart from the inside out). I think that Oda can pull off a blood-based ability well enough in his own wacky ways...
I did not disagree with using blood, rather I was commenting on the fact that most of Oda's abilities, while sometimes copies of other abilities from other manga and comics, are copies of abilities from manga and such that has already finished. To use a blood power (were the blood exits the body and interacts with others) while another manga is currently using the same power (as the main ability at that) would be too much for Oda sentimentalities. Added to that, some speculation concerning DoFlamingo questions if his ability is a 'blood' ability, were he controls the blood in other people, forcing them to move as he wishes.

So, instead of blood, I am going to say that Akainu will use Plasma abilities . This fits with the colour scheme by being a slight reference to blood plasma, but has nothing to do with blood. Plasma would be the ability to control ionized fields of gas, creating lightning, fire, nuclear fusion, etc.
Old 2008-08-19, 18:43   Link #111
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
While a mirror would be the most obvious thing to use to defend against Kizaru's attacks, we don't really know how useful they may be. Chances are, he can amplify the power of his beams to the point that mirror shields are useless...
That was just one of the options. Every devil fruit ability should have its shortcoming, if it is not mirror, it will be something else. A product of sky island, or something else.
Old 2008-08-19, 18:47   Link #112
james0246

Quote:
That was just one of the options. Every devil fruit ability should have its shortcoming, if it is not mirror, it will be something else. A product of sky island, or something else.
Prisms, or substances that can refract or diffuse light. That will be Kizaru's weakness.
Old 2008-08-19, 21:54   Link #113
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Prisms, or substances that can refract or diffuse light. That will be Kizaru's weakness.
Or a dial that can absorb the light.
Old 2008-08-19, 22:41   Link #114
james0246

Quote:
That is a little too close to Blackbeard's power, so I doubt there will be an instrument (such as a dial) that will mimic a Black Hole .
Old 2008-08-19, 23:01   Link #115
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
That is a little too close to Blackbeard's power, so I doubt there will be an instrument (such as a dial) that will mimic a Black Hole .
It is not actually what Blackbeard has done. It is more like storing that light, to let it out later on. Who knows maybe Vegapunk's droids also make use of this kind of power.
Old 2008-08-20, 01:46   Link #116
chitgoks

Quote:

And yeah, there's a chapter this week. The spoiler should appear by tomorrow, or at least later today....
if akainu would be blood, he will be the most powerful since he can manipulate one's blood. in an instant the enemy would die. im doubtful about that one though hehehe
Old 2008-08-20, 01:48   Link #117
chitgoks

Quote:
man.. would be nice if ussopp would be the one who'll get rid of kizaru hahaha
Closed Thread