AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-19, 05:18   Link #901
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
Some things that have been bugging me for quite a while:

I know the game is between Beatrice and meta Battler, however, you can't entirely separate meta Battler from 'human' Battler.
Meta Battler can obviously see, hear and feel what human Battler does. On the other hand, human Battler doesn't seem to be aware of meta Battler's existence. Couldn't there be a way to change this? If human Battler had meta Battler's knowledge, he could prevent a lot of things from happening, like stopping Rosa and Maria to go into the garden before the second twilight.

Second: Who took care of the other mansion? Although it is confirmed that it is smaller than the main mansion, it obviously also needs a lot of maintaining. A gardener is mentioned, but he couldn't possibly be the only member of the staff. If so, some servants probably lived there too. However, there had to be a way to secretly bring them there without the inhabitants of the main mansion noticing. That means new boat, new accosting place. As far as I can remember, the only other boat (mentioned in episode 1) belongs to Krauss and is out for repair in 1986 (and anyway, I doubt Kinzo would take the risk of using a boat he isn't sure he could use 100% of the time). Meaning that there could still be a boat, even know.
Now, if we take into account the Kinzo is dead before the 4th of October theory, doesn't that mean that it could be fairly easy for a completely unknown person to come to Rokkenjima and take part in the murdering process, without changing the 18?

And also, on a more, irrelevant note, why did Eva's eyes change color from blue to black when she became an adult?
Old 2009-01-19, 09:00   Link #902
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_kitsune View Post

And also, on a more, irrelevant note, why did Eva's eyes change color from blue to black when she became an adult?
heh. Have you been noticing the eye colors of everyone.

Spoiler for Whats noticeable:

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Some things that have been bugging me for quite a while:

Quote:
I know the game is between Beatrice and meta Battler, however, you can't entirely separate meta Battler from 'human' Battler.
Meta Battler can obviously see, hear and feel what human Battler does. On the other hand, human Battler doesn't seem to be aware of meta Battler's existence. Couldn't there be a way to change this? If human Battler had meta Battler's knowledge, he could prevent a lot of things from happening, like stopping Rosa and Maria to go into the garden before the second twilight.
We hadn't known that the worlds crossed over so easilly until this episode actually.
It wouldn't be wrong to think that it will become a plot point later on.
Quote:
Now, if we take into account the Kinzo is dead before the 4th of October theory, doesn't that mean that it could be fairly easy for a completely unknown person to come to Rokkenjima and take part in the murdering process, without changing the 18?
You've joined the group of me and MultiPigeon who have also formed this theory.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-01-19, 11:17   Link #903
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Now, if we take into account the Kinzo is dead before the 4th of October theory
No way, in ep.1 Kinzo and Kanon discuss the siblings quarrel about the inheritance, the state of their respective companies, their need of money etc. No way this could have happened at some earlier point before the family gathering- unlike the first dialogue betweeen Nanjo and Kinzo for instance.

Old 2009-01-19, 13:14   Link #904
MultiPigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
No way, in ep.1 Kinzo and Kanon discuss the siblings quarrel about the inheritance, the state of their respective companies, their need of money etc. No way this could have happened at some earlier point before the family gathering- unlike the first dialogue betweeen Nanjo and Kinzo for instance.
Well there are a lot of things in Umineko that play out differently from how we see it. Like Eva having a connection with Eva-Beatrice when she sleeps. That's total bull. But while I'm saying that that scene can be fake, I agree that it's a bit far fetched to deny that scene since it's not a scene connected to the existence of magic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't have a complete theory for what happened and I'm just aiming to give some different view points to those following this thread.

By the way. Eva-Beatrice claims in red that there are only 18 people on Rokkenjima in Episode 3 too. I think someone mentioned a theory in were the "only 18 people" statement was only restricted to episode 2.
Old 2009-01-19, 16:49   Link #905
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

People... hold back with the episode 4 spoilers already. There is a thread for discussing Ep 4 if that is what you want to do.
Old 2009-01-20, 22:15   Link #906
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1
After finishing Episode 3.

Spoiler for Virgilia:

Spoiler for Maria and Rosa:
Old 2009-01-20, 22:55   Link #907
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
Spoiler for Virgilia:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2009-01-20, 23:10   Link #908
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Spoiler for Beato-chan:
Old 2009-01-21, 06:49   Link #909
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

....You know, now that I think of it, you guys are right 0_0 .

Spoiler for stuff:
Old 2009-01-21, 15:32   Link #910
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Spoiler for Maria and Rosa:
Yet you have Ilya as your avatar. D:
Old 2009-01-21, 21:19   Link #911
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Aren't I so sneaky~

TT_TT ending of HF, Ilya-chaaaaaaaan~ TT_TT

Anybody know when plans are for an Episode 3 manga? I wonder how it will do red text. Color pages galore is expensive, after all.
Old 2009-01-21, 21:55   Link #912
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Maybe "text in pipe smoke" or something like that? Beato does carry that pipe around all the time after all.

That or, "Text with funny looking screen tone." *laugh*
Old 2009-01-21, 22:04   Link #913
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I have a feeling that they might bold it that or do an epic two page spread with her using the red text to crush Battler's theory.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-01-22, 17:21   Link #914
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Aren't I so sneaky~

TT_TT ending of HF, Ilya-chaaaaaaaan~ TT_TT

Anybody know when plans are for an Episode 3 manga? I wonder how it will do red text. Color pages galore is expensive, after all.
And in the anime too. I guess they'll just have the background turn red when a red word is used.
Old 2009-01-22, 22:29   Link #915
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
-Or they can just display the red text like in the game
Old 2009-01-24, 14:42   Link #916
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Okay, back to the speculation room! Leave reason and logic at the door, please, let your crazy theories shoot down Beato! Err, I mean, I finished my replay of ep.1, so I might as well post my rambling speculation and try to connect the events in ep.1 with the overall picture. Alas, there will be much more questions than answers...Or at least logical answers.

Spoiler for ep. 1, 2, 3, possibly Higurashi too:

Old 2009-01-24, 16:19   Link #917
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I think those are very interesting points, and I need to replay the first game anyway (since we're gonna fix up all those typos, haha) so I'll let you know my thoughts on the matter once I'm through with it again.

Although regarding "1000 years", that's just "generic really long time unit", kind of like saying "My bag weighs a ton" except with less exaggeration involved. I wouldn't really call it knowledge on Maria's part per se, and it's one of Beato's "calling cards" so anyone introducing themselves as Beato would probably say they're a "1000 year witch".
Old 2009-01-24, 16:56   Link #918
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Spoiler for ep. 1, 2, 3, possibly Higurashi too:
Spoiler for answer:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for answer:

Quote:
Spoiler for question5:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-24, 17:20   Link #919
Avisch
Reality Blender

Heh. I had trouble paying attention to receipt part. I need to re-read it.

Spoiler for On episode 1 first twilight:

Spoiler for Matrim's theories:

One crazy B****
Old 2009-01-24, 17:35   Link #920
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
And when you try to execute Beatrice in the TIPS it says that bullets bounce of her.
(Not going to bother spoiler-tagging something that's part of Ep. 1 since this is the Ep. 3 thread, although that's still worthwhile for long chunks of text for space reasons.)

My impression is that the "I'm invulnerable to bullets" bit is a bluff on her part. Imagine you have one weak point and someone who wants to take you down is trying to find out, right? Well, obviously you want them to think that this isn't the way to do it.

Of course, you could take it to be something about the numerous Beatos that seem to exist, that the Beato seen here isn't a "witch" in the same sense as we see in the meta world.
Closed Thread