AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 00:57   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 603 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Confirmed spoilers have been released:

Quote:
-Madara goes into hibernation (because of his age?). While hibernating, two clones (Zetsu clones?) affix a Zetsu body to Obito.

-time skip. One of the Clones tells Obito that Kakahsi and Rin are surrounded by Mist Nin. Obito goes out to save his friends...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-09-26 at 01:10.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 01:03   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The chapter's out. Obito doesn't just go out, one of the Zetsus opens up and Obito...wears him Apparently they're 100% artificial androids, so they can live on indefinitely without supplies. They seem to be quite fragile though, since his arm erupted when he tried to punch a wall...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 01:09   Link #3
james0246

So Zetsu is a symbiote....

I hate when flashbacks are included in flashback chapters. And the comedy is killing me...not in a good way. What a waste of a chapter. I'm sure there is some redeeming value, but I'm too tired to think about it right now...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 01:23   Link #4
Lunarskylar

wondering if madara's meditation has something to do with kakashi and rin being in danger
Old 2012-09-26, 01:27   Link #5
strategos

When I read this chapter it remind me of something. When I saw the episode, in the anime, when Tobi first appeared if you notice tobi had two voices. They had a different tone, each. One telling Tobi will be nice and the other saying something else. I guess this will actually explain the whole situation between Tobi and the Fourth Hokage

Pretty sure that Madara had something to do with the death of Rin. Probably the Zetsus did something. Madara knew he had to cut Obito ties. Everything that hold him to returning to the village. He probably overheard when Tobi said, when dreaming: "Kakashi protect Rin or I won't forgive you" Or something like that.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 01:31   Link #6
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So Zetsu is a symbiote....

I hate when flashbacks are included in flashback chapters. And the comedy is killing me...not in a good way. What a waste of a chapter. I'm sure there is some redeeming value, but I'm too tired to think about it right now...
well, one thing that struck me in this chapter are the zetsus. they may actually be the answer to the older and taller tobi/obito we saw fight against minato. since obito is actually able to "wear" it like an artificial body (why do i keep thinking about that little alien dude wearing a human body in men in black 1? lol), then this might explain why the obito we saw fighting minato looked like an adult. it also explains why tobi's arm turned into zetsu goo when minato hit it with a rasengan. but it still doesn't explain how tobi/obito became such a force to reckon with in just a short amount of time that he was able to give minato a run for his money.

you're right, the comedy is poo!!!! i really don't understand the zetsu's fascination with poo. aren't they the least bit interested in pee?
Old 2012-09-26, 01:35   Link #7
strategos

This kind of reminds me of The Guyver. Not sure if anyone ever saw the anime/manga. But is pretty much the same thing. The user was a kid, but when he dons the armor he looked like an adult.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 01:40   Link #8
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
well, one thing that struck me in this chapter are the zetsus. they may actually be the answer to the older and taller tobi/obito we saw fight against minato. since obito is actually able to "wear" it like an artificial body (why do i keep thinking about that little alien dude wearing a human body in men in black 1? lol), then this might explain why the obito we saw fighting minato looked like an adult. it also explains why tobi's arm turned into zetsu goo when minato hit it with a rasengan. but it still doesn't explain how tobi/obito became such a force to reckon with in just a short amount of time that he was able to give minato a run for his money.

you're right, the comedy is poo!!!! i really don't understand the zetsu's fascination with poo. aren't they the least bit interested in pee?
well a key point to remember is that they said "our brains and vocabulary are more complex than yours"

so, it's possible that aside from a strength boost, obito also gets an intelligence (and brainwashing boost) from his zetsu armour

all of this just makes black zetsu even more mysterious now
Old 2012-09-26, 01:50   Link #9
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
well a key point to remember is that they said "our brains and vocabulary are more complex than yours"

so, it's possible that aside from a strength boost, obito also gets an intelligence (and brainwashing boost) from his zetsu armour.
strength and intelligence is one thing but you don't learn fighting smarts through brains alone, you get it mostly from experience. even the most talented rookie athletes/fighters choke under pressure, they lose their composure and rational thinking when faced with a superior and more experienced opponent. young obito definitely lacked experience and he even faced his own master. imagine how intimidating that would've been for him. and yet he held his own and he was able to convince minato that the latter was fighting someone formidable.
Old 2012-09-26, 01:53   Link #10
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He still has some time to get stronger.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 02:25   Link #11
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
He still has some time to get stronger.
well, let's see in the upcoming chapters. when tobi launched an attack on konoha, kakashi was still pretty young, perhaps 14-15, no more than 16. obito and kakashi are the same age. it would be kinda difficult to believe that a fairly ordinary ninja like obito could become so formidable in just 2 years. kakashi was the exception in his generation, the guy is a genius. naruto and sasuke are the exception in theirs. naruto may have been tagged as a loser early on but he is minato's son and the protagonist of the story. so let's see how kishi would explain obito's growth.
Old 2012-09-26, 03:43   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this chapter solves another mystery about Tobi... yes! It's about his changing personality from funny Tobi as Deidara's partner... and Obito when he's leading Akatsuki and Pain
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 03:56   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
this chapter solves another mystery about Tobi... yes! It's about his changing personality from funny Tobi as Deidara's partner... and Obito when he's leading Akatsuki and Pain
yep, but i want to know how they decide, or if they do, who's in charge of tobi's voice and actions. we never saw obito and zetsu talk over each other, so i'm assuming they can't both talk at the same time

also oddly enough that would mean that when we were introduced to tobi it was actually spiral zetsu talking to black and white zetsu since it was the playful/silly tobi
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 04:14   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yep, but i want to know how they decide, or if they do, who's in charge of tobi's voice and actions. we never saw obito and zetsu talk over each other, so i'm assuming they can't both talk at the same time

also oddly enough that would mean that when we were introduced to tobi it was actually spiral zetsu talking to black and white zetsu since it was the playful/silly tobi
oh please don't let it be the reason. if it is then the tobi persona is a whole lot more complicated and screwed up than i would care to handle.
Old 2012-09-26, 04:23   Link #15
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Well, great Ksihimoto, now I like the Zetsus ;___;
Old 2012-09-26, 04:44   Link #16
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
well, let's see in the upcoming chapters. when tobi launched an attack on konoha, kakashi was still pretty young, perhaps 14-15, no more than 16. obito and kakashi are the same age. it would be kinda difficult to believe that a fairly ordinary ninja like obito could become so formidable in just 2 years. kakashi was the exception in his generation, the guy is a genius. naruto and sasuke are the exception in theirs. naruto may have been tagged as a loser early on but he is minato's son and the protagonist of the story. so let's see how kishi would explain obito's growth.
Hmm, I don't know. As James has stated, 2 years is quite enough time in the Narutoverse for one to become obscenely strong. Think of Naruto's two years training with Jiraiya and Sasuke with Oro. They both significantly improved during this time.

Now Obito is an Ulchiha and he is spending time with the most powerful Ulchiha ever know. Therefore, I don't think it is too much to assume that Obito's progress would be rapidly faster than both Naruto and Sasuke's in this short time.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 05:50   Link #17
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

I really kinda liked this chapter. Yeah flashback chapters are not exactly exciting, but the Zetsu stuff was funny...in a "so bad, its got to make you chuckle" way. So I assume next chapter we get to see how Rin died and how from the death of just one woman, Obito decided he's totally on-board with global brainwashing.
Old 2012-09-26, 06:20   Link #18
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Hmm, I don't know. As James has stated, 2 years is quite enough time in the Narutoverse for one to become obscenely strong. Think of Naruto's two years training with Jiraiya and Sasuke with Oro. They both significantly improved during this time.

Now Obito is an Ulchiha and he is spending time with the most powerful Ulchiha ever know. Therefore, I don't think it is too much to assume that Obito's progress would be rapidly faster than both Naruto and Sasuke's in this short time.
it's possible that he would ridiculously improve in just 2 years but strong enough to challenge a hokage of minato's caliber? i don't think so. obito wasn't exactly a genius to begin with so he's no sasuke who did quite a number on the raikage. well, like i said, i'll wait for kishi's explanation about that.
Old 2012-09-26, 06:29   Link #19
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
so maybe over time the skin obito wore to leave the building will mold into him.

so it would explain why now he is one with it instead of it just being like a suit of armor he can take off and put on but something that after many years it became him.

kimish never fails to disappoint me, I never would have guessed. I just assumed madara brain washed him with the sharigan and called it a day while having the zetsus train him but it got way more interesting.
Old 2012-09-26, 07:00   Link #20
Lunarskylar

Quote:
strength and intelligence is one thing but you don't learn fighting smarts through brains alone, you get it mostly from experience. even the most talented rookie athletes/fighters choke under pressure, they lose their composure and rational thinking when faced with a superior and more experienced opponent. young obito definitely lacked experience and he even faced his own master. imagine how intimidating that would've been for him. and yet he held his own and he was able to convince minato that the latter was fighting someone formidable.
it wouldn't be as intimidating since he probably didn't consider himself obito at the time, but more of the second coming of madara (even when he captures the kyuubi, he goes "i've been waiting so long for this" as if he thought he was madara)

and if he has a heightened intelligence from the zetsu brain, then it would be easier for him to train more efficiently and get better experience. because clearly he would have had to have gone on multiple missions on madara's behalf and succeed before madara would even consider sending him to capture the kyuubi

also, since he's wearing a zetsu body, i wonder if that's what gives him the power to slip into the earth just like zetsu does, and then he combines that power with kamui to slip into his dimension instead to create his slip through no jutsu

final point: just realized that the zetsu mentioned that madara's magic world would even let you revive the dead... cough cough obito's motive for helping madara is probably to bring back rin since he couldn't save her. he probably doesn't even care about who he kills because he believes he'll just bring them back in his new infiinite tsukiyomi paradise

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion