AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-16, 04:50   Link #641
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Ahhhh...they all passed =D so we got our happy ending, I wonder what'll happen in the next chapter?
Old 2010-08-16, 05:25   Link #642
Pikawai
Blabla

Poor Sawa-chan, they all forgot about her.

Am I the only one who think that Mugi is somehow involved about the results? It was implied in the previous chapter and now we have a bit of confirmation with Ritsu' confession and keep in mind that this university is supposed to be very prestigious...etc.

Anyway, one more chapter to go, I hope Kakifly-sensei will make a spin-off.
Pikawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:32   Link #643
krko
The Movie is Coming

Yui was the one who got the glomping this time. Nice reversal of roles there.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:44   Link #644
Sparvid
*hic*

One thing that struck me yesterday was that if the plan is to end the manga completely, then why have the minor subplot of Azusa teaching Mugi how to play the guitar?

Azusa's reaction to Ritsu's result reminded me of Lucky Star ("How did Tsukasa get accepted to this school?")
Old 2010-08-16, 07:05   Link #645
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikawai View Post
Poor Sawa-chan, they all forgot about her.
Despair for the coming school year as no more cake and tea from Mugi. Or is it? Ui will be taking her role.

I'm expecting a new member or two as Azunyan, Ui and Jun form the new Keion club. Remember without four members they can't make a club.

Also Azunyan is Mio's successor.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 09:12   Link #646
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Also Azunyan is Mio's successor.
I think that role goes to Jun, given that she too highly looks up to Mio, and she also plays bass guitar.

I expect Azusa to follow in Yui's footsteps.
Old 2010-08-16, 09:32   Link #647
itzglez
♫♫♪

it's gonna end TT_TT
itzglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 11:08   Link #648
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

So in the next (and final) chapter, they're all gonna say their goodbyes...

I actually don't like the idea of another club forming (well, it being carried on). K-ON was about those five girls jamming out together, I don't think I'd like it if it continued/ended in a form of brand new members.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 11:29   Link #649
Pikawai
Blabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
So in the next (and final) chapter, they're all gonna say their goodbyes...

I actually don't like the idea of another club forming (well, it being carried on). K-ON was about those five girls jamming out together, I don't think I'd like it if it continued/ended in a form of brand new members.
I agree but a Spin-Off with the HTT members (minus Azusa) would be great.

PS: Azusa can join them later.
Old 2010-08-16, 12:14   Link #650
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikawai View Post
I agree but a Spin-Off with the HTT members (minus Azusa) would be great.

PS: Azusa can join them later.
Or the whole shebang could end where the girls say their goodbyes, and the author can mightily resist the urge to ride a motorcycle really fast up a ramp, sail over a Carcharodon carcharias, afterwards landing on a ramp set up on the other side . . .

YMMV, though.
Old 2010-08-16, 12:39   Link #651
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Ricchan shall be praised as an idiot.... forever. *lol how did Ritsu get accepted in this school? is it hax?*
Old 2010-08-16, 17:58   Link #652
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I think that role goes to Jun, given that she too highly looks up to Mio, and she also plays bass guitar.

I expect Azusa to follow in Yui's footsteps.
Given she is a mini-Mio she's have her own fan club.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 23:44   Link #653
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I wonder if it will end with them playing at Budakon.....
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 00:54   Link #654
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oddly I think showing the girls in college/trying to go professional wouldn't be "jumping the shark" as some consider it. It would be progression. How often does manga go into college years? Most series focus on High School life.

One does wonder if Azusa can keep the high school's Light Music Club going by herself for one more year since she needs four members and it would be her own, Jun and Ui's last year of High School.
Old 2010-08-17, 01:29   Link #655
Pikawai
Blabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Or the whole shebang could end where the girls say their goodbyes, and the author can mightily resist the urge to ride a motorcycle really fast up a ramp, sail over a Carcharodon carcharias, afterwards landing on a ramp set up on the other side . . .

YMMV, though.
Of course he can but poor him lol.

As I said before it'll be great if he did a Spin-Off, needless to say that it will not be the end of the world if he didn't. I'll look forward to his next manga and I hope it will be as good as Kiyohiko Azuma'.

I survived the end of FMA and Lost, I certainly will survive the end of K-On!
Old 2010-08-17, 02:17   Link #656
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Oddly I think showing the girls in college/trying to go professional wouldn't be "jumping the shark" as some consider it. It would be progression. How often does manga go into college years? Most series focus on High School life.

One does wonder if Azusa can keep the high school's Light Music Club going by herself for one more year since she needs four members and it would be her own, Jun and Ui's last year of High School.
The easiest answer to the lack of a fourth member: a transfer student, allowing the club to end properly with Azusa and co's graduation.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 08:51   Link #657
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Probably someone will invite them to Budokan in an instant (problem solved). Then Mio trips and shows off her striped pan-

Mio: DON'T JINX IT!!! *pinch*

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-08-17, 10:32   Link #658
Pachael
原作通り

Suggest kakifly will end it in a fairly cliche way (but still nice) in that the keionbu will be short of girls for the band and is in danger of being disbanded so Azunyan Ui and maybe Jun will try and rally the troops while hanging out with their seniors from time to time.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 13:09   Link #659
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

The whole franchise seems to be a coming-of-age story. It starts out with the two best friends since childhood and their unrealistic dreams of performing at the Budokan. They form this high school garage band, but bond with their bandmates through school activities and other culturally-acceptable forms of feminine bonding . . . far moreso than they do through their music. They have their fun playing in the band, but in the end, they have to grow up. So, unsurprisingly, the final acts of the manga are of the girls working towards their college entrance exams, and celebrating at getting accepted into college.

Remember, this is a Japanese coming-of-age story. The moral of it is going to be "conformity is best." Another example: Sawako's rebellious, over-the-top youth isn't celebrated. It's treated as something to be embarrassed about. To be played up for cheap laughs. It's also something that she's paying for, since, in pursuit of a school-age romance, she became increasingly non-conformist until the boy she was interested in told her that she went too far. Now, she's "Christmas cake." In the West, she'd be beating guys off with a stick.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:46   Link #660
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
The whole franchise seems to be a coming-of-age story. It starts out with the two best friends since childhood and their unrealistic dreams of performing at the Budokan. They form this high school garage band, but bond with their bandmates through school activities and other culturally-acceptable forms of feminine bonding . . . far moreso than they do through their music. They have their fun playing in the band, but in the end, they have to grow up. So, unsurprisingly, the final acts of the manga are of the girls working towards their college entrance exams, and celebrating at getting accepted into college.
I thought yuri, since the 1990s in Japan, has become an acceptable form of feminine bonding.

Quote:
Remember, this is a Japanese coming-of-age story. The moral of it is going to be "conformity is best." Another example: Sawako's rebellious, over-the-top youth isn't celebrated. It's treated as something to be embarrassed about. To be played up for cheap laughs. It's also something that she's paying for, since, in pursuit of a school-age romance, she became increasingly non-conformist until the boy she was interested in told her that she went too far. Now, she's "Christmas cake." In the West, she'd be beating guys off with a stick.
So you are putting your bets on that their college life is going to be another White Album?

However, throughout the entire series, there is an indication that Sawako is coming to accept her rebellious youth as part of herself and no longer shy about it - thanks to the keionbu. Anyway, what year did she graduate from?

Actually, my intuition tells me that the mangaka is female rather than male. And with such lateral character depth, I do suspect that she's either drawing from the POV of Mugi or Mio.

Hopefully it is Mugi. Then if there is a spin-off, we can see more actio - *gets bludgeoned to death with an amp*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life