Notices

Old 2014-02-08, 20:33   Link #321
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Not according to some people.
Spoiler for vol 2:
Yeah. If I recall, Adolf Hitler was in denial about his inevitable defeat at the hands of the Allies even at the end of WWII and look where that got him. Senneshi's got the facts. The gastrea can multiply as long as the virus and living things exist, but there's no real way to artificially manufacture varanium. Humanity's stuck until mother nature makes more, but it'll never be enough to destroy every gastrea there is and ever will be in the world.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 20:41   Link #322
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Yeah. If I recall, Adolf Hitler was in denial about his inevitable defeat at the hands of the Allies even at the end of WWII and look where that got him. Senneshi's got the facts. The gastrea can multiply as long as the virus and living things exist, but there's no real way to artificially manufacture varanium. Humanity's stuck until mother nature makes more, but it'll never be enough to destroy every gastrea there is and ever will be in the world.
Maybe, but the 'Adolf Hitler' of this series isn't a complete nut job as the Adolf Hitler in RL.Unlike the one in RL, this one is actually intelligent.
Spoiler for Reply to your answer:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 20:45   Link #323
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

@Moe: Kanzaki-san likes to foreshadow a lot (just take a look at that blatant foreshadowing in the volume 5 prologue), and I am with you on the inevitable defeat of the gastrea, this entire thing is just a tension builder for "something we don't know yet" to come.
Old 2014-02-08, 20:50   Link #324
Dark Paladin X

Judging by the description of volume 7:

Spoiler for volume 7 speculations:

Also, there's a TV Tropes page for this series (created by myself obviously). Currently, it covers some content of the Light Novel and most of the manga. However, I have doubts if any of the information I have in the TV Tropes page is accurate or not.

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2014-02-08 at 21:04.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 23:18   Link #325
Mega27

Hmm, volume 7 sounds interesting. =)
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 00:31   Link #326
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post

Also, there's a TV Tropes page for this series (created by myself obviously). Currently, it covers some content of the Light Novel and most of the manga. However, I have doubts if any of the information I have in the TV Tropes page is accurate or not.
Enju turning into a Gastrea is pretty much inevitable. According to the last test,
Spoiler for About Enju:

Quote:

They won't start a genocide of the cursed children, they still needed them to fight the Gastrea, it's more like the existing rights would have been curtailed more than they already did. Last time,
Spoiler for vol 4:
One would worry about what would happen AFTER all the Gastrea are gone. I assume the politicians would want to 'finish the job' only then.

I can somehow see the MC going rogue and becoming a leader of a group of rebels fighting for the rights of the Cursed Children later in the series.

By the way, is the Seitenshi supposed to be the Empress of Japan?

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-02-09 at 00:45.
Old 2014-02-09, 00:53   Link #327
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Enju turning into a Gastrea is pretty much inevitable. According to the last test,
Spoiler for About Enju:

They won't start a genocide of the cursed children, they still needed them to fight the Gastrea, it's more like the existing rights would have been curtailed more than they already did. Last time,
Spoiler for vol 4:
One would worry about what would happen AFTER all the Gastrea are gone. I assume the politicians would want to 'finish the job' only then.

I can somehow see the MC going rogue and becoming a leader of a group of rebels fighting for the rights of the Cursed Children later in the series.
Well all of that makes sense. Then again, there can some cruel evil bastard that wants to kill all the cursed children for one reason or another. I wonder how much hell Rentaro and Enju have to go through along with the cursed children.

I mean Enju happens to be a "nice girl" at heart, yet she's put through utter hell through the series. I hope the author can give Enju a good ending a fate and cure is created for her condition. Then again, as the author shows, there is no such thing as "hope" in the series and it gets darker and darker as we know it.

Spoiler for Tina Sprout:

Spoiler for Seitenshi and volume 7 speculations:

Then again, this series has a lot of grey morality involved, particularly with the politics involving cursed children. This sickeningly reminds me of the South African apartheid government and the Jim Crow law segregation era in the U.S. (if I can compare how the cursed children are treated to history).

Quote:

By the way, is the Seitenshi supposed to be the Empress of Japan?
Spoiler for Seitenshi:
Old 2014-02-09, 00:55   Link #328
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Well all of that makes sense. Then again, there can some cruel evil bastard that wants to kill all the cursed children for one reason or another. I wonder how much hell Rentaro and Enju have to go through along with the cursed children.

I mean Enju happens to be a "nice girl" at heart, yet she's put through utter hell through the series. I hope the author can give Enju a good ending a fate and cure is created for her condition. Then again, as the author shows, there is no such thing as "hope" in the series and it gets darker and darker as we know it.

Spoiler for Tina Sprout:

Then again, this series has a lot of grey morality involved, particularly with the politics involving cursed children. This sickeningly reminds me of the South African apartheid government and the Jim Crow law segregation era in the U.S. (if I can compare how the cursed children are treated to history).
Tina's mostly quiet, but I wouldn't call her kuudere.
Old 2014-02-09, 01:02   Link #329
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Tina's mostly quiet, but she isn't really kuudere.
I see then, in that case, I'll probably add this trope in the character page.

Spoiler for volume 5 and 6:

Spoiler for Enju:

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2014-02-09 at 01:14.
Old 2014-02-09, 02:31   Link #330
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Spoiler for Enju:
Enju doesn't know she's dying,I don't know anything beyond vol 4 though.Going to read vol 5 soon.Reports like these are only available to the Promoter.

What I'm asking about earlier is whether or not the Seitenshi is supposed to be the legitimate Empress of Japan, as in descended from the Emperors before the whole war broke out. In Chinese, her title was basically 'Divine Son of Heaven', one of the titles of an Emperor in China.Sounds like she is the Empress of Japan(although she only rules over Tokyo) but because of social taboos around referencing the Emperor in literature, the author chose to title her in such a way that readers know she's the Empress but without explicitly stating so.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-02-09 at 02:51.
Old 2014-02-09, 07:21   Link #331
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Enju doesn't know she's dying,I don't know anything beyond vol 4 though.Going to read vol 5 soon.Reports like these are only available to the Promoter.
That kind of make sense, since it's seems that it's the promoter's job to ensure physical, mental, and emotional health for their Initiators they care of. Normally, most promoters usually treat their initiators as just their own partners and don't really bond with them. Rentaro is different, since he not only see Enju as an Initiator, but treats her like a little sister to him (think of it like a "big brother instinct"). Apparently, this is basically a Tear Jerker since Rentaro treats Enju like a part of his family, yet he wanted Enju to live a happy life in her remaining time left as a human. Because of this, he kinda withheld some crucial information about Enju's health status and the cruel fate of most cursed children and instead put the emotional burden and angst on himself. In fact, IIRC, the fifth and sixth volume suppose to deconstruct dedication to other people's happiness which involves sacrificing his own.

Spoiler for From volume one ending:

To be fair, I don't think the author is cruel enough to kill off Enju yet. I think he would prefer hurting the main/core characters emotionally and mentally fover flatout killing them while he just kills off other characters. By hurting the characters mentally and emotionally, it kind creates a lot of tear jerkers and drama (which is something the LN author wants) or at least piss off the fans.

I think the worst the author can do to Enju is break her emotionally and mentally to the point that she'll be broekn completely with a much darker change in her personality.
Old 2014-02-09, 08:00   Link #332
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
That kind of make sense, since it's seems that it's the promoter's job to ensure physical, mental, and emotional health for their Initiators they care of. Normally, most promoters usually treat their initiators as just their own partners and don't really bond with them. Rentaro is different, since he not only see Enju as an Initiator, but treats her like a little sister to him (think of it like a "big brother instinct"). Apparently, this is basically a Tear Jerker since Rentaro treats Enju like a part of his family, yet he wanted Enju to live a happy life in her remaining time left as a human. Because of this, he kinda withheld some crucial information about Enju's health status and the cruel fate of most cursed children and instead put the emotional burden and angst on himself. In fact, IIRC, the fifth and sixth volume suppose to deconstruct dedication to other people's happiness which involves sacrificing his own.

Spoiler for From volume one ending:

To be fair, I don't think the author is cruel enough to kill off Enju yet. I think he would prefer hurting the main/core characters emotionally and mentally fover flatout killing them while he just kills off other characters. By hurting the characters mentally and emotionally, it kind creates a lot of tear jerkers and drama (which is something the LN author wants) or at least piss off the fans.

I think the worst the author can do to Enju is break her emotionally and mentally to the point that she'll be broekn completely with a much darker change in her personality.
The relationship between promoters and initiators differs a lot depending on the couple. Some promoters tells their initiators their status while some don't. Also, most Promoters that are named actually treats their partners like their little sister/daughter.Although, it's also known that some only treats them as a source of income.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-02-09 at 08:14.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:03   Link #333
Dark Paladin X

Spoiler for more on Enju:

I really need to keep track on how many times Enju broken down emotionally (usually involves her breaking down in tears):

Spoiler for number of times the author have Enju breaking down emotionally:

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2014-02-09 at 10:21.
Old 2014-02-09, 10:34   Link #334
BW95
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler for Enju:
It's Kisara's fiance who also happens to be the head of the cops or something. So he's really got it out for Rentaro.

Enju doesn't know.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 12:36   Link #335
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:

Just glancing through it, it seems good for me.

Although again, I stressed this before but my "summaries" are a very rough translation of a translation of the original. There's bond to be things that I misunderstood in there.

Quote:
Maybe, but the 'Adolf Hitler' of this series isn't a complete nut job as the Adolf Hitler in RL.Unlike the one in RL, this one is actually intelligent.
Spoiler for Reply to your answer:
Spoiler for eh:

Quote:

Eh, I think that Black Bullet is more of a optimistic story as far as story's with this premise goes.

I wouldn't go as far as to state that there's no "hope" since there is and every arc so far has ended in a optimistic tone (if you ignore Enju's looming death date).

Quote:
Spoiler for Tina Sprout:
Not at all.

She's more of a "ditzdere" rather then a "kuudere". Yeah she has that blank look on her face but it's pretty much required for every series to have a character with that look.

Quote:
If the author intended for Seitenshi to be a MLK archtype then Rentaro would be akin to Malcolm X.

He's does take a more aggressive stance compared to Seitenshi which is ironic because Rentaro's actions are passive by nature.

Quote:
Wait you read Chinese translations don't you?

Volume 5 is already translated?
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 14:35   Link #336
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Not at all.

She's more of a "ditzdere" rather then a "kuudere". Yeah she has that blank look on her face but it's pretty much required for every series to have a character with that look.

If the author intended for Seitenshi to be a MLK archtype then Rentaro would be akin to Malcolm X.

He's does take a more aggressive stance compared to Seitenshi which is ironic because Rentaro's actions are passive by nature.

Thanks for the clarifications. I've updated the characters TV Tropes page to reflect on that. Also, it's been agreed with the folks in the forums that Enju does not know that she's slowly dying or turning into a Gastrea. Don't you think if Enju were to found out about this, this would most likely break her emotionally forever? It seems that the author loves to break Rentaro and Enju emotionally and mentally a lot.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Old 2014-02-09, 16:32   Link #337
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Just glancing through it, it seems good for me.

Although again, I stressed this before but my "summaries" are a very rough translation of a translation of the original. There's bond to be things that I misunderstood in there.

Spoiler for eh:

Eh, I think that Black Bullet is more of a optimistic story as far as story's with this premise goes.

I wouldn't go as far as to state that there's no "hope" since there is and every arc so far has ended in a optimistic tone (if you ignore Enju's looming death date).

Not at all.

Wait you read Chinese translations don't you?

Volume 5 is already translated?
I do read the Chinese translations. Volume 5 is out. The biggest weakness of Japan, for Tokyo that is, is that they simply don't have that much people to replenish the loses. The only reason why a phase 5 can wreck the hell out of it is because
Spoiler for vol 4:
Old 2014-02-11, 03:56   Link #338
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

And let the journey of TL-ing begin~
Old 2014-02-11, 05:04   Link #339
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
And let the journey of TL-ing begin~