AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 21:27   Link #1781
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Looks like we got ourselves a badass here.
I must be a wuss, that other one hurt my eyes and gave me a headache.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 21:56   Link #1782
Warm Mist

I'm surprised at the amount of people that are taking the "what a loser" line at face value. It's pretty clear for me that Nibutani didn't mean that at all, and it was just played for a quick joke. Look at the face she makes before saying it, she didn't look down on him or anything of the sort, in fact she seemed relieved that Yuuta was on the same boat as her.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:00   Link #1783
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for So thats why:
Old 2012-10-25, 22:01   Link #1784
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Shinka = Ami, therefore it stands to reason that she'll become awesome afterwards
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:04   Link #1785
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

KyoAni should really collab with Nitro+ and cross this over with Chaos;Head....
Old 2012-10-25, 22:07   Link #1786
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
I'm surprised at the amount of people that are taking the "what a loser" line at face value. It's pretty clear for me that Nibutani didn't mean that at all, and it was just played for a quick joke. Look at the face she makes before saying it, she didn't look down on him or anything of the sort, in fact she seemed relieved that Yuuta was on the same boat as her.
To me, even the face she made before was part of the joke. It was a dramatic pause to make the remark funnier. I don't really think the joke should be taken too seriously though.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:09   Link #1787
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Mob characters in chu2koi.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And a review of how everyone in Oriental Magic Napping Society of Summer addresses each other so far:

Images
Spoilers up to Lite Episode 5
ahaha belatedly i noticed the reason dekomori looked like that in the chart is because "FAke" Mori Summer was pulling on her hair ^^, yeah kumin looks really cute there

wow, nice detail on the mobs, .... mmm do they really recycle those like in K-on and Hyouka? why all girls?

again I want the old OP back.... and it would never happen... probably got toned down by gov't regulations. :/
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:26   Link #1788
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
To me, even the face she made before was part of the joke. It was a dramatic pause to make the remark funnier. I don't really think the joke should be taken too seriously though.
She also looks genuinely concerned when Dekomori seem disconsolate about the burning of the book, *before* the backup copies are revealed. And the cheesy lines Dekomori recites that cause her to lost the "battle" are Shinka's own lines about love and purity of heart and the like, so I don't think we should somehow see her character as malicious at the core.

Dealing with the characterization in this show requires a recognition that some things happen for comic effect, although I think the writers did want to show a real caustic side to her character. But yeah, I think you guys are right to say that her general abuse of Yuuta shouldn't be taken too seriously. I could compare it to the slapstick violence Yuuta uses to maintain some semblance of order amongst his delusional charges.

Indeed, in the same way Yuuta's a tsundere toward Rikka, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that Shinka is also just playing the tsundere toward Yuuta, and she isn't as uninterested as she makes herself out to be.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:26   Link #1789
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
wow, nice detail on the mobs, .... mmm do they really recycle those like in K-on and Hyouka? why all girls?
Because that's as far as the otaku's effort goes
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 22:33   Link #1790
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
And a review of how everyone in Oriental Magic Napping Society of Summer addresses each other so far:

Images
Spoilers up to Lite Episode 5
I think Rikka call Kumin "kumin" while Kumin call Rikka "Rikka-kun"

thats what i think

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:18   Link #1791
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I like how this show position itself such that when I see something logic-defying happen, I laugh and enjoy it. A lot of what happened would probably got "WTF, that doesn't make any sense" reaction from me in other anime, but here I laughed my ass off for them.

On another topic, I don't think Dekomori actually doesn't believe Nibutani. She probably realized that it is her who wrote it. She kept saying "fake Mori-summer" because that is true for her. The current Nibutani is not Mori-summer. She'll listen to her words only when she flip back to her chuunis self, and so they're in a deadlock.

Note that I'm not trying to make a drama plot out of that or anything. I'm just thinking Dekomori probably think it's more fun that way.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 00:58   Link #1792
Nitial

Well, that definitely makes more sense. Dekomori is a troller after all.
*Refers to the Dark Flame Master scene, where Dekomori keeps repeating it on purpose*
Nitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 01:32   Link #1793
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nibutani being so incompetent at searching Yuuta's room was hilarious.

Here is a pic of the main female seiyuus backstage at the live preview event earlier this month:

Images
seiyuus

Uchida Maaya (Rikka) is fairly attractive:
Images
Uchida Maaya
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 01:38   Link #1794
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'm pretty surprised by how popular Chu2koi is on pixiv right now.

Images
"Mori Summer-san" by Kodama Yuuya
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2012-10-26 at 02:07.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 02:01   Link #1795
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Soon we will know that even Yuuta's mom was a chuunibyou. xD
Old 2012-10-26, 02:53   Link #1796
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Pairings, from a post on 2channel:

勇太→←六花
凸守→←森夏
先輩→←枕

Yuuta →← Rikka
Dekomori →← Shinka
Kumin →← pillow
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 02:57   Link #1797
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Posting some REAL chuuni seiyuu here

Images
Uesaka Sumire aka Dekomori Sanae
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 03:01   Link #1798
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
Soon we will know that even Yuuta's mom was a chuunibyou. xD
I don't think so, she doesn't seem like the type, for example when she interpret Yuuta's "barrier" as Yugioh card during lite ep 3. A former chu2byo patient would a least flown at such behavior since it vaguely reminds them of something they want to forget. If anything, I don't think she even know what chuunibyou is.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 03:19   Link #1799
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Kumin →← pillow
Alas, Number 5's unrequited love will never come true.
Old 2012-10-26, 05:04   Link #1800
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
After episode 4, I want to do several things: kidnap Shinka. Lock her in a padded cell. Have Wakamoto Norio read her whole book through speakers cranked up to eleven. Record the whole thing.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen