AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2019-04-28, 16:27   Link #21961
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Assuming the operation is somehow themed around Akagi, it can only be a Japanese Dreadnought. I got one in mind, can't remember the name though, and don't have WoW installed on the new computer. It's one of the earlier Tier ships, possibly premium.

Other than that, the next thing that would come to mind is a Russian BB, unless they plan to give us a Chinese ironclad. (JK)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-28, 20:02   Link #21962
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
When KC talk about Northern Waters, they think around Hokkaido and the contested Russian-Japanese islands.

Edit :

BIG SEVEN CONFIRMED!
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/s...81807386714112

So either Bismarck or Yamashiro will receive a grim reminder.

Last edited by Sheba; 2019-04-29 at 00:18.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-29, 03:20   Link #21963
AC-Phoenix
Detective

If I have to guess, Yamashiro, because the US is the only one still missing their Big7.
Guess I should use those 32 screws I got on Seaplane fighters then, eh?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-04-29, 13:22   Link #21964
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

HMS Rodney took part in Artic convoy missions. The Colorado-class didn't head north to Alaska after Midway. They headed south (and west). The New Mexico-class, USS Pennsylvania, USS Nevada, and (late to the party) USS Tennessee did head north at one point or another.

Rod was a leaky boat (she hadn't gotten a much needed refit before the war started, and the Admiralty never pulled her off long enough to do a full overhaul until 1944 (she has a refit in the United States after the hunt for Bismarck, probably in 1942), at which point they felt it wasn't worth the effort. She was left in Scapa Flow for the end of the war as the local flagship and scrapped after the war).
Old 2019-04-29, 14:19   Link #21965
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
HMS Rodney took part in Artic convoy missions. The Colorado-class didn't head north to Alaska after Midway. They headed south (and west). The New Mexico-class, USS Pennsylvania, USS Nevada, and (late to the party) USS Tennessee did head north at one point or another.

Rod was a leaky boat (she hadn't gotten a much needed refit before the war started, and the Admiralty never pulled her off long enough to do a full overhaul until 1944 (she has a refit in the United States after the hunt for Bismarck, probably in 1942), at which point they felt it wasn't worth the effort. She was left in Scapa Flow for the end of the war as the local flagship and scrapped after the war).
I'm not 100% sure we should look at WWII missions, but rather Sino-Japanese, for which I couldn't find a ship list and was too lazy to google it.

Old 2019-04-29, 15:02   Link #21966
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All but a few pre-dreadnoughts and armored cruisers of that era were scrapped for the Washington Treaty. All of those that remained were repurposed as auxiliaries of one kind or another (if not outright target ships or training ships).
Battleship Mikasa being the famous one and was a museum since the 1920s.
Battleship Asashi became a submarine tender and later a repair ship. She was sunk by a US submarine in 1942.
Cruiser Yakumo was a training ship and survived the war.
Cruisers Iwate and Izumo were training ships, though Izumo did stuff during the war with China, engaging American and British gunboats. Both were sunk in 1945 at Kure.
Cruisers Asuma and Tokiwa were converted in the 1920. Asuma was a stationary training station for the whole war after running aground in 1935, but survived the war. Tokiwa was converted into a minelayer. Was also was forced to run aground in 1945 and was later salvaged and scrapped.

Of Japanese dreadnoughts, only two were built that Japan didn't retain for the Second World War (with Kongo and Fuso being the oldest classes past that). The Kawachi-class dreadnoughts. Kawachi blew up during World War One. Settu was converted into a target ship and used until American aircraft sank it in 1945. She was refloated and scrapped after the war.

The semi-dreadnoughts of the Satsuma-class were both sunk as targets in the 1920s.
Old 2019-04-29, 15:09   Link #21967
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'm not 100% sure we should look at WWII missions, but rather Sino-Japanese, for which I couldn't find a ship list and was too lazy to google it.
Not sure what you are talking about. I think you are severely confusing something in terms of geography.

Anyway, the devs were specifically talking about an IF operation. I.e., not a historical one.
Old 2019-04-29, 15:33   Link #21968
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Of the American Big Seven. USS Maryland was repaired before USS Colorado's refit was completed (not by much, but still), Both were on standby in case the Japanese made a move past Hawaii in June of 1942. USS West Virginia took a long time to fix. Returning to duty just in time for Leyte.

I'd assume they would pick Maryland so they can shorten it to Mary as often as possible. That and Colorado missed the Battle of Surigao Strait.
Old 2019-04-29, 17:50   Link #21969
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Not sure what you are talking about. I think you are severely confusing something in terms of geography.

Anyway, the devs were specifically talking about an IF operation. I.e., not a historical one.
Nope, Northern waters just sounds like the northern part of the eastern Japanese sea to me.
But if they have already referred to a make up mission, that has become mute anyway.

Old 2019-04-29, 22:49   Link #21970
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Nope, Northern waters just sounds like the northern part of the eastern Japanese sea to me.
And how come you thought of Sino-Japanese then. Those battles never occured in the Sea of Japan. Hence I was saying that you are confusing something geographically...
Old 2019-04-30, 06:56   Link #21971
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Colorado-class confirmed

Likely the nameship, who look like a Blonde Mutsu.
Old 2019-04-30, 10:23   Link #21972
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Another battleship to care of. Not a bad thing obviously, especially if she got good stats.
Old 2019-04-30, 11:59   Link #21973
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Personally hoping it's Maryland, but Colorado would be fine too. (Would be easier for the Japanese players too, because you can shorten it to Mary).
As for the guns... I see hard mode in my near future. Guess I'll have to stop finding out why the KongouK2_C gun quest won't appear.

I just hope it's a Yoshinori CG, though if she is supposed to look similar to Mutsu chances are actually good for that.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-04-30 at 12:10.
Old 2019-04-30, 16:13   Link #21974
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

So if the next event is a ''what if'' scenario and involving northen area, wouldn't it be logical to conclude than we will have to liberate part of Siberia or Alaska ?
Old 2019-04-30, 16:53   Link #21975
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
So if the next event is a ''what if'' scenario and involving northen area, wouldn't it be logical to conclude than we will have to liberate part of Siberia or Alaska ?
Not really. The logical conclusion would be Kurils / Aleutians.
Old 2019-04-30, 18:13   Link #21976
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Does anyone know what the requirements for Kongou's k2Gun quest are? I even did the 50 Transport quest now and it's still not popping up, despite Hiei's sortie having been done...
Pretty much half my fleet is in the docks already as I also did the BBV quests. Really annoying when you only have 1k buckets 1 month before a Large scale event you want to do on hard mode.

edit: Unless I completely overlooked it in the KC3 strategy room before, it was probably C2.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-04-30 at 18:38.
Old 2019-04-30, 18:40   Link #21977
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Not really. The logical conclusion would be Kurils / Aleutians.
I don't know why I didn't think about the Kurils but I always took for granted than the Aleutians as part of Alaska.

Quote:
Does anyone know what the requirements for Kongou's k2Gun quest are? I even did the 50 Transport quest now and it's still not popping up, despite Hiei's sortie having been done...
Pretty much half my fleet is in the docks already as I also did the BBV quests. Really annoying when you only have 1k buckets 1 month before a Large scale event you want to do on hard mode.
I had that quest disponible right at the end of the update even if I didn't had the time to clear much of weekly quests before. The quest(s) blocking you this one might be quaterly or one-time-only quest.
Old 2019-04-30, 22:08   Link #21978
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I don't know why I didn't think about the Kurils but I always took for granted than the Aleutians as part of Alaska.

I had that quest disponible right at the end of the update even if I didn't had the time to clear much of weekly quests before. The quest(s) blocking you this one might be quaterly or one-time-only quest.
I think it was C2, unless I completely overlooked it in KC3 while clearing some of the weeklies and quarterlies earlier.

Edit:
Whoever thought it would be a good idea to force people into S-Ranking 5-5 twice with 2DD should be forced to S rank it twice using a fleet of 6DDs

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-05-01 at 09:54.
Old 2019-05-03, 01:17   Link #21979
usspaul

im kinda mad i didnt receive any rewards cause i was ranking and before the reset i was in the 150s but still didnt get anything
Old 2019-05-08, 10:55   Link #21980
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

According to a preview of Compitq leaked

Quote:
Devs are preparing the third remodels of other Kongou class.

The artist of the new Big Seven is one of the illustrators who had participated Kancolle since early stage. This is the first time he draws a battleship class.
We are left with Kuro Kuro (Unryuu Sisters), Parsley (Maya, Choukai, DesDiv17), Ichiso (Rainy sisters), Drew (DesDiv7 and Gotland), Fujikawa (Yuugumo class, Ooyodo and Akashi), Ayaki (Tenryuu) and Ugume (Kiso, Tama and Kuma).

Expect: Kuro Kuro (he made them thicc Unryuu)
Would be disapponted if: Ayaki
Want: Ichiso and Drew (Dem seasonals), and Parsley.

Last edited by Sheba; 2019-05-08 at 11:07.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls