We're Back

Lailah...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...es-away/.94904
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 03:46   Link #922
Jaden

Last entry in her blog...

私、この病気が治ったら、本気で婚活するんだ…!
When I get better, I'll work hard toward getting married...!

Is this her cause of death right here? You'd think someone in the industry would know better than to say something like this.

What a downer. She had so many great roles as well.
Old 2015-11-02, 12:47   Link #923
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And this was so recent a role for her too...I can't remember the last time we had a VA for a main party member pass away, except maybe Tomoko Kawakami, and it's especially saddening considering now it means she'll never be able to reprise Lailah again .

I guess it gives Bamco an added reason not to touch on Zesteria ever again...though I wouldn't be surprised if they recast her for spinoff games if only so Sorey doesn't lose one of his forms. They at least have a lot more leeway here compared to how someone probably has to replace her as Sapphire for Prism Illya .
Old 2015-11-02, 12:48   Link #924
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

we have ToZ anime in the future r8?
Old 2015-11-02, 12:59   Link #925
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
we have ToZ anime in the future r8?
We have a Tales anime in the future. People merely assumed it would be Zestiria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
They at least have a lot more leeway here compared to how someone probably has to replace her as Sapphire for Prism Illya .
They already cut a lot of her lines from 2wei Herz because she wasn't feeling well, so I expect them to try and have her not talk at all in 3rei (she doesn't have much of a role in early 3rei anyway). If they get to the point where she has to talk, they might try to get Yumi Kazaku to play her, since she voiced Hisui for the anime that some say never existed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 13:10   Link #926
Shadow5YA

Quote:
For those of you who have played ahead, can anyone tell me was Alisha playing the role of Flynn where we can see her getting stuff done on the sidelines?
Yes.

If you've met Sergei, her role is similar to his, except for the Hyland side. There are sidequests to see how they handle things.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 16:00   Link #927
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yes.

If you've met Sergei, her role is similar to his, except for the Hyland side. There are sidequests to see how they handle things.
actually no, we don't even see what is alisha doing until the end
and we actually see a lot of shit that sergei is doing while we are travelling
sergei is flynn, alisha is... dunno, just a fodder waifu bait character
Old 2015-11-03, 12:33   Link #928
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
actually no, we don't even see what is alisha doing until the end
and we actually see a lot of shit that sergei is doing while we are travelling
sergei is flynn, alisha is... dunno, just a fodder waifu bait character
Obviously you can't see what Alisha is doing when you're stuck in the opposing nation's territory. That's common sense...

But the moment you go back to Hyland, there are sidequests to see what she is doing. And then once again after you take out Tiamat. She was also the one who approached Sergei for peace talks.

And then once again before the final dungeon, right after you have a sidequest to check up on Sergei.

She may not be charismatic enough to be Sorey's equal like Flynn was to Yuri, but her role is nearly identical to Sergei's for the opposing nation. They're both knights with a strong sense of honor and duty who end up being punching bags for the politicians in their country until the war effort finally dies down.
Old 2015-11-18, 05:20   Link #929
Ultragunner

YAY, it seems like there has been a fix for 60fps

though at the beginning it seems like the gameplay just speeds up x2
Old 2015-11-19, 21:42   Link #930
GDB

Finally got around to starting this today. Just got Alisha in my party. Going to be so sad when they jettison her; I'm really liking her personality. Lailah's been more fun than expected too, though it's still weird with her since I'm using Japanese audio.
Old 2015-11-20, 02:39   Link #931
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Slight NSFW

NSFW
Bikini
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-11-20, 05:01   Link #932
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Slight NSFW

NSFW
Bikini
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That's a good-looking bikini.

Now where did you find that?
Old 2015-11-20, 05:53   Link #933
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
YAY, it seems like there has been a fix for 60fps
Holy crap! I actually went around the net reading what the developers of this mod had to say about it, and it's very interesting.

Basically, Bamco weren't lying when they said that the game wouldn't work well in 60fps. It can be done just by switching a couple numbers around, but it causes some serious jankiness whenever the hardware can't keep up (and this happens a lot in the game even at 30 fps, even on modern systems). So the modders actually had to fix quite a lot of stuff in the engine to make it work...and they're still not done.

Confirms two of my impressions from playing the game: that the game engine is garbage, and Bamco put the absolute minimum effort in the PC port. That studio is in dire need of talented programmers.
Old 2015-11-20, 19:33   Link #934
GDB

Just got to where Alisha leaves. Few thoughts:

1) Going to be sad to see her go. I've really been enjoying this cast thus far, and Alisha was a big part of that.
2) Thought she was going to stay for about 20 hours of gameplay, but even going slow she only stuck around for like 10 hours.
3) Had to reload to before she left because the game didn't unequip her before she left. WTF kind of game does that?
Old 2015-11-20, 20:55   Link #935
Shadow5YA

Why does it matter? The game gives you multiple copies of the same equipment through drops and the shop, and given how early you are in the game with Normins barely unlocked, I doubt you have any decent skills on Alisha's female armor, shoes, or ring.
Old 2015-11-20, 22:53   Link #936
GDB

She actually had tremendous skills for this stage of the game. Enough that I was able to give her a 4-Earth row and get +1 defense on level up. Her shoes also had some skill that made total damage under 400 negated (though I have no clue how it works, since sometimes she'll seem to take peashooter damage).

And it's not like it was hard to reload, since I saved less than 2 minutes before she left. Was just annoying since nowadays most games will unequip characters that are gone. Hell, I'm pretty positive SYMPHONIA did it, and that character had a chance to come back if you met certain conditions.
Old 2015-11-20, 23:23   Link #937
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I actually wonder if that happened because she was originally not supposed to leave the party permanently, just like how they left all of her weapons in the weapon shops throughout the game.
Old 2015-11-21, 03:22   Link #938
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The gears aren't that bad of a deal, but I probably should have changed her fashion before letting her go
Old 2015-11-21, 14:38   Link #939
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She actually had tremendous skills for this stage of the game. Enough that I was able to give her a 4-Earth row and get +1 defense on level up. Her shoes also had some skill that made total damage under 400 negated (though I have no clue how it works, since sometimes she'll seem to take peashooter damage).
Defense is nearly useless on the higher difficulties. Even while Armatized where it combines both character's stats, it's difficult to survive if you take a clean hit. And if you're not playing on Intense/Chaos, it doesn't even matter
Not only that, but the +1 stat on levelup skills are horribly inefficient. Even in the most optimistic scenario, where you have a 4-in-a-row lineup from level 10 all the way to the postgame where you'll be around 80 or so, you will only gain an extra 70 defense at most, which is not a decent amount. It'll be even less noticeable during the main game where you haven't gained those levels yet.

You also didn't mention which pieces had the skills that gave you your 4-Earth lineup. If some of those skills were on Alisha's spear or bowtie, then you wouldn't have a 4-earth row even if you moved her armors to Lailah, Edna, or Rose.

Invalada negates only the first 400 damage (* N if you have multiple stacks) you take in the battle. The skill does not apply beyond the first 400 damage you take.

So basically you didn't have any decent skills to begin with

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2015-11-21 at 14:56.
Old 2015-11-22, 14:14   Link #940
GDB

For early in the game, they're good skills. Especially since, like I said, I had saved like 2 minutes beforehand anyway. And 400 damage off in battle is really nice when you only have like 1200 health to begin with.