AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-29, 06:02   Link #341
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Getting less interesting was part of the charm?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 08:57   Link #342
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Getting less interesting was part of the charm?
Go to different world, impregnant a beautiful elf then have a cute daughter.
I buy that.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-01, 17:05   Link #343
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was one shitty ending. I guess it's fitting since the show as a whole was pretty shit.

We never learned how Kodai arrived at the tree.
Nothing about "Ryuzouji"'s background, he's just a one dimensional bad guy wanting to kill everyone just because.
Eriko leaves just like that.
Takuya saves Kanna and learns she's his daughter but he says nothing and leaves her to whore herself for another 50 years or more.
20 seconds epilogue for the other characters.

Takuya and Yu-No end up together forever in the void. Ok.
Old 2019-10-01, 17:10   Link #344
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And I actually liked the most of this show. But the ending was indeeed odd.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-01, 17:13   Link #345
Tenzen12

So any single end girl? And if, which?
Old 2019-10-01, 18:13   Link #346
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So any single end girl? And if, which?
Yu-No was the end girl.
Old 2019-10-01, 20:15   Link #347
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-01, 22:17   Link #348
Frontier

The Opening kept hyping up this dramatic confrontation between Takuya and Ryuzoji, only for Takuya's sole contribution to the final fight being an arm rest to help Eriko aim. I guess she has an even longer grudge against him then Takuya does, but it just didn't feel as satisfying as I was hoping for .

Are we just supposed to assume Ryuzoji's body vanished along with the demon? Just seemed kind of random that it just vanished .

Man, Ayumi can't catch a break. This is supposed to be the "original" Ayumi more or less and she still ends up dead. I guess we can at least take solace in knowing she survived in other timelines, but still .

Well, that's...a very depressing end for Dela Granto. Caught in an endless loop of colliding with Earth at a certain point and killing everyone living there. Really, the only good thing is that the Earth survived, but it still feels kind of depressing .

I guess Eriko got an ending. She was reunited with the man she loved and got to kill the demon that took him from her, and now she'll probably go back to doing her job of being a super-hot dimension agent. I would totally watch an Eriko-sensei spinoff focusing on her on the job .

Takuya saves Kanna and realizes she's his and Amanda's daughter, although they don't really do anything with it. Gotta feel for Amanda being separated from Takuya and having to raise Kanna on her own in a completely new world up until she died, leaving Kanna alone to suffer until she ends up meeting her father without ever knowing he was her father. Man, this show had some weird family dynamics .

So Mio is still moving and totally lost Takuya without even having a real chance. I guess maybe she and Yuki have the potential for something in the future. But yeah, I kinda feel like Mio deserved better on a lot of fronts .

Plus one to that random woman who slapped Toyotomi. She knows what's what .

Kaori is still a reporter, and hopefully less of a criminal in this timeline and less prone to preying on teenagers...

Mitsuki got out of Ryuzoji's house, so I guess she's freed from the brainwashing and from the cycle of her death in other timelines? At least one can hope .

Oh hey, Takuya's dad and his mom. I still don't really know what the heck is going on with them and Dr. Arima was as vague there as he has been the entire series .

So Takuya ends up with...his daughter. Granted, I guess it's his daughter with the soul of his wife in there, but it's still pretty weird. I guess the show knew what it was going for the moment Yu-No kissed him in the first episode. And now they're living in...infinity or eternity or something, holding each other naked. I guess that's an ending .

So what did they name the tree? "Yu-No?" I guess the "Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World" refers to Yu-No with the man she loves (her father)?
Old 2019-10-01, 23:34   Link #349
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yu-No was the end girl.
I was hoping it will be someone interesting instead, good I waited until end before deciding whether finish it or not.

Thank you for information
Old 2019-10-02, 01:53   Link #350
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Lacklustre ending, I mean Yu-no was in the title but her being the end girl while being the daughter and mother at the same time while embracing each other at the beginning/end of time..

All I can think of when seeing Kanna again was that Takuya's family tree is a wreath I was kinda hoping that Takuya would've made a joke or something and tell Kanna he is her dad, if it were me I would've told her "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?"

So is the father and mother alive or dead? They might be alive in another dimension, but how? did they travel there? If so how can the father communicate to Takuya? Does he also have that device with him?

Ayumi still got the worst deal until the end, so she's the best girl.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 02:04   Link #351
zztop

The official English translation of the Yuno game remake is out already.

Reviews are also out too, here's one of them.
https://noisypixel.net/yu-no-review-ps4-pc-switch/

Is anyone interested in playing the game, to see how the anime fares next to it?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 12:05   Link #352
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The official English translation of the Yuno game remake is out already.

Reviews are also out too, here's one of them.
https://noisypixel.net/yu-no-review-ps4-pc-switch/

Is anyone interested in playing the game, to see how the anime fares next to it?
Nice timing with the finale of the anime .
Old 2019-10-02, 15:20   Link #353
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Am I the only one who thought this show got way less interesting when the scene shifted from modern Japan to Della Granto?
I kinda stopped watching soon after that.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-02, 17:05   Link #354
Frontier

OVA is titled "Mugen no Heiretsu Sekai" (Infinite Parallel Worlds), and will be released on December 26th.

Quote:
In the new episode's story, Takuya and Yu-No are inside the Tree of Vrinda, and they can see the many parallel worlds that might have been. Among them is the figure of Mitsuki, who cannot escape her tragic fate. In order to release Mitsuki from her fate, Takuya reaches out for a certain event.
Old 2019-10-02, 18:39   Link #355
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, cool, Mitsuki will get her episode. How about saving Kanna from a life of loneliness and endless prostitution though? You know, she was supposed to have bonded with Mio and Yuki too, but they didn't give a single fuck about her.
Old 2019-10-03, 11:22   Link #356
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

There goes (my) ideal ending of Takuya, Ayumi, Kanna and Yu-No living together as a regular family, and hanging out with Mio and Yuki.

...Well, it's probably around there somewhere, inside the Tree of Vrinda
Old 2019-10-03, 12:20   Link #357
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

How many times have people fallen for Ryuzoji's mind control trick already

It is good that somehow Eriko managed to destroy Ryuzoji throughout all of time otherwise Yu-No and Takuya would have gotten the same nasty surprise poor Abel did.

Also hilarious how Eriko's superiors essentially decided to pull their agent out right as a trans-dimensional disaster was about to happen and that clearly, helping to prevent it wasn't on their agenda else they would have provided her more support way before this stage. Some law enforcement agency that turned out to be....

The real kicker though is that how even after his son, daughter-in-law and grand-daughter end up as the observer of all reality, Takuya's father still manages to abandon them and go on his way. Ultimate deadbeat dad confirmed

Oh, nice. Actually interested to see whether they can actually change fate for once. It'll be even funnier though, if Yu-No discovers that in all the possibilities of the universe, there is none where Takuya's father actually fulfils his parental duties.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-10-03 at 12:53.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-04, 05:02   Link #358
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, cool, Mitsuki will get her episode. How about saving Kanna from a life of loneliness and endless prostitution though? You know, she was supposed to have bonded with Mio and Yuki too, but they didn't give a single fuck about her.
Hasn't it been very clear that Takuya has a favorite daughter?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 04:12   Link #359
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Hasn't it been very clear that Takuya has a favorite daughter?
In the original draft, Kanna was Takuya's sister. During production, Kanna's name was Kaede, and she referred Takukya as "onichan", but the most popular anime female at the time was Rei Ayanami. The writer was told to include a character who is mirroring Rei. However, he only knew Rei's by words of mouth, so he created a different character.

Kanna seems to be an uninteresting character, but the writer casts her in several key event.

Before Takuya's father disappeared, Kanna stood by his side. Before he entered the 事象の狭間(arrowslit of events), he told Kanna, "When you have eight jewels, a new path will be opened".
https://youtu.be/3WqhS6FKgXw?t=140

Mitsuki's default role is someone who cannot be saved by Takuya, regardless the draft and the final story. In the draft, she is the "God Emperor" of Del Grant. The Yu-No OVA shows that Takuya could save her.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-13, 04:35   Link #360
scififan

Talking about situation irony in mythology.

In Japan, Ayumi is a troubled project manager. She tried to do good things, but she could prevent her workers to do misdeed, and she got blamed for it. In Del Grant, Auyumi is the "God Emperor" of Del Grant, and she tried to save Del Grant, but she could not prevent her soliders to do evil deeds, and she also got blame for it.

Del Grant itself is an irony.

The futuristic human society predicts that the Earth civilization will be destroyed by an Asteroid. They created a space ship that orbits the solar system. They thought that they escaped their fate, but they still have to avoid collision with Earth periodically. The leading scientist converts her knowledge to data, so the future pilot(?) can use her knowledge to save Del Grant. When Del Grant running out resources, the civilization is in decline. The piloting operation becomes a religious ritual. People of Del Grant realizes that the ritual will cause the life of priestess.

So, they built a lot of coffins for the would be priestesses.

After the ritual, Keiko was transferred to Earth many ages ago. She became Takyuya's mother. According to the writer, Keiko realized that she had to die, in order to save Del Grant. He did not explain why, but he said afterward Keiko entered 事象の狭間(arrowslit of events). It is probably why she could save Takyuya when he and Mio were trapped in the cave.

For the same analogy, the writer said that Sayless also had to die, to fulfill her role as the priestess. Afterward, Sayless also entered 事象の狭間(arrowslit of events).

For Yu-no, she was unable to save Del Grant. Del Granto became an Asteroid and collided on Earth from centuries ago, fulfill the tragedy of situation irony. After the ritual, Yu-no was transferred to Earth for centuries later. After meeting Takuya, Yu-no became particles.

The writer explains flow of time by using the theory of fluid dynamic, shown on the table of Takuya's father. It does not make any sense to me.

As many speculated, the writer later found Studio Abel. So, Abel is also saved in the OVA.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, incest