AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-08, 20:05   Link #781
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Agreed. In the end it's just sticking to the same story and hoping people will believe him. It wouldn't change anything, but some honesty would be nice to get. Instead of just a lot of lies.
The famitsu article is old, guys. Siliconera is just covering it now.

Did you really think he said it twice?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2015-05-08 at 20:16.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 21:42   Link #782
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The famitsu article is old, guys. Siliconera is just covering it now.

Did you really think he said it twice?
I thought the interview was based on this which is dated 05/08? http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/08078106.html#page02

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 00:19   Link #783
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, don't know why they are covering that now, since he said that a long time ago. The most recent public appearance was his "Oh hi, sorry for worrying you I'm not at fault" crap.
This article itself was of course very entertaining too, since BanNam went into "Let's erase and hide evidence in the information age" mode.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 07:15   Link #784
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
People wonder why there's still bad blood over Alisha. This is a good explanation. -_-

I would have loved Famitsu asking Baba something more specific like why Alisha's weapons are sold through the entire game if she was intended to leave the party.
What the hell? Seriously? Now that's just silly. :/
Old 2015-05-09, 07:42   Link #785
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
And if it weren't bad enough, they released Alisha's 5-star card in Tales of Asteria last week as a limited-time summon. The limited availability in itself is no surprise or big deal; they did the same for the rest of the Zestiria cast and the currently-available Rose. Every seven days or so they have a new set of three limited-availability 5-stars and one 4-star through the summons. Summons are how you get new cards to improve your decks (besides events and quests); you use jems, acquired in small numbers through the game or bought in larger quantities with real money. You use the jems to randomly summon cards from one of several summon sets, one to ten cards at a time. (ten-card summons give a guaranteed 4-star) The limited-availability cards are available through almost every summon set.

What shows how Bamco is milking Alisha for profit is the fact that unlike all the rest of the Zestiria cast, and every limited-availability summon set I've seen since I started playing Asteria in January, they brought in four other limited 5-stars in addition to Alisha's instead of just two others, bringing it to five limited 5-stars instead of three, thereby decreasing your chances of getting the Alisha card.
And if you think a difference of two cards is no big difference, it is. -_-
Old 2015-05-09, 07:52   Link #786
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I've never kept up with the Alisha drama, so I thought it was just a case of misleading advertising of her basically not being that relevant of a character. Never knew there was more than just that lol.

Well, I await to see what they'll do for Tales Festival.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 08:47   Link #787
Inept Forum User

Minor question regarding in-game stuff. If I recall correctly the type of Hyouma is linked to the taint that created it in some way. If so, are there mentions known of which is linked to which specifically, and which ones are mentioned?
Old 2015-05-09, 10:23   Link #788
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
Baba totally deserved it.
There's even a petition for Baba to step down in Japanese. Right now, nearly 2000 people have signed.
Old 2015-05-12, 17:32   Link #789
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

For people that can read Japanese:
http://onntann.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-474.html

A person goes into quite the depth in his analysis of how he thinks the game was modified (for the worse, by probably Baba for Rose). Quite some detective work.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 05:13   Link #790
justpassingby

Tales of Zestiria anime next year [source] [yaraon][source]
Official site will be opening at 9.00 pm Japan time.

Yay. More Mikako-shi for me :P.
Old 2015-06-07, 05:23   Link #791
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Huh.

Guess the old sub form is about to get necro'd

Pretty cool that we are getting a new Tale TV anime.
Old 2015-06-07, 05:25   Link #792
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
"Kanzen Shinsaku" (完全新作) huh... So the anime is a complete new story and not an adaptation? Alright.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 05:31   Link #793
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

What the......what in the............

So in the Berseria thread we were just talking about how it looked like Bamco had decided to let Zesteria go with the announcement of a new Tales game a mere few months after Zesteria was released, and now they announce a Zesteria anime? With Sley and Alisha featured?

Well, they went and made Alisha the poster-girl for Zesteria alongside Sley, without Rose again. I'd be seriously surprised if hey made the same mistake with Alisha that they made in the game. The fact that they acknowledged the confusion (in that they made excuses for it and hid evidence) and attempted damage control with making the DLC free, shows they know what the problem was. If the article illustration had featured Sley and Rose, or had featured the whole cast together, I may have not expected anything, but they're going and featuring Alisha in the promo art and articles again. They might actually be making this anime to feature Alisha as the heroine for reals this time. I would be honestly dumbfounded if they did the exact same bait-and-switch again.

And it's definitely a good bit gutsy after the incident caused by the game. But the "Kanzen Shinsaku" line may indeed be inferring that they're going to stick to their promo material this time. And on the other hand, it was pretty clear even before the game how popular Alisha was. (hence the bait-and-switch) The rage over her removal proves her popularity. Making an anime rewritten to feature her as the heroine she was supposed to be may rake them in some major bucks on the DVD/BDs with her fanbase.
Old 2015-06-07, 05:33   Link #794
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
No where is it said Sorey and Alisha are in the anime (though they probably are), the picture used by yaraon is an old magazine scan from an article about the game. Also, Kanzen Shinsaku means it's ENTIRELY new material.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 05:43   Link #795
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Ahhhhh. Darn.

Well, unless this is a sequel or sidestory anime, it'll be about the same cast, just made new. (if they were going to make an all-new cast for an all-new story, why make it in Zestiria's universe?) I guess they could still end up making it with Alisha leaving and Rose coming in, but that would be the same thing as the game and they're saying it's a "completely new project." I guess I'll wait to see the cast list and some actual promo art, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 2015-06-07, 06:13   Link #796
SubaruSumeragi

Key Visual

SubaruSumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 06:31   Link #797
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Hmm, the webpage link at the bottom isn't working right. (it looks like the address takes you to a placeholder for now) I guess they haven't put the site up yet.

Well, clearly that's Sley on the promo art, so it seems safe to say it'll be about the same cast. And the "completely new project" line still makes me think they'll looking to cash in on Aisha's popularity made clear by the whole game debacle. Like I said, they'll probably rake in some good DVD/BD sales doing that.
And it looks like UFOTable may be doing the anime. Unless they only did the art for that pic.
Old 2015-06-07, 07:04   Link #798
justpassingby

Promotional Video up

Official Site

Edit:
From twitter feed, did Mikako-shi make a UtaPri + Aquarion neta during today event? . The VAs from both anime were there too I think.
Revolution!! May Tales lasts for 12000 years...
Sasuga senden seiyuu 乙

Last edited by justpassingby; 2015-06-07 at 07:59.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 07:52   Link #799
GDB

Surprised it didn't end with a dragon roaring like the PVs for the game.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 08:20   Link #800
justpassingby

From today event
[source]
Mikako-shi kawaee! Buhi Buhi
Kayano kawaeee Nyan Nyan