AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-12-06, 15:17   Link #1
marvelB

Mega Man 11 [NS, PS4, XBONE, PC] [2018]

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Huh, I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a thread for this yet. But yeah, turns out MM11 is a reality, after all! Will it wash out the bitter taste people got from Mighty No. 9? Will it make way for future sequels to the spinoff titles (such as a possible X9, or.... dare I say it.... Legends 3 )? Looks like we'll have to wait until 2018 to find out....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 16:39   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

When did development start? Is Inafune Keiji behind this too, or is it exclusively CAPCOM?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 21:32   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Honestly I’d be more worked up for Legends 3. -_-
Old 2017-12-06, 22:08   Link #4
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I kinda want the Battle Network spinoff back more than this...
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 22:17   Link #5
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Personally I'm glad it's not another 8-bit nostalgia rehash like the last two were.
Old 2017-12-07, 22:54   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
When did development start? Is Inafune Keiji behind this too, or is it exclusively CAPCOM?
For a few more development details, I'd recommend checking this out. But to make a long story short, it certainly seems there's no involvement from Inafune.... at the moment, at least. Maybe that could change depending on what new details are revealed in the future, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Personally I'm glad it's not another 8-bit nostalgia rehash like the last two were.
I dunno, part of me kinda hopes that there's an optional 8-bit mode included as an unlockable or DLC or something..... but that's just me, lol.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-08, 21:20   Link #7
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Graphics updates are fine but I hope Capcom will stop recycling the same formula over and over for Megaman. If it's like the classics, then this gonna be a really short game. They could learn from the original Megaman's remake and add more playable characters to increase the replay value
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 01:28   Link #8
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Cool stuff, but it's really hard since this series has been stuck with the tried and true but stray too far and then it didn't work. So it can be a really hard place to create anything interesting at this point.

Also, Inafune's role is probably way overstated. He was a character designer and vocal for pushing the series, but I mean, the actual gameplay didn't seem to have him in a major role (so it was kinda no surprise mighty no.9 was no good...)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 03:30   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Personally, I liked the battle network series the best. Platforming is great, but I think tactical combat (yes, even battlechip challenge) and RPG adventures were the most amazing parts of the series.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 11:19   Link #10
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So, here is the Imagin-Nation episode on Megaman 11 that was aired on NHK World:https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/imagine/2002325/
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 00:53   Link #11
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I'm pretty shocked. The control and feel is really good and the new gears are actually well put into the gameplay. Game also makes you slow down instead of trying to shoot/tank through/ignore everything.

Probably the best MM game for like the last 2 decades tbh.

Though I'm getting rekt atm. >.>

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2019-05-15, 12:51   Link #12
The Green One

Anyone else remember playing Mega Man 1 as a kid and reaching the Yellow Devil for the first time? I do.

Heh, I also remember renting Mega Man 2 and reaching the final Wily battle and as a kid not realizing he's only vulnerable to one weapon and thinking he's just flat out invincible and impossible then giving up. lol...... I was a pretty naive kid.....
Old 2019-05-15, 19:37   Link #13
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Anyone else remember playing Mega Man 1 as a kid and reaching the Yellow Devil for the first time? I do.

Heh, I also remember renting Mega Man 2 and reaching the final Wily battle and as a kid not realizing he's only vulnerable to one weapon and thinking he's just flat out invincible and impossible then giving up. lol...... I was a pretty naive kid.....
Weirdly that might be the proper approach to take in some cases in the modern era of gaming. "They just released a busted game with an immortal boss. Time to give up."
Old 2019-05-16, 00:12   Link #14
The Green One

Eh I was just a kid, I didn't know any better. Online guides weren't really a thing back then yet. Or at least wasn't something I was accessing. Come to think of it, I never did actually finish that game. Maybe I'll go play it sometime.....
Old 2019-05-21, 12:15   Link #15
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Old games tended to have arbitrarily mechanics that required trial and error.... or more like the developers didn't give a fuck (eg. Mega Man X6 having unwinnable stages if you had the wrong combination. And even with "Correct" combinations, required physics abuse to even complete.). If you've played a lot of Mega Man, you'll know that they like to troll by having the worst weapon as the last boss weakness a lot of the time, but even that can be weird since sometimes things look good on paper but arne't (like every mine/bomb weapon ever). In X6 Sigma's weakness was the Dung Beettle's weapon which doesn't work well at all, making it literally a piece of shit.

I think it was more like beating a game wasn't meant to be the norm so the end parts tended to be w/e and just saved for the masochists that are still playing the stuff. In many games, they were just repeats of former stages, like in Mario Bros you would see the exact same stages but platforms were smaller. That's why the passwords didn't even go past the first Wily Castle stage. The game is telling you to get a life.

MyAnimeList || Reviews