AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 09:23   Link #42081
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
How smart a move would it have been for Ichika to have the mechanism that let him use Reiraku Byakuya removed then switch it with extra batteries/capacitors?
Smart, bu HE is not smart enough to do that by himself

First of all, he need clearance from the factory

And Chifuyu

Assuming that solved, he also need tech-savvy people, at least on Kanzashi's caliber
Old 2013-04-27, 09:37   Link #42082
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But that would've been a huge help. I mean Reiraku Byakuya basically has the same function as Yukihira. It just feels redundant. And then Reiraku Byakuya just being there already messes with his energy cap. Then its activation just power drains him.

:/

Instead of an advantage it feels like a giant shackle. There isn't a thing it does that the Yukihira doesn't. Which is honestly just one thing.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 09:45   Link #42083
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No

Yukihira certainly cannot nullify energy the way RB does, it simply bypass energy shield.

Without RB, ByakuShiki become even more of a glass ninja than before, unless you put some hefty armor plating on it.

At any rate, Yukihira is not a tool for amateur like Ichika is. Remember Chifuyu is a hypocrite.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:46   Link #42084
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hmmm... Reiraku Byakuya is an energy shield? BTW I'm talking about 1st shift Byakushiki.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:46   Link #42085
HasuMasu
*Artist

Based on my crack-theory Byakushiki only half an IS at most anyway.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 09:51   Link #42086
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Reiryaku Byakuya is anti-energy FIELD, basically it'll stop anything thermal or electric, but nothing solid.

And yeah, what Box said. Before Tabane's intervention, the factory claimed that ByakuShiki is flat out inoperable
Old 2013-04-27, 09:56   Link #42087
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My brain is working in the weirdest of ways right now... so it's anti-energy field. This indicates that it is 360 degree protection at any and all spherical angles... Dammit Izuru!

Setsura IS a downgrade >.>
Old 2013-04-27, 09:58   Link #42088
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The 360 degree version is hard to activate

The frontal projection is much easier to execute due to Setsura, definitely not a downgrade.

And for some stupid plot nerf reason, RB actually consume energy... what the fuck.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:08   Link #42089
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The whole pairing the machine with Akatsubaki sounds stupid too -_-" mostly because the upgrades come one after the other. When you look at them outside of plot they actuallu sound cool. But on closer inspection there is too little understanding of them.

And Yukihira confuses me as a blade does it pass through shields or does it tear them apart?
Old 2013-04-27, 10:15   Link #42090
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
The whole pairing the machine with Akatsubaki sounds stupid too -_-" mostly because the upgrades come one after the other. When you look at them outside of plot they actuallu sound cool. But on closer inspection there is too little understanding of them.
Tabane, son.

Tabane had in-universe omnipotence, and meta amount of plot force.

Quote:
And Yukihira confuses me as a blade does it pass through shields or does it tear them apart?
Technically, it slice through like butter and preventing the barrier from reforming.

Draining the target's battery like hell, much faster than the amount of energy needed to sustain Yukihira.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:23   Link #42091
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wait... Let's compare... The fact Byakushiki has this uniue OOA activation device neuters much of the IS energy capacitors. Which is why it only has 600 starting shield than standard 800. Then add to that ther OOA grants temporary invulnerbility to a class of weapons currently used by only 2 known countries and later a new gen model. For some reason my hed hurts but I'll continue. Since this OOA negates energy it should be able to negate AIC while active.

Here are my notes if it has the OOA device.
- temporary partial invincibility
- practically no endurance

OOA device removed:
- shield returns to 800 by default after removal
- add battery or generator for stronger shield AKA lower shield attenuation
- still susceptible to all forms of weapons.

Do I have this all right?

Nd the reason for Byakushiki not functioning is the OOA device. Basically if that had been removed in the first place then Byakushiki could have worked fine from the start...?

Also, Yukihira only cuts shields or any energy?
Old 2013-04-27, 10:27   Link #42092
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
- add battery or generator for stronger shield AKA lower shield attenuation
No matter how efficient the shield generator is, the moment you activate Yukihira's barrier void, the shield stopped working.

ByakuShiki suck because everything it boasted also work against itself, and yet it has plot force only rivaled by AkaTsubaki.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:29   Link #42093
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So Yukihira makes the shield stop working? Not drain it?

Also with Yukihira cutting just shield or does it cut energy?
Old 2013-04-27, 10:33   Link #42094
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yukihira drain that MUCH energy that even Absolute Defense (you know, like, quintessential pilot lifesaver) is severely weakened, with normal barrier completely deactivated.

The moment a weapon touch absolute defense, absolute defense will try to reinforce itself and drain a lot of energy in the process. Yukihira is considered OHK because it ignores normal barrier and made a mincemeat of Absolute Defense. Wrong move by the user can easily kill the opponent.

And Chifuyu not warned Ichika about this because saying "you suck for not finding about it yourself" is better.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:37   Link #42095
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So the sword itself generates a shield negating field? Wouldn't that constitute to energy negation field? In effect all Ichika has to do is stick the activated blade somewhere near the probable firing trajectory and it's negated? I mean he's not exactly dumb as he gets decent grades with a field big enough to negate his own shield he must have a large margin for error.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:40   Link #42096
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
So the sword itself generates a shield negating field? Wouldn't that constitute to energy negation field?
No clear answer in canon, because apparently Izuru himself tend to forget which is which.

My opinion is no, the field does not drain energy, only phase through it like butter (being more dense and energetic)
Old 2013-04-27, 10:43   Link #42097
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Then why not just install a dedicated generator for Yukihira instead of letting it drain the system. Instead of installing something that puts even more strain on the machine? Reiraku Byakuya also drains shield right?
Old 2013-04-27, 10:47   Link #42098
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And that generator is more powerful than I.S. battery how?

(Just to nitpick, to charge I.S. battery with I.S. core require total shutdown for minutes)

Yukihira might use fancy tech, but said fancy tech is practically a chainsaw made of energy barrier. It's weapon of brute power disguised as fine piece of highly impractical ceremonial sword.
Old 2013-04-27, 10:53   Link #42099
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How many nuclear reactors does it take to compare to an IS core?

And which would be preferrable? A few minutes of invincibility then utter annihilation after, or a minute of one hit kills before you're reduced to a flight capable basic unit?

That is the idea. The Yukihira doesn't need to be powered indefinitely. It just needs to last as long as it normally does without compromising its own defense. In fairness I'm sure many of you would argue that being reduced to a flying unit with blunt sword is as good as dead but...
Old 2013-04-27, 10:58   Link #42100
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
How many nuclear reactors does it take to compare to an IS core?
No Idea

Quote:
And which would be preferrable? A few minutes of invincibility then utter annihilation after, or a minute of one hit kills before you're reduced to a flight capable basic unit?
Assuming you use it right, both are quite awesome if impractical

But Ichika is not using it right, he can't, he is not godamned Chifuyu. Chifuyu dictated the equipment and forced Ichika to follow her path.

Quote:
That is the idea. The Yukihira doesn't need to be powered indefinitely. It just needs to last as long as it normally does without compromising its own defense. In fairness I'm sure many of you would argue that being reduced to a flying unit with blunt sword is as good as dead but...
I myself think the beam saber idea being void by default is absurd

ST version has 4 modes for that

> Solid
> Solid + Barrier Void
> Beam
> Beam + Barrier Void

The most used? Beam saber, without barrier void. It's not as energy intensive, but still effective for the most part.

And for safety reason, Ichika mostly use Solid blade when he activate barrier void. Barrier void will phase through, but solid blade won't pierce Absolute defense.

Beam + Barrier void is when he need overkill, such as Golem in chapter 7.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest