AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 31 41.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 25.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 20.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 09:53   Link #41
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Raise your hand if you were expecting the town to be a burning pile of ash when the guard called Horo's tail cheap wolf pelt.

*Raises Hand*

That said there are so many awesome Horo faces in in this episode of nothing happening that I have no idea which is best. That little back and forth ditty by the stairs was writing gold.

I really don't mind that nothing really happens in this episode. Sometimes it's when nothing happens and they and up talking up the time that this show really shines the brightest.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:15   Link #42
neshru

Oh, they skipped an entire volume? Doesn't it contain stuff important to the story?
Old 2009-08-21, 12:17   Link #43
darknile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
next on my figurine list is to find a good Horo one to add to my collection.

Also, I'm alittle confused as to how Wolf incarnation -> wheat.
How does Horo being a wolf allow her to protect the wheat harvest?
Well, Horo is an un-natural being, so it really doesn't matter that she can use wheat to tap into her abilities. All we know is when she came into contact with human beings (especially in Pasroe[?]) she was kinda young for her species back in the day (around 100ish when she left Yoitsu) and she promised some young boy in Pasroe who wasn't afraid of her, that she'd watch over their town harvest. Since then the villagers of Pasroe worshipped her as a diety/god even though it wasn't really her thing.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:21   Link #44
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Beautifull episode.

Is it just me or are our two protagonists acting like newlyweds? The fooling around, all the little attentions, the good natured teasing...

The only problem is that they're so busy being happy together that they're not noticing they've walked into an extremely messy situation...
Old 2009-08-21, 13:57   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, that guard who not only pawed Horo but insulted her tail needs to die.

When I saw blondie, I thought "Another competitor for Lawrence, like Amati". After the reveal that he was a she, I thought "Yay! Yuri!".
Old 2009-08-21, 13:58   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WOW the atmosphere between Horo and Lawrence just went through the roof. I enjoyed every scene of them together from beginning to end. My favorite of course being the stairway scene when Horo stumbled Lawrence caught her. She snuggled up nice and tight afterwards.

I also enjoyed how they both agreed there was something funny going on in the town. However Horo asked that they stop whatever it is that they are about to get themselves into before they get too deep. Seem Horo has learned a few things from the multiple incidents that have occurred because of them chasing the almighty coin.

cant wait to see where this new adventure leads them. But at least there is no question now about what the two feel for each other even if kind of unspoken as Lawrence said its embarrassing lol
Old 2009-08-21, 14:03   Link #47
TrueKnight

Truly an awesome ep. Its basically a set up episode for a bigger event later on but so many Lawrence x Horo interaction to make it more than worthwhile. Lawrence's being smart as always and a ladies man who know how to treat his woman well while Horo is the intelligent princess who also know how to please her man in a playful way, they're so meant for each other.

I agree that the play between Lawrence and Horo before and at the inn stairs was the episode's highlight, so funny and enjoyable to watch.

Edit: Lol 3 different posts in 6 minutes.
Old 2009-08-21, 18:21   Link #48
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
LAWL , indeed it is cookies.
kOOkies?
Old 2009-08-21, 18:40   Link #49
QuickSilverD
Claymore fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATiWolF View Post
They Clipped Volume 4 From the Anime?!! !!!!
That Was The Volume I wanted most to see animated. I feel cheated (both for my self and even more for those who haven't-or are reluctant to-read it).

Now That i think about it, They did neglect to include some crucial dialogue in the Deanna scenes that would open up any possibility for the evens of the 4th novel to even happen...

Lame...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Can anyone tell me what happens in vol4? I don't read the novels (can only find the manga?) and I don't mind spoilers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Now that was a great episode!

Too bad vol 4 got skipped, there were good bits in there. But this is certainly epic! Finally a point for Lawrence on the stairs! You can tell this volume is gonna be good.
Quote:
Cookies.
Whether Or Not You Take That Single Word Summary Seriously Is Up To You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Can't believe they thought they could skip
Spoiler for vol4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
LAWL , indeed it is cookies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
kOOkies?
Seriously could anyone tell me (or PM me) what happens in Volume 4?
Old 2009-08-21, 20:15   Link #50
BashZeStampeedo

Better the second time around

I couldn't resist watching this episode a second time, to catch all the details. It really grew on me, it just puts me in such a good mood.

Horo's really ruined Lawrence, hasn't she? He's trying way too hard to find a "perfect moment" to speak his heart. Even she seems to be getting impatient now, and frankly it serves her right

Also, what word is it that Horo is using to call Lawrence a fool? I'm so used to hearing "baka" that I find the word the subs translate to "fool" to be oddly beautiful, especially coming from Ami Koshimizu.
Old 2009-08-21, 21:11   Link #51
sarahwest

Though I didnt read the novels and neither do I understand Japanese;
1. here is a good summary of volume 4 I read on MAL:
Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus87
for those that want to know what happens in volume 4 in a minute-2 minutes, read this
Spoiler:
2. I did read somewhere that the way Horo speaks isn't quite the usual/modern Japanese, which should be understandable since she is the wise "600 year old" wolf, hence why she didn't use "baka" (i could imagine it would sound stupid if she did use that)
Old 2009-08-21, 22:21   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Feel bad it took some time to comment on this episode. God this just was a joy to watch. Lawrence and Horo interactions are enough to keep me satisfied no matter what else is going on around them. A nice change from all the time they spent apart last arc.

Still just had to love that 'perfomance' they put on near the end of the episode with the magic spells. I must say Lawrence did a great job when it came to restoring the spell . I mean he even had Horo speechless. Though Horo is at her best when speaking those stunned moments are special in their own way.

Blushing Lawrence really is weird. Not that it isn't understandable when he does it. Just that it is weird.

Surprised they skipped volume 4 like that. At least it's been translated and we can read it instead.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:01   Link #53
ATiWolF
Converted Horoist =D

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwest View Post
Though I didnt read the novels and neither do I understand Japanese;
1. here is a good summary of volume 4 I read on MAL:
Why Always The Quick And Easy Route? We all know by this point that everyone's favorite wolf-reincarnate values actual effort.

The interplay between Lawrence and Horo in this latest episode-IMO- isn't as pleasurable as what you would find in the forth volume. That oh-so-close moment on the stairs toward the end of this episode? That was nothing. I didn't read of anything like that in the aforementioned summary which just focused on the plot. The plot of chapter 4 is merely a wrapper for the true treat of this series.

I urge those few stranglers to drop the stubborn act and just read that darn chapter.

Consider putting the entire spice and wolf series into a bite-size summary...I bet you won't find that enjoyable.
Old 2009-08-22, 07:37   Link #54
sarahwest

Quote:
Why Always The Quick And Easy Route? We all know by this point that everyone's favorite wolf-reincarnate values actual effort.

The interplay between Lawrence and Horo in this latest episode-IMO- isn't as pleasurable as what you would find in the forth volume. That oh-so-close moment on the stairs toward the end of this episode? That was nothing. I didn't read of anything like that in the aforementioned summary which just focused on the plot. The plot of chapter 4 is merely a wrapper for the true treat of this series.

I urge those few stranglers to drop the stubborn act and just read that darn chapter.

Consider putting the entire spice and wolf series into a bite-size summary...I bet you won't find that enjoyable.
tagged under spoiler so it shouldn't spoil the others.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-22, 08:27   Link #55
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Spoiler:
Some ppl are just elitist.

Man the whole town is creepy, I keep expecting the villagers to go Resident Evil 4 on the duo.
Old 2009-08-22, 08:36   Link #56
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ironically I have a friend who reads the manga who, while he does really like the aforementioned cut volume, doesn't mind that it wasn't animated.

And who knows. From what he told me it seem like a stand-alone event, so they may animated it at some point in the series.
Old 2009-08-22, 11:46   Link #57
ATiWolF
Converted Horoist =D

Unhappy

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for sarawest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Man the whole town is creepy, I keep expecting the villagers to go Resident Evil 4 on the duo.
uhhuh. When they first rode into town, everyone seemed up to no good. Then they brought up the issue with fur. Since the protagonist seem out of place and have fur(the ones in the cart), they might try to pin the fur problem on them if its pinnable Or the fur issue might impede Lawrence's busines. This could get interesting. Can't wait for Wednesday.
Old 2009-08-22, 12:45   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
uhhuh. When they first rode into town, everyone seemed up to no good. Then they brought up the issue with fur. Since the protagonist seem out of place and have fur(the ones in the cart), they might try to pin the fur problem on them if its pinnable Or the fur issue might impede Lawrence's busines. This could get interesting. Can't wait for Wednesday.
Of course I thought the whole thing would get messy just with Horo getting patted down and then having the quality of her tail attacked. Figured we might hear news of a certain individual being attacked by an angry giant wolf . But should be interesting to see what trouble Horo and Lawrence are going to get themselves into this time around.
Old 2009-08-24, 00:54   Link #59
Keitava

Great episode, and thanks for the info about the 4th volume of the novel. I, too, wanted to know about it. And i'll read the novel, for sure, but because the lack of time, it will take some time to get there.

Lawrence and Horo interaction was simply great. All the non-interaction of the other episodes can be redeemed by the stairs scene.

And do fucking want to know who's the sheik-like-girl.
Old 2009-08-24, 02:54   Link #60
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Wow, these two were really affectionate this episode. Its nice to see them hugging and kissing on eachother.

Beside that the episode didn't really have anything going on. The 50 man meeting sounds interesting.

Also when Lawrence has that knife and is talking about doing something to fur he is making a joke about shaving right?
Closed Thread