AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-24, 17:58   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Toradora! - Character Discussion - Kushieda Minori

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kushieda Minori related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Toradora! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-12-06 at 04:48.
Old 2008-10-24, 18:10   Link #2
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
What is ADHD?

According to the 1994, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Ed. IV, (DSM-IV) ADHD is a Disruptive Behavior Disorder characterized by the presence of a set of chronic and impairing behavior patterns that display abnormal levels of inattention, hyperactivity, or their combination.

Symptom Checklist for ADHD

A professional uses this symptom checklist to make the diagnosis of ADHD.

Criteria: Inattention or Hyperactivity-Impulsivity Behavior has persisted for at least six months and to such a degree that it is maladaptive and inconsistent with developmental level. Must present with six or more of the following:

1. Inattention

a) often fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities
b) often has difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activities
c) often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly
d) often does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions)
e) often has difficulty organizing tasks and activities
f) often avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort (such as schoolwork or homework)
g) often loses things necessary for tasks or activities (toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools) h) is often easily distracted by extraneous stimuli
i) is often forgetful in daily activities

2. Hyperactivity-Impulsivity Hyperactivity

a) often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
b) often leaves seat in classroom or in other situations in which remaining seated is expected
c) often runs about or climbs excessively in situations in which it is inappropriate (in adolescents or adults, may be limited to subjective feelings of restlessness)
d) often has difficulty playing or engaging in leisure activities quietly
e) is often "on the go" or often acts as if "driven by a motor"
f) often talks excessively

Impulsivity

a) often blurts out answers before questions have been completed
b) often has difficulty awaiting turn
c) often interrupts or intrudes on others (e.g., butts into conversations or games)

Source

Of course it is debatable. To me, she struck me as one of this people.
Old 2008-10-24, 18:51   Link #3
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
stormy: Funnily enough, I happen to have ADHD. XD

But anyway, the "Inattention" and "Impulsivity" sections don't really seem to fit Minori, but the "Hyperactivity" one definitely does (specifically, e) and f), the first part of c), and potentially d), though I don't think we've seen her playing anything that one generally plays quietly).
Old 2008-10-24, 22:23   Link #4
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
lol stormy what's up with all the psychological analyses ? She's definitely hyperactive, at the very least. I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about her having some kind of fear.
Old 2008-10-24, 23:03   Link #5
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I guess I am an inattention guy since I have almost all those 'symptoms'.

My thought is that Minori is just a Genki Girl. That's all. She's genki all the way.
Old 2008-10-24, 23:11   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
stormy: Funnily enough, I happen to have ADHD. XD

But anyway, the "Inattention" and "Impulsivity" sections don't really seem to fit Minori, but the "Hyperactivity" one definitely does (specifically, e) and f), the first part of c), and potentially d), though I don't think we've seen her playing anything that one generally plays quietly).
Same, have ADHD here. But as I grow older I seem to have more control, though still prone to making chains of mistakes.

Inattention could actually be part of Minori when she is happily going around giving her photos away while Ryuuji got his hands on the most controversial one. Besides she is always the one talking non-stop without caring about what others are saying (something like Haruhi).

Impulsivity could also be part of her as she would just go and take up multiple jobs without thinking about her own physical health. She also has a problem when it comes to food.

P.S Somehow I feel that her character is modelled physically after Kallen from Code Geass.
Old 2008-10-25, 00:16   Link #7
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S Somehow I feel that her character is modelled physically after Kallen from Code Geass.
The only resemblance I see is hair color. >_>
Old 2008-10-25, 00:21   Link #8
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
The only resemblance I see is hair color. >_>
Agreed. I personally find her reminding me of Siesta from ZnT.
Old 2008-10-25, 01:58   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm ADD (not diagnosed until a few years ago) but not hyperactive. Minorin has a lot of ferret in her that imply ADD but not necessarily hyperactivity. It may also be that she's all over the place to both distract from deeper issues or to avoid having to confront certain things.
Old 2008-10-25, 04:34   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Agreed. I personally find her reminding me of Siesta from ZnT.
Siesta is a little more klutzy though. But most of the girls around Rie Kugimiya tsunderes are usually extremely weak or yandere in disguise.
Old 2008-10-25, 05:19   Link #11
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Siesta is a little more klutzy though. But most of the girls around Rie Kugimiya tsunderes are usually extremely weak or yandere in disguise.
You do have the rare competent one, though, every now and then. (Example: Maria, from Hayate no Gotoku. Then again, she's voiced by Rie Tanaka, who voiced Suigin-tou in Rozen Maiden, so...*shrugs*.)
Old 2008-10-25, 19:10   Link #12
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Apart from the fact she's hyper I don't really see much connection, but then I am sceptical about the ADHD thing anyhow, that list basically just says "some people don't fit the straitjacket that society designed for them so we're going to call them abnormal because that straitjacket looks just fine to us". (I mean people were not designed to sit still like is expected of you in class, such stuff is unnatural, of course some people will figdet and want to get on with something other than sit and stare at a blackboard.)

The main thing to me about Minori is that she appears to be trying to mask some issue in her life by keeping herself busy. Ep.3 is a good hint I think, it's like she's scared by things in life and has decided that the best way to cope is to confront it head-on.

Close this thread, Open the nexT

Last edited by Samatarou; 2008-10-26 at 13:51. Reason: correction
Old 2008-10-25, 20:08   Link #13
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
Ep.4 is a good hint I think, it's like she's scared by things in life and has decided that the best way to cope is to confront it head-on.
...You mean episode 3?
Old 2008-10-26, 00:54   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
The main thing to me about Minori is that she appears to be trying to mask some issue in her life by keeping herself busy. Ep.4 is a good hint I think, it's like she's scared by things in life and has decided that the best way to cope is to confront it head-on.
Yeah thats the kind of thing I'm more interested in. What has happened or is currently going on to make her use the energy and just staying busy as a way to cope. Definitely episode 3 showed how she deals with uncomfortable or frightening situations by staying active and not just sitting around.

Anyways curious about how things might develop with her and Ryuugi. Lot against it with her right now not showing interest in the romantic sense. Not to mention the guy has Taiga against him on that front until he's wrapped up things for her.
Old 2008-10-26, 09:20   Link #15
Toffeerollx
TsuruyaxMikuru Glomp~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Toffeerollx
Quote:
The main thing to me about Minori is that she appears to be trying to mask some issue in her life by keeping herself busy. Ep.4 is a good hint I think, it's like she's scared by things in life and has decided that the best way to cope is to confront it head-on.
I agree. She does seem and try to hide things and avoid these things that might of happened in the past, or maybe it's just fears, by keeping active and making her personality hyper and optimistic.

But I hope something happens, like a confession, because she's getting on my nerves... Then I can know what's going on...
Old 2008-10-26, 11:43   Link #16
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Yahohoy! The thread I requested! (I think).

Go Midorin! She totally owns and beats anyone in this anime at anything! mwuahaha!

Gotta love her happy-happy personality.
Old 2008-10-26, 13:50   Link #17
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
...You mean episode 3?
That's the one. These number thingies can be so confusing.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-10-28, 00:32   Link #18
Echoes

She quickly became my favorite character after episode 3. She's great at cheering, I hope we'll see some more of that. Her whole personality is simply adorable.
Old 2008-10-28, 01:21   Link #19
XenophunK
INACTIVITY

Send a message via MSN to XenophunK
Quote:
These number thingies can be so confusing.
I will not lie. I laughed.

Also, one of my favourite characters.

who thinks the girl is yandere
Old 2008-10-28, 04:14   Link #20
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Lol. Her actions move faster than her brain. Me likey.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, drama