AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 22:03   Link #401
dannclark

Well in all honesty to me sora seem's to be off in her own little fantasy world, why would a basically full grown man (assuming by the later novels he's 20 since he said he would be 20 in a few months in volume 1) be interested in a middle schooler? not only that i'm almost positive he'll always see her as the little kid he helped when she was jut a small child. I know as an adult obviously 5 years isnt much for a relationship but shes still just a little girl atm and he's obviously head over heels for raika. Now shiori i can understand a little, shes a second year highschool student (presumably close to a 3rd year now since its been a year since the beginning of the novel) and is only about 2 or so years younger than yuuta thats doable but once again he's in love with raika and if he wasn't serious about that he would of given up long ago due to her quirkiness. What annoys me is how sora just acts like a little brat and butt's in without even giving a reason whenever yuuta finally sets up a good atmosphere with raika from what i've read they have never been alone for less than a sentence in the novel lol it shits me i'm sorry but it does.
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 22:24   Link #402
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Well in all honesty to me sora seem's to be off in her own little fantasy world, why would a basically full grown man (assuming by the later novels he's 20 since he said he would be 20 in a few months in volume 1) be interested in a middle schooler? not only that i'm almost positive he'll always see her as the little kid he helped when she was jut a small child. I know as an adult obviously 5 years isnt much for a relationship but shes still just a little girl atm and he's obviously head over heels for raika. Now shiori i can understand a little, shes a second year highschool student (presumably close to a 3rd year now since its been a year since the beginning of the novel) and is only about 2 or so years younger than yuuta thats doable but once again he's in love with raika and if he wasn't serious about that he would of given up long ago due to her quirkiness. What annoys me is how sora just acts like a little brat and butt's in without even giving a reason whenever yuuta finally sets up a good atmosphere with raika from what i've read they have never been alone for less than a sentence in the novel lol it shits me i'm sorry but it does.
It's because she's in love. Don't you ever in love with someone? Sora's behavior is pretty normal if you ask me. She just hit puberty and a normal maiden in love.
Old 2012-02-09, 22:46   Link #403
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Well in all honesty to me Sora seems to be off in her own little fantasy world. Why would a basically full grown man (assuming by the later novels he's 20 since he said he would be 20 in a few months in volume 1) be interested in a Middle Schooler?

Not only that I'm almost positive he'll always see her as the little kid he helped when she was jut a small child. I know as an adult obviously 5 years isn't much for a relationship but she's still just a little girl atm and he's obviously head over heels for Raika.

Now Shiori I can understand a little; she's a second year High School student (presumably close to a 3rd year now since its been a year since the beginning of the novel) and is only about 2 or so years younger than Yuuta - that's doable. But once again he's in love with Raika and if he wasn't serious about that he would have given up long ago due to her quirkiness.

What annoys me is how Sora just acts like a little brat and butts in without even giving a reason whenever Yuuta finally sets up a good atmosphere with Raika. From what I've read they have never been alone for less than a sentence in the novel. Lol - it shits me ... I'm sorry, but it does.
Hafta agree with Valky - it is love pure and simple. How Sora behaves does not seem out of the ordinary to me at all.
Old 2012-02-09, 22:46   Link #404
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Like what bakAnki. It really depends whom you rooting. As for me, I'll leave my judgement until I read all of the volumes So for now, no comment. Maybe I'll see it in the anime.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 23:11   Link #405
Shadow5YA

Quote:
That's called "unrequited love". Since when did loving someone ever require the other person to love you back?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 23:44   Link #406
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's called "unrequited love". Since when did loving someone ever require the other person to love you back?
It doesn't but if your love visibly makes others miserable i think thats pretty bad, its not like shes trying to compete for his love shes just preventing anything from happening really as she doesnt make any moves herself its more like a "im not going to do anything, but no one else can have him" situation its unfair, if shes in love fantastic but do it the right way.
Old 2012-02-10, 00:00   Link #407
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
It doesn't but if your love visibly makes others miserable i think thats pretty bad, its not like shes trying to compete for his love shes just preventing anything from happening really as she doesnt make any moves herself its more like a "im not going to do anything, but no one else can have him" situation its unfair, if shes in love fantastic but do it the right way.
She's just 14, looks like Sora doesn't know what is the right way to express her love without being awkward since Yuuta is her uncle/guardian. And she is the shy type whom actually bad with male, except Yuuta.

On the other side, even if Sora didn't interfere, you'll think Yuuta will make his move on Raika, being a timid guy with almost zero experience with woman? Even if he did, Raika probably didn't get what he means since she's such an airhead. At this point Raika probably will misinterpret Yuuta's move
I think she needs to become less an airhead to get the hints that Yuuta likes her. If she still sees Yuuta as her observation subject, or still not sure what he is to her, then it's still a long way to got for them whatever Yuuta attempts to get closer to her
Old 2012-02-10, 00:05   Link #408
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
She's just 14, looks like Sora doesn't know what is the right way to express her love without being awkward since Yuuta is her uncle/guardian. And she is the shy type whom actually bad with male, except Yuuta.

On the other side, even if Sora didn't interfere, you'll think Yuuta will make his move on Raika, being a timid guy with almost zero experience with woman? Even if he did, Raika probably didn't get what he means since she's such an airhead. At this point Raika probably will misinterpret Yuuta's move
I think she needs to become less an airhead to get the hints that Yuuta likes her. If she still sees Yuuta as her observation subject, or still not sure what he is to her, then it's still a long way to got for them whatever Yuuta attempts to get closer to her
i think its just because "tsun-tsun" characters annoy me alot thats why i dont like her that much also im a massive raika fan. I like the airheadedness thats what makes her interesting. An yeah Yuuta is pretty cowardly on the relationship front himself but im assuming thats all part of character growth for example it would be pretty dissapointing if he didnt learn how to cook get a better paying job support the girls because thats all part of him growing and you could say raika's emotionlessness hopefully improves as the story continues and she opens up a little. It would be a dissapointing story if everyone just stayed the same and no one changed. I honestly hope yuuta becomes a little more reliable because he isnt doing all that great but in all honesty their realistic mistakes any 19-20 year old would make looking after 3 minors but it would be impressive if he kept getting better.
Old 2012-02-10, 03:17   Link #409
dannclark

Vol 2 chapter 1 is out on BT.
Old 2012-02-10, 03:21   Link #410
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

ah what did you delete Larethian? I'm curious all of a sudden.
Old 2012-02-10, 03:26   Link #411
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Vol 2 chapter 1 is out on BT.
Wow ... fast work!

Kudos to all those involved with this, and many thanks!
Old 2012-02-10, 03:35   Link #412
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Wow ... fast work!

Kudos to all those involved with this, and many thanks!
Sooooo quick. And their big chapters to, boku wa tomodachi is like less than half the size and it takes so long, not trying to offend anyone who is working on it and is viewing this page i know you everyones busy so no complaints from me lol. But yeah dude this is awesome a new chapter gets released like every day or 2
Old 2012-02-10, 04:42   Link #413
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
ah what did you delete Larethian? I'm curious all of a sudden.
I misread a post so my comment became irrelevant.

Quote:
Sooooo quick. And their big chapters to, boku wa tomodachi is like less than half the size and it takes so long, not trying to offend anyone who is working on it and is viewing this page i know you everyones busy so no complaints from me lol. But yeah dude this is awesome a new chapter gets released like every day or 2
Haganai is not slow, it's just that Zephyrus has godly speed like Teh_Ping and can spare the time.

I think I can be quite fast too, but alas, I can't spare the time, and even less so in the near future.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-02-10 at 05:53.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 05:10   Link #414
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
usually, LN translations go that fast when the anime is airing, adn the speed drops shortly after, most of whats translated of haganai, was translated when the anime was airing, there are some exception though.
Old 2012-02-10, 13:19   Link #415
chiquinl

Dannclark I noticed you were asking some questions 2 pages before, quite a lot of them. Actually if you are interested, in the first pages of this thread they make summaries of almost every volume.
chiquinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 17:29   Link #416
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Spoiler for question:
Spoiler for Ans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
usually, LN translations go that fast when the anime is airing, adn the speed drops shortly after, most of whats translated of haganai, was translated when the anime was airing, there are some exception though.
Won't happen to Papakiki. Zephyrus is quite a steady translator. He did 3 volumes of Kami-memo in two months even though the number of readers (well, at least posters) is low.
Old 2012-02-10, 18:48   Link #417
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Kira bakAniki is asking why she has feelings for him not if she has any.
Old 2012-02-10, 18:59   Link #418
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i guess it's from a pile of misunderstandings and she get to know yuuta better?
Old 2012-02-10, 19:33   Link #419
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Won't happen to Papakiki. Zephyrus is quite a steady translator. He did 3 volumes of Kami-memo in two months even though the number of readers (well, at least posters) is low.
Hey, I'm reading Kamimemo .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 23:12   Link #420
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hey, I'm reading Kamimemo .
I hate tragic Ln's/anime also psychological stuff hate that to

Tags
drama, harem, romance, sd bunko, shounen