viperx116

Taking bets that it's Gin.
Old 2008-11-07, 01:39   Link #43
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
no, Momo = cute and full of fail
You got that right. She's pure fan service.
Old 2008-11-07, 01:47   Link #44
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Am reading the chapter now. Got to give some more credit to Soi Fon now. She wasn't complaining about Omaeda interfering only out of her arrogance, but because she felt backstabbing Vega would have been preferable to protecting Soi. Don't save your ally directly, but instead attack your enemy from behind. I wonder if there's any personal bitterness in such a bleak view of comradery?

It's also amusing that despite soi Fon saying "if you see your allies losing, that's your chance... Take the enemy from behind " when Vega was about to cero Omaeda's ass, she chose to save him instead of stab Vega. Makes me wonder if she's more sentimental than she pretends.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-07 at 02:08.
Old 2008-11-07, 01:49   Link #45
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
Am reading the chapter now. Got to give some more credit to Soi Fon now. She wasn't complaining about Omaeda interfering only out of her arrogance, but because she felt backstabbing Vega would have been preferable to protecting Soi. Don't save your ally directly, but instead attack your enemy from behind. I wonder if there's any personal bitterness in such a bleak view of comradery?

It's also amusing, that for all soi Fon's words about ignoring allies...........when Vega was about to cero Omaeda's ass, she chose to save him instead of stab Vega. Makes me wonder if she's more sentimental than she pretends.
Of course lol. She's not that cold-hearted. But she's also not the type to admit those kind of things out loud.
Old 2008-11-07, 02:02   Link #46
tbl
Affably Evil

"If you see your allies losing, that's your chance... Take the enemy from behind. And if your enemy's so strong you can't even do that, than just watch your ally be killed"

Now that has to be one of the most badass lines in Bleach. My respect for Soi Fon as a character just went up a whole lot.

I hope it isn't Hinamori. Someone good would be nice. Vaizard would be great, but I doubt she would've recognised one.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-11-07, 02:11   Link #47
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Of course lol. She's not that cold-hearted. But she's also not the type to admit those kind of things out loud.
I see your point. Especially in a shounen, it's a fairly safe bet that cold-hearted heroes are actually warm on the inside. But other than her hard-on for Yoruichi (which is a special case), her saving Omaeda is the first time she actually demonstrated her kinder side.
Old 2008-11-07, 02:15   Link #48
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

who could it be...would like to say Ikkaku has come back to redeem his dumb ass...
Old 2008-11-07, 02:26   Link #49
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
who could it be...would like to say Ikkaku has come back to redeem his dumb ass...
Roflmao. No Ban-kai rule for him.

Dude if it is the Vaizard then this is gonna be tight!!!

Wonder what's Ichigo and the other captains in Hueco Mundo doing.
Old 2008-11-07, 03:49   Link #50
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Nah...it's probably Hinamori. How lame...

It's too early for the Vaizards to show up though - using their powers against such weaklings as the fraccion is complete overkill. They have to fight against either Aizen or the espada. Anything less will be undeserving of them.

Soi Fong really regained the respect she lost last chapter. I'm also glad she did not show a kind side to her - she did not turn into another tsundere. Looks like she may get to show off her bankai against Barragan next week, though she'll probably lose...
Old 2008-11-07, 04:13   Link #51
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Hmmm, who is it indeed? Urahara? Nah, maybe? Nah.....or is it?
Old 2008-11-07, 04:20   Link #52
Amirali
Banned

Might be the elder Shiba sister. Kubo hasn't given her a chance to strut her stuff yet.
Old 2008-11-07, 04:34   Link #53
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I dunno, the way Matsumoto looks at the end of the chapter, and the way she's like "You!" makes me think Momo, especially with the whole Hitsugaya/Matsumoto/Momo triangle. Especially if you pay attention to what one of them (Mila Rose) says just a few pages before that (page 15).

"Hey you, why don't you just go get that kid? Three to two might be more interesting."

Plus, the fireball thing does look like one of Tobiume's attacks.

Momo actually fighting would be cool.
Old 2008-11-07, 04:42   Link #54
Langus
Optimus Prime

I thought "kid" was Mila Rose referring to Hitsugaya...

Regardless, I'm thinking our mystery person is either: (in order of preference)

1.) Gin.

2.) Urahara's contingent (so the "kid" might be either of his two rug rats, both of which are strong and have Urahara-awesome weapons)

3.) Momo (UUBER HAX!!!!!)
Old 2008-11-07, 05:05   Link #55
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I thought "kid" was Mila Rose referring to Hitsugaya...
That's probably what Kubo wants us to think, which is why I think it refers to someone else.

But, since Matsumoto has seen both Yoruichi (on the Sokyouku Hill at the end of the SS arc) and Kisuke (while fighting Luppi), I suppose it's possible it could be one of them. I'm sure they both know high level kido spells, and we've never actually seen Yoru's zan so it could potentially have a fire effect like Momo's.
Old 2008-11-07, 05:08   Link #56
Langus
Optimus Prime

Somehow I don't think it's Urahara or Yoruichi directly but I could be proven wrong (most likely... It happens often).
Old 2008-11-07, 05:11   Link #57
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
In her path i could foresee a sandal-slapping session provided by Hiyori
More than Momo SaoySauce deserves some sense slapped into her . Dont get me wrong I love SoySauce I really do she is one of my fave captains . But if indeed she got sense slapped into her

* The fight would have dragged on for one and half chapter

* Omeada would have never looked cool even for a second

* Many Vega fans wouldn't have killed themselves knowing its a he and not a she

The highlight of the chapter was the Soi punch it was Kwaiiiiiiiiii~ It was so kwaii I have to say something cheesy like If Soi fong had me she could punch me any time she wants :Humna humna Humna: . Also Rangiku stop hurting my Apache Stop dont tempt me to hate you ... Apache FTW !!!

Quote:
I have to agree with CY it does look like a Tobiume attack as seen against Kira but the next chapter's win quotient would increase exponentially if it Yoru : D
Old 2008-11-07, 05:14   Link #58
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Somehow I don't think it's Urahara or Yoruichi directly but I could be proven wrong (most likely... It happens often).
Maybe Ururu using that rocket gun thing she normally uses?

Or, best crack theory ever: Don Kanonjie (however it's spelled). XD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I have to agree with CY it does look like a Tobiume attack as seen against Kira but the next chapter's win quotient would increase exponentially if it Yoru : D
Yes, I would definitely be happy with Yoruichi appearing. ^_^ Haven't seen her in ages it feels like.
Old 2008-11-07, 05:30   Link #59
Yûyake

Pretty sure like the other its Hinamori even tho i really hope its not.. i really dislike that character.. i wish Aizen wouldnt have failed at killing her.. i Mean.. it make Aizen look bad.. Im gonna take over the world.. but i failed at killing a girl (which wasnt moving on top of it).. really convincing.. *sigh* Hopefully it would be someone else but..
Old 2008-11-07, 06:36   Link #60
Luapman

Maybe the unknown arrival are the Vizards showing up... Otherwise Kubo leaves me near speechless with another chapter apparently drug up from the bowls of some infernal sewer.

Anyways, given the very poor storytelling for the last, oh, 100 chapters or so I'd say Kubo needs to retire as far as story creation is concerned. Keep him as the primary artist but someone with talent needs to step in. It's just getting pathetic now.

Last edited by Luapman; 2008-11-07 at 07:25.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion