AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-04-16, 09:34   Link #681
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Then we got more trailers and the marketing ploy.
You missed a lot of points where they pushed Alisha down to people throats, then bail out at the very last moment with that trailer featuring Roze.

Hell, that OVA didn't help in that regard at all.
Old 2015-04-16, 10:12   Link #682
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yep, no idea what you're talking about, at least talking in regards to Asuki. Even up to post 250'ish people were STILL questioning whether Alicia is a main heroine, and post 300'ish people were making up theories that Rose and Alisha might be like Kratos/Zelos. THREE HUNDRED POSTS into this thread! That's like half this thread already, and certainly after the OVA if I'm getting the context right...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 10:21   Link #683
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I can't tell who the male English VAs are, but Alisha is clearly Alexis Tipton and Lailah seems to be Carrie Keranen.
I've seen a guess that Sorey is Robbie Daymond .
Old 2015-04-16, 10:23   Link #684
GDB

Outside of a one or two people riding the rage from Japan for some reason, the main complaint here is that she's just gone. It's NOT a Kratos/Zelos situation. There's no method wherein you can retain her on your team. In a series known for two things: battle system and characters (development, interaction, etc). So they spend time getting you to care about her, and then dump her.

It'd be like if you played Abyss and your core team were Luke, Guy, and Natalia, and then you get a handful of hours into the game, Tear shows up and Natalia just disappears to accommodate her.

Hell, they should've known this outrage would occur. There was a good bit of outrage from Richard (a non female character) being written out as a playable character a handful of hours into Graces. But at least he was written out to become an antagonist and continued to be a part of the story. There was still complaining, but it was better than what Alisha got.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 10:28   Link #685
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yep, no idea what you're talking about, at least talking in regards to Asuki. Even up to post 250'ish people were STILL questioning whether Alicia is a main heroine, and post 300'ish people were making up theories that Rose and Alisha might be like Kratos/Zelos. THREE HUNDRED POSTS into this thread! That's like half this thread already, and certainly after the OVA if I'm getting the context right...
Except that people didn't expect her to be a Flynn 2.0. You can't call a character playable at most 15-20% of the time a "kratos/zelos" like at all. Whereas it was sort of obvious she wouldn't be the main heroine after the revelation that only Roze could fuse with the Tenzoku, the OVA and other points hardly made people think she would disappear for the vast major part of the damn game.

EDIT: Welp, too late.
Old 2015-04-16, 10:36   Link #686
Kirayuki

Then they announced a paid DLC scenario where you can play as her again, only after a week from release date. It's enough to make you forget the "WHO is the main heroine" thing.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 12:36   Link #687
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Specifically, some of those marketing ploys Klashikari mentioned were several official items such as the Alisha figure (of note, she was the only character to get one, I'm not sure but I think none of the others have a figure yet) and Alisha's character profile on Bandai Namco's very own Tales of Asteria mobile game that specifically said "The heroine of Tales of Zestiria." Then after the game was released and everybody found out she was removed from the story, both of these items were changed to say "Appears in Tales of Zestiria." That certainly didn't help.

What also didn't help is how poorly they did her removal from the game. Immediately after she leaves the party there's a big main story event that directly involves her, but not only does she not appear for the entirety of said event, the next time you see her in the story it's as if the event never happened at all.

Then like Kirayuki said, they announced the Alisha DLC. At that point, I couldn't believe Bamco didn't see the rage coming.
Then the fan rage made Bamco make the DLC free, and so they abandoned the DLC altogether since they realized they'd screwed themselves out of making a profit from it.
Old 2015-04-16, 14:03   Link #688
GDB

Sorey got a figure too. Or rather, will get one. Releases this month.
Old 2015-04-16, 16:58   Link #689
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

And it might not seem like a big deal... and might not have been such a big deal... if BanNam had a pinch of decency and admitted their fault.

But no, what do they do? They go around SECRETLY erasing any tracks of evidence that contradicts their statements (in the information age, yeah, genius), blame glitches in the game on the user, and all too much other crap.

Then, as people might know if they occasionally bother to follow this mess, Baba (seemingly) tried posing as a consumer was trying to defend himself on the Tales official feedback forum, they find out Rose's outfit was based off a wedding dress, BanNam fixes a not-so-important bug benefiting Alisha only to cause the game to freeze near the final boss, and it just goes on.

As an ex-Tales fan, I'm not mad or anything. I leave that to the fools that still buy the series. I'm just incredibly... amazed at everything.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 17:01   Link #690
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Then, as people might know if they occasionally bother to follow this mess, Baba (seemingly) tried posing as a consumer was trying to defend himself on the Tales official feedback forum, they find out Rose's outfit was based off a wedding dress,
This is the first I've heard of that... Wow .
Old 2015-04-16, 17:02   Link #691
GDB

Quote:
they find out Rose's outfit was based off a wedding dress
...in what possible way is the knock off of Rita's outfit a wedding dress?

Quote:
As an ex-Tales fan, I'm not mad or anything. I leave that to the fools that still buy the series. I'm just incredibly... amazed at everything.
Clearly anyone who likes what you don't, or doesn't care about BS drama, is a fool.
Old 2015-04-16, 17:07   Link #692
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hahaha, well, putting aside whether it is a good idea to buy Tales, which I leave to the results of the next game (assuming it comes out, assuming Baba survives his next public appearance, assuming assuming assuming), there is no way you can deny the wedding dress thing. Because it was written in the guide book.
Oh, but I guess I see I created a misunderstanding. When I say outfit, I mean her transformation outfit. I didn't know an English translation for the appearance, so I just said outfit.

Oh, and you can still get the image of it online:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/teiruzuof...5/a5272d7c.jpg
Forgive me for using a blog's link to the image, but I'm too lazy right now to download and reupload Baba's act of self-gratification.

Oh, and:
personal code:hideo/2357.88
(Don't you dare decode it in Leet!)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2015-04-16, 17:33   Link #693
GDB

Oh, THAT outfit.

And whether it's a good idea to buy a game or not is up to personal opinion, not whether the game that isn't even announced yet is good or not. Why should anyone care what public perception (especially foreign public perception) of a game is if they enjoy it?
Old 2015-04-16, 18:08   Link #694
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
not whether the game that isn't even announced yet is good or not.
I'm looking forward to it. If they don't bother to change anything, then it will be a game that has already been released, let alone announced.
And if they fix things so the entire game isn't "Wow Rose!" and every other cons that have already been stated about it, then the Japanese audience will catch on fire again and that will be interesting in itself.

Old 2015-04-16, 18:27   Link #695
GDB

Are you assuming the next game is a director's cut or enhanced port of Zestiria or something? Because there's no indication of that, and everyone expected that of Xillia and didn't get it, and then expected it of Xillia 2 and didn't get it, so...
Old 2015-04-16, 19:05   Link #696
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Summary of this in spoiler.

Quote:
Outside of a one or two people riding the rage from Japan for some reason, the main complaint here is that she's just gone. It's NOT a Kratos/Zelos situation. There's no method wherein you can retain her on your team. In a series known for two things: battle system and characters (development, interaction, etc). So they spend time getting you to care about her, and then dump her.
Just wait for PC version... I'm almost sure Alisha Mod will one of first that would be released.

Quote:
Then, as people might know if they occasionally bother to follow this mess, Baba (seemingly) tried posing as a consumer was trying to defend himself on the Tales official feedback forum, they find out Rose's outfit was based off a wedding dress, BanNam fixes a not-so-important bug benefiting Alisha only to cause the game to freeze near the final boss, and it just goes on.
I will no comment this...

Quote:
Are you assuming the next game is a director's cut or enhanced port of Zestiria or something? Because there's no indication of that, and everyone expected that of Xillia and didn't get it, and then expected it of Xillia 2 and didn't get it, so...
I doubt it. They will probably just move to next game after releasing Zestiria on PS3 and PC in NA and EU. But... director's cut/enhanced port with Alisha as MC is only version that I would buy.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-16, 22:32   Link #697
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Because you described the game as
Quote:
the game that isn't even announced yet
Since the game has already came out and did its... um... magic, I assumed that you assumed that the localization would actually improve it and be like a completely different game.

Old 2015-04-16, 22:48   Link #698
GDB

That was in response to you saying

Quote:
which I leave to the results of the next game (assuming it comes out
Not the current game that is released, and thus would not be the next game.
Old 2015-04-17, 03:21   Link #699
Fizix
Nitpicking

I don't get why people are so upset by whether a character seen in the pre release art is a main or temporary character. Seems like a whole lot of drama to me. I'm more bothered about whether the characters that are playable throughout is good and the story is good.

Not sure what I think of the trailer, it makes no sense and the lip sync is really bad. Is it a teaser trailer or a proper trailer?

Oh and I hate twitter, been spoiled about something in the game, I wish people wouldn't drop spoilers so openly.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 06:31   Link #700
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
I don't get why people are so upset by whether a character seen in the pre release art is a main or temporary character. Seems like a whole lot of drama to me. I'm more bothered about whether the characters that are playable throughout is good and the story is good.
The fact that you're making it sound like this is only about the pre-release art clearly shows you don't really know what this is about, and that you didn't read the posts detailing our reasons just a few posts above yours on this very same thread page.

You could at least look to see what people are saying before you try and say they're being dramatic.